Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 6 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 pm

darwin76 wrote:I'm new here and I know I've finally found a home of like-minded Superman fans. Why? Because, Brandon Routh was a skinny, boyish, nasally-voiced attempt at a Superman impersonation. He was bland and had zero presense. We're talking about a god walking among men here! Over at Aintitcoolnews it's a freaking love-fest for him. Why?! He is NOT a SuperMAN! And Singer's movie was a crap-fest and an insult to the greatest superhero on the planet.

So I've read the this entire forum (Casting) and I like that from what I can tell, most you agree. I've been searching the internet for a long time, looking for that perfect man to play the Man of Steel...nothing yet, but I'll tell you what: Joe Manganiello sure comes close! Look, build, presence. I like him out of all I've heard of so far. I sure hope Snyder continues his impeccable casting decisions and makes one for this reboot!
In the first place, welcome aboard.

In the second place, I could absolutely get behind either Manganiello or Jared Paledecki. I don't think Armie Hammer should be ruled out either. Hammer's a friggin giant, he's got chops as a performer (unlike "2006's biggest star!!!") and, sooner or later, he's going to be in a comic book movie so it may as well be Superman, if you ask me.

Third, you're not going to find much love and admiration for Bryan Singer or Brandon Routh around here so you've definitely come to the right forum.

Hope you stick around, man.

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 6 Empty matthew goode rumor

Post  darwin76 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:31 pm

The first of probably many rumors as to who the new Superman may be...but this guy. No thank you. Next.

http://i.blogs.indiewire.com/images/blogs/thelostboy/archives/pic03.jpg

darwin76
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 6 Empty thanks for the welcome

Post  darwin76 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 pm

And c0l0rs, you are spot on, man. Jared Paledecki, Joe Manganiello, and Armie Hammer are my top 3 right now. All have stature, command presence, acting chops, and a far better look than Routh. However, they (especially Hammer) need to pack on some serious muscle in my opinion.

darwin76
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 pm

yea i wouldnt mind if its hammer, jared, and joe m. Either of the 3 would be ok in my book. Hammer and jared i agree would need to probably pack on a good 20 pounds of muscle to be in even better shape. But joe i think he is in great shape right now. But its hard to see where casting will go untill we have official word from x or y actor saying they tested. So then we can get a better feel in the possible direction they are going to go with. also welcome to the board darwin. As for goode thing, we have a thread on the topic, i doubt he would be picked.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:01 pm

darwin76 wrote:And c0l0rs, you are spot on, man. Jared Paledecki, Joe Manganiello, and Armie Hammer are my top 3 right now. All have stature, command presence, acting chops, and a far better look than Routh. However, they (especially Hammer) need to pack on some serious muscle in my opinion.
I wouldn't think bulking up would be too challenging for any of them. And maybe it's just a sign of the times but I could at least overlook some lack of bulk if they still cut it as performers. I've not seen too much of Manganiello (who's no slouch, physically speaking) but I'd have confidence in Paladecki and Hammer as actors who can build a character into something believeable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 pm

darwin76 wrote:I'm new here and I know I've finally found a home of like-minded Superman fans. Why? Because, Brandon Routh was a skinny, boyish, nasally-voiced attempt at a Superman impersonation. He was bland and had zero presense. We're talking about a god walking among men here! Over at Aintitcoolnews it's a freaking love-fest for him. Why?! He is NOT a SuperMAN! And Singer's movie was a crap-fest and an insult to the greatest superhero on the planet.

So I've read the this entire forum (Casting) and I like that from what I can tell, most you agree. I've been searching the internet for a long time, looking for that perfect man to play the Man of Steel...nothing yet, but I'll tell you what: Joe Manganiello sure comes close! Look, build, presence. I like him out of all I've heard of so far. I sure hope Snyder continues his impeccable casting decisions and makes one for this reboot!

Welcome to our little slice of the internets.

Ain't It Cool News has it's share of Apologist retards for sure. Looks like someone is going over there, giving them a little slap of REALITY. Good on them.

Jared Padelecki would be just about right for a "Young Superman" story. He still looks "youthful", but can also put across the maturity and command the respect needed. Armie Hammer would be fine with me too, along with Joe M. I'm not stuck on any one person just yet.

