Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

+6
BHoward
thecolorsblend
non_amos
webhead2006
GenoPeppino
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:49 am

Batman's response to the new pics of 'Bane':

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Batman11

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Batman12

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Batman13

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Batman14

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Batman15

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Bruce_10

Hey! It worked! Thanks AP! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey! It worked! Thanks AP! Laughing

Want to know the best way to thank people here? Hit that little + sign on their posts!

But you are welcome.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

It's Official: We can no longer call Little Hardy Boy the "Hulking 200lb Bane".

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

Playfully says,"I do read comments and I cry. I can't cry for everybody."

"So many people love him. And when you step into that role - you are going to fail. And be judged."

"Just trust me. I trust Nolan."

He says that he was 179lbs during Warrior and has increased his body weight to 190lbs to play Bane. But he adds that Batman fans aren't satisfied with his current size and would like to see him at 220 pounds, and jokingly corrects himself an implies that might even want him at 400 pounds.

The sad truth is when Hardy talks about how immensely the fans love the character of Bane, and he feels there is no way he can please everyone, he any actor is destined to "fail" when placed into a situation like that.

He is now the "Hulking 190lb Bane"!!!!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Wow, no comments from ANYONE?

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Rodney_Dangerfield
Tough crowd....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39 pm

My computer is being repaired. Limited access until at least Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't even post the pic I wanted.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Wow, no comments from ANYONE?

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Rodney_Dangerfield
Tough crowd....

Haven't a clue on who he is; Andy's younger brother?

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

The photo ap has is of rodney dangerfield. But ap I believe wanted to know why none of us where commenting on hardy being only 190lbs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:08 pm

I don’t care one way or the other, I have never thought that Bane would translate well as a live screen villain. May have to change my opinion once they CGI him to Bane proportions…

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Rduce wrote:I don’t care one way or the other, I have never thought that Bane would translate well as a live screen villain. May have to change my opinion once they CGI him to Bane proportions…

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 If
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Ya probably wont be much of any cg to bane. As we know nolan with batman has gone for more realistic shooting and only uses cg minium amounts of time and only if it really needs to be used. This probably would have been a different case if maybe hardy/stunt doubles were wearing mo-cap suits. Then i could see bane being enhanced with cgi effects.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:58 am

Here's apparently how Nolan feels about the whole affair:

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Dick_n10
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:01 am

Now I can clearly see Bane's appearance in TDKR dosen't seem to appeal to anyone on this site as well as others outside this site but I just happen to realize something and that is the concept art of Bane that was presented from recent months does have a striking resemblance to Bane's actual appearance in the film the only major difference was the mask & physique. And I'm pretty sure people here would rather perfer the Bane from that concept than the one that is currently established!

To prove my point here's a comparison...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Baneco10

Also I'm still given the impression that the Bane that we have seen from recent set pics is possibly his non-venom form but maybe with alittle CGI (If any of it is used) we might see him in his full venom form and here's an example of what Bane's proportion could look like in the film...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Banesc10

And for a much better example here's a fanart pic of what Bane aleast should look like in that extent...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Banefa10

Regardless of what people are saying about it I'm still going to give the film a chance until I see for myself on how it really turns out as soon as it gets released!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Also I'm still given the impression that the Bane that we have seen from recent set pics is possibly his non-venom form but maybe with alittle CGI (If any of it is used) we might see him in his full venom form and here's an example of what Bane's proportion could look like in the film...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Banesc10
I'm fuzzy on the height thing. He should be at least as tall as Batman but as for being taller... don't really care. My thing is that Bane needs to be noticeably larger in terms of mass. If that means an increase in height too, whatever, but I could accept a stockier Bane that's basically the same height as long as it's clear he's not a "hulking 190 lb 'Bane'".

You want to give that a day in court? Be my guest. But when it feels like you're watching the Blandon Routh equivalent of Bane, don't say you weren't warned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I just noticed something, re: that pic of Tom Hardy with the weird mask. I just noticed that from a distance his mouth area looks like the PREDATOR! I was looking at those gnarly teeth thingys & then what mimicked 'tusks' on the sides of his mouth & I instantly thought , "PREDATOR!" Now, it may be coincidence but it's just a thought. But Tom Hardly is hardly even on a Predator level physique-wise, much less Bane. However, a Predator would even have the real Bane for lunch. But I digress..........
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Tom Hardly's "Bane" sucks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Article-1320581214135-0EB037C700000578-894404_568x478

Fail.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 pm

It is diapointing hardy is short and not really extreme muscle mass. I still wonder of all characters why the heck was bane even picked.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Read between the lines:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/rumor-bane-s-back-story-in-the-dark-knight-rises-description-of-the-prologue-15484

