Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

+6
BHoward
thecolorsblend
non_amos
webhead2006
GenoPeppino
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 6 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:15 pm

The studio execs better worry about more than just the audio on this one! Physically and visually this 'Bane' is already a joke! Nolan should've known better! And just wait for the fanboy backlash when Hardly Bane fails to deliver, except for his 'ninja' moves! That is, unless they're all apologists, in which case they'll 'jizz' in their pants. And look at duh Nolan. Stubborn & obstinate as usual. He's aware of the problems but wants us to 'catch up'?! Sorry Nolan, but this one ain't bringing home a cool billion!

NOLAN FOR THE FAIL!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 6 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Bane voice complaint:
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-batman-tom-hardy-bane-275489?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29
Sources close to the movie say Warner Bros. is very aware of the sound issue. One source working on the film says he is “scared to death” about “the Bane problem.” And with good reason. The last Batman film, 2008’s The Dark Knight, grossed more than $1 billion worldwide, and the studio doesn’t want anything to tamper with Rise’s chances for success.

Sources also say some at Warners would like Nolan to change the sound mix, but the filmmaker, whose autonomy is well-earned (his Inception earned the studio more than $800 million and two Oscar nominations), has informed executives that he plans only to alter the sound slightly, not to rework it completely.

“Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”

The ARROGANCE in that last sentence is beyond funny.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 am

WB spin doctor wrote:“Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”
Apologist Puncher wrote:The ARROGANCE in that last sentence is beyond funny.
It's also NOT TRUE. His Batman movies are about as subtle as a jackhammer to your head.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Ya that article is pretty crappy. Now as for bane voice I do hope they will fix things a little in post. God they got like 6 months before film will be in the can. So how hard really would it be for them/hardy to go to a studio for a day which would be all they need to redub what ever lines may be issue.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm

But remember we're talking about duh Nolan here. Arrogant. Full of himself. Beside himself! He's '2 for 2' right now with his Bat-films. He can do no wrong, right? WRONNNGGG!!!

I think Nolan has reached a point, even with duh WB, that he thinks he's 'arrived'. He makes mega-bucks for duh brothers & I'm sure they don't wanna 'rock the boat' too much. But remember, Tim Burton made 2 great Bat-films also but he ultimately got, whatever. Joel Shumacher then destroyed the franchise. Who's to say that couldn't happen again? I believe Nolan believes his own hype. He thinks he's the man & he thinks he knows it! So he goes & reinvents Bane & does whatever else he pleases. He's also got a loyal following in duh apologists.

Fans have a right to get the film done right. I think this is only fair. Obviously the prologue caused fans to actually question Nolan. If you can't understand what's being said, you just can't! What are we supposed to do, Nolan? We're a work a week later & then, because our brains are like computers, it 'dawns' on us then what you were trying to convey?! Is that your approach? Treat us like retards & expect us to somehow 'absorb' it down the line?

Apparently duh WB is justified in their concern. If this film flops, maybe that will be the call for the reboot. It's gonna 'under-perform' from TDK anyway you look at it so it's likely inevitable that sooner or later this continuity will be disregarded?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 pm

non_amos wrote:Apparently duh WB is justified in their concern. If this film flops, maybe that will be the call for the reboot. It's gonna 'under-perform' from TDK anyway you look at it so it's likely inevitable that sooner or later this continuity will be disregarded?
If the movie fails, I think it'd take more than Hardly Bane's muffled dialog. I don't know that WB will necessarily have their eye on a reboot either. If TDK had done "only" $350 or $400'ish mill in the US, WB might be more willing to experiment with the franchise but TDK's insane success (whether deserved or undeserved) is probably going to make them think twice about rebooting.

