Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T!

4 posters

Go down

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! Empty Re: Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 pm

WebHead's original post:

webhead2006 wrote:Great News:
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/exclusive-the-casting-search-for-superman-begins/
EXCLUSIVE: Casting Search For Superman Begins
By NIKKI FINKE AND MIKE FLEMING | Thursday November 18, 2010 @ 3:38pm EST
Comments 195 Email This | Print This |
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros, producer Chris Nolan, and director Zack Snyder have begun to cast a "wide net" to find the next Man of Steel. Insiders tell us the studio is open to creating a star as it reboots the Superman franchise: specifically, that the actor will either be a discovery or on TV but likely someone who isn't well known yet. And he'll be in the age range of 28-to-32. The studio expects to look at hundreds of young actors before making a decision. Agents who are readying candidates note that hiring an established series regular might not even be possible. The film will likely begin production around next June, and that shooting schedule could wreak havoc with fall prime time schedules. The studio has to meet that production start date because some of the rights are in jeopardy in 2013.

The Superman search will likely take time to play out, as did the hunt for the new Spider-Man which went to Andrew Garfield. There will be inevitable buzz on actors like Armie Hammer, the strapping 6'5" actor who played Cameron. And Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network and who was eyed by the studio to play Batman in a Justice League movie that Mad Max helmer George Miller was poised to direct until the film got scrapped. But Hammer is only 24. The studio could go the TV route with True Blood's Joe Manganiello, who claimed during a recent movie junket that he's being considered and is certainly a strapping 34-year old. Or an actor like Ian Somerhalder of The Vampire Diaries, who is turning 32 and listed at 5'9+".

Warner Bros is producing with Legendary Pictures. Nolan and David S. Goyer hatched the story, and Goyer is honing his script with Snyder.Nolan and his partner Emma Thomas are producing with Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, while co-financier Legendary Pictures' Thomas Tull is executive producer.

While the Batman films have been populated by established stars Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and now Christian Bale, Superman has always lent itself to discoveries. Christopher Reeve was a find in the Salkind franchise, as was Brandon Routh in the Bryan Singer-directed Superman Returns. (Before Routh got the job, Matt Bomer was eyed seriously by almost-directors McG and Brett Ratner.) Even on the small screen, the original Superman TV series star George Reeves and Smallville's Tom Welling and Lois & Clark's Dean Cain were discoveries. The lone exception we can recall was the time that Tim Burton tried to put together a Superman film with Nicolas Cage, an effort that failed because the budget became so high. And then Josh Hartnett was courted during the Ratner version (that got scrapped when Singer took over), but Hartnett didn't take the role, even though he stood to potentially make $100 million for three pictures if all had been made. Trust us, the new guy is going to get hired on the cheap.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! Empty Re: Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T!

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Yup i so love that we now know casting search has started. I like the target range of 28-32 also since we know they could end up going with someone slightly younger or slightly older like what happened in cap/spidey castings. I just hope it doesnt get to drawn out like their castings took. I def want clark locked in before end of the yr or by feb the lastest. Cant wait now to see what real names we will see end up testing now. Crossing fingers we will finally get a solid person as clark. I am sure nolan/snyder will cast well for the role. Now we are just back to the waiting game.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Yup i so love that we now know casting search has started. I like the target range of 28-32 also since we know they could end up going with someone slightly younger or slightly older like what happened in cap/spidey castings. I just hope it doesnt get to drawn out like their castings took. I def want clark locked in before end of the yr or by feb the lastest. Cant wait now to see what real names we will see end up testing now. Crossing fingers we will finally get a solid person as clark. I am sure nolan/snyder will cast well for the role. Now we are just back to the waiting game.

I think this is more of a "formality" as far as the last "actor" to play Superman goes. Snyder and Nolan probably have already talked to a few of the people they want to go with, and won't slam the door in BJ's face publicly. They do this instead...

