Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 5 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 am

Totally I see more like armie hammer to someone like wilson/hamm being the type of actor they would want in the role. Totally don't see tatum scoring. But like how he tested for cap. I am sure every young buck actor will test or try to test. And him/his agent will probably score him a test. But I agree don't see him going far in casting process.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 5 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:21 am

Ap, don't forget that some of the SAME people from duh Homopage were also going over to 'Emi's blog' at about the same time as those incidents you mentioned. Funny, though, how HER blog was 'abandoned' & got out of hand & had to be rescued by 'Steve' the Archangel, only to be dumped again. But yeah, those SAME people were visiting 'her' blog & stirring the pot. Just thought I'd mention that.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

non_amos wrote:Ap, don't forget that some of the SAME people from duh Homopage were also going over to 'Emi's blog' at about the same time as those incidents you mentioned. Funny, though, how HER blog was 'abandoned' & got out of hand & had to be rescued by 'Steve' the Archangel, only to be dumped again. But yeah, those SAME people were visiting 'her' blog & stirring the pot. Just thought I'd mention that.

Believe me, I remember EVERYTHING. But I wanted to give the poster "questioning" the good Father's statements a little hint at what had gone on before.

I used to love smacking-down the Apologists at ALL of the sites. Whether it was SSS, Emily's site, or the various lame-duck "SaveSuperman" sites. The weak-kneed "Realists" were almost as annoying. Whining about those "bad words" in one breath, then whining about the "Apologists" in the next. I made them run, they made them feel in "control".

Gee, do I feel bad about it now?

Nah.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:41 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Mmm, yeah, pretty much. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he got an audition or whatever as a perfunctory thing to keep someone or other happy but, whatever my reservations about the reboot, I honestly can't picture Nolan, Snyder or Goyer running with some chest-shaving douchebag metrosexual with delusions of fratboy as Superman.

Superman Casting - Page 5 Channing-tatum
Yep, oh yeah, I see that and I think "damn, that's Superman". Or maybe it's "damn, I want to hit that guy in the face with a brick, and I don't even know him". One of the two...

I doubt very much that this guy gets considered for even a nano-second. WB is going to try to make as much change as they can, and this guy is NO money-maker.

Pass.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:36 am

For me I can't wait to we have our new superman and that bit of casting will be done. Will be nice to get past casting and get to production stage. But we will probably see crazy casting rumors like it was with cap casting. Which I do hope casting for supes doesn't get to drawn out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thec0l0rsblend wrote:Mmm, yeah, pretty much. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he got an audition or whatever as a perfunctory thing to keep someone or other happy but, whatever my reservations about the reboot, I honestly can't picture Nolan, Snyder or Goyer running with some chest-shaving douchebag metrosexual with delusions of fratboy as Superman.

Superman Casting - Page 5 Channing-tatum
Yep, oh yeah, I see that and I think "damn, that's Superman". Or maybe it's "damn, I want to hit that guy in the face with a brick, and I don't even know him". One of the two...

I doubt very much that this guy gets considered for even a nano-second. WB is going to try to make as much change as they can, and this guy is NO money-maker.

Pass.
Well, to be fair, would he really be any worse than Routh?

I'll take "let's not find out" for $5,000.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Well, to be fair, would he really be any worse than Routh?

THIS guy wouldn't be any worse than ol' BJ:

Superman Casting - Page 5 Retard

thec0l0rsblend wrote:I'll take "let's not find out" for $5,000.

And we won't have to either....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 5 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Now for ANOTHER 'Steve' update..........ONE-----MORE-----TIME!!!!!:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1378/board?viewpost=4115559

And to quote:

"Just thought I'd give an update...

Cena and Johnson were being considered for a villain role but both are already committed to other projects during the time when Snyder wants to begin production on Superman. So they're officially out.

It is VERY possible we'll know the actor who will don the suit by the end of Nov. On a sad note for SR fans, I've been told Routh was officially ruled out this past Friday."

Well, my stars, 'Steve'! You didn't exactly have to be psychic to figure THAT one out! cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm

"SR fans"? Since when he did start using that term? What happened to "Singerman"? What happened to "Apologists"? While we're on the subject, when the hell did Routh getting shown the door become a "sad note"?

Gee, could CD's overall more Apologist-friendly atmosphere POSSIBLY have anything to do with it? How can he attract followers for his bullshit if he alienates them? Silly me, I must've forgotten!

And BJ was officially ruled out this past Friday? If there's any justice in the universe, Routh would've been given his walking papers back in 2006!

