Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

+5
lib
non_amos
Father Finian
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 11 Empty Re: 10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Father Finian wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, if that were true, why is he called 'Superboy' in the Young Justice cartoon? Why not just call him "Conner"? And if it's true that they are considering a 'Superboy' spin-off, that makes even LESS sense.

You want logic in the Superman world?

What Colors recalls is right, as far as I remember it too. And his memory is probably better than mine!

I think it's more than just a name, it's more the whole concept of old school Superboy and who really created the idea of a guy from Krypton living in Smallville with his adopted parents, the Kents. And also happens to wear a particular red & blue costume.....You won't see that version of Superboy again.

You mean THIS one?:
10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 11 Lsh-firstlook
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 am

LOL, wtf do I know?

Is that something new?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 am

Father Finian wrote:LOL, wtf do I know?

Not much, apparently......

Kidding.

Is that something new?

It actually came out in 2005-2006, I believe. 'The Legion of Superheroes' is what it was called. I never saw it, so don't ask me if it's any good or not.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Father Finian wrote:LOL, wtf do I know?

Not much, apparently......

Kidding.
To be fair, I don't think they actually called him "Superboy" on that show. That's pretty much who he was but they called him Superman, as I recall.

Is that something new?

It actually came out in 2005-2006, I believe. 'The Legion of Superheroes' is what it was called. I never saw it, so don't ask me if it's any good or not.....
It's... okay. I've only seen maybe just over half of the first season (there were two, I think). It's a show written for kids but not in a bad way. It's not my fave animated version of Superman (or even close) but it's fun.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 am

thecolorsblend wrote:To be fair, I don't think they actually called him "Superboy" on that show. That's pretty much who he was but they called him Superman, as I recall.

Phew, thanks. Actually I think that was a case in point. A young Superman as opposed to "Superboy"

I'm still pretty sure it's a copyright issue that costs them a lot more if they want to use the "classic" Superboy, as opposed to Superman or their own creation, Conner Kent.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 am

Father Finian wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:To be fair, I don't think they actually called him "Superboy" on that show. That's pretty much who he was but they called him Superman, as I recall.

Phew, thanks. Actually I think that was a case in point. A young Superman as opposed to "Superboy"

I'm still pretty sure it's a copyright issue that costs them a lot more if they want to use the "classic" Superboy, as opposed to Superman or their own creation, Conner Kent.
I think something you and I are going to have to agree on is how freakin illogical it is that "Superboy" is somehow considered a separate and distinct creation from "Superman". Whoever thought that up should be kicked in the shins. You can have Superman without Superboy; however, you cannot have Superboy without the future expectation (whether fulfilled or not) of Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

K-Site wrote:UPDATED 3/9/11: More finale appearances: TVLine first reported and it has been confirmed in a podcast that Allison Mack will be making an appearance as Chloe Sullivan. Additionally, in an interview at SmallvillePodcast.com, John Schneider reveals that he, too, has a role in the series' final episode. And again, those aren't the only people making their returns.

URL- http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

For the bolded thing, I'm not sure if Craig is talking about known stuff like O'Toole and Rosenbaum or if other, unannounced people are coming back too.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Ya there isn't many other folks left it could be. Unless maybe its is jl cast members, cause there was a report when finale pt 2 was shooting that jl members where on set. Only other person would be kristin but I don't see her coming.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya there isn't many other folks left it could be. Unless maybe its is jl cast members, cause there was a report when finale pt 2 was shooting that jl members where on set. Only other person would be kristin but I don't see her coming.
I swear to have read somewhere that Callum Blue would be coming back as Zod. Was I imagining things? Did anything ever pan out there? Can't find any info about that either way.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Ya colors callum returned, he will be in episode 19 domion that been shooting this past week. Also I saw the other day while over at sv shh board that callum may be sporting a beard for zod return.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I believe they didn't call him either for the first season. But I remember him definitely being a boy in the first episode. I saw the first few minutes once.

It's... okay. I've only seen maybe just over half of the first season (there were two, I think). It's a show written for kids but not in a bad way. It's not my fave animated version of Superman (or even close) but it's fun.

Three seasons, actually. They had two "Supermen" at the end.
10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 11 Legion-superman

I have NO idea.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 am

John Schneider let's loose some *Spoilers*:
http://www.smallvillepodcast.com/2011/03/10/shoe-exclusive-john-schneider-talks-kent/
]b]SHoE Exclusive: John Schneider Talks “Kent”[/b]

One of the things I will take with me forever when Smallville and SHoE are done is getting to know & become friends with John Schneider over the past few years. Last month, I helped John out with one of his appearances in Birmingham, AL. We talked about “Kent” a bit & whether or not we’ll be seeing Pa Kent again before it is all said and done. You can check it out after the jump! Be advised some spoilers lie within!

