Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

+6
BHoward
thecolorsblend
non_amos
webhead2006
GenoPeppino
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 pm

If I recall alot of people (Myself included) had doubts the Heath Ledger will pull a convincing Joker nor did they thought that he will ever top Jack Nicholson in TDK but after treated with some trailers he was actually given a chance then finally after the film was released everyone who doubted him from the get-go (Again myself included) started praising him for his performance and well... I asume y'all know the rest of the results!

Which brings me to the film TDKR regarding Tom Hardy as Bane, I'll admit I don't much approve of his appearance infact I'd expected better than what we're eventually getting and I pretty much have the same reaction towards Hardy as Bane as everyone else here but thats only because we were treated with set photos along with a few official ones and not a official trailer aleast to give a temporary judgement which in turn saving the final judgement once the film is release which is something I attend to do especially after the experience I had with TDK! So if Ledger was able to prove the nay-sayers wrong who's to say that Hardy will not do the same as he did even before TDKR release no less?

I mean you think that after directing two successful "Batman" films there shouldn't be any thought that Nolan would actually screw this up!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 pm

TDK hysteria really kicked into high gear when the teaser was released. Ledger had one line and he was instantly crowned as Nicholson's successor.

The fact is that fans of this franchise have not been noted for their patient, clear and objective thinking.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Ledger had one line and he was instantly crowned as Nicholson's successor.

Did that one line just happen to be quoted... "Starting tonight people will die, I'm a man of my word!!! (Maniacal laugh)"
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I just notice something after re-watching the "Young Justice" episode "Drop Zone" and that was Bane's body mass was no different than Hardy's and it was before being jacked up on venom. In edition, he only became massive after the venom injection.

Really? So he looked like a 5'7, 190lb short shit?

To prove my point here are screencaps of Bane in his Pre-Venom form...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Bane-p10

Nope, I guess he DIDN'T.

Now here are screencaps of Bane in his Post-Venom form...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Bane-p11

After acknowledging all this it gives me the impression that this could very well be how Bane will be portrayed in TDKR. I know some people here believe that Nolan dosen't depend too much on CGI especially in regards towards developing a "Batman" film but nobody really knows if weither CGI will be use in the film or not anyway which also gives me a reasonable excuse to have an open mind!

Then you are an idiot.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:If I recall alot of people (Myself included) had doubts the Heath Ledger will pull a convincing Joker nor did they thought that he will ever top Jack Nicholson in TDK but after treated with some trailers he was actually given a chance then finally after the film was released everyone who doubted him from the get-go (Again myself included) started praising him for his performance and well... I asume y'all know the rest of the results!

And here is that Nolan Apologist FAILED "argument". "duh lejjer wuz duh jokar n sum peeple dint tink he be god r n e ting so duh hardy gonna be da likeded him to!!!"

Here's the difference, Einstein:

The Joker was not a physically prominent character. The ONLY requirement was a white face, red lips, green hair, purple suit.
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Tdk-promo2
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 The-joker
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Batman_-_The_Killing_Joke

ALL of these look like the Joker, don't they?

Tom Hardly? Bane? Bane IS a physically prominent character. Period. That is the whole POINT of his character:
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 BaneCatwomanCover
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Dark-knight-rises-bane-tom-hardy1
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 Bane

One of these doesn't fit in with the others. I'll let YOU guess which one.

But don't hurt yourself, kid.

Which brings me to the film TDKR regarding Tom Hardy as Bane, I'll admit I don't much approve of his appearance infact I'd expected better than what we're eventually getting and I pretty much have the same reaction towards Hardy as Bane as everyone else here but thats only because we were treated with set photos along with a few official ones and not a official trailer aleast to give a temporary judgement which in turn saving the final judgement once the film is release which is something I attend to do especially after the experience I had with TDK!

Apples and Fig Newtons.

So if Ledger was able to prove the nay-sayers wrong who's to say that Hardy will not do the same as he did even before TDKR release no less?

I say.

