Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 4 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Totally agree man joe has much better looks then routh did as superman. I do really hope he gets shot to test. As for welling of cource I would love if he tests too. But still personally think it would be better for a new fesh cast. But only time will see where wb/zack/chris go for casting.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:23 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Some new casting rumors was just reading about. Thought might bring them here to see shat you guys think. First up is new news about joe manganiello as superman. His name been brought up before. He is a huge fan of the character. Personally I think he has the right build and size for the role. Also is a decent actor. I wish him the best of luck to at least get the shot to test for the role. Here is the link on the story about joe:
http://www.moviehole.net/201033202-true-bloods-manganiello-may-play-superman

Then comes some other rumors. Which I don't really believe. It comes from the examier. Here is link to there story:
http://www.examiner.com/entertainment-in-national/superman-returning-to-silver-screen-2012

I don't know how reliable there sources are. But I serious doubt the wb, zack/chris would go for the rock or john cena. I do like them both in wrestling. John is starting as an ok actor though I don't think he is there just yet. Same as the rock like his films and he has grown as a actor. But both are totally not right for clark/superman.
The next time you have a post with this many fucked up hyperlinks, I won't waste my time fixing it; I'll just delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:33 pm

How was the links messed up I had them correct when I wrote them down? When I posted it was working fine for me.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm

webhead2006 wrote:when I wrote them down
Bingo. Copy and paste is your friend.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Sorry colors what I meant was at the time I made the post the links were working fine for me. Sorry the links changed some point after I posted it. Wasn't trying to cause any trouble.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:23 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Sorry colors what I meant was at the time I made the post the links were working fine for me. Sorry the links changed some point after I posted it. Wasn't trying to cause any trouble.
Sorry but I don't buy it. The Examiner link said "examier.com" before I corrected it. I can accept that a link may well have changed after you made your initial post; I cannot accept that you were able to successfuly open that same article at "examier.com". It seems that there was something strange that happened in between copying the link and pasting it into your post. Don't know, don't care. In any case, you're making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Copy and paste the link next time. It ain't hard.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok colors sorry again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Another name wouldnt mind playing the role/work with snyder again:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEEn327oG2CyHE
EXCLUSIVE: Could Patrick Wilson Be Superman?
November 7th, 2010
Patrick Wilson in the running for Superman?Recently, we brought you the rumor that True Blood actor Joe Manganiello is up for the role of Clark Kent in Zack Snyder's Superman. Supposedly, Smallville's Tom Welling and Superman Returns' Brandon Routh are still being considered as well, although their casting would contradict most of Snyder's previous statements about his film being a complete reboot of the franchise. One actor who has played a super hero for Snyder before is Patrick Wilson, who portrayed Nite Owl in the director's comic book adapted masterpiece Watchmen. He recently appeared as The A-Team's nemesis, Agent Lynch, in the film adaptation of the popular '80s TV series and soon the actor will be seen in the new romantic comedy, Morning Glory, which opens on November 10th and co-stars Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton.

While he was promoting his new movie, actor Patrick Wilson took some time out to speak with us. We began by asking him his thoughts on the choice of Zack Snyder to direct Superman and if he thinks the director is a good fit for the franchise?

"Well, I think anything is a good fit with him. The thing about Zack is that the guy is the most detailed, focused director that I've worked with. He knows exactly the picture that he wants to paint. Whether it's your taste ... I mean you can find a hundred people that absolutely love Watchmen and then there are people who will say that it is too close to the comic. But whatever, its Zack! He just attacks each film and with every single frame he knows exactly the picture that he wants to paint. So I think its awesome and I think its awesome for the franchise. I loved Superman growing up. I was brought up really on the movies. I was not a comic guy so those movies just defined, especially Superman and Superman II, the super-hero genre for me. Christopher Reeve, you know? So its great to mix it up and I think it is a great move. I think it will just be an awesome spectacle and you know he'll find some great story to tell."

The actor went on to share with us his initial reaction to hearing that Snyder had been given the job.

"When I heard he signed on I called one of my agents and said that I hadn't talked to Zack or anything but that I just wanted to read it. I don't even care if I'm right for anything, I just want to know what he's doing."

Finally, we asked Wilson if there was any character in the Superman universe that he would like to play in the movie ... Clark Kent perhaps?

"Oh man, who knows? I love seeing all the Jon Hamm comments and Jon is like, "What? I'm over forty, this is ridiculous". So I don't know? That is such a big thing, who knows? I remember when Watchmen came around I didn't think I was really age appropriate or right for that but then when I jumped into it I was able to make it work. So who, knows? I would be happy to do anything with Zack again."

