Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting Empty Superman Casting

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Every forum has got one, so why not this one?

Who would you guys like to see play Superman in the Reboot? Me personally, from watching Supernatural a lot recently, would take Jared Padelecki in the role. The guy is 6'5, is capable of packing on the muscle, can actually ACT, and would fit in with the rumored plot of the film.

Superman Casting Jared_Padalecki_j2

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  Father Finian Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 pm

What's worrying me (especially after I ripped into the Homopage sheep for holding out hope) is that some big wig from Legendary Pictures sent a work out kit to Ruth to "get back in shape"......according to AICN

Jesus....let him go. How a new Superman film would work with Ruth's baggage attached has got me beat.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Father Finian wrote:What's worrying me (especially after I ripped into the Homopage sheep for holding out hope) is that some big wig from Legendary Pictures sent a work out kit to Ruth to "get back in shape"......according to AICN

Jesus....let him go. How a new Superman film would work with Ruth's baggage attached has got me beat.

Keep in mind, he is talking about something that MIGHT have happened MONTHS before Snyder was hired as the director. Why would Snyder say he WASN'T going to be in it, if there was even a chance that talentless hack COULD be? I have a feeling part of Snyder's agreeing to helm the picture was based on being able to pick HIS Superman.

And don't forget, Harry Knowles "gushed" over Singerman when it came out, so you know where his loyalties lay....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:51 am

i dont know who i would want for the film. first we need some more details and what zack/nolans are looking for in the character. though i do believe they will end up casting someone between the ages of 25-35 range. and with how gl ended up casting its lead, i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with someone like a ryan reynolds ending up as supes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:05 am

webhead2006 wrote:i dont know who i would want for the film. first we need some more details and what zack/nolans are looking for in the character. though i do believe they will end up casting someone between the ages of 25-35 range. and with how gl ended up casting its lead, i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with someone like a ryan reynolds ending up as supes.

Check out my BJ thread. He's doing an "early days" Superman.

And I stick with Padelecki as my choice, but Armie Hammer isn't a bad one either....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:13 am

i know that Ap i was just saying i dont know who i would want. But i could see casting go like how gl did. They first go after someone known ie like ryan gosling he declines. Then do many casting calls and we get unknown and semi know guys, and then we get to those guys likely it and bam someone like RR comes out of the blue and lands the role. I could see wb wanting to cast supes like gl was.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:35 pm

webhead2006 wrote:but Armie Hammer isn't a bad one either....
Damn skippy! That dude's, what, 6'8" or 6'9"? He's eventually going to end up in a superhero movie no matter what so why not cast him as Superman.

As for BJ's work out kit, puh-LEEZ.

01- The Younis page makes stuff up all the time. How many times did they "confirm" that Singerman 2: Man of Pleather was about to go into production?
02- Routh's contract would have to be renegotiated. That'd be a pain in the neck. Doable, yes, but a pain. Why not find someone with less bargaining power?
03- Excuse me, but at what point did Legendary (a financing parter; they're the ones who write checks and otherwise STFU) have any level of creative input into the film?
04- Why go to all the trouble to reboot and hire BJ just to stink up the screen again?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying there are a zillion good reasons to leave Routh out.

But as far as Jared Paledecki is concerned, I've never seen him in anything where I thought "man, Paladecki sucks". He's a solid actor, he's got a good frame and he's got the right all around look. The reboot could do a lot worse than hire Paladecki.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 pm

As for armie I was never happ with him for batman for jlm. Glad it didn't happen. But I do think he would be better suited for supes. He is a nice new young talent. He isn't my first choice bug I wouldn't be to sad if he got the role. As for jared I have loved his work on supernatural. So another na,e I wouldn't mind test for the role. But still in my mind wb is likely ultimately will probably want a rr like actor.someone fans would like in the role, and has the broad appeal for men/women crowds.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:47 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:
Damn skippy! That dude's, what, 6'8" or 6'9"? He's eventually going to end up in a superhero movie no matter what so why not cast him as Superman.

Yes he will.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As for BJ's work out kit, puh-LEEZ.

What all the brain-dead retards are forgetting is this: This supposed conversation took place about 3 months ago, prior to BJ stumping at a 'con, prior to Snyder taking up the directors role.

A lot of things have changed since then, haven't they?

thec0l0rsblend wrote:01- The Younis page makes stuff up all the time. How many times did they "confirm" that Singerman 2: Man of Pleather was about to go into production?

A lot, and like we said all along, they were LYING.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:02- Routh's contract would have to be renegotiated. That'd be a pain in the neck. Doable, yes, but a pain. Why not find someone with less bargaining power?

It won't be. So no worries.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:03- Excuse me, but at what point did Legendary (a financing parter; they're the ones who write checks and otherwise STFU) have any level of creative input into the film?

I think he was told that because the head of Legendary probably has another birthday party coming up, and wants him to dress-up again for the kids who don't know any better.

Seriously.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:04- Why go to all the trouble to reboot and hire BJ just to stink up the screen again?

As Snyder has already said, they aren't.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying there are a zillion good reasons to leave Routh out.

I'M saying it's impossible.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:But as far as Jared Paledecki is concerned, I've never seen him in anything where I thought "man, Paladecki sucks". He's a solid actor, he's got a good frame and he's got the right all around look. The reboot could do a lot worse than hire Paladecki.