I mean you think that after directing two successful "Batman" films there shouldn't be any thought that Nolan would actually screw this up!

Peddle your Nolan-blinded Apologist bullshit somewhere else.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Did that one line just happen to be quoted... "Starting tonight people will die, I'm a man of my word!!! (Maniacal laugh)"
Is there some other teaser where Ledger had only one line that kicked TDK hysteria into high gear that I should be aware of?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

The one thing I can say about heath he did give a good preformance in tdk.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 am

Want to know something sad about Tom Hardly as "Bane"?

I just watched 'Warrior', and in it, besides showing his acting chops, Hardly showed that he has the PHYSICALITY needed for a character like Bane. I truly suggest checking it out when it hist Blu-Ray/DVD. But physicality DOESN'T trump your less than impressive stature. If Hardly was AT LEAST as tall as Bale, I could have "swallowed" it a little easier.

But he's not, and I can't.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 am

But he could play as Ray Mysterio if they ever decide to do a film about his career? But as Bane? To me that's gonna be a hard sale! But to reiterate a previous point, duh apologists are gonna eat this up. As a matter of fact, I kidded about them 'jizzing' themselves over this & lo & behold, when I was reading the comments over at SHH about the Bane poster, some dude stated that he 'just jizzed in his pants'! But what do you expect from apologists anyway? When the shirtless pics of Henry Cavill hit there, some other guy stated, "OMG, now I am gay!" Or some such. Don't feel like looking up the link. Anyway, duh apologists trust Nolan unequivocally. Remember, Nolan is gonna blow us away with his 'Inception-style' film & Hardly is definitely a more realistic size villain, no?

I just hate to see what the BANE ACTION FIGURES are gonna look like! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 am

non_amos wrote:But he could play as Ray Mysterio if they ever decide to do a film about his career? But as Bane? To me that's gonna be a hard sale! But to reiterate a previous point, duh apologists are gonna eat this up. As a matter of fact, I kidded about them 'jizzing' themselves over this & lo & behold, when I was reading the comments over at SHH about the Bane poster, some dude stated that he 'just jizzed in his pants'! But what do you expect from apologists anyway? When the shirtless pics of Henry Cavill hit there, some other guy stated, "OMG, now I am gay!" Or some such. Don't feel like looking up the link. Anyway, duh apologists trust Nolan unequivocally. Remember, Nolan is gonna blow us away with his 'Inception-style' film & Hardly is definitely a more realistic size villain, no?

He's not even AVERAGE height.

As to the comments of posters, all I can say is: Yikes.

I just hate to see what the BANE ACTION FIGURES are gonna look like! Suspect

Short and non-muscular?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 pm

non_amos wrote:I just hate to see what the BANE ACTION FIGURES are gonna look like! Suspect
Apologist Puncher wrote:Short and non-muscular?
Maybe they'll have "real asthma action"...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:08 am

Some comments from nolan on the film and choice of bane:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/12/dark-knight-rises-christopher-nolan-opens-up-about-bane-choice/
On How He Feels About Batman's Intense Fan Base:

"It’s terrific, to have people that interested in something. It reminds you that it is a real honor to work on something that means so much to people. I’d love to be able to claim that I invented the whole thing and that’s why they’re interested. I did not. I’ve been given a very precious thing to do my best with, to look after and not to let people down. There’s a certain amount of fear that comes with it and intimidation but it’s also a great privilege. [As for the fans], they want it to be great, they want to go enjoy it and they’re fascinated by it. You know, there’s always controversy regarding things that people will disagree with but hopefully they appreciate the effort of trying to make something good."

On Shooting The Six Minute Opening Sequence:

"We had a lot of fun on it. It was a tricky sequence to shoot but a lot of very talented people worked very hard on it. And I’m thrilled with the result. We shot it in Scotland. We braved the weather — it rains all the time there, a terrible place to do an aerial sequence, which is why no one has sort of done it before. You usually wind up in the desert or something for very practical reasons. But it really came off. We got very lucky with the weather and a lot of good planning went into it. I think it had a very unique look."