Superman comes to theaters in 2012. The film is directed by Zack Snyder.

Do you like this story?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 pm

To the immediate subject, I've been on the record for a while now as supporting Joe Manganiello in the role. Obviously he's a new face and damned if he doesn't look the part (mostly). Armie Hammer should be a contender too, mind you, but I could easily do with Manganiello. Intentionally or not, he'd end up being kind of a watchdog on the production too since he's a confirmed comics fan.

As for Patrick Wilson... loved him in Watchmen but I'll hold out for someone better.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:24 pm

if it went down to armie or joe i def be happy camper. They are solid actors and proper looks(armie probably bulk up a tad). I could easily see either of them as clark/superman. And hopefully they would turn out a good performace.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Joe Mangiello would be perfectly fine with me. His look is good, and I hear he is a good actor. So I would definitely be there to see him in the role.

Now as for the "wrestlers", I have a feeling someone is having some fun with that site. Ain't no way WB OR Nolan is going forward with a big-budget film starring John FREAKING Cena. Take it from someone who stood next to the guy, he ain't very imposing in person.

Patrick Wilson is a VERY good actor, and would probably look good in the suit. But my issue is this: Watch Watchmen again. When he has the glasses on, he looks very comfortable in them. Like he wears them in his personal life. But in the scenes where he takes them off, he looks like a man who wears glasses. His eyes "squint", and would destroy the Clark/Superman duality.

But hey, I wouldn't complain about him either. Better than BJ.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 4 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Speaking of Joe Manganiello, there's a 'lively' debate over at duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8818#comments

Some of duh apologists are whining about they want someone to play the character who can ACT, NOT just a 'set of abs'. Some are still whining for their BJ also. And if THAT don't take the cake, EUNUCH is handing out warnings again:

"#83 | Steve Younis on November 8, 2010 4:42pm EST
ENOUGH! Warnings have been handed out to various members over things said in these comments. Some of you need to re-read the Member Rules to refresh your memory of what your responsibilities are as a member of this website.

http://www.superm...opic=rules

We would like to maintain an environment that encourages lively and intellectually honest debate on all topics pertaining to Superman. To that end, we expect you to follow our basic rules and premises. YOUR ABILITY TO POST - AND REMAIN - A MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT YOUR RIGHT. Violation of our rules and expectations are grounds to ban you permanently from being a member of this site."

I believe earlier that 'swright' told them to put a lid on it in so many words. But Steve EUNUCH is handing out big bad warnings again & threatening 'lifetime bans'. Ooooo, I'm SO scared! Razz

Hey, if it was a warning at WORK, I'd be worried. At warning at duh Homopage? NOT so much! No
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 pm

non_amos wrote:Speaking of Joe Manganiello, there's a 'lively' debate over at duh Homopage:

Some of duh apologists are whining about they want someone to play the character who can ACT, NOT just a 'set of abs'. Some are still whining for their BJ also. And if THAT don't take the cake, EUNUCH is handing out warnings again:

"#83 | Steve Younis on November 8, 2010 4:42pm EST
ENOUGH! Warnings have been handed out to various members over things said in these comments. Some of you need to re-read the Member Rules to refresh your memory of what your responsibilities are as a member of this website.

http://www.superm...opic=rules

We would like to maintain an environment that encourages lively and intellectually honest debate on all topics pertaining to Superman. To that end, we expect you to follow our basic rules and premises. YOUR ABILITY TO POST - AND REMAIN - A MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT YOUR RIGHT. Violation of our rules and expectations are grounds to ban you permanently from being a member of this site."

I believe earlier that 'swright' told them to put a lid on it in so many words. But Steve EUNUCH is handing out big bad warnings again & threatening 'lifetime bans'. Ooooo, I'm SO scared! Razz

Hey, if it was a warning at WORK, I'd be worried. At warning at duh Homopage? NOT so much! No

Oh nooooooo! Steve Eunuch is going to "ban you" from Duh HomoPage??? Is he super-cereal about it too??
Superman Casting - Page 4 77980928v2_225x225_Front

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 am

non_amos (if that's even the guy's real name) wrote:Speaking of Joe Manganiello, there's a 'lively' debate over at duh Homopage:

Some of duh apologists are whining about they want someone to play the character who can ACT, NOT just a 'set of abs'.
Hmm. Considering that Routh can neither nor did he have in any abs in Singerman, you'd think the douchebag Apologists would be grateful for the upgrade that Manganiello represents.