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Yea of course routh wont be back. From what little snyder has said about the film its clear routh isn't likely and option and we will see a different film. As for casting though it would be great if clark/supes was found before the end of the yr. I, ade the comment before it would be great if it was done for clark asap so it give atleast what is likely 6-7 months before filming will start. So said actor could bulk up more, train for fights and wire work. Plus be is proper shape when costume fittings to be done. So costume is made to fit the actor and not the other way around. Then other casting I wouldn't mind if they are not found to closer to shooting starting up. Like how spiderman reboot is going. It starts up in a few weeks and they are still getting various supporting and probably minor characters cast.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 pm

non_amos wrote:Now for ANOTHER 'Steve' update..........ONE-----MORE-----TIME!!!!!:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1378/board?viewpost=4115559

And to quote:

"Just thought I'd give an update...

Cena and Johnson were being considered for a villain role but both are already committed to other projects during the time when Snyder wants to begin production on Superman. So they're officially out.

It is VERY possible we'll know the actor who will don the suit by the end of Nov. On a sad note for SR fans, I've been told Routh was officially ruled out this past Friday."

Well, my stars, 'Steve'! You didn't exactly have to be psychic to figure THAT one out! cyclops

Let me give another of my Nostradamus-esque predictions: When the actor is cast in January or February, Steve Manning will say "Well, there was a delay in signing, as X was worried about sequels and being able to take other roles...blah, blah, blah".

Count on it.

As for BJ? Really? Is this supposed to be a "scoop"?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:"SR fans"? Since when he did start using that term? What happened to "Singerman"? What happened to "Apologists"? While we're on the subject, when the hell did Routh getting shown the door become a "sad note"?

Gee, could CD's overall more Apologist-friendly atmosphere POSSIBLY have anything to do with it? How can he attract followers for his bullshit if he alienates them? Silly me, I must've forgotten!

And BJ was officially ruled out this past Friday? If there's any justice in the universe, Routh would've been given his walking papers back in 2006!

I'm surprised Steve hasn't tried taking credit for calling them Apologists in the first place. You know, since it was HIS "campaign" to Save Superman that started this all?

Someone join there, and challenge that asshole to come HERE and post his bullshit.

Please.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm surprised Steve hasn't tried taking credit for calling them Apologists in the first place. You know, since it was HIS "campaign" to Save Superman that started this all?

Someone join there, and challenge that asshole to come HERE and post his bullshit.

Please.
He tried taking credit? Pfah! Exactly two people deserve credit for the Realist movement which led to the reboot-

01- The guy from the Singerman Sucks Page
02- Steve Younis (hear me out)

As far as SSS is concerned, he's the guy who saw through the bullshit IMMEDIATELY. He wasted no time in firing up his blog and he pulled no punches in reporting the TRUTH. Sure, he attracted likeminded people (ie, Realists) but I'm convinced he also swayed a lot of undecided folks with his rational, fact-based posts. He's the founder of the Realist feast.

As for Steve Younis, he deserves credit for being the anti-SSS. He COULD have been SSS and fairly evaluated Singerman (ie, incinerated it) but he chose instead to be on Bad Hat Harry's tit, using his WB/DC license to sell Superman and Singerman merchandise and banning anyone who might threaten his bottom line and/or make him look bad in front of his masters. I don't think the Singerman Sucks blog would've had quite the same level of credibility to it had it not been for Pope Younis and High Father Bailey excommunicating us Realist heretics. Younis fomenting all the divisions in the fandom could only have further cemented WB's opinion that they royally fucked up with Singerman.

Anybody else from the fandom side who tries to claim credit for the reboot is only kidding themselves, as far as I'm concerned. And this goes double for Stevearchangelmanning as he only created more problems than he ever solved. He doesn't deserve a speck of credit for ANY of this. Period.

EDIT- Incidentally, I'm not really sure where the Apologist moniker came from. Obviously it's from the Singerman Sucks blog but damned if I know who thought it up. It wasn't me but that's about all I know. I do think it's funny, though, how Terminal (at least at one point) began using the label for Smallville fans over on the Younis page comments. Funny, I got warned for using "Apologists" for Singerman fans. Wonder if Terminal ever gets warned for his usage of it. Hm....

