Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

+5
Apologist Puncher
Rduce
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
non_amos
9 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Probably.

Not sure if I should be pissed off about this or not but for as cool as this picture is, it doesn't really show us a whole lot. For one, obviously the colors have been altered in Photoshop. For two, the smoke and atmosphere make it hard to really get a good idea about what exactly we're seeing.

But whatever.

They showed so much that shows so little. That's HollyWeird for ya.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:03 am

I would like to know if "they" even know it is Earth-2's shield or did someone just look at a picture and say "Oh, that's what it's suppose to look like!"

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:10 am

Rduce wrote:I would like to know if "they" even know it is Earth-2's shield or did someone just look at a picture and say "Oh, that's what it's suppose to look like!"
Unknown and unknowable. At least right now. But Snyder gives the impression of a fair degree of comic book literacy in interviews when he tosses out names ranging from Curt Swan to Jim Lee. If he's as well-read as he'd have us believe, it's easy to think he'd have checked out, at the very least, Crisis On Infinite Earths at some point, if not necessarily the entire Earth-2 oeuvre. It's not that big a stretch.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:14 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Unknown and unknowable. At least right now. But Snyder gives the impression of a fair degree of comic book literacy in interviews when he tosses out names ranging from Curt Swan to Jim Lee. If he's as well-read as he'd have us believe, it's easy to think he'd have checked out, at the very least, Crisis On Infinite Earths at some point, if not necessarily the entire Earth-2 oeuvre. It's not that big a stretch.

I found an old Wizard magazine I had, where he talks about the 'WATCHMEN' comics.

He knows his shit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

I found an old Wizard magazine I had, where he talks about the 'WATCHMEN' comics.

He knows his shit.

Yea, that's what they said about Singer too!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

Rduce wrote:Yea, that's what they said about Singer too!

No, he made it quite CLEAR that he didn't know jack about the comics.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

Wasn't sure where to put this. Ultimately here seems like the best fit.

Martin Pasko via the Eunuch page wrote:"I keep making a terrible pun. I'm reminded of a phrase that's frequently used by the critic John Simon: Only a churl would Cavill. Meaning, he certainly *looks* like the comics' image of the character. And we know he can act, sort of, though so far he hasn't really been called on to do much more onscreen than preen and posture in a sulky pretty-boy sort of way. It will all depend on whether he can sound credibly like he was raised in Kansas or sounds more like James Bond in Spandex. This will make or break the performance, especially if they want us to believe that the adoptive father from whom he's learned Englishis everybody's favorite Walking Bowl of Tapioca, the Bandit of Sherman Oaks. I note with some amusement that the photo seems carefully chosen to be coy about whether he's wearing red panties or not. Beyond that, there's not much to say except that Cavill is fortunate that the bar has not been set very high; after Brandon Routh and his clunky Christopher Reeve impression, there's nowhere to go but up." - Martin Pasko (Comic Book Writer)

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10126

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

nice little find there with the s shield. i am sure snyder does knows his shit for comics, and probably been drawing from vast eras of stuff from costume designs, to character traits, and plotlines. Cant wait to see more, also saw a report claiming more photos are coming soon. cant wait to see what else wb throws at us.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Wasn't sure where to put this. Ultimately here seems like the best fit.

Martin Pasko via the Eunuch page wrote:"I keep making a terrible pun. I'm reminded of a phrase that's frequently used by the critic John Simon: Only a churl would Cavill. Meaning, he certainly *looks* like the comics' image of the character. And we know he can act, sort of, though so far he hasn't really been called on to do much more onscreen than preen and posture in a sulky pretty-boy sort of way. It will all depend on whether he can sound credibly like he was raised in Kansas or sounds more like James Bond in Spandex. This will make or break the performance, especially if they want us to believe that the adoptive father from whom he's learned Englishis everybody's favorite Walking Bowl of Tapioca, the Bandit of Sherman Oaks. I note with some amusement that the photo seems carefully chosen to be coy about whether he's wearing red panties or not. Beyond that, there's not much to say except that Cavill is fortunate that the bar has not been set very high; after Brandon Routh and his clunky Christopher Reeve impression, there's nowhere to go but up." - Martin Pasko (Comic Book Writer)

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10126

He ain't lyin'!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:37 am

I keep having a nagging feeling they want more of a Dark Knight sort of movie. I really don’t feel WB knows their most ICONIC character very well. They sure missed the mark with GL and I believe the only reason the Dark Knight movies were hits, is that Batman touches on the main idea that people are frustrated and angry with how this Nation and the world in general is going. They themselves want to go out and beat the crap out of the wrong doers, so the fantasy of watching Batman do it is therapeutic.