As to his acting chops, I won't pretend to be any expert but I've seen him in a few clips of things here and there. He brings across more life and gravitas in the cumulative six minutes worth of stuff I've seen him in than Blandon BJ has scraped together in his entire career.

That alone qualifies Manganiello for a screentest, as far as I'm concerned.

But there was a True Blood featurette that made the rounds on the web a few months ago. It was sort of a fluff piece for the show that aired on whatever network the shows airs on. It was a sort of two way interview with him and Anna Paquin but mostly it was Manganiello's thing.

His interplay with Paquin actually sold me on bringing her in as Lois if Manganiello plays Superman. It'd never happen because of the True Blood connection but she looks more mature these days, she's underrated as an actress and anything's an upgrade after Kate Fivehead.

EUNUCH is handing out warnings again:
I can't read any of the comments but I'm guess the conversation took a decidedly anti-Singerman/anti-BJ The Bartender turn so Younis had to take an active hand.

Frankly, I've seen the admins and mods over there jump on people even when there's no argument even going on. No fighting, no acrimony, no hard feelings. It really is two people having/dominating a discussion.

Like any good tyrant though, Fuhrer Younis has this thing against people freely discussing ideas. So naturally Herr Bailey and swrighteichmann are only too eager to take care of the dissent.

Geeze, that page is such a joke...

Last edited by thec0l0rsblend on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 4 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 am

I didn't mean ban me specifically, just talking in general. I haven't posted there in so long that my member ID no longer even shows up, even in the forums. Even WHEN there are posts that survived, it's like the member ID part is just BLANK. I was NEVER banned. I just finally got aggravated to the point & had enough stress in my REAL life that I got tired of debating duh brain-dead apologists sheep. I was a 'hater', right? Yet sometimes they'd PM me lambasting me for my opinions & I just got tired of the crap. I didn't log in for ages. Then I DID log in eventually just long enough to briefly visit & it worked. Then MORE time elapsed. I didn't log in but I noticed my member ID wasn't there. I was NEVER banned, nothing that stuck anyway. I THINK Eunuch would sometimes 'clean house' due to INACTIVE accounts. I assume I fell into THAT category? Recently I've thought about using another ID since I changed ISPs but I don't know if it's even WORTH the trouble! I might REALLY get banned THIS time! Very Happy

non_amos (IF indeed that is my real name)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 am

I can't understand why Warners/DC just don't close that site down....It's not about Superman and his fans' best interests, it's only about Eunuch's bank balance. The guy is on record for saying as much. The guy would sell his family if he thought he could get away with it. Look at how he looks, dressed like a fuckin clown from top to bottom in hats and clothes available from his site........

The hypocrisy is staggering. As long as you're speaking about Smallville and it's cast and crew it's open season, say what you fucking want. Especially if you're Fagley or one of his boy toys.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 am

Father Finian wrote:I can't understand why Warners/DC just don't close that site down....It's not about Superman and his fans' best interests, it's only about Eunuch's bank balance. The guy is on record for saying as much. The guy would sell his family if he thought he could get away with it. Look at how he looks, dressed like a fuckin clown from top to bottom in hats and clothes available from his site........

Because they get a "cut" of what he sells.

Remember, he has to get it from SOMEWHERE. And the Bros. Warner have NEVER shied-away from making a buck off of Superman any way they could.

As for Eunuch, I would LOVE to meet that guy face-to-face.

Father Finian wrote:The hypocrisy is staggering. As long as you're speaking about Smallville and it's cast and crew it's open season, say what you fucking want. Especially if you're Fagley or one of his boy toys.

Got to goose-step along with the rest of them over at the HomoPage.

Or you can just act like the place doesn't exist. Works for me....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TomWelling4Superman Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:36 am

Father Finian wrote:I can't understand why Warners/DC just don't close that site down....It's not about Superman and his fans' best interests, it's only about Eunuch's bank balance. The guy is on record for saying as much. The guy would sell his family if he thought he could get away with it. Look at how he looks, dressed like a fuckin clown from top to bottom in hats and clothes available from his site........

The hypocrisy is staggering. As long as you're speaking about Smallville and it's cast and crew it's open season, say what you fucking want. Especially if you're Fagley or one of his boy toys.

Damn dude the guy has worked hard on that site, and he's got a good thing going why hate so much? lol I mean seriously has he ever said anything about you?

TomWelling4Superman
Homophobe

User Reputation : -125

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:44 am

TomWelling4Superman wrote:Damn dude the guy has worked hard on that site, and he's got a good thing going why hate so much? lol I mean seriously has he ever said anything about you?