Rumor: Bane's Back-Story In 'The Dark Knight Rises;' Description Of The Prologue
By Andrew Weymes on November 29, 2011

It's funny how these 'Dark Knight Rises' rumors go. The second anything new is revealed, (a photo of Bane holding a picture of Harvey Dent up, for example) a source suddenly appears out of nowhere with storyline that ties into it. One such source of Rama's Screen has this to say about Bane's (Tom Hardy) back-story and motivations in the upcoming film:

"[Christopher] Nolan has significantly rewrote the story of Bane from the comics. He is raised by Ra’s al Ghul and his up bringing mirrors that of Bruce Wayne. It’s a mirror of Bruce, except it’s darker and twisted. Bane is trained to be an assassin for the League of Shadows. He kills political figures that are deemed unfit by the LOS. So he is a bit of a Che Guevara/ Jason Bourne type character. A revolutionary and an assassin. He comes to Gotham to start a revolution by revealing the cover up dealing with Harvey Dent and killing the Mayor, among other key political figures."

Warner Bros. hasn't bothered to ask the website to remove their posting even after a day of it being up, which lends to the notion of it not being legit. Nonetheless, it's something to ponder. The source also claims to have seen the prologue for the film that is attached to the IMAX version of 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.' It reads:

"It is one of the assassinations ordered by Ra’s al Ghul. A mind blowing action sequence set aboard the Hercules plane, involving some innovative camera work ala Inception hallway fight scene. Bane and his mercenaries hijack a military plane transporting a dictator of a country which is in unrest (think Saddam Hussein type figure). He successfully kills the leader, but makes some mistakes along the way and is unable to safely land the plane. Because of the resulting injuries from the accident, he has to undergo complicated surgeries and that is how he winds up with that scar down his neck and the need for the mask to numb the pain."

This one seems plausible mainly because of the setting. It's not something obvious like Gotham City or a specific location that had been detailed in set photos.

What do the readers think: is this just the writings of an over-imaginative fan or some legit stuff?

'The Dark Knight Rises' hits theaters on July 20, 2012.

The mayor DIDN'T die in 'The Dark Knight'.

IF this is true, Nolan has created his own character, but is using the "Bane" name to quell fanboy unrest.

Fucking HollyWeird, I swear to God.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Unless, of course, "Bane" is sent to kill the Mayor. Which would be stupid, and just ripping-off the Joker's plan in 'The Dark Knight'.

Just 8 YEARS LATER.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:IF this is true, Nolan has created his own character, but is using the "Bane" name to quell fanboy unrest.
Par for the course given who we're talking about. I'll give Nolan his due for mostly sticking with the source for the heroes and supporting characters but he has a piss poor track record with the villains. The Scarecrow is debatable but Ra's, the Joker and Hardly Bane? Those are all new characters with established names spanked on.

As to the plot... I dunno. Some of it has a ring of authenticity but a lot more seems like masturbatory fanboy speculation. Nolan runs a pretty tight ship and is pretty selective about what gets leaked out and what doesn't. Look how the production wigged out when a bunch of promo stills from TDK made it onto the net. It was a single image with a bunch of individual pictures stitched together and woe is you if you were caught hosting it on your server. If he'd go that far with protecting images, methinks it'd be a cold day in hell before he let such big stuff out there about Hardly Bane.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 am

And how hard is it really to get bane's character right.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am

webhead2006 wrote:And how hard is it really to get bane's character right.
An unbiased outsider would look at his live action depictions up to this point and conclude it's a mild Olympic level event.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:15 am

I just notice something after re-watching the "Young Justice" episode "Drop Zone" and that was Bane's body mass was no different than Hardy's and it was before being jacked up on venom. In edition, he only became massive after the venom injection.

To prove my point here are screencaps of Bane in his Pre-Venom form...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Bane-p10

Now here are screencaps of Bane in his Post-Venom form...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 4 Bane-p11

After acknowledging all this it gives me the impression that this could very well be how Bane will be portrayed in TDKR. I know some people here believe that Nolan dosen't depend too much on CGI especially in regards towards developing a "Batman" film but nobody really knows if weither CGI will be use in the film or not anyway which also gives me a reasonable excuse to have an open mind!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Part of me wants to give you points for your optimism.

The other part of me wants to dock points for your borderline willful denial.

As it is, I'll split the difference and simply give you no points.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:43 pm

it would be nice if that is approach nolan is taking with venom(if its in the film at all) but like colors said from what we know/seen doesnt look to be the case at all.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next