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:23 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:He tried taking credit? Pfah! Exactly two people deserve credit for the Realist movement which led to the reboot-

01- The guy from the Singerman Sucks Page
02- Steve Younis (hear me out)

Right off the bat, I can agree with this. More on this later.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As far as SSS is concerned, he's the guy who saw through the bullshit IMMEDIATELY. He wasted no time in firing up his blog and he pulled no punches in reporting the TRUTH. Sure, he attracted likeminded people (ie, Realists) but I'm convinced he also swayed a lot of undecided folks with his rational, fact-based posts. He's the founder of the Realist feast.

Couldn't agree more.

He started up his Blog in '06, a few WEEKS after Singerman came out! He created a "voice" for those of us smart enough to see Singerman Peeps for the ass-nugget it really was. I started out posting "Anonymously", then decided to create an account so people KNEW who it was.

(And I wonder if anyone can guess where I thought the name up from? Hint: Moe.).

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As for Steve Younis, he deserves credit for being the anti-SSS. He COULD have been SSS and fairly evaluated Singerman (ie, incinerated it) but he chose instead to be on Bad Hat Harry's tit, using his WB/DC license to sell Superman and Singerman merchandise and banning anyone who might threaten his bottom line and/or make him look bad in front of his masters. I don't think the Singerman Sucks blog would've had quite the same level of credibility to it had it not been for Pope Younis and High Father Bailey excommunicating us Realist heretics. Younis fomenting all the divisions in the fandom could only have further cemented WB's opinion that they royally fucked up with Singerman.

Very true. By giving us "credence", he shot his entire side's "hope" in the foot.

The back and forth between Younis and our pages just directed people over to websites lambasting Singerman, and showing the almost FERAL response it drew out of people opened some eyes. I'm pretty sure people from the Bros. Warner would go to his site from time-to-time, and curiosity being a murderer of cats, they went and saw what the "hubbub" was all about. And what did they find? Some foul language, plenty of insults, but people with a BRAIN posting about that crap "film". No badly-spelled hyperbole from the same few people, just well thought-out and clearly stated opinions. All the negatives, all the reason why it failed, all the reasons why there hasn't been a live-action Superman film in 19 years.

And guess which one they paid more attention to?

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Anybody else from the fandom side who tries to claim credit for the reboot is only kidding themselves, as far as I'm concerned. And this goes double for Stevearchangelmanning as he only created more problems than he ever solved. He doesn't deserve a speck of credit for ANY of this. Period.

Honestly, the ONLY thing I will take some credit for, is getting people talking. People just COULDN'T stay away from my posts. Heck, I saw people on other message boards referencing myself, and the SSS Blog, by name in their SIGNATURES.

But in the long run, I don't see it for anything more than contributing to the "Greater Good".

thec0l0rsblend wrote:EDIT- Incidentally, I'm not really sure where the Apologist moniker came from. Obviously it's from the Singerman Sucks blog but damned if I know who thought it up. It wasn't me but that's about all I know. I do think it's funny, though, how Terminal (at least at one point) began using the label for Smallville fans over on the Younis page comments. Funny, I got warned for using "Apologists" for Singerman fans. Wonder if Terminal ever gets warned for his usage of it. Hm....

Honestly, I don't think any one person came up with it. The most vocal Realists are VERY intelligent, and I think it was just one of those things where people knew what the word stood for, and saw the Apologists for what they truly were.

Um, apologists....

*EDIT* Ah, it appears I was the first person to call them Apologists on SSS. August, 26 2006 posting.

Funny.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Great News:
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/exclusive-the-casting-search-for-superman-begins/
EXCLUSIVE: Casting Search For Superman Begins
By NIKKI FINKE AND MIKE FLEMING | Thursday November 18, 2010 @ 3:38pm EST
Comments 195 Email This | Print This |
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros, producer Chris Nolan, and director Zack Snyder have begun to cast a "wide net" to find the next Man of Steel. Insiders tell us the studio is open to creating a star as it reboots the Superman franchise: specifically, that the actor will either be a discovery or on TV but likely someone who isn't well known yet. And he'll be in the age range of 28-to-32. The studio expects to look at hundreds of young actors before making a decision. Agents who are readying candidates note that hiring an established series regular might not even be possible. The film will likely begin production around next June, and that shooting schedule could wreak havoc with fall prime time schedules. The studio has to meet that production start date because some of the rights are in jeopardy in 2013.

The Superman search will likely take time to play out, as did the hunt for the new Spider-Man which went to Andrew Garfield. There will be inevitable buzz on actors like Armie Hammer, the strapping 6'5" actor who played Cameron. And Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network and who was eyed by the studio to play Batman in a Justice League movie that Mad Max helmer George Miller was poised to direct until the film got scrapped. But Hammer is only 24. The studio could go the TV route with True Blood's Joe Manganiello, who claimed during a recent movie junket that he's being considered and is certainly a strapping 34-year old. Or an actor like Ian Somerhalder of The Vampire Diaries, who is turning 32 and listed at 5'9+".