On What Makes Bane Such An Effective Villain:

"With Bane, the physicality is the thing. With a good villain you need an archetype, you know, you need the extreme of some type of villainy. The Joker is obviously a particular archetype of diabolical, chaotic anarchy and has a devilish sense of humor. Bane, to me, is something we haven’t dealt with in the films. We wanted to do something very different in this film. He’s a primarily physical villain, he’s a classic movie monster in a way — but with a terrific brain. I think he’s a fascinating character. I think people are going to get a kick out of what we’ve done with him."

On The Eight Year Gap Between The Dark Knight And The Dark Knight Rises:

"It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film. But it’s not a great mystery — it’s the jumping-off point for the film — but it’s hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we’re saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there’s a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of the ‘The Dark Knight’ and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film — and the feeling at the end of that film — to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that’s the primary reason we did that. It’s a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything — which I think would be distracting — but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of [portraying] this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that."

On What It Was Like To Film His Final Batman Movie:

"I tend not to be too emotional on the set, I find that doesn’t help me do my job. But you definitely get a little lump in your throat thinking that, ‘OK, this is going to be the last time we’re going to be doing this.’ It’s been quite a journey. Hopefully, reflecting that journey — by all of us who made the films — in the three film."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:11 am

webhead2006 wrote:Some comments from nolan on the film and choice of bane:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/12/dark-knight-rises-christopher-nolan-opens-up-about-bane-choice/
He’s a primarily physical villain, he’s a classic movie monster in a way — but with a terrific brain. I think he’s a fascinating character. I think people are going to get a kick out of what we’ve done with him."

I think not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Some comments from nolan on the film and choice of bane:
He’s a primarily physical villain, he’s a classic movie monster in a way — but with a terrific brain. I think he’s a fascinating character. I think people are going to get a kick out of what we’ve done with him."

I think not.

Remember when another director thought he'd 're-invent' Superman with a 'twist'? He didn't regard the source material either. And we know how that turned out, now don't we? cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 am

non_amos wrote:Remember when another director thought he'd 're-invent' Superman with a 'twist'? He didn't regard the source material either. And we know how that turned out, now don't we? cyclops

I do indeed. The scars will never fade.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:28 am

A little piece of advice for some of the "weaker" minds out there, as far as Hardly's "Bane" goes:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:35 am

Chris Nolan wrote:Hopefully, reflecting that journey — by all of us who made the films — in the three film."

Okay, wtf is he trying to say here?

non_amos wrote:Remember when another director thought he'd 're-invent' Superman with a 'twist'? He didn't regard the source material either. And we know how that turned out, now don't we? cyclops
Apologist Puncher wrote:I do indeed. The scars will never fade.
Buddy, you ain't kidding. I'm not as vitriolic as I used to be about that mess but the pain of it never really goes away. Go ahead, make all the awesome Smallville finales you want, all the All-Star Superman comics, all the kickass reboot movies, anything you can think of, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE SINGERMAN. Some wounds just go too deep.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:...

Okay, wtf is he trying to say here?

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 5 129034833955627672

Buddy, you ain't kidding. I'm not as vitriolic as I used to be about that mess but the pain of it never really goes away. Go ahead, make all the awesome Smallville finales you want, all the All-Star Superman comics, all the kickass reboot movies, anything you can think of, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE SINGERMAN. Some wounds just go too deep.

Pretty much right.

It doesn't make me "angry" anymore, but it will always be something that is like a slap in the face. Sure, a slap won't KILL you, but you don't ever really forget a slap to the face.

Do you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Pretty much right.

It doesn't make me "angry" anymore, but it will always be something that is like a slap in the face. Sure, a slap won't KILL you, but you don't ever really forget a slap to the face.

Do you?
Nope. It's one reason why I've never questioned the continued use of your particular handle (beyond brand name familiarity, that is). There was a time when I'd say only half-joking that if I ever met Bryan Singer in person, I'd kick his ass.

