Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 9 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 pm

But seriously, what was the point of having this information & photos posted at Comicbookmovie.com & Supermanhomepage.com in the first place if all this is just forgery?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:But seriously, what was the point of having this information & photos posted at Comicbookmovie.com & Supermanhomepage.com in the first place if all this is just forgery?

Because they are assholes who know they will drive up "hits" on their sites if they do this.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 9 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:But seriously, what was the point of having this information & photos posted at Comicbookmovie.com & Supermanhomepage.com in the first place if all this is just forgery?

Summed up in one word:

EUNUCH! Very Happy

EDIT TO ADD: I don't exactly remember WHAT it was now but wasn't there SOMETHING that Euncuh posted since Singerman came out that proved to be completely IRRESPONSIBLE reporting?! I don't exactly remember WHAT it was now. Anyone remember? I'm SURE there was something that I believe he did on PURPOSE!

Last edited by non_amos on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info.)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Younis is trying to have the best of both worlds. It's his move. It's what he always does. When he doesn't know wtf he's talking about (which is most of the time), he'll post the latest bullshit someone's sent to him, ambiguously say "I certainly have my opinions about THIS" (all while not stating exactly what he thinks so that he can have a plausible deniability later in the unlikely event the "scoop" proves to be true) all so that zillions of facebook postings and web forum messages point back to him so that he shill more Superman shwag. Fuzzy robes, DVD's, watches, bullshit like that.

We've all seen it about a zillion times. He did something similar years ago when he posted a craigslist ad that was calling for extras for Stalkerman 2- Man of Surveillance. Obviously that ended up being bullshit... but nobody called Younis on it because he's banned all Realists from his page, leaving only douchebag Apologist shitheads to lick his boots. But as far as craigslistgate goes, there are only two possible outcomes:

01- Younis KNEW he was posting bullshit but did it anyway because of the aforementioned shwag-selling opportunities... which makes him an opportunistic, greedy bastard.
02- He sincerely didn't know that he was being played like a violin when he posted it... which makes him a complete fucking retard.

Obviously neither outcome reflects well on him.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Isn't it a little funny that someone who was fooled by this bullshit is asking why Eunuch would post it in the first place?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Obviously neither outcome reflects well on him.

Let's not forget how he officially announced Singerman 2 being greenlit by dropping the doco guy, Burnett (?) into the shit by quoting some off hand remark on his blog.

I don't understand how Time/Warner don't revoke his "official" status.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 am

Father Finian wrote:Let's not forget how he officially announced Singerman 2 being greenlit by dropping the doco guy, Burnett (?) into the shit by quoting some off hand remark on his blog.

I don't understand how Time/Warner don't revoke his "official" status.
Who's out there to replace him? Plus, push comes to shove, Younis is a known (if idiotic) quantity. Not just among WB/DC but among the fans. Astro-turfing a new "#1 fansite" specifically to displace Younis might be a lost cause.

Still, that stunt should've resulted in some kind of reprisal from WB. Fansites like his are viewed as borderline official by some fans. Loose cannons like Younis run the risk of damaging the brand in their zeal to promote it.

As ever, don't make promises you can't keep, esp in show bidness...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Isn't it a little funny that someone who was fooled by this bullshit is asking why Eunuch would post it in the first place?

Well I did thought those were just audition photos although I still wonder how exactly did they get an actor to do this? And the suit was obviously just a test suit aleast I'd assumed it was and yet members over a Supermanhomepage.com had complained/bitched about it! As thecolorsblend pointed out, even that suit was way better than the supersuit that was used in SR dispite it's cheapness!

Also, if there's one thing that I learned from all this is that Apologists just never know when to quit let alone except reailty for it's worth in this case! No

Am I at the ballpark yet?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Still, that stunt should've resulted in some kind of reprisal from WB. Fansites like his are viewed as borderline official by some fans. Loose cannons like Younis run the risk of damaging the brand in their zeal to promote it.

...and to make a buck.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well I did thought those were just audition photos although I still wonder how exactly did they get an actor to do this? And the suit was obviously just a test suit aleast I'd assumed it was and yet members over a Supermanhomepage.com had complained/bitched about it! As thecolorsblend pointed out, even that suit was way better than the supersuit that was used in SR dispite it's cheapness!

I would guess that it was 99% the actors idea in the first place. He wanted his name out there, and attached SPECIFICALLY to Snyder.

He just blew ANY chance he had by pulling this little "stunt".

Also, if there's one thing that I learned from all this is that Apologists just never know when to quit let alone except reailty for it's worth in this case! No

Am I at the ballpark yet?

Reality and Apologist mix like oil and water.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm

I do hope we get an offical shortlist soon. So we can see finally what type of actor/look they could be going for.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Like I said, I'm thinking Feb/March.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 pm

From duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9108#comments

It seems that Jon Hamm will NOT play Superman in the reboot, having apparently communicated fairly well with Zack Snyder when working together on 'Sucker Punch' & it seems that Hamm wasn't really even considered for the role. Thank you Internet, huh?! Hopefully though we'll SOON have some kind of announcement?

