Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.08, Abandoned (spoilers)

4 posters

Go down

10.08, Abandoned (spoilers) Empty 10.08, Abandoned (spoilers)

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Teri Hatcher guest stars as Ella Lane in this episode.

Back to top Go down

10.08, Abandoned (spoilers) Empty Re: 10.08, Abandoned (spoilers)

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Can't wait for next week. We got granny, godfrey, desaad and female furies. We learn more about tess history. Plus appearance of hatcher as lois dead mom via vhs tapes. Also we are getting julian sands and helen slater as jorel/lara can't wait to see them.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Well tonight was the eigth episode of season title. Which was entitled "Abandoned". Written By: Drew Landis & Julia Swift directed by Kevin Fair. It featured julian sands/helen slater as jorel and lara, granny goodness/desaad/godfrey and the female furies. It was a very interesting episode tonight.

Drew and julia wrote a great script tonight. It was well written, good drama and action all around. They wrote lois/clark/tess great tonight. They all had alot to work with. Kevin tonight did another great work directing. I have enjoyed his work through the yrs. The lighting, direction of cast, and blocking and movement was all good. I thought he pulled out another good one tonight.

The plot tess learning her whole life was a fake was an interesting play. To lead her back to granny. While this is going on lois is tempted to watch her mom's videos to her. And clark has his problems with jorel at the fos.

I liked how they played up the granny goodness story. I think it was great to finally getting darkseid storyline finally moving. It hasnt had much action yet this season. Which i hope will change now. Also the female furies were pretty dam cool tonight. They had some good fight scenes with clark and tess. Hope we get to see more of them later.

The teri hatcher cameo scene was done well. They were so right it was a heart warming and touching scene. It was very sad. I totally felt like i was about to cry during it. Teri did great tonight. Its great they finally got her to appear on the show. Even for how small of a scene it was.

Also loved how lois went to the fos to help get jorel and clark make peace. The jorel/lara scene was great, I loved we finally got to see a hologram of them both. Sands and slater did great tonight. IT was a good scene for them. Also love that things are good between them now. Plus its great lois and clark are there for engangment stuff/marriage. Lois finding a thing from her mom. And clark already buying a ring for lois. That was sweet.

The end was pretty cool too with tess remembering her getting dumped at granny. And who her real parents are. I am a bit pissed she is a luthor. I was hoping that rumor wouldnt pan out. also it looks like her mom was pamela, if i remember right she was lex's nanny from season one. if so a great play back to past relationship of lionel.

Acting was great all around tonight. Tom was great with the lois love scenes, dealing with jorel, and caring and helpful to tess. Tom played it all well tonight. Also it seems like he wasnt in the episode to much. But he usually is in an episode less when he is directing the next episode. So i can forgive it cause of that. Plus the episode was more for granny and tess.

Erica was great as lois. She has been doing great this season. I love how she is developing this yr. Erica has been playing lois very good. Cant wait to see where things go with her for the rest of the season.

Cassidy was great tonight. Finally got to have a big part of an episode. Glad to see her get more action tonight. She had a great fight scene with furies and her scenes with granny was pretty good. Cassidy has great range in emotion and plays it well. Also curious to see where things go now that she knows lionel was her dad.

The actress playing granny tonight was great. A very solid pick and i think she played granny well. She was strong, bold, and very creepy. All great marks for the role. I loved that we finally got some insights on her and darkseid minions. I really hope we get alot more of them now.

All and all a very great episode tonight. Enjoyed it from start to finished. I hope we got good ratings tonight. It was another top notch episode for the show. Also promo for next week was great. Cant wait to see slade, aquaman and mera. Looks to be a good one.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:28 am

I can aready picture the Apologists and supposed purists bitching and moaning about Granny's altered abilities. And I can even sympathize. Slightly. But (A) I don't want to see some 60+ year old doing SV-style wire-fu and (B) the alterations make thematic sense for the episode.

I'm sick of Tess. I'm sick of her melodramatic backstory. I'm sick of "learning Tess Mercer's true origins" every motherfucking season. She was never that interesting but the non-stop "shocking revelations" aren't helping. At all. It's hard to envision any character becoming as annoying as Lana was at her peak... but that doesn't make Tess and her crap any easier to deal with. Geeze, that character just sucks. Oddly though, I really dig on Cassidy Freeman. So hmm.

The Sands/Slater bit played amazingly. I'd forgotten they would be in this episode and I guess was taking a bite off my burrito when their credits came across the screen so their appearance was a complete shock to me. But a welcome one. I dig on Sands as Jor-El. Same goes for Slater as Lara. Again, it fit perfectly with the theme of the episode of the various characters dealing with (occasionally unwelcome) parental reconciliation.