Interview by Derek Russell (Please don’t re-post without citing www.smallvillepodcast.com)

SHoE: So, it has been a crazy weekend and really loud around here. If the audio doesn’t work from this we might just have to do text on the website.

Schneider: We’ve done worse over the years.

SHoE: When we last saw Jonathan, he was working on the fence as if he’d never really left. How different are things now, this late into the final season, than they were back in September?

Schneider: Tough to say. Jonathan exists in 2nd Earth and has had a very different path than the Jonathan we all know. I can’t tell you how different though, but far different than how we saw him at the beginning of the season.

SHoE: So, this is not the same Jonathan we saw encouraging his son at the farm in ‘Lazarus’. We’re back in an alternate universe, right?

Schneider: Correct. Earth 2. This Jonathan is so different you can’t believe it!

SHoE: It probably won’t provide much clarity to help the viewers understand just exactly what ‘Jonathan’ was in the premiere then, I’d assume?

Schneider: It doesn’t really touch on the interaction in the season opener at all. But I’m hoping my next one will.

SHoE: Then it is safe to assume we’ll be seeing you again for the finale?

Schneider: I am returning to Vancouver, yes. No idea what they have in store for me yet, but I’m returning. So excited.

SHoE: You’ve told me before a couple of ways you’d love to see the series end. One involved Clark opening an old closet door on the farm and taking the suit off a hanger and closing the door and the screen going black (if you had directed it). Another involved a pep talk with Jonathan as he put the cape around Clark. Seeing as how this one of the last 5 episodes of the series, Rosenbuam is returning as Lex, and they have now devoted 2 hours to the final episode, do you have another idea of how you would love to see it end in its final moments?

Schneider: I still feel it needs to end with Jonathan sending him off once and for all. Or Jonathan and Jor-El together (like) Yoda and Obi-Wan. Like I said, not sure how it’s going to play out but I feel strongly that Jonathan should be there in the end to see Superman.

SHoE: What was like it to come back again after five years and after the response you received at Comic Con this past summer?

Schneider: It felt like I was the homecoming King! I’ve enjoyed every minute of Jonathan’s return this year and am so happy to have been a part of the show again.

SHoE: Now, in ‘Kent’, Who all is Jonathan interacting with this time around? Did you have any scenes with John Glover or Cassidy Freeman?

Schneider: Again this time, my main interaction is with Clark. And some mourners at a certain someone’s funeral. I have to leave it at that though, I’m afraid.

SHoE: Well, I do know you’re a big fan of the Clark/Jonathan dynamic in scripts. Was there anything specific about this episode that you loved?

Schneider: There is a bit of a switch in this one. A changing of or turning of the guard this time around. An opportunity for Clark to give Jonathan the strength to move forward for once instead of the other way around. It’s quite a wonderful script. Some beauitful moments. Jeannot [Szwarc] was the perfect director for this one!

SHoE: During your time on Smallville, was there anything that Jonathan never got to do that you wish he’d done?

Schneider: Oh, I still wish Jonathan had been trapped with Lionel for a few days somewhere. An entire episode devoted to it. Just so they could have found out more about each other. What made them tick.

SHoE: What are you working on now? Well, I know, but the people watching need to know! And is there anything you’d love to tell your Smallville fans?

Schneider: I sold a half-hour pilot to Nick at Night and a feature to be shot in Louisiana in the fall. Other than that…. My follow through!
But, I want to thanks the fans of Smallville for the privilege of being Jonathan Kent. I have had a blast coming back. I will miss the farm.

“Kent” airs when Smallville returns April 15th on The CW
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:54 am

Good find, thanks! cheers

If I have a criticism about the show this season, it's been that I originally thought it was going to somewhat mirror season 1. You know? It would show points/counterpoints to some stuff Clark experienced in season 1 mostly but other seasons too. Maybe putting him in similar situations but watching him handle himself more in line with how Superman would.

I also figured we'd see tons of familiar faces from previous seasons come back.

We've arguably gotten a solid helping of the latter... but the former seemed to be set up so clearly in Lazarus, Homecoming and this year's opening credits but I've not seen tons of follow through there.

They're moving Clark believably toward The Suit, I have no criticism there, I just thought this final season would feel like (A) a "sequel"/counterpoint to season 1 and (B) SV's greatest hits. The greatest hits thing is being handled well but I really wish the season 1 mirror/point/counterpoint/whatever thing had been more fully played with.