But as Bale and Nolan are leaving the franchise after this, you'd think the writing would be on the wall.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm

^ It's funny because it's true. Bane is a step away from sounding like the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 6 39784L
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 am

I bet even the guy in that parody is bigger than Hardly Bane, just not cut or anything. What a crock this is! Nolan should have enough to worry about with Hardly Bane's size but now he's also gotta worry about no one knowing what the guy is saying! I almost don't even know what else to say at the moment so maybe I just won't. Been a long day anyway.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

Haha funny parody.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 am

webhead2006 wrote:Bane voice audio improved(at work so don't have time to post the whole story):
http://collider.com/dark-knight-rises-bane-audio-cleaned/135038/

Exclusive: New Audio Mix on DARK KNIGHT RISES IMAX Prologue; Bane Now Easier to Understand
by Adam Chitwood Posted:January 2nd, 2012 at 8:33 pm
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 6 Slice382

It’s pretty safe to say that Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is one of the most anticipated movies of the year. Some fans were treated to an early look at the film by way of a six-minute prologue earlier this month on select IMAX screens. While most were very happy with the footage, the one universal complaint has been that Bane’s (Tom Hardy) dialogue is hard to understand. Even in the newest trailer, it’s hard to decipher what the guy’s saying.

A few weeks ago, it was reported that despite widespread outcry, Nolan had no plans to rework Bane’s dialogue. He said he wasn’t opposed to “altering the sounds slightly” but he refused to “rework it completely.” Sources have now informed us that Warner Bros. has sent out a new audio mix for the Dark Knight Rises prologue to IMAX theaters, and Bane’s dialogue is now much easier to understand. Hit the jump for the details.

A source has informed us that a new audio mix was sent to IMAX theaters a few days ago. Here’s what he had to say:

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 6 Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy-549x600“A friend of mine who is an IMAX projectionist told me they received a new soundtrack for the Dark Knight Rises prologue. He said it’s now a combo soundtrack with Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, but the cool thing about this is that they’ve cleaned up the dialogue. They’ve gone in and lowered the background noise of the plane and other things, thus making Bane’s dialogue clearer and more understandable. He asked some people after they left the movie if they could understand Bane and they all said they had no issue understanding him, and were excited for the movie.”

It definitely sounds like Nolan is sticking to his guns (ie. not reworking Bane’s dialogue), but he’s at least conceding that the audio—one way or another—needs work. While I understand the director’s desire to have audiences participate rather than have everything pushed at them, when the majority of viewers can’t understand what your villain is saying, something’s gotta give.

When asked how much clearer Bane’s dialogue is now compared to when we first heard it, our source said “40-50%, because he’s no longer being overpowered by the background noise that drowned him out before.” As I’ve yet to see the prologue I can’t say whether or not the background noises seemed to be an issue, but given our source’s reaction to the new mix I’d say Nolan’s found a fine compromise. He doesn’t have to sacrifice the integrity of his vision by dumbing things down, and we can now understand what the hell Bane is saying. You can read Steve’s full spoiler-free recap of the prologue here, and click here to find out where the IMAX prologue is currently being screened. The Dark Knight Rises opens July 20th.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 am

Is this 'cleaned-up' version online yet? I already have the other muddled versions, including the 'mirror mirror' universe. I just don't feel like looking for it right now & having to sift through all of the crapola. If anyone has a link, just let us know.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:24 am

Some Collider jackoff wrote:As I’ve yet to see the prologue I can’t say whether or not the background noises seemed to be an issue, but given our source’s reaction to the new mix I’d say Nolan’s found a fine compromise. He doesn’t have to sacrifice the integrity of his vision by dumbing things down, and we can now understand what the hell Bane is saying.
Integrity? Vision? A scrawny villain with muffled lines indicates neither of those things. Arrogant self-absorption, willful ignorance or intentional self-destruction, maybe. But that's about it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:08 pm

I too would love to hear the cleared up voice to see really how improved it is.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I don't really care, to be honest.