Warner Bros is producing with Legendary Pictures. Nolan and David S. Goyer hatched the story, and Goyer is honing his script with Snyder.Nolan and his partner Emma Thomas are producing with Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, while co-financier Legendary Pictures' Thomas Tull is executive producer.

While the Batman films have been populated by established stars Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and now Christian Bale, Superman has always lent itself to discoveries. Christopher Reeve was a find in the Salkind franchise, as was Brandon Routh in the Bryan Singer-directed Superman Returns. (Before Routh got the job, Matt Bomer was eyed seriously by almost-directors McG and Brett Ratner.) Even on the small screen, the original Superman TV series star George Reeves and Smallville's Tom Welling and Lois & Clark's Dean Cain were discoveries. The lone exception we can recall was the time that Tim Burton tried to put together a Superman film with Nicolas Cage, an effort that failed because the budget became so high. And then Josh Hartnett was courted during the Ratner version (that got scrapped when Singer took over), but Hartnett didn't take the role, even though he stood to potentially make $100 million for three pictures if all had been made. Trust us, the new guy is going to get hired on the cheap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 am

Mmm, but Snyder is DESPERATE to Bring Blandon Back, right?

Can't friggin WAIT to see the spin-doctoring on this one. Hey, Welling's obviously out. Whatever, I'll deal. But I'd like to see what tone the Apologists adopt now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Mmm, but Snyder is DESPERATE to Bring Blandon Back, right?

Can't friggin WAIT to see the spin-doctoring on this one. Hey, Welling's obviously out. Whatever, I'll deal. But I'd like to see what tone the Apologists adopt now.

I'm sure it will start with denial. You know, that WB will in the 11th hour decide to bring BJ back, in a sign that their undying "devotion" was not in vain.

Then, it will be bitter reality that slaps them in the face. They will "rail" against the Brothers Warner, Snyder, even Nolan himself. And there will be plenty of statements of "eyez non gunna c dis moofie", too.

Finally, they will try to "belittle" the actor chosen, the costume, the movie itself, and make absolute asses out of themselves. Well, even BIGGER asses out of themselves.

Then they will disappear forever, never to show their fat, ugly faces again.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Then, it will be bitter reality that slaps them in the face. They will "rail" against the Brothers Warner, Snyder, even Nolan himself. And there will be plenty of statements of "eyez non gunna c dis moofie", too.
Hey, joke about it all you like but I've actually seen some of the more ardent Apologists take that very line. How serious are they? I don't know. But I will say that if someone doesn't see a Superman reboot during the theatrical run (barring life BS coming up), they're not fans. At all. At least, not fans of Superman.

If you won't see a Superman movie because of the headlining actor... you're not a fan. That's all there is to it.

Finally, they will try to "belittle" the actor chosen, the costume, the movie itself, and make absolute asses out of themselves. Well, even BIGGER asses out of themselves.
Probably so. And I'll be interested to see how Bailey and Younis handle that. They created that Frankenstein, after all. So what happens when their members start biting the hand that feeds Younis? If he's as zealous with his condemnations and bans, his site membership may very well dry up, pushing his page even further into irrelevance. If he isn't, WB may get pissed off that the site members won't toe the party line and take their frustrations out on Younis.

Either way, he loses.

Fuck him, he made his bed and now he can sleep in it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:53 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Hey, joke about it all you like but I've actually seen some of the more ardent Apologists take that very line. How serious are they? I don't know. But I will say that if someone doesn't see a Superman reboot during the theatrical run (barring life BS coming up), they're not fans. At all. At least, not fans of Superman.

Do I know Apologists, or do I know Apologists??

These ass-clowns will be seeing the reboot. I guarantee it.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:If you won't see a Superman movie because of the headlining actor... you're not a fan. That's all there is to it.

Who ever accused the Apologists of being "Superman fans"?

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Probably so. And I'll be interested to see how Bailey and Younis handle that. They created that Frankenstein, after all. So what happens when their members start biting the hand that feeds Younis? If he's as zealous with his condemnations and bans, his site membership may very well dry up, pushing his page even further into irrelevance. If he isn't, WB may get pissed off that the site members won't toe the party line and take their frustrations out on Younis.

Either way, he loses.

Fuck him, he made his bed and now he can sleep in it.