Last edited by non_amos on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double words)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm

non_amos wrote:From duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9108#comments

It seems that Jon Hamm will NOT play Superman in the reboot, having apparently communicated fairly well with Zack Snyder when working together on 'Sucker Punch' & it seems that Hamm wasn't really even considered for the role. Thank you Internet, huh?! Hopefully though we'll SOON have some kind of announcement?

Yep, what a SHOCK this is! I mean, the guys repeated denials and indifference to the role weren't clear enough I guess....

I'll stick to my Feb/March "prediction".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm

As for predictions? Donde' esta 'Steve'? Smile

I think it was a clip I saw from duh Homopage a while back where Hamm was on Conan O'Brian's new program where he (Hamm) really cracked me up talking about HIS version of Superman. 'Mall-walking' was one of the things I remember. But AP, with this Feb/March stuff, do YOU have inside info?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Personally wouldn't mind hamm if they were looking at older superman. He is a solid actor in my book. Heck wouldn't mind him doing another role in superman either. My guess with ap saying feb/march is since if the rumor of aug start date is true. They would at least need a good 3-4 month prep time for actor for stuff like bulking up, costume fittings, other training stuff. The sooner the better I would think.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoPeppino Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Personally wouldn't mind hamm if they were looking at older superman. He is a solid actor in my book. Heck wouldn't mind him doing another role in superman either. My guess with ap saying feb/march is since if the rumor of aug start date is true. They would at least need a good 3-4 month prep time for actor for stuff like bulking up, costume fittings, other training stuff. The sooner the better I would think.

Right, if they were doing some stand alone period piece he would be ideal.

If I had a vote it would go to Daniel Cudmore. Check him out on youtube interviews.
GenoPeppino
GenoPeppino
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Daniel isn't that bad either. Good looks now compared to xmen days as for acting only seen him in the xmen films where it didn't there his range much there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm

non_amos wrote:As for predictions? Donde' esta 'Steve'? Smile

Hell, hopefully...

I think it was a clip I saw from duh Homopage a while back where Hamm was on Conan O'Brian's new program where he (Hamm) really cracked me up talking about HIS version of Superman. 'Mall-walking' was one of the things I remember.

I'll have to look for that on YouTube or something.

But AP, with this Feb/March stuff, do YOU have inside info?

I wish that was the case, but alas, no. Just my opinion.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, it looks like Joe Manganiello has a pretty DECENT chance:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/joe-manganiello-on-superman-rumours-15022958.html?r=RSS

I first discovered this at duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9155#comments

You see, THIS way you can also read the 'BRING BACK ROUTH' comments as well! But you can also watch the video. I'm also wondering, what's starting to happen to this site? It seems like comments are dragging to a crawl. What's up?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Ya it does seem he is a real contender these days after the hero complex thing. And some of the other articles last few days too. Though non that first link is a bit older news on joe.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:06 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm also wondering, what's starting to happen to this site? It seems like comments are dragging to a crawl. What's up?

People just aren't posting. I try to dig-up all the info I can and post it, but if people don't comment it makes the place look "dead".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Has been a little dead last few days. But I am sure most probably been busy with real life stuff. Work/family/etc.... heck I know I have been busy with work myself this past week. But I at least try to get on here along other sites a few times in the day if I can.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thec0l0rsblend wrote:Incidentally, I'm not really sure where the Apologist moniker came from. Obviously it's from the Singerman Sucks blog but damned if I know who thought it up. It wasn't me but that's about all I know. I do think it's funny, though, how Terminal (at least at one point) began using the label for Smallville fans over on the Younis page comments. Funny, I got warned for using "Apologists" for Singerman fans. Wonder if Terminal ever gets warned for his usage of it. Hm....

Honestly, I don't think any one person came up with it. The most vocal Realists are VERY intelligent, and I think it was just one of those things where people knew what the word stood for, and saw the Apologists for what they truly were.

Um, apologists....

*EDIT* Ah, it appears I was the first person to call them Apologists on SSS. August, 26 2006 posting.

Funny.
Actually, no. You had nothing to do with it. The "Apologist" moniker came from an argument between Educator and some troll over on BTN.

(Long-winded argument preceding, in which the typical Singerman defenses are thrown out and shot down.)
Educator: Do you really think SR is going to be a cult classic like The Wizard of Oz? Stop apologizing for it.
(Troll): Yeah, I do think it will be fondly remembered.
Educator: Stop lying.
(Troll): I'm not lying. But I am apologizing, in the classic sense. "Apology" comes from an old Greek word meaning "to defend". I'm defending SR.
Educator: I accept your surrender.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 pm

道 wrote:Actually, no. You had nothing to do with it. The "Apologist" moniker came from an argument between Educator and some troll over on BTN.

(Long-winded argument preceding, in which the typical Singerman defenses are thrown out and shot down.)
Educator: Do you really think SR is going to be a cult classic like The Wizard of Oz? Stop apologizing for it.
(Troll): Yeah, I do think it will be fondly remembered.
Educator: Stop lying.
(Troll): I'm not lying. But I am apologizing, in the classic sense. "Apology" comes from an old Greek word meaning "to defend". I'm defending SR.
Educator: I accept your surrender.

Everyone here, do me a favor and read what I said that THIS retard quoted, then read HIS response.

Proceed to laugh at him once you do so.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next