Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit?

+3
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Go down

What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit?

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_lcap20%Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_lcap40%Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_lcap20%Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_lcap0%Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_lcap0%Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Empty Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Now that we've seen what it looks like, up-close and everything in-between, what's your opinion now?

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-48

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-47

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-52

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-38

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-15
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Empty Re: Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit?

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 pm

For me it's quite obvious... I like it, even without the trunks!!! Which is exactly what I voted for BTW!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Empty Re: Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 pm

I like it myself. Pros, suits materials its made from, s shield shape/size, cape material/cape attachment, boots, and colors. Cons just lack of trunks and the barely there "belt".
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:For me it's quite obvious... I like it, even without the trucks!!! Which is exactly what I voted for BTW!

Hey, can anyone point out where THESE have EVER been on Superman's costume???

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? Skateboard-trucks
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:38 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:For me it's quite obvious... I like it, even without the trunks!!! Which is exactly what I voted for BTW!

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? You_re10
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 am

Really the trunks are the one thing that are missing from the enterprise. I look at that outfit and it just BEGS to have the trunks included.

That said, I like the colors (someone finally realized how to do a proper color balance with this thing), the textures took some getting used to but I'm okay with them and I really like the boots. They look just like the ones in the comics. No Chris Reeve hooker boots or BJ Blandon Ace Frehley shoes here.

I also dig the kinda sorta Earth 2 type of chest emblem. It's decidedly Superman without looking too familiar.

Overall, this outfit looks as good as it possibly can without the trunks. That's no easy trick. Snyder can say what whatever he wants but between the New 52, Smallville- Season 11 and this movie, there's a clear agenda by someone to move away from the trunks. Three times? That's enemy action. So I'm not prepared to blame him for the missing trunks.

Bottom line? I can learn to live with this costume, esp if the movie is as good as it should be.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:34 am

non_amos wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:For me it's quite obvious... I like it, even without the trunks!!! Which is exactly what I voted for BTW!

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? You_re10

So now I'm hearing that I'm the only who likes the MOS suit huh?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah, I intend to support the film too. It just bugs me, ya know? It reminds me more of ULTRAMAN like I mentioned when the initial pics first appeared. Nevertheless at least it doesn't look 'effeminate' like duh Singerman tutu.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:46 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah, I intend to support the film too. It just bugs me, ya know? It reminds me more of ULTRAMAN like I mentioned when the initial pics first appeared. Nevertheless at least it doesn't look 'effeminate' like duh Singerman tutu.
Hey man, around here you're NEVER going to have to justify preferring The Suit to whatever new designs are coming down the pipeline. The character looked a certain way for over 70 years. Changes to that look (and that's what eliminating the trunks is) will naturally provoke a reaction.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 am

Ok, here we go. My two cents. Im just going to start with the biggest issue and get it over with. The Trunks. Im over that, in this particular case . I of course, never had any problems with The Suit. And in my opinion, people who do, can't call themselves Superman fans. I don't blame Snyder as I'd be willing to bet almost anything that he had no choice in the matter. Looking at how DC is removing the trunks from every new incarnation that comes along (52, Smallville...) and how WB themselves were going for more ´´drastic`` redesigns of The Suit with every movie planned before Singerman, the removal of the trunks didn't really shock me. I expected it.

That said, I was kind of mad when I first saw the spy pictures of Cavill in the suit. It looked off, wrong and just....well, wrong. When you are reading comics (and watching cartoons, films, series etc) of Superman for 12 years, as I was at the time, your eyes and brains are so used to that iconic image, there's no way it isn't going to look WRONG.

However, since then I have warmed up to the suit a great deal.

In my opinion, the MOS suit has the best (and most comic book faithful) boots to date. As well as the cape attachment. The cape itself is great as well. Some complain it is too long, but I don't get how or why. It will look glorious in motion thanks to its length. The shield is the perfect size and placement. I also love the vintage Earth 2 inspired shape of it (some think it's too...´´fat``, ekhm...whatever).

The red is rich and vibrant. The blue...well, that I will judge when I see some footage. There seems to be stark contrast between some photos. In some it looks very dark blue in some (like the photo of Cavill with the Kid) a very bright kind of navy blue. I realize it's all in the lightning but even so, I always liked a combination of navy blue with vibrant red.

As for the texture and the lines around the waist and legs, well, it grew on me. I think those lines do an adequate job of trying to make up for the lack of trunks, simply because I don't find the design intrusive or overdone. In other words, It doesn't jump out and fuck me in the eyes.

One thing I noticed in the high texture photos of the suit was that, that chainmail like patterns seem to be added on to the bodysuit and are not a part of it as I first thought. They also appear very dark, almost like a mix of black and dark blue (the bodysuit underneath is brigther) and metallic, which would explain the shine they give off.