Then again, how do you slam a door that shut THREE YEARS AGO?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 pm

You are right there. Sucks routh fans just cant get over he isnt superman any more. Hopefully things will get better once snyder/nolan pick the new superman. But these casting wars are always a crazy period. I do hope this time though who ever is picked can help mend the spilt we have had for yrs. So we can focus on fixing superman himself on film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:01 am

webhead2006 wrote:You are right there. Sucks routh fans just cant get over he isnt superman any more. Hopefully things will get better once snyder/nolan pick the new superman. But these casting wars are always a crazy period. I do hope this time though who ever is picked can help mend the spilt we have had for yrs. So we can focus on fixing superman himself on film.

Here's what will happen:

"Hardcore" BJ Apologists (You know, fat girls and gay boys..) will throw a fit, proclaiming they won't see it if BJ isn't Singerman again.

Everyone else will go "Hmm, well let's see how the guy does before we judge him".

Simple.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 am

Yea totally, that is what i am going to do if its someone i dont know there work. Or just seen very little of there work. Now if its someone like joe manganiello, or jared P(supernatural) to some other known/semi known actor i like. I will be happy they are picked and wish them the best of luck getting the character done right and correctly. Hopefully they find the right person this time.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 am

Hey Apologists, us Superman fans have a message for you:

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! 186642_m730

How's about DEM apples?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! Empty RE: Superman Casting Has Begun- BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T!

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 am

For an update on 'the wooden one', check out this trailer:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128019-the-domestic-trailer-a-poster-for-dylan-dog

Looks like DYLAN DOG is happening after all. I know there was a comic by this title, but why do I get the feeling like this is a ripoff of SUPERNATURAL?! At least somewhat, 'hunting' monsters & all. And the 'dead sidekick' is almost like a take from SHAUN OF THE DEAD.

*Sigh!*
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 am

it looks like crap to me, and i am surprised its even getting a theatical release after it being delayed for so long. i did think it would have been DTV deal for it. Plus it probably going to bomb hard.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! Empty RE: Superman Casting Has Begun- BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T!

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 am

webhead2006 wrote:it looks like crap to me, and i am surprised its even getting a theatical release after it being delayed for so long. i did think it would have been DTV deal for it. Plus it probably going to bomb hard.

I don't know about that. Ya see, ol' BJ was shirtless in that trailer, so duh fat girls & queer-bait guys are liable to give the DVD some appreciable sales. Who knows?! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 am

non_amos wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:it looks like crap to me, and i am surprised its even getting a theatical release after it being delayed for so long. i did think it would have been DTV deal for it. Plus it probably going to bomb hard.

I don't know about that. Ya see, ol' BJ was shirtless in that trailer, so duh fat girls & queer-bait guys are liable to give the DVD some appreciable sales. Who knows?! Suspect
He was shirtless in Singerman as well. Did the fatties and limp-wristers help that movie's DVD sales much? Evidently not.

We need to face the fact that Dylan Dog (the title is actually something else but I really don't care) is probably going to utterly tank it, both at the box office and on DVD. The Apologists will have already lost before this thing even gets off the ground.

EDIT- I should add that I could read the title of this thread over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It never gets old. cheers
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:27 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:He was shirtless in Singerman as well. Did the fatties and limp-wristers help that movie's DVD sales much? Evidently not.

Because, contrary to HollyWeird belief, they are but a SMALL percentage of the movie-going/DVD buying population.

We need to face the fact that Dylan Dog (the title is actually something else but I really don't care) is probably going to utterly tank it, both at the box office and on DVD. The Apologists will have already lost before this thing even gets off the ground.

Still, expect them to completely ignore Routh's lack of talent, and instead praise stupid ass things like "facial expressions" or some shit.

EDIT- I should add that I could read the title of this thread over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It never gets old. cheers

Made me feel good to type each and every letter.
Superman Casting Has Begun - BJ Routh AGAIN Confirmed To Be O-U-T! We+win
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down