I'll answer this one for the good Father:

Yes. Yes he DID.

Back when we were all over at SingersSupermanSucks, there was a LOT of back and forth between us and the loser asshole Apologists over there. Inluding Steve Eunich. Neal "Dragon Breath" Fagley. And s "Yes master. Yesss...." wright. When their site got "hacked", Eunuch pretty much told EVERYONE that it was someone from our site. The "Dial-Up In Colorado Incident" as it is now known. Steve Eunuch even BANNED people from his site that he believed posted over at SSS.

So forgive us if we don't walk around with rose-colored glasses on like you do. We tore-up our prescriptions.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:00 am

TomWelling4Superman wrote:Damn dude the guy has worked hard on that site, and he's got a good thing going why hate so much? lol I mean seriously has he ever said anything about you?
Something else that the Apologist Puncher didn't mention is the one-sided coverage Smallville gets over at the Younis page. All things Singerman are embraced with arms wide and open, and without criticism. The staff over at the Younis page are so unashamedly in the tank for Singerman that it's not even deniable anymore. Oh, and that policy only took effect after Younis was invited to hang out on the Singerman set, handle some of the costumes and props, etc. Big freaking coincidence, I'm sure.

Smallville, on the other hand, regularly gets torn apart, even when it's not the subject at hand. Nothing is off limits when it comes to Smallville. I personally have copied anti-Smallville remarks (that were allowed without censor and without censure) and basically changed only the names to reflect Singerman... and I got warned and threatened with a ban.

After I posted Bailey's own remarks about Singerman ("better than Donner!!!"), I was banned. And that was the second time I'd been banned from the page. The first time I got banned from the page, AP already kind of mentioned.

So I don't care if Younis has "worked hard". All I've seen him do is work hard at being Bad Hat Harry's whore for the past five years and ban anybody he thinks places his relationship with WB, BHH or anyone else in jeopardy.

He's nothing but a shill now. And ya know what? I don't have a problem with that. In his shoes, I'd sell out so fast it'd make your head spin. But unlike Younis, (A) I wouldn't lie about my motives and (B) I for damn sure wouldn't try to pretend I was "looking out for the fans" anymore, trying to run "an objective fansite".

Younis can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by thec0l0rsblend on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am

Exactly. The total hypocrisy demonstrated over at the HomoPage is STAGGERING.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:09 am

Oh, and before I get accused of being biased, yes, something similar exists in the Smallville section of the fandom. Specifically, I'm well aware of the relationship Craig Byrne from KryptonSite has with Millar-Gough Ink, Tollin-Robbins and the CW (fact: I probably knew about it before you did). But Craig, though on the payroll, runs a fan-friendly page that, as far as I know, welcomes all points of view. Craig shows how to be a studio shill while still maintaining credibility as a legitimate fan page. Steve Younis could take a lesson.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Oh, and before I get accused of being biased, yes, something similar exists in the Smallville section of the fandom. Specifically, I'm well aware of the relationship Craig Byrne from KryptonSite has with Millar-Gough Ink, Tollin-Robbins and the CW (fact: I probably knew about it before you did). But Craig, though on the payroll, runs a fan-friendly page that, as far as I know, welcomes all points of view. Craig shows how to be a studio shill while still maintaining credibility as a legitimate fan page. Steve Younis could take a lesson.

As long as the site focuses on what they are there for, and allow the USERS to determine what is discussed in the "public" section, it's all good.

Eunuch and his Gaystapo clearly don't understand how that works.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:56 am

Does suck all the harping sv gets on the homepage site. One of the many reasons I don't go to there site if at all. And I only do just to see what folks are saying on things. Totally like ksite more for sv news and forums.

Back to casting for a moment. Besides routh who I don't want to see as supes. I so hope channing tatum name doesn't make it into casting calls. But I know he probably will. But to me he is just as bad as routh as a actor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:04 am

webhead2006 wrote:I so hope channing tatum name doesn't make it into casting calls. But I know he probably will. But to me he is just as bad as routh as a actor.
Mmm, yeah, pretty much. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he got an audition or whatever as a perfunctory thing to keep someone or other happy but, whatever my reservations about the reboot, I honestly can't picture Nolan, Snyder or Goyer running with some chest-shaving douchebag metrosexual with delusions of fratboy as Superman.

Superman Casting - Page 4 Channing-tatum
Yep, oh yeah, I see that and I think "damn, that's Superman". Or maybe it's "damn, I want to hit that guy in the face with a brick, and I don't even know him". One of the two...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next