Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casting Lois Lane

+2
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Casting Lois Lane Empty Casting Lois Lane

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:28 am

Who would you guys pick to play Clark/Superman's love interest?

For me, there is only one choice:

Casting Lois Lane Anne-hathaway-picture-4

Anyone you guys see playing her?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Casting Lois Lane Empty Re: Casting Lois Lane

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:29 am

wouldnt mind her she has grown alot as an actress. But there is so many options.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:54 am

Her looks alone would make me believe Superman would fall for her. As a bonus, she is a VERY good actress too...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:04 am

i agree. i think anne hathaway is perfect casting for lois.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Nothing against Hathaway but she's always seemed too "sweet" and "cute". But maybe she'd do okay. Still...

Casting Lois Lane Shannyn_sossamon01
Shannyn Sossamon

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Nothing against Hathaway but she's always seemed too "sweet" and "cute". But maybe she'd do okay. Still...

Casting Lois Lane Shannyn_sossamon01
Shannyn Sossamon

Hey c0l0rs, have you seen "Get Smart"? "Havoc"? Trust me, she doesn't only play "sweet" or "cute".

And your choice is ok, but I would still take Hathaway 10 times out 10 over her.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Casting Lois Lane Empty RE: Casting Lois Lane

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 pm

It's amazing that with these HOT women that are being suggested for Lois, then just WHO ever thought Kate 'the Forehead' Bosworth was the perfect casting for Lois?! Oh, that's right, SINGER did! Because Kevin Spacey SAID so. And let's not forget the OTHER *ahem* casting that Singer supplied his film with. lol!

I'm sure that back in the day some didn't prefer Margot Kidder because she wasn't exactly all that hot. However, at least SHE could act! She also had a GREAT chemistry working with Christopher Reeve. I think it was THIS reason that Richard Donner chose her over others who were maybe MORE attractive.

Not so with SINGERMAN, MAN OF SILK! There we had an UNCONVINCING 'Lois' exchanging lines with a PIECE OF WOOD! BOTH trying to simulate Reeve's & Kidder's 'fly-over' performance but instead we got EPIC FAIL! And if you'll notice in more recent times, some of duh apologists have actually TURNED on Bosworth, & even Singer for that matter, but it defies comprehension how they can continually support their 'BJ'. bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm

non_amos wrote:It's amazing that with these HOT women that are being suggested for Lois, then just WHO ever thought Kate 'the Forehead' Bosworth was the perfect casting for Lois?! Oh, that's right, SINGER did! Because Kevin Spacey SAID so. And let's not forget the OTHER *ahem* casting that Singer supplied his film with. lol!

I'm sure that back in the day some didn't prefer Margot Kidder because she wasn't exactly all that hot. However, at least SHE could act! She also had a GREAT chemistry working with Christopher Reeve. I think it was THIS reason that Richard Donner chose her over others who were maybe MORE attractive.

Not so with SINGERMAN, MAN OF SILK! There we had an UNCONVINCING 'Lois' exchanging lines with a PIECE OF WOOD! BOTH trying to simulate Reeve's & Kidder's 'fly-over' performance but instead we got EPIC FAIL! And if you'll notice in more recent times, some of duh apologists have actually TURNED on Bosworth, & even Singer for that matter, but it defies comprehension how they can continually support their 'BJ'. bounce

You know, she wasn't the most beautiful woman they could have chosen for Lois, but in STM, she was actually very attractive. I think people let later opinions of her seep-in to their view of her. But she had something, and I for one couldn't see anyone else in that role at that time.

Yep, Singer did ANYTHING to get Spacey to ham it up as Luthor in his abomination. Using that 12 year old boy looking Bosworth was just the last. And boy did she SUCK.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

non_amos wrote:It's amazing that with these HOT women that are being suggested for Lois, then just WHO ever thought Kate 'the Forehead' Bosworth was the perfect casting for Lois?! Oh, that's right, SINGER did! Because Kevin Spacey SAID so. And let's not forget the OTHER *ahem* casting that Singer supplied his film with. lol!

Routh is definitely the comeback kid of that "film". As I recall, duh Apologists first turned on the story then on Bosworth then on The Kid then on Singer himself.

Through it all? Routh has remained the guy who "didn't do such a bad a job at all". Gee, that's such a constructive, uplifting way of looking at it. Morons...

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Routh is definitely the comeback kid of that "film". As I recall, duh Apologists first turned on the story then on Bosworth then on The Kid then on Singer himself.

Through it all? Routh has remained the guy who "didn't do such a bad a job at all". Gee, that's such a constructive, uplifting way of looking at it. Morons...

Nah, it's just a few fat, ugly "women" and gay males who spout his "praise". Of course, they only make generalized statements and ignore the fact that Hollywood has REFUSED to put him in a starring role since Singerman flopped. Nope, they just say he "deserves" to play the part again, and that it was ALL Singer's fault. No proof, no examples of exactly WHY he "deserves" another shot.