Whatsername Hartley did okay. I don't know if she's an actress by trade but (A) some of those lines would've been a little challenging even for a veteran and (B) she did well for herself 99% of the time.

Clark taking down the Whip Chick (whose name escapes me) was a cool little moment too. Dug on it.

Overall, I'm not quite ready to give this a total 5 (the Tess crapola keeps that from happening, integral to the plot though it may be). So 4.5/5? I'd say so.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 am

totally loved the teri, and slater/sands scenes. They were well acted and emotional scenes. As for tess i dont have any problems with her myself. I agree cassidy is doing great work in the show though. I didnt want her to be a luthor. But hey it worked for the story they are doing and now tess is a comics character officially. Which is neat. Plus tieing her into pamela was cool too. Nice nod back to lionel past loves and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

10.08, Abandoned (spoilers) Empty 10x8 Abandoned (beware spoilers)

Post  non_amos Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 am

Colors, I've already SEEN duh apologists whine about Granny Goodness over at duh Homopage! I don't feel like looking up any specific link but it was in the comments section of one of their Smallville 'articles'. As you ALREADY know, their 'brood' ain't exactly pro-Smallville all the time.

I don't claim to really be familiar with this character but I know I've seen the comics picture her as an old MUSCLE-BOUND woman, actually humongous! Well, guess what? Some of duh apologists complained that the show didn't use a FEMALE BODYBUILDER! First of all I don't think you'd find many old women in that kind of shape. They could've gone the route of a female bodybuiler I suppose & could've 'aged' her through makeup & all & WHY they didn't, I don't know. But I think the REAL point is THIS. Duh apologists can't seem to be thankful for ANYTHING some 90-something % of the time! It actually reminds you of how Fagley feels about Smallville & rips on it at will. And duh sheeple follow their leaders.

Don't fret apologists! Smallville will soon be off the air & you want have to worry about it anymore! But I bet the DVDs will still sell well! bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am

non_amos wrote:Colors, I've already SEEN duh apologists whine about Granny Goodness over at duh Homopage! I don't feel like looking up any specific link but it was in the comments section of one of their Smallville 'articles'. As you ALREADY know, their 'brood' ain't exactly pro-Smallville all the time.
A link? Haha, cripes, I give you kudos just for the having fortitude to wade through the muck.

I don't claim to really be familiar with this character but I know I've seen the comics picture her as an old MUSCLE-BOUND woman, actually humongous! Well, guess what? Some of duh apologists complained that the show didn't use a FEMALE BODYBUILDER! First of all I don't think you'd find many old women in that kind of shape. They could've gone the route of a female bodybuiler I suppose & could've 'aged' her through makeup & all & WHY they didn't, I don't know. But I think the REAL point is THIS. Duh apologists can't seem to be thankful for ANYTHING some 90-something % of the time! It actually reminds you of how Fagley feels about Smallville & rips on it at will. And duh sheeple follow their leaders.
Maybe someone should tell the Apologists that most body builders can't act. So go on, find a body builder... but she wouldn't be able to carry the dialogue scenes required of Granny in the episode. Had they gone that route, duh Apologists would've bitched about the lousy acting.

Actually, there is an obvious, Apologist-friendly alternative we both forgot about. They could've hired a huge guy to play the part of Granny. 10:1 that would've been, ahem, "satisfied" them.

Don't fret apologists! Smallville will soon be off the air & you want have to worry about it anymore! But I bet the DVDs will still sell well! bounce
Pretty much. But I think of it like this- in getting season 2 (and 3 and 4 and 5 and...), Smallville long ago got that which Singerman will never have... (the TV equivalent of) a sequel.

Chew on that, Apologist douchebags.

But, as ever, I don't want to hear the Apologists, of all people, whine and cry about changes to the comics. They gave up that right when they fell in love with Singerman. They bet on the wrong horse; no tradebacks.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 pm

yea folks shouldnt bitch about little changes here and there with the show. Uts always going to do things slightly different due to budget, story, and restrictions from DC. I thought granny was just fine.

Abandoned ratings are up:
www.twitter.com/mattmitovich
#SMALLVILLE 'Abandoned' delivers 2.9 million viewers, places #2 in demos. That's real *and* spectacular!
less than 20 seconds ago via web
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Not a bad episode at all.

I'm in love with Erica Durance.

And the whole "Tess is a Luthor" thing was interesting, but not shocking....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm

I do agree erica has been doing great as lois past two yrs. Its so much fun to see lois and clark grow well and there relationship done way better then past ones. I said in my review I was hoping tess to not be a luthor when rumor first poped online. But at least story wise it worked out well. It wasn't a bad thing like the whole jimmy thing or vertias retcons did.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 am

Yeah, Durance really does well. Good episode, I thought too.

Ten years on and the Homopage sheep still struggle with the concept of "Smallville" doing it's own take.......That's funny.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down