Still a great season of the show though.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Cool interview with john s about the upcoming episode titled kent. Can't wait to see a little more of that alt world. Also can't wait to see him in the finale too.

As for the legion toon. From what I remember when it aired in the first season he was like 16-18 yrs old I don't recall the actual age. Ad was just about to move to metropolis for a internship at the daily planet. When the legion members grabbed him. But then when the future other superman came in kalel returned to legion time but he was like 3 yrs ollder and had offically began his career as superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Father Finian wrote:

I think something you and I are going to have to agree on is how freakin illogical it is that "Superboy" is somehow considered a separate and distinct creation from "Superman". Whoever thought that up should be kicked in the shins. You can have Superman without Superboy; however, you cannot have Superboy without the future expectation (whether fulfilled or not) of Superman.

It's crazy, isn't it. And a classic example of how "finicky" copyright laws and rights can be.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:58 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Only other person would be kristin but I don't see her coming.

Thank f*ck for that.

No, that's being churlish. I suppose she deserves a farewell too. As long as it's just a quick cameo.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 pm

[quote="Apologist Puncher"]John Schneider let's loose some *Spoilers*:
http://www.smallvillepodcast.com/2011/03/10/shoe-exclusive-john-schneider-talks-kent/
]b]SHoE Exclusive: John Schneider Talks “Kent”[/b]

Thanks for that.

Have to say though I'm hoping for more Superman than what Schneider suggests.

I've said it before but, with the amount of people returning for the finale lets hope they can squeeze some Superman into the mix.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt the Talon in the final episode too, the way things are going.

To be honest though, Smallville's silent film community were dealt a savage blow when that joint blew up.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Ya there needs to be more to superman in finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 pm

At this point, who all's coming back for the finale? Off the top of my head, I think we've got...

* Allison Mack
* Michael Rosenbaum
* Annette O'Toole
* John Schneider
* Laura Vandervoort

Am I missing anyone?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Colors I don't think laura is in finale when she was on set a week or so ago it was for shooting episode 20 prophecy. But they could have shot some extra stuff of her when she did filming to be used in finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 am

Kristin Kreuk wrote:"I thought this would be an issue for some people... To clarify, I love the people on Smallville: Kelly, Brian, Erica, Tom, the cast, the crew, etc. I think they are wonderful and that they make a great show. And, as you all know, it is so awe-some and rare to build a TV show that lasts 10 seasons. I am fairly certain I will watch this final episode at some point. The way the question was phrased in the interview I answered honestly. It does not mean anything about how much I love/respect the people involved with the show (or the fans of the show)."

"Okay, I will answer this... Please appreciate how delicate I want to be with this. There are many people who are just waiting for me to say something that they can hate me for. And there are many people who really want the best for Lana. And there are many people who want the best for Smallville itself. As do I. I want the best for the show and for the character I played."

"To be honest, I do not believe there was ever a real offer for me to come back. Though, I am pretty sure that if I showed interest in returning Kelly and Brian would find a way to fit me in."

"I think her story is done. I am not sure how her coming back changes Clark's story any longer. He has moved forward. As he was always supposed to do. As Lana would have wanted him to do."

"One thing: when I said there wasn't a real offer for me to come back, I meant for the series finale specifically."

"Erica, Allison and I have spoken about the intensity of this fandom on many occasion. It's wild because we love each other so very much. I know that the hate is not about me, as it is not about them... I know there is some intense feeling people have about the show and whatever it means to them."

URL- https://www.facebook.com/people/KristinLaura-Kreuk/100002080937526

Sleep
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Glad she isn't returning. Didn't care for lana after season two.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Glad she isn't returning. Didn't care for lana after season two.
I rather enjoyed her in season 7. A kind of heroic villain or a villainous hero or something. They weren't writing her as the perfect pretty pink princess anymore and I thought the episodes were better for it. They goofed up like mad with her in season 8 but I honestly have no complaints about her treatment in season 7.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:11 pm

[quote="thecolorsblend"]
Kristin Kreuk wrote:......I am fairly certain I will watch this final episode at some point.

Well, that's big of you. I guess it might be hard to fit it into your busy schedule.......

Go away Kreuk. Trust "Lana" to pour cold water on the festivities. How "in character" of her.

Seriously though, what an odd statement.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 pm

well alot of actors take for example johnny depp, dont watch their own work/show and all that. Plus she did say in the interview she hasnt kept up with it. But ya who cares.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next