Why?

Because deep down, these sexually-frustrated LOSERS know he really doesn't.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Nah, it's just a few fat, ugly "women" and gay males who spout his "praise". Of course, they only make generalized statements and ignore the fact that Hollywood has REFUSED to put him in a starring role since Singerman flopped. Nope, they just say he "deserves" to play the part again, and that it was ALL Singer's fault. No proof, no examples of exactly WHY he "deserves" another shot.

Why?

Because deep down, these sexually-frustrated LOSERS know he really doesn't.
Do they? I wonder. I saw one of 'em get beaten with the reality stick over on an otherwise Apologist-friendly board a year and change ago. Some nitwit said that Routh was poorly directed in Singerman and so he should get a second chance in the reboot.

Someone (and it wasn't me, that's all I remember) posted something to the effect of "Your story is that Routh did a bad a job in Singerman due to poor direction? Okay, fair enough. But his performance there was pretty much in line with Zack & Miri and Chuck. He comes off pretty much the same in all of those. So your argument then is that Bryan Singer, Kevin Smith and a variety of TV directors ALL suck at directing actors? When they all have otherwise pretty good track records with everyone else they've ever worked with???" The Apologist could only make a jokey remark as a "reply". Because, seriously, wtf do you say to that? How can anybody argue with that?

Mind you, that Realist's theory has only been proven truer since Sam Pilgrim came out.

For my part, the cameo he had in that Gilmore Girls episode as well as a compilation of scenes I saw from his soap opera days only reinforce that stuff. BJ was equally boring, stiff and unexpressive in all those things. He's the same plank of wood in literally everything he does. EVERYTHING. Does every director he works with suck that badly? At what point do we simply have to acknowledge that the guy, nice as he may be, just isn't a good actor??

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:15 pm

For me with lois there is a different set of actresses I would go for counting on what they are doing with the role. If she is a fresh start up repoeter, I would go with some like mew, if we are going with someone who been around for awhile then someone like hathaway. But there is so many actresses out there who could do well.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:17 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Do they? I wonder. I saw one of 'em get beaten with the reality stick over on an otherwise Apologist-friendly board a year and change ago. Some nitwit said that Routh was poorly directed in Singerman and so he should get a second chance in the reboot.

Someone (and it wasn't me, that's all I remember) posted something to the effect of "Your story is that Routh did a bad a job in Singerman due to poor direction? Okay, fair enough. But his performance there was pretty much in line with Zack & Miri and Chuck. He comes off pretty much the same in all of those. So your argument then is that Bryan Singer, Kevin Smith and a variety of TV directors ALL suck at directing actors? When they all have otherwise pretty good track records with everyone else they've ever worked with???" The Apologist could only make a jokey remark as a "reply". Because, seriously, wtf do you say to that? How can anybody argue with that?

Mind you, that Realist's theory has only been proven truer since Sam Pilgrim came out.

For my part, the cameo he had in that Gilmore Girls episode as well as a compilation of scenes I saw from his soap opera days only reinforce that stuff. BJ was equally boring, stiff and unexpressive in all those things. He's the same plank of wood in literally everything he does. EVERYTHING. Does every director he works with suck that badly? At what point do we simply have to acknowledge that the guy, nice as he may be, just isn't a good actor??

They really do.

But come on, look at how they all post! They can't spell correctly, can't handle a dissenting opinion, can't provide ANYTHING to back-up their stupid assertions. These are NOT intelligent "people" we are talking about here. They "fell in love" with that talentless asshair, and will say ANYTHING if they think it will help their "cause".

Unfortunately for them, you can't bail out a sunken ship.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 am

I still love Bosworth.......

Honestly, I can't believe how Parker Posey missed playing Lois in Singerman and only got a bit part. She looks like Kidder's daughter! Plus she can actually act, so that obviously went over the head of Singer.....

Like I said before, it must be in Spacey's contract that his beard be hired in a plum role.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Father Finian wrote:I still love Bosworth.......

Honestly, I can't believe how Parker Posey missed playing Lois in Singerman and only got a bit part. She looks like Kidder's daughter! Plus she can actually act, so that obviously went over the head of Singer.....

Like I said before, it must be in Spacey's contract that his beard be hired in a plum role.

Yeah, but she would have just been whipped-cream on top of a shit sundae.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 am

Too true. She probably dodged a bullet there anyway!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Casting Lois Lane Anne-hathaway-stills23

Casting Lois Lane Anne-hathaway-20060508-128689

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you MY Lois Lane...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 am

I would be totally fine with anne as lois. She is pretty good looking. Plus is a very good actress. She has done a wide range of work from dramas to comedy. So I think she would have the right qualities for the role. Plus she is at a prime age range too. Though to we know what the character will be and age range we don't know what they are going to do with the role. Heck it could also end up like gl where they hired someone who is much youn ger then the role is going to be ansd play older. Hopefully we get a good actress and she has good chemistry with clark actor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Casting Lois Lane Anne-hathaway-20060508-128689
Greatest. Anne Hathaway pic. Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Casting Lois Lane Anne-hathaway-20060508-128689
Greatest. Anne Hathaway pic. Ever.