Let me know when Tom Hardly hits AT LEAST 6 feet. Then we'll talk.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Well it looks like collider report may be incorrect:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rumor-has-christopher-nolan-re-mixed-the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-so-you-can-hear-whats-going-on#
From The New York Times writer Dave Itzkoff (via The Playlist):

"Warner Bros. says "no truth" to reports of new Dark Knight Rises prologue trailers going out with fixed Bane audio."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Well, I guess Nolan sucks then. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:15 pm

non_amos wrote:Well, I guess Nolan sucks then.
Tell me something I don't know. Rolling Eyes
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Yup
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Ah, that Tom Hardly. Gracious and down to Earth all the way!:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=52418

Tom Hardy Talks THE DARK KNIGHT RISES; Says He's Not Thinking Of Potential Oscar Nomination

The actor comments on how lucky he feels to be playing the villainous Bane in The Dark Knight Rises but reveals that he has far more grounded aspirations than winning any awards.

"Batman is such an amazing ­franchise that I honestly feel ­overwhelmingly privileged to be a part of it," the actor told The Mirror in a recent interview. "It’s such an amazing cast to work alongside, they are all so ­talented. I loved being able to play a baddie and, coming from East Sheen in South-West London, that doesn’t come easily to me. I actually had to work on not being very nice. I’m genuinely a nice guy."

The paper go on to say that the actor isn't currently thinking of any "Oscars glory" (Heath Ledger won several posthumous awards for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight) as he has his sights set on far more down to Earth matters. "I’m not even thinking about how it’s ­going to blow up for me after Batman. I’m just going to ­enjoy it and I’m still going to be buying a pint of milk by ­myself at the corner shop." He added: "My aim is to get an ­allotment. But where I live they are very ­selective about who they give one to, so even when I get to Michael Caine levels of ­acting I may not be able to have one."

No one, NO ONE, is going to be talking "Oscar" for Tom Hardly after this film comes out. His diminutive stature? Oh yes. His retarded "voice"? Without a doubt. But "Oscar"?

Fucking forget about it, Hardly Boy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

But look at the comments at that link. Perhaps Hardly could get an Oscar for this?:

shadyginzo - 1/7/2012, 5:12 PM

lol maybe a "foreign language" award

Very Happy

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:No one, NO ONE, is going to be talking "Oscar" for Tom Hardly after this film comes out. His diminutive stature? Oh yes. His retarded "voice"? Without a doubt. But "Oscar"?

Fucking forget about it, Hardly Boy.
As hysterical, overbearing and over-the-top as the "Ledger for an Oscar" crowd was, they had the engines running on their little campaign when the first teaser broke: Ledger was still alive and the public hadn't even seen any Joker footage just then. All anybody had to work from was the (as it turned slightly edited) quotation from that very first teaser. In comparison, we've now seen Hardly Bane in a teaser, two trailers and a five minute prologue.

Those chirping crickets are fucking deafening, are they not?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Consider this. To a lot of actual fans, this version of Bane, visually, is a joke! But since a lot of these dudes worship 'all things Nolan' they're willing to bend over for it. Oh sure, I'm sure Nolan will give us a really extravagant film in his usual style & all, big-budget & everything. But it still comes back to the hulking 190-lb. Bane, doesn't it? It's like the 800-lb. gorilla in the room only this one ain't 800 lbs!

To add insult to injury, even fanboys are concerned about the audio in this film yet Nolan expects us to 'catch up'. What is it? Does he think we're all a bunch or retards or something, waiting for the 'short bus' to arrive? And consider this too. Take 'non-fans' for example, the casual movie-goer. At least they had an inkling who the Joker is. And although certainly far from perfect it still appeared to be a representation of the Joker. But Hardly Bane?! First of all, these 'fans' don't necessarily know who Bane is but they do know how to GOOGLE. So what are they gonna think? And even if they don't do a search, just look at the guy! A diminutive guy walking around in a retarded bulky trench-coat with an equally retarded mask & garbled speech?

Yeah, Hardly Boy, let me know how that Academy Award nomination goes! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Haha to that author about oscar nom. If hardy is to get one. Probabbly be for a different film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next