Yes they could. He seemed a little, puffy, in season 5. But this season he looks to be back on his game, and would bring a good presence to the role. Plus, he looks like a regular guy in a suit. Double Bonus.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:29 pm

hey guys,
an interesting article i found regarding casting for superman:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2010/10/15/15701426.html
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Belltown213 Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:36 am

How about this guy? Very Happy

Superman Casting 38111

Superman Casting Tomwel10
Belltown213
Belltown213
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:20 pm

I am not to worried with casting right now. Both zack and nolan who will probably have most say in casting have casted well in male leads in there films. Nolan we get bale, caine, freeman for example, and zack guys like butler, jackie earl halely and others. So I am sure they will do clark casting well. Really can't wait to hear what types of folks they are going with.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Belltown213 Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:39 pm

How about Matt Bomer? Read he was cast by Brett Rattner when WB had him attached for a Superman film. Above is a clip of him playing Clark and Supes in some Japanese car commercial.
Belltown213
Belltown213
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 pm

I've heard that name before. In that clip he looks OK as Clark Kent but I have a problem with that clip. The reason is SINGERMAN! For most of that clip it just looks like the Singerman suit & partially looks animated. What little bit Bomer's face is even shown in the suit isn't long enough to make a sound judgment. Maybe he'd be good, I don't know, but can ANYONE answer me this? WHY is it that every time someone tries to do a 'photo shop' type thing, whether in photos or video, WHY is it almost ALWAYS in the SINGERMAN SUIT?! WHY is it hardly EVER in the REEVE SUIT?! Can ANYONE answer THAT?!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Don't get me wrong. Like boomer work. But he is really short and has a small body frame. So he just doesn't have the right look for supes. He would be a great clark side of the character and a good actor. But with supes we need the right look and the acting to boot.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Belltown213 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey guys! Back with another suggestion, what do you guys think of Jon Hamm. I think he would be great for the role, I like that he has a kind of Alex Ross Superman look to him. But I think the reason WB wouldn't cast him is that he might be too much of a man for the part and not pretty boy enough. If that makes any sense.

Superman Casting Jon-ha10

Superman Casting 13519110
Belltown213
Belltown213
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm

I like him alto. Has a good look, a decent actor. He would be a solid clark/supes in my book. Though since he is pushing 40 he would be best for a mature older supes. But if the deal is early days in supes career. Hamm isn't really right.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Belltown213 wrote:How about Matt Bomer? Read he was cast by Brett Rattner when WB had him attached for a Superman film. Above is a clip of him playing Clark and Supes in some Japanese car commercial.

Well, let's not forget that Bomer is gay. Imagine the uproar from the movie going public if they found THAT out.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Sure boomer is gay. But for me I would think he would do his best not to let that affect the film. Heck look at guys like mangeto actor or others who are gay and that didn't hurt the films they were in. But then looking at the corparate side of things the studio probably wouldn't want that bad pr to happen for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Belltown213 Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm

The problem with Singer's gayness is that he purposely let it define SR, so much that he basically turned Superman into his own personal gay metaphor. Which works on some level for the X-men films but is completely wrong for the Superman character.
Belltown213
Belltown213
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/20/zack-snyder-middle-aged-superman/#disqus_thread
Armie Hammer, who almost played Batman in George Miller’s canceled Justice League: Mortal film, has been gaining traction on the fansites as a possible contender for the role. Hammer, who is best known for playing the Winklevoss twins in David Fincher’s The Social Network, says that he talked to his agent about the possibility and was told they are looking for someone older. Here is the quote from Vulture:

“I did talk to my people recently about [Zack Snyder’s film] for the first time, and I think they’re going a little older with Superman. I hear they’re going 35, 40.”

Armie is only 24 years old. Routh is older but seems to be a bit too young for that age range at 31.

Another actor fans have been buzzing about is Mad Men star Jon Hamm, who Snyder worked with on Suckerpunch. Some fans have argued that Hamm is too old for the role. Christopher Reeve was only 25 when he played Superman in Richard Donner’s 1978 film. But at 39-years old, Hamm fits the age range mentioned by Hammer.

As for Hamm, when he was asked about playing Superman last month, the actor said, “[I]f the powers that be are thinking that, I’d like them to get in touch with me. Maybe we can discuss it.”

Hmm i wonder how true this bit of news is now. Cause as much as a mature superman film would be. I still rather have a fresh young superman. So we can see how he came to be/some origin stuff and all that. Though if they are going mature supes i do hope we at least get some origin stuff told some how. But on other hand i dont really see the studio going for older supes with the chance of turning this film if success into a new franchise. Go withing hamm who would be 40 next yr during filming and at least 42 by the time they work on a sequel. I just see them more likely going with younger actors who they can hold onto for a good 8-10 yrs and not have to worry they age to much. But we will have to see once more news comes in the next few months.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Sure boomer is gay. But for me I would think he would do his best not to let that affect the film. Heck look at guys like mangeto actor or others who are gay and that didn't hurt the films they were in. But then looking at the corparate side of things the studio probably wouldn't want that bad pr to happen for the film.

Magneto was a villain. Not the superhero of ALL superhero's.

Bomer could do nothing about people's reactions to his preferences. Once the media started in on it, most parents wouldn't take their kids to see it. Whether anyone thinks that is "wrong" or "right" is irrelevant. The movie-going public speak with their dollars.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting Empty Jon Hamm

Post  lib Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:10 am

My money is on Jon Hamm after an interview with Armie Hammer was posted on Superhero-Hype. Sounds like Nolan and Snyder are looking for a Superman in the 35 to 40 yr range.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Well lib that's the problem there is to many conflicting reports out. To really know what is going on.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:58 pm

All I can say is, it's something to talk about.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next