Now, here's the sad part. If they removed this chainmail pattern, underneath is what appears to be a perfectly good texture for a ´´modern`` live screen Superman suit. Remove those lines around the waist and legs and add the trunks and VOILA! We'd have THE BEST Superman costume ever created (outside of comics of course), IMO, naturally. Of course, it didn't happen. Someone, or rather everyone as the case seems to be, at DC and WB seems to think the trunks were Superman's problem.

You know, I just don't know. At the end of the day, WB isn't making this film just to cater us. They are making it for the masses. And they are also the ones putting a huge amount of money into the movie so I guess it's up to them to do as they please. I think it was completely unnecessary but I can see why they'd think they need to ´´modernize`` or ´´update`` The Suit. And if that had to happen, Im just thankful it turned out the way it did. And I think we can thank Snyder for that. Again, Im sure he'd pull it off differently if he had a say in this matter. And somehow, with this suit, I think he nailed the classic/modern/old/new hybrid.

At the end of the day, the MOS suit still looks like a Superman suit. It screams Superman much much more than the Singerman costume, which has all the parts of The Suit, but all of them done wrong. And what will really matter in the end, is how good the film is and just how Cavill can sell the suit even more. If he nails it and the film is as good as we all hope it is, I don't see why I'd let the lack of trunks ruin that for me.

I wanted to wait with the voting until I saw some footage, to see how prominent the chainmail texture will be and how the colors will look but I decided to vote anyway. I voted that I love it. Because if I look at it without my biased eyes, used to The Suit, I think the design and the overall impression of the MOS suit, is really fantastic. And because I think that this is suit is about as good as it get's if they were going to mess with The Suit. It will never be as good as The Suit, but on it's own merits, it's still a wonderful Superman costume. And I am positive that Zack will make it look even better on film and hopefully he'll use his skills to make the lack of trunks less prominent.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:54 pm

But in reference to the lack of trunks, how are they gonna explain Cavill's 'junk' in this family-friendly film? Little kid asks his Mom or Dad, "What's that?!" Response? "Oh son (or daughter, especially), that's just his SUPER BABY-MAKER." But of course older people are gonna know exactly what it is! But it should still be 'kid-friendly' like THE AVENGERS is. They shouldn't be drawing unwanted attention. Snyder, remember the BIG BLUE DONG?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:14 pm

non_amos wrote:But in reference to the lack of trunks, how are they gonna explain Cavill's 'junk' in this family-friendly film? Little kid asks his Mom or Dad, "What's that?!" Response? "Oh son (or daughter, especially), that's just his SUPER BABY-MAKER." But of course older people are gonna know exactly what it is! But it should still be 'kid-friendly' like THE AVENGERS is. They shouldn't be drawing unwanted attention. Snyder, remember the BIG BLUE DONG?

My guess is they'll ´´iron it out`` in post production. Though, good question. I myself don't have a problem with that, he's a man and men have those parts. But, will the kid's notice it? Never thought about that. It's funny because Reeve had a metal...something (I forgot what exactly) in that place, because the producers thought it should ´´stick out``. And it is noticeable, but the trunks do help to smooth it out.

We'll see when the footage hits. I personally don't care. Im not drawn to that area and I don't look at it because I take it for granted, but I do see why it would bother some. In some shots it does seem to be a bit above the normal bulge you see in athletes and such.

My guess? It'll be barely noticeable in the film. But then again, I realize im being a tad apologetic towards the MOS suit, but that is probably just because im sick of seeing people who hate Superman on default and Singerman fanboys bash the suit, for the wrong reasons.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Alf you are right if there is any package issues probably be alter in post, or just not a lot of full body frontal shots.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm on the fence. Those photos compliment the suit better than the onset photos that got leaked. The seem more colorful here, still dark but I'll go along with that.

Right now I'm just anxious for a screencap of what this flick will look like. I always said Superman films need to be big bright and bold looking, which Singer's film lacked. If Snyder's film looks as desaturated and murky as that official still with Supes outside a vault, well I'll be pretty disappointed.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Well you do have to remember we don't know type of lighting, camera filters, or any post color correction the suit will get for the film. That can greatly change look on screen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 am

webhead2006 wrote:Well you do have to remember we don't know type of lighting, camera filters, or any post color correction the suit will get for the film. That can greatly change look on screen.

No shit, really? Suspect Razz Very Happy
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm

non_amos wrote:But in reference to the lack of trunks, how are they gonna explain Cavill's 'junk' in this family-friendly film? Little kid asks his Mom or Dad, "What's that?!" Response? "Oh son (or daughter, especially), that's just his SUPER BABY-MAKER." But of course older people are gonna know exactly what it is! But it should still be 'kid-friendly' like THE AVENGERS is. They shouldn't be drawing unwanted attention. Snyder, remember the BIG BLUE DONG?

Let's see how they react to THIS first, shall we?:

Poll: What Do YOU Think Of The 'Man Of Steel' Suit? The-amazing-spider-man-2012-suit-d64e6
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down