While, Superman started as an ass kicker, he’s evolved in the Big Blue Boy Scout and I really do not see that you can change him that much from what he is to what the WB believes will put butts in seats and have the fans ticked off like the were with SR. Superman is all about doing the right thing, even if it isn’t popular, he is Bright, Bold and brings Hope and any other portrayal is going to fan the flames of discontent with Supes fans.

If this one goes down in flames like Singerman, it may well spell the end for anything other than animation for our hero.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 am

I've long suspected that WB doesn't trust Superman to stand on his own. The majority of Superman animated features have shown him either dead, dying or playing second banana to some other character. I don't think they believe he can captivate anyone's imagination under other circumstances.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 am

After the debacle known as THE MAN OF WOOD, I really do wanna get on board for THE MAN OF STEEL. But with the pic of Cavill this week, I don't know what to think! Oh sure, he looks powerful, certainly a better pic than Blandon BJ, but I still don't know if WB is 'getting it'. I'm sure that I'll plan to see the film ASAP when it's released but we'll probably have to wait until next summer for even a teaser trailer. I have a certain amount of confidence in Zack Snyder but not WB/DC. It's wait & see I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 am

i dont see that myself r, that isnt what superman is. and snyder knows what superman is, and many articles when goyer and nolan came on board they stated they know how difference each character is. they need the character done right this time. making massive changes to how the character is isnt the way to go.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:32 am

As cool as the photo is I found a manip that features the suit with the right color scheme and his tradmark hair curl (Along with a slight adjustments to his hair), however I toke the liberty of shortening the cape and sharpening the quality abit just for keeps!

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Superm10

Consider this as the first manip on this page!!!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 am; edited 9 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:34 am

not a bad manip there comicbook
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:45 am

webhead2006 wrote:not a bad manip there comicbook
01- No it's not.
02- It looks better than yours.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:14 am

well like i said before i dont have photoshop on my laptop and just have the basic editing stuff for a photo from microsoft for brightness/contrast/hue/saturation. so i cant really do much of anything.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Empty Hey WB this is what Superman LOOKS like in case you are wondering!

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:54 pm

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Superman_Ross_007

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Cruised Eyes Skyward to see their reactions. Some of the usual Apologist kerfluffle. "The S-emblem is too big, the cape is too long, the belt buckle looks WEIRD". Shit like that. And I bet they still wonder why no real Superman fan takes them seriously.

However... one of 'em took the Cavill pic into Photoshop and worked to find if there trunks are present or not.

Pirate_Returns wrote:I threw an adjustment layer over it and hey presto, I see red.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 3 Hiresplus-1

Supports my suspicion that the trunks are actually included after all. It's not a smoking gun but it's something.

Some folks honestly don't care if the trunks are present. I question their understanding of what makes The Suit great. But some other folks actively WANT the trunks removed. At least 9 out of 10 of 'em are Apologists too, which goes back to the above about real Superman fans not taking them seriously.

Anywho. More grist for the mill.

I should say that if the trunks are included, I can likely live with anything else this suit has going for it. The cape is right, the boots are right, the belt has the proper oval buckle, etc. All we need are the trunks now. If those are in place, I can probably live with all the other stuff. And, in case I've not been clear on this point, obviously this outfit is a MAJOR improvement over the Singerman tu-tu.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm

totally colors trunks on the suit are the icing to the cake for a proper suit. there is so much better stuff in this suit over singer's mishandled costume. Big s shield, long flowing cape, and proper attachment look, open neckline, good design/size to boots. Only things i want to see is trunks in or out, if there is a s shield on cape(not a dealbreaker if it isnt there), and see it in proper/natural lighting settings so we can see what the real color tone is for the suit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

webhead2006 wrote:totally colors trunks on the suit are the icing to the cake for a proper suit. there is so much better stuff in this suit over singer's mishandled costume. Big s shield, long flowing cape, and proper attachment look, open neckline, good design/size to boots. Only things i want to see is trunks in or out, if there is a s shield on cape(not a dealbreaker if it isnt there),
I've seen some folks claim the cape emblem is partially visible in the reflection on the bank vault door.