I mean, and not to derail the thread even further, look at the chance he squandered. The public was ready for another Superman movie. Superman III and IV had faded from the public mind and most people just remembered Chris Reeve in The Suit with mostly good feelings, L&C was relatively fresh and did more to restore cred to the brand than it gets credit for (don't let revisionism fool you, the ratings were UP in the 3rd season), SV was firing on all cylinders and giving the public a fresh insight into the character and the mythos, and Justice League Unlimited was out there for the kids to enjoy.

As if all that wasn't enough, WB had given blank checks, both financially and creatively to the production to reignite the franchise right when comic book cinema was REALLY gaining traction.

Bottom line? Singer had the wind at his back. I sincerely doubt that ANY filmmaker will EVER have the window of opportunity Singer had... and somehow, against all odds, still managed to waste. You'll probably never find a more perfect storm of factors to release a kickass Superman movie. Even Donner didn't have it that good, and he was on the vanguard of feel-good cinema alongside George Lucas and Steven Speilberg for crying out loud!

Just before Singerman was released, WB execs and misc producers were talking about a BJ Routh/Christian Bale World's Finest movie. About the time Singerman hit DVD, the Nolan franchise was being kept as far the fuck away from the stench of Singerman as you can get while still being inside the same movie studio!

Unbelievable...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:05 am

BTW I just come across a youtube video featuring an audio of Hans Zimmer composing Bane's theme which I assume it's called the "Bane Chant". Y'all probably remember hearing it in the teaser as well as in the leaked videos of the six minute prologue and the official trailer, well now here's the entire theme!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 am

So bane's theme is just Weird chanting wooh.......
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

[quote="Apologist Puncher"]
thecolorsblend wrote:...

I can't help but regard SR as an inadvertent one- because Bryan Singer didn't know anything about X-Men, but he learned enough to fill the movie with Easter Eggs and didn't do anything too egregious. Contrast that with SR, when it was obvious his Superman knowledge began and ended with Superman I and II and he had no interest in learning any more.

Although the sequel idea of Braniac jumping into the kid's body and possessing him, making him grow into an adult and have Superman forced to kill him sounds hilarious.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:I can't help but regard SR as an inadvertent one- because Bryan Singer didn't know anything about X-Men, but he learned enough to fill the movie with Easter Eggs and didn't do anything too egregious. Contrast that with SR, when it was obvious his Superman knowledge began and ended with Superman I and II and he had no interest in learning any more.

Although the sequel idea of Braniac jumping into the kid's body and possessing him, making him grow into an adult and have Superman forced to kill him sounds hilarious.

How can you regard it as "inadvertent" after Singer was so adamant about WHY he did what he did?

"My first chick flick"

"I made this for me"

Sounds to me like it was deliberate.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Bane voice complaint:
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-batman-tom-hardy-bane-275489?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29
Sources close to the movie say Warner Bros. is very aware of the sound issue. One source working on the film says he is “scared to death” about “the Bane problem.” And with good reason. The last Batman film, 2008’s The Dark Knight, grossed more than $1 billion worldwide, and the studio doesn’t want anything to tamper with Rise’s chances for success.

Sources also say some at Warners would like Nolan to change the sound mix, but the filmmaker, whose autonomy is well-earned (his Inception earned the studio more than $800 million and two Oscar nominations), has informed executives that he plans only to alter the sound slightly, not to rework it completely.

“Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Allegedly some WB exec jackoff wrote:“Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”
Oh, fuck him! Nolan doesn't dumb things down? Excuse me but how many fucking times did the BB script use some variation on the word "fear"? How over-written was 90% of the dialogue? How didactic and repetitive were the flashbacks? And NOW he thinks he's some genius subtle fucking filmmaker/auteur? No, he's not challenging the audience, he simply prefers a muffled Bane voice (for whatever reason). It's waaaaaaaay too late to make this claim.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next