Indeed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:25 am

That ol' "reliable" site comicbookmovienews posted this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=25550

A casting site that'll soon be available for 'Clark Kent' in The Man of Steel, has actress Anne Hathaway being "mentioned" for his love interest 'Lois Lane'. Check it out!

Over at Feature Film Auditions, they make further mention of a casting call for Zack Snyder's reboot of 'The Man of Steel', for principle actors, and soon for extras. The site also covertly lists The Devil Wears Prada actress Anne Hathaway as being "mentioned" for Clark Kent's main squeeze, Lois Lane.

This should come as no surprise being that Warner Bros. is also considering Hathaway for a female role in their final Batman chapter - The Dark Knight Rises.

And in September, actress Natalie Portman was said to be the studios' number one choice for the part of Lois Lane. And she's also on the list of contenders for a role in TDKR. With this, we can assume that all the actresses that were listed for TDKR, could also be considered for the The Man of Steel.

Anyhow, for those who don't know, Lois Lane is Superman's chief romantic interest and, in the current DC continuity, his wife. And like Superman's alter ego Clark Kent, she is a reporter for the Metropolis newspaper, 'The Daily Planet'.

From the listed contenders, Hathaway seems like the most amiable choice, but we have a long wait until the list narrows. So consider this another day, another contender for The Man of Steel, which is targeted for July shoot, soaring into theaters winter 2012.

I'll give a BIG "Hell Yes!" to this little "rumor"....

Oh, and for you colors:

Casting Lois Lane Sexy_Anne_Hathaway_1496
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 am

Meh. Hathaway just seems too "cute". On the other hand, at least she looks feminine, which immediately places her pretty far ahead of the big screen Lois Lanes we've seen up to this point so at least there's that.

On the other hand, I'm sick to fuck of people recommending Jennifer Connelly for every dark haired female comic book character that comes along. She sucks, she looks entirely too plain and boyish, and we've seen her enough movies as it is. If it was a choice between her and Hathaway, gimme 'Lois Wears Prada' for $5,000, Alex. Cripes, I just might skip the reboot if Connelly were to fall ass-backwards into the role of Lois Lane.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:53 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Meh. Hathaway just seems too "cute". On the other hand, at least she looks feminine, which immediately places her pretty far ahead of the big screen Lois Lanes we've seen up to this point so at least there's that.

I'm going to have to ask what movies you have seen her in? You know she has made movies beyond The Princess Diaries, correct?

thec0l0rsblend wrote:On the other hand, I'm sick to fuck of people recommending Jennifer Connelly for every dark haired female comic book character that comes along. She sucks, she looks entirely too plain and boyish, and we've seen her enough movies as it is. If it was a choice between her and Hathaway, gimme 'Lois Wears Prada' for $5,000, Alex. Cripes, I just might skip the reboot if Connelly were to fall ass-backwards into the role of Lois Lane.

Connelly in the mid 90's would have been GREAT as Lois Lane.

Connelly now? No thank you....

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:12 am

I still wouldn't mond if anne was picked for lois. She has the acting skills, she is good looking, is in the proper age range. Plus we already know she is being looked at or was being looked at for batman. So I wouldn't see why she wouldn't be assoicated with superman too. If she was picked I would be happy with her.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm going to have to ask what movies you have seen her in? You know she has made movies beyond The Princess Diaries, correct?
Yup. And to your question, I saw The Devil Wears Prada, Get Smart, bits of Brokeback Mountain and bits of the Princess Diaries. Probably a few other odds and ends too that I can't remember.

In each, she either comes off as "sweet and cute" or else "sweet and cute but trying not to be".

I guess an analogy would be Meg Ryan in Addicted To Love. You ever see that? Basically Meg Ryan plays this tough chick in a leather jacket who's all jaded and whatnot... and in each scene, you just don't believe it.

Kinda the same thing with Tom Hanks in Road To Perdition. He almost sells that "calculating murderer" bit in certain scenes but mostly you just see "Mr. Nice Guy Tom Hanks" no matter what his dialogue or given scene revolves around. The intended effect of him getting shot to pieces by Jude Law therefore plays a lot more tragically than I think the material deserves. Dude was a killer and he got killed by a killer. But since it's Forrest, you empathize more than you probably should.

If she's cast, hey, there's every possibility Hathaway could surprise me and really sell the character as something other than the "sweet and cute" thing (Sandra Bullock did it in Forces of Nature)... but what I've seen her in so far, I just don't expect that to happen.

And just to put it all in perspective, I've seen more of Hathaway than I have of Armie Hammer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next