Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

+5
Apologist Puncher
Rduce
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
non_amos
9 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Alf wrote:red trunks
Thanks you. I deduct fan points (and maybe IQ points) from anybody who calls them anything else.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:17 am

I'm coming back to this.

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:All though this may be the start of the marketing of the film I still abit baffled of the lack of yellow between the S of the shield!
There's a school of thought that says if you're going to combine primary colors into one design, at least one color should be desaturated or darkened so that the everything else will stand out. Bryan Singer made the exact wrong choices, mind you, but I suspect that philosophy is at least partly why the Singerman bikini had the bright powder blue body suit and the wine/maroon briefs and cape with the mustard-colored trim.

With MOS, the design theory seems to be amplifying the red, darkening the blue for enhancement thereof and then lightening the yellows to an almost off-white shade so that it's there but isn't calling too much attention to itself. It also makes sense because I don't think there's much else "yellow" on the costume to strengthen the negative "yellow" spacing of the chest emblem. If Snyder had been permitted to include the trunks, belt and cape emblem, I suspect we'd probably see a very different color scheme for this outfit, particularly the yellows.

As it stands, I think it's a pretty strong design on its own merits and I understand the rationale behind a lot of it. One makes do with what one has to work with, after all, and I think Snyder and his designers have done a great job considering they obviously weren't allowed to use The Suit in MOS so they made something as close to it as they could get away with and then designed a color palette to support that design.

And no, I'm not defending the idiotic idea to not use The Suit but (A) I refuse to blame Snyder for it and (B) even I have to admit the MOS outfit is damned close to The Suit... which tells me Snyder would've used The Suit if it was possible.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm coming back to this.

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:All though this may be the start of the marketing of the film I still abit baffled of the lack of yellow between the S of the shield!
There's a school of thought that says if you're going to combine primary colors into one design, at least one color should be desaturated or darkened so that the everything else will stand out. Bryan Singer made the exact wrong choices, mind you, but I suspect that philosophy is at least partly why the Singerman bikini had the bright powder blue body suit and the wine/maroon briefs and cape with the mustard-colored trim.

With MOS, the design theory seems to be amplifying the red, darkening the blue for enhancement thereof and then lightening the yellows to an almost off-white shade so that it's there but isn't calling too much attention to itself. It also makes sense because I don't think there's much else "yellow" on the costume to strengthen the negative "yellow" spacing of the chest emblem. If Snyder had been permitted to include the trunks, belt and cape emblem, I suspect we'd probably see a very different color scheme for this outfit, particularly the yellows.

As it stands, I think it's a pretty strong design on its own merits and I understand the rationale behind a lot of it. One makes do with what one has to work with, after all, and I think Snyder and his designers have done a great job considering they obviously weren't allowed to use The Suit in MOS so they made something as close to it as they could get away with and then designed a color palette to support that design.

And no, I'm not defending the idiotic idea to not use The Suit but (A) I refuse to blame Snyder for it and (B) even I have to admit the MOS outfit is damned close to The Suit... which tells me Snyder would've used The Suit if it was possible.

Well, just to clarify, there IS yellow in the symbol. I just think how much it stands out fluctuates with the lighting, and with magazine covers, how much re-touching is done to the final image:

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 120711-SupCCI1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 pm

It's no secret around here that I too would prefer they go with 'the Suit' but that looks decent for what it is. Certainly better than Singerman did. It also looks masculine unlike Singerman. I'm just glad to know though that at least Snyder tried but we can thank lawsuits for that! Mad

I'm sure though that this new suit will be a hit with the general public at large. Why? Because they're not hardcore fans! To us, they're red trunks. To them, they're underwear. I mean, I couldn't even tell you how many years ago it was now that when Superman had some kind of milestone or something that happened to make the news, that the newscaster would close it out with a comment like, "And he still wears his underwear on the outside of his pants!" Or they'd say something like, "And his hair is still blue!" So apparently that's how the average non-fan approaches this. So my prediction is that the new suit will be a hit of sorts because those people will finally have gotten their wish. And no doubt since this will also be a manly Superman the young kids will also embrace it. Whatever. The main thing though is that the film is a box office smash.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 am

Excellent post and one I fully agree with.

As for the magazine cover, some say it's photoshopped and Cavill's head is from the 2011 EW cover. I don't know and I don't care. Dude looks like Superman either way and that I do care about.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Well, just to clarify, there IS yellow in the symbol. I just think how much it stands out fluctuates with the lighting, and with magazine covers, how much re-touching is done to the final image:

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 120711-SupCCI1

Every time I see the pictures of this suit, the coloring is different. Must be very responsive and adaptive material. Really intrigued to see how it looks like in the trailer.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 pm

USAToday.com has just release the very first scene photo from MOS and the first MOS related stuff since the trailer. About damn time!!! Rolling Eyes

Check it out...
BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 530375_504008079644399_1938478623_n

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Here's what gets me. I saw this earlier this afternoon on Facebook. I mean, we know there's no trunks, right? So why do they keep showing stuff in action where you can't really make out anything?! Look at the recent trailer. About the only 'full frontal' shot we get of Cavill is when he's slamming into the bank vault & that's so brief as to be insignificant. Otherwise we see either his face, from the back, the side, you name it. But it's like they're still being mysterious about the trunk area. I mean, they already said 'no trunks'. Snyder even said they wouldn't let him use the trunks. So why the mystery? Why continue to be ambiguous about this or whatever? I just don't get it. scratch
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 am

non_amos wrote:Here's what gets me. I saw this earlier this afternoon on Facebook. I mean, we know there's no trunks, right? So why do they keep showing stuff in action where you can't really make out anything?! Look at the recent trailer. About the only 'full frontal' shot we get of Cavill is when he's slamming into the bank vault & that's so brief as to be insignificant. Otherwise we see either his face, from the back, the side, you name it. But it's like they're still being mysterious about the trunk area. I mean, they already said 'no trunks'. Snyder even said they wouldn't let him use the trunks. So why the mystery? Why continue to be ambiguous about this or whatever? I just don't get it. scratch
Guess I didn't see it that they were creating ambiguity on that so much as just not telling us pretty much anything.

In and of itself, that is a cool pic though. Shows off some of the detailing and texture on the outfit (don't feel comfortable calling it The Suit yet) and again hints to the military aspect of the plot. Since Zod stuff seems to be on the down low (for whatever dopey reason), I guess stuff like this is about the best we can hope for.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 am

Here's my "guesstimate" as to why they aren't focusing on the crotchal-region. Yet.:

When the film comes out, the early reviews ARE going to mention the absence of the trunks. Repeatedly and often. Many to poke fun and belittle.

So why let THAT cat out of the bag now, get mainstream attention on it that all those unofficial pics didn't, and possibly turn people off the film? We all know how fickle the "mainstream" audience is, and how any jokes thrown 'MOS' way can make people respect what they are trying to do LESS.

That's my opinion, anyway. And you all know I would in no way "defend" what the Bros. Warner have been doing in regards to promotion for this film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 pm

I just found this on my Facebook & it comes from the 'unofficial' Facebook page for MOS that I'm sure all of you guys know exactly where it's at with 2013 in the address:

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 9 Z_man_10

100% trunkless but screaming 120% Superman! And I assume that's Smallville he's in? Can't friggin' wait!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9