BJ Routh is done, and things can only get BETTER.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm

What about the guy from chuck who plays devin, ryan mcpartlin. I know he tried to test for captain ameica. I believe he tried out for superman role in some of the past 2000s tries. He is early/mid 30s tall, deep voice, and is in good shape. Wouldn't mind if he tried for superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 pm

webhead2006 wrote:What about the guy from chuck who plays devin, ryan mcpartlin. I know he tried to test for captain ameica. I believe he tried out for superman role in some of the past 2000s tries. He is early/mid 30s tall, deep voice, and is in good shape. Wouldn't mind if he tried for superman.

Post a picture, then we'll talk.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Here is a photo from 2008 of ryan, he does have blonde/dirty blonde hair. Which could easily be dyed brown/black for the role.
Superman Casting - Page 6 44095302
Here is some 2010 photos:
Superman Casting - Page 6 Ryan-mcpartlin
Superman Casting - Page 6 Ryan-mcpartlin-and-danielle-kirlin-wolfman-0cSQe8
Superman Casting - Page 6 101905348
sorry these last three are a little big
Superman Casting - Page 6 Ryan-mcpartlin-da-man-magazine-03
Superman Casting - Page 6 Ryan-mcpartlin-da-man-magazine-02
Superman Casting - Page 6 Ryan-mcpartlin-da-man-magazine-08
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 am

To me he looks a little too much like Jensen Ackles. And I like Ackles, but have never thought he looked like Superman.

Superman Casting - Page 6 Jensen%20Ackles-ALO-021352
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 am

ha i never really noticed they do look simular. But i think ryan would be an ok canidate. Still wouldnt mind if he tried out again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 am

HAHA look at this silly rumor i was just reading:
http://surfme.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/zac-turned-down-the-chance-to-play-superman-cause-of-leonardo/
Zac turned down the chance to play Superman, cause of Leonardo- ZAC Efron apparently turned down the chance to play Superman after getting advice from his Hollywood pal Leonardo DiCaprio. The High School Musical star was in line for a new movie version of the Man of Steel until the Titanic actor stepped in.

“Zac feels he’s very much following in the footsteps of Leo and respects his opinion,” a source said. “He didn’t turn Superman down because of him but Leo was unsure whether it would be the best move for him.

“It’s a massive franchise. Zac is now chasing more dramatic roles in independent movies.”

Efron recently revealed he became buddies with his acting idol DiCaprio after he scored with him at a basketball game.

“I met him at a Laker game,” he said. “I’d sat down in seats and I looked down and there was a dude in a baseball hat and I went, ‘Holy s***, that’s Leo!’ I was like, ‘Man, I’m not gonna interrupt you during the game, I know you wanna watch the Lakers. But if there’s any chance that I could just talk to you for a minute, whether we get coffee, anything dude.’

“And he was like, ‘Dude, what are you doing tomorrow? Come over tomorrow — let’s hang out.’

“That’s a little taste of how cool he is. He’s just very down to earth. He’s just an awesome dude. He’s been nice enough to hang out with me a few times.”

The star has previously revealed how the Inception hunk warned him on the dangers of substance abuse.

“It was kind of his way-out-the-door, last-minute advice. He said, ‘Oh, by the way, if you really want to mess this all up, try heroin’,” he said.

“I said, ‘Thanks’, and he said, ‘No, seriously, that’s pretty much the only way you’re going to screw this up, and you shouldn’t go down that road — it will mess you up without fail. Do not do drugs.’

“That was enough for me; that’s all I needed to hear.”
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 am

webhead2006 wrote:HAHA look at this silly rumor i was just reading:
http://surfme.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/zac-turned-down-the-chance-to-play-superman-cause-of-leonardo/
Zac turned down the chance to play Superman, cause of Leonardo- ZAC Efron apparently turned down the chance to play Superman after getting advice from his Hollywood pal Leonardo DiCaprio. The High School Musical star was in line for a new movie version of the Man of Steel until the Titanic actor stepped in.

“Zac feels he’s very much following in the footsteps of Leo and respects his opinion,” a source said. “He didn’t turn Superman down because of him but Leo was unsure whether it would be the best move for him.