Of course, the usual citations are made for skipping the cape emblem- "[Singerman], STAS, JLU and Fleischer didn't have it!" Well. There are reasons for that. The animated shows needed to simplify the animation process where possible. The emblem on the cape would complicate that. A lot.

As for Singerman, (A) nobody involved with that production had the slightest clue as to wtf they were doing (which we've always known but which Snyder's every creative decision has made even more obvious) and (B) Singer and others claimed the removal of it was to simplify the CG animation for the cape... which, if true, I call "bullshit" on. Is it really any harder to include a yellow emblem on a cape when you're already making entirely CG environments, a planetary body that fragments into chunks and splinters and the like? I think not.

As with most things Singerman-related, the "CG" argument is just another bullshit excuse to justify mediocrity. And it won't work around here.

I don't know how everything related to MOS is going to play out. That said, I suspect that when all's said and done, the Apologists will be left completely without a leg to stand on. There will, once and for all, be no more excuses or justifications. Not ever again. Whether in terms of action sequences, box office performance, general moviegoer interest, any criteria you care to apply, I firmly believe that MOS will kick the absolute shit out of Singerman, and everyone involved with that production will be exposed as the frauds and shysters they always were.

and see it in proper/natural lighting settings so we can see what the real color tone is for the suit.
We'll get one. Sooner or later, one will either be released, unintentionally leaked or else snapped on spy camera. In fact, that's the entire point of WB officially releasing a publicity photo first. This way, they can control the conditions under which the costume is first seen and present it in the best way possible rather than be instantly put on the defensive in the event that a less-than-flattering spy picture from a crummy iPhone is leaked to some fan web page.

Not to beat the thing to death here but the difference between the first Singerman promo image vs. the Cavill pic is freaking night and day. One is boring in general and completely unflattering to the actor. The other suggests action and excitement, a strong tougher hero that audiences today expect and which the comics have given us for decades.

Night and day, as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 pm

yup just cant wait to see more from the suit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Since I first posted this the other day, I've had time to think about something. My initial reaction was one of, well, somewhat pissed off! However, I've since thought of something else in relation to Zack Snyder's work, namely WATCHMEN.

Like I've said before I'm not an authority on the Watchmen comics but loved the film. But let's predate me actually seeing the film for the first time. My point here? Seeing the Watchmen COSTUMES online for the first time! Like I said, not an authority on the comics but I knew enough to know that they'd been 'tweaked' some. Nite Owl is one example. If I'm not mistaken, in the comics he had the traditional 'cloth' costume, just like Batman was pictured with a 'cloth' costume in the comics. However, with the 1989 Burton film, suddenly Batman had 'body armor', but I bought it because it actually made sense & the film being great & all didn't exactly hurt either. But back to Watchmen. Nite Owl had that 'scaly' costume. Ozymandias also had a changed costume likewise. I'd say Rorshach was probably one of the most faithful adaptations in appearance.

But the point?! Seeing the costumes online for the first time, well, you could think they sucked, right? But then..........you go to the theater opening weekend & are BLOWN AWAY by the film itself! And Zack Snyder was the director. Soooooo........I'm initially 'turned off' by Superman's 'scaly' costume on duh Internets but..........here's hoping I'm BLOWN AWAY BY THE MAN OF STEEL! Like with WATCHMEN!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm still trying to understand what all the grey is supposed to be. It's on both arms, the left hip and right thigh at least.

What's up with that?

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm still trying to understand what all the grey is supposed to be. It's on both arms, the left hip and right thigh at least.

What's up with that?

That much, I agree with. Between the fish scale texture, the general shine of the material and the piping, I wonder that the design of the thing might be too busy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next