Prepare for Eunuch and Fagley to start banning Apologists over there.

WB will mandate once again that they "pimp" the newest actor and cast, or face getting his merchandising contract pulled. So he will start to "kill" his own CREATIONS in order to keep that cash-flow.

But hey, BlueNuts is still around for them, right......??

Superman Casting - Page 5 Joker_magnet_laughing_2
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 pm

I do hope they pick there superman asap so we don't have to be in a long drawn out thing. The sooner the better in my opinion. Really can't wait to see what type of cast nolan/snyder get on board.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah, you can see it coming. The sheep they groomed to think Ruth was the greatest thing since lace up boots will still struggle to comprehend that the Homopage is only concerned with making a buck out by backing whatever they can.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yeah, you can see it coming. The sheep they groomed to think Ruth was the greatest thing since lace up boots will still struggle to comprehend that the Homopage is only concerned with making a buck out by backing whatever they can.

And when it starts to happen, they will pretend like THEY "figured it out" FIRST.

Never mind the fact that we have been saying it for 4 years now.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 am

So I decided to un-ban myself from the Younis page to check out some of the comments about recent news... which I've since come to understand is basically like watching a zombie what with everyone ripping each other apart.

True, my previous accounts have been suspended but an IP-based prohibition on viewing a given web page only takes you so far.

My favorite?

Some Apologist Douchenozzle wrote:#43 | Wormie on November 19, 2010 1:58pm EST
Bring back Routh!!!! [Singerman] grossed $400m and got great reviews - it was not a flop.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8883#comments

Heh. It's almost like this guy (?) tried to nail as many Apologist talking points into a single comment as possible.

But in general? The tide is turning on that page. See for yourself. Welling's advocates are loud and proud over there. I always thought the Younis page was an Apologist haven and, back in 2007, it largely was. But now? I guess Fuhrer Younis and Herr Bailey have decided to make the joint less of a police state, knowing that they'll have to abandon their Apologist exclusivity before too long. So it's best to take a more moderate line now so that their membership numbers (and corresonding gravy train) won't be hit quite so hard when they're forced to leave the Apologists out in the cold.

But seriously, check out that link. Unbelievable! "Routh should be given another chance! Fuck Tom Welling, nobody watches Smallville! The Smallville-verse can't show anybody anything new!" Etc.

If nobody watches Smallville... a Smallville-based movie would, by definition, be "new" to most people, right?

If nobody watches Smallville... Welling's association with the role shouldn't matter, right?

As a corollary, if a lot of people do watch Smallville... surely it's better to bring a Superman they recognize to the screen, right?

The reboot will probably have neither BJ The Bartender nor Welling... but the one thing nobody has yet been able to do is argue a case for ignoring Welling and bringing back BJ in an intellectually honest way.

If it's simple preference of Routhboy over Tom Welling... well, even that's really fucked up but there's no accounting for taste, right? But if it's strictly about objective facts... hey, hire Welling or don't hire Welling but for crying out loud KEEP BLANDON THE HELL OUT!

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Yea I was just checking out comments on the goode rumor there some crazy comments from folks.same with comments when casting news broke too. But I seriously doubt it would be true. Even more when we just read they just started casting and doing a big search. What would be the point if supes were to just be cgi or cgi enhance. This is why I rather go with someone like joe manganiello. Decent enough actor and already has the right body for superman and be in costume. But I am not freting really. I don't believe the cgi rumor much. Plus movienewz site didn't seem to be an all reliable site. Pplus really if this was true some of the more reliable places like deadline or slashfilm or what not would confirm it or what not. But hey this is always a fun peroid in film process to see all the crazy stuff to we get to the real stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 5 Empty Just found this FANTASTIC website and forum!

Post  darwin76 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm new here and I know I've finally found a home of like-minded Superman fans. Why? Because, Brandon Routh was a skinny, boyish, nasally-voiced attempt at a Superman impersonation. He was bland and had zero presense. We're talking about a god walking among men here! Over at Aintitcoolnews it's a freaking love-fest for him. Why?! He is NOT a SuperMAN! And Singer's movie was a crap-fest and an insult to the greatest superhero on the planet.

So I've read the this entire forum (Casting) and I like that from what I can tell, most you agree. I've been searching the internet for a long time, looking for that perfect man to play the Man of Steel...nothing yet, but I'll tell you what: Joe Manganiello sure comes close! Look, build, presence. I like him out of all I've heard of so far. I sure hope Snyder continues his impeccable casting decisions and makes one for this reboot!

darwin76
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next