“It’s a massive franchise. Zac is now chasing more dramatic roles in independent movies.”

Efron recently revealed he became buddies with his acting idol DiCaprio after he scored with him at a basketball game.

“I met him at a Laker game,” he said. “I’d sat down in seats and I looked down and there was a dude in a baseball hat and I went, ‘Holy s***, that’s Leo!’ I was like, ‘Man, I’m not gonna interrupt you during the game, I know you wanna watch the Lakers. But if there’s any chance that I could just talk to you for a minute, whether we get coffee, anything dude.’

“And he was like, ‘Dude, what are you doing tomorrow? Come over tomorrow — let’s hang out.’

“That’s a little taste of how cool he is. He’s just very down to earth. He’s just an awesome dude. He’s been nice enough to hang out with me a few times.”

The star has previously revealed how the Inception hunk warned him on the dangers of substance abuse.

“It was kind of his way-out-the-door, last-minute advice. He said, ‘Oh, by the way, if you really want to mess this all up, try heroin’,” he said.

“I said, ‘Thanks’, and he said, ‘No, seriously, that’s pretty much the only way you’re going to screw this up, and you shouldn’t go down that road — it will mess you up without fail. Do not do drugs.’

“That was enough for me; that’s all I needed to hear.”

It's funny that they quote the usual "unnamed source" one minute, then the actual person from a DIFFERENT INTERVIEW the next. That way they can fool the morons out there into thinking there is an actual story here.

Pathetic.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:42 am

aha totally
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Well I was flipping through some sites look like another name is rumored for superman. The geek files/colverty(spelling)uk site, states that a former model turned actor named anderson davis might be up for the role. Sorry I don't have the link off hand on my cell right this moment.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:27 pm

You mean this little turd-nugget of a "story"?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/mrdcuniverse/news/?a=25733

Superman Casting - Page 6 165J0478lil
EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Superman Contender Anderson Davis!

MrDCUniverse has a CBM exclusive with this interview with the man who's in the news (today) as a potential Superman in Zack Snyder and Chris Nolan's The Man of Steel.
Before I start I would like to say about Davis. He is a genuinely top bloke who definitely knows what he is talking about. Yes, he is a model but has been studying acting for two and a half years now and doesn't want to rush straight into it without proper training and honing his skills. He seems passionate about acting and the role of Superman. He certainly knows a lot about the character and where the character of Superman should be in 2012 and in the modern day age. He doesn't or hasn't campaigned for the role like some actors (Joe Manganiello) and didn't realise he was closely linked until now. And for a bit of trivia, he has already been doing some Superman work doing the voice over work on the DVD "All Star Superman" which he recorded in October 2010.

MrDCU: Are you looking at applying or going for the role of Superman in The Man of Steel?
Anderson:From my understanding this will be a large casting. I'm sure they will strip LA and NY clean until they have found their guy. I have a team of people keeping their eyes and ears open regarding castings start-up.

If so what do you think you can bring to the character that other actors wouldn't? Would you look to Christopher Reeve's portrayal for inspiration or go in a completely different direction?
Though I love Reeve's portrayal I would try to take it down another path, Superman is such an iconic character who has a foundation of based beliefs, keeping that foundation but not being afraid to explore the possibilities of the character would be a lot of fun. Superman was also a human, therefore he was flawed. I think to see him as a perfect being all the time just makes the character lack reality. He needs true human emotion, be a person we can relate to and that same to look up to as our hero.

How do you think Superman can be relevant to todays audience, a major stumbling block with films nowadays being based heavily on reality? In other words, how do you make a man flying in blue tights with red underpants over them appealing?
I think there are so many factors involved here obviously. But a very interesting question being that both films and Tv are suppling a large dose of reality and people love it, for whatever reason is beyond me. Simply put, you have to make a good movie with a good story, I don't think people will ever lose that desire all humans have to look up to something or worship something greater than and outside of ourselves. Superheroes strike a match on the imagination and allow us to live outside the mundane confines of our own lives through them. So I think there will always be room for a Superman there.

What would it mean to you to work with a Director like Zack Snyder?
Im a big fan of Zach' work , he a very talented guy, and really knows how to visually hit you upside the head. It would be an amazing exp. to work with him.

Who would be your preferred villain for Superman?
I would definitely have to go with doomsday and think it would draw the audience, and be a smart choice for the WB as a starting point.

The android Brainiac is reported to be making his first appearance on the big screen facing Superman along with Lex Luthor?
I'm not sure what villains making a stand this time vs. superman, but I don't think it's a long shot saying most are sick of Lex Luthor!

Well I'd like to thank Anderson for taking the time out of his schedule to answer these questions and answering questions that fans across the globe reading articles about him are thinking. I don't think they would be disappointed with his answer. He seems to know his history and exactly what should be put on screen in 2012. I wish him all the best if he gets to try out (which is likely). I certainly like his answers and has definitely made him one of my favourites to get the role. He definitely has the look I am looking for in Superman.

Take a look at the original paragraph again, then read the rest of this "interview". It's either the idiot HIMSELF, or his "agent" posting this bullshit because they know they CAN on that site.

How is he a "contender" if he has NEVER auditioned or even SPOKEN to Zack Snyder?

Superman Casting - Page 6 Tumblrlb8jpggypw1qcumfs
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 pm

I saw a different article over at the geek files. I only brought it up here since it was another possible name to talk about. I know nothing on the dude himself. So I don't have any judgement to say for or against the guy.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:45 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I saw a different article over at the geek files. I only brought it up here since it was another possible name to talk about. I know nothing on the dude himself. So I don't have any judgement to say for or against the guy.

Where do you think THEY got their "story" from?

And I say NO.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok sorry thought the story came from geek files and cbm took it. But yea I wouldn't want him either. But heck we are going to hear many names trying, linked, hope for role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Since I didn't get the chance to address who I would choose to play Supes by the time this thread started I figured now will be a good time to give my two cents on who I would choose and here they are...

Jim Caviezel

Superman Casting - Page 6 Jim_caviezel

Henry Cavil

Superman Casting - Page 6 Henry_Cavill_article

Joe Manganiello

Superman Casting - Page 6 Joe-manganiello

Matthew Boomer

Superman Casting - Page 6 1216732915

If anyone of these men gets the role then I'm cool with it!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

There is a Poll where you can voice who you would like to see play him.

But Caviezel is too old.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Yea jim is good actor but he is pushing 40 I believe so I doubt he would be picked. Cavill is proper age now and I wouldn't mind him since he was passed up in 2000s attempts. I really can't wait to see how casting will go. But I am not to worried just looking at folks nolan/snyder has cast in there films they have done good casting calls. So I am sure they will find the best suited cast this time for supes. I do like boomer good actor nice looks. But he is to short and small frame for the role. No offensce to him. He would be a grwat pick. But is lacking in certain things. Then the whole deal with his sexuality is probably another issue.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Well, I was "perusing" SingerHomoHype, and it looks like they decided to "out" Henry Cavill. I knew he wasn't going to be Superman, and this confirms it if true:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=339773&page=296

C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Global Moderator: I guess I will have to openly say it here since so many people don't understand the subtle hints that have been given by so many (and I thank them for being descreit and trying to keep the insanity out of here by these actions) and in thier not understanding want to fight about it.

The reason that most people do not think that Cavill will be given the role is because he is gay.

I again thank the posters who have tried to keep the surely stupid reactions to this info from knocking this forum totally into the gutter....but tap dancing around it is only bringing out personal attacks against people because they won't say why they believe he won't be picked.

So this is open to dicussion...but the first one who makes homophobic remarks will sorely regret it. I went through this stupidity back when SR was being made (and I banned many many people)...so watch your comments.

Honestly, I believe it. After the stink Singer and BJ caused, and WB seeing reactions like OURS, don't expect a homosexual male to play Superman anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with being gay, but it's just not appropriate for a character like Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 6 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Puh-leazzzeee, Mr. C. Lee, Can I be BANNED from SingerHomoHype?! Puh-leazzzeee?! For making 'homophobic comments' about your site as well as Eunuch's site, duh HOMOPAGE?!

Singerman, giving head & packing fudge. Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm

wait is cavill gay? if so didnt know that. unless someone over there was getting cavill and boomer mixed up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next