Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread

+2
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 pm

haha get a load of this very incorrect information:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=31351
Irfan Khan "Official" Website Claims That Rhys Ifans Is Playing Norman Osborn/Green Goblin!
A site which is seemingly the official page of the Bollywood actor, features a report stating that Rhys Ifans is playing Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and that Khan will indeed transform into Proto-Goblin...
I'm really not sure what to make of this. A site which advertises itself as the official page for actor Irfan Khan has a report featured on its main page which states that the Bollywood actor will be playing the monstrous Proto-Goblin and that Welsh actor Rhys Ifans is set to star as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, despite previous reports leading us to believe that he'll be playing Curt Connors/The Lizard. Here it is for you to read for yourself.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Yellowblock

As I'm sure you'll have noticed, the site seem to believe this is a sequel to Spider-Man 3, possibly an easy enough mistake to make for anyone not familiar with the concept of a superhero reboot. If this is in fact the official site for the actor, it leaves me wondering where exactly they have gotten the idea that Ifans will portray Norman Osborn. From Khan himself? This report also seems to confirm that he'll be portraying Proto-Goblin!

I really have no idea what to make of this as there has to be some weight behind a report on an official site for a star of The Amazing Spider-Man. Right? If so, it looks like all these reports of the Lizard have been a clever misdirection by Sony. Be sure to share your thoughts in the ususal place!

With an all star cast that includes Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and Rhys Ifans, The Amazing Spider-Man is set to be released in 3D on July 3, 2012!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Empty RE: General news & set photos thread

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 am

I call BS on that, at least I hope so. BRING ON THE LIZARD! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:14 am

oh it is total bs, since it was long confirmed rhys ifans is curt conners and that billy conners was also cast in the film ages ago. Then all the news with lizard and all that. Also the guy playing van atter/adder said a few times in various interviews, he isnt playing a costumed villain and had no interest in doing that stuff. So that website cbm was quoting has various wrong facts.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-spider-man-use-pioneering-166174
EXCLUSIVE: 'The Amazing Spider-Man' to Use Pioneering 3D Technology
10:14 PM 3/9/2011 by Carolyn Giardina

Columbia's reboot of the superhero saga, which stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, is the first movie to be shot in 3D using 3ality Digital's new small, lightweight rigs that allow for flexibility and mobility.
The Amazing Spider-Man is the first movie to be lensed in 3D using 3ality Digital's TS-5 wireless and handheld beamsplitter mirror rig.

Now in production, Columbia's reboot of the superhero saga stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen and Sally Field and is being helmed by Marc Webb. 3ality was behind the pioneering 3D concert film U2 3D, released in 2008.

The new rigs are small and lightweight and combined with wireless capabilities in order to give the cameras a lot of flexibility and mobility.

"We tested virtually every product on the market and chose 3ality Digital because we were impressed by the compact size of the TS-5," said Spider-Man director of photography John Schwartzman, who is using the rigs in configurations that include shoulder mounts for handheld and Steadicam.

"You don't get the unwanted shadowing effects during shots that sometimes appear using other 3D rigs, and the lens changes only take a few minutes," he added. "We wanted a rig that would not only deliver the best quality and performance but also one that wouldn't delay the production, so we have all the benefits of a 3D picture and we're shooting to a 2D schedule."

Steve Schklair, CEO and founder of 3ality Digital, told The Hollywood Reporter that the ability to move quickly during production is now attracting interest in the rigs from the television industry for potential episodic series production.

"The business case works once we cross the threshold of the shooting schedule," Schklair said, adding that it was necessary to prove that a one-hour episode could be filmed in a typical nine-day shooting schedule.

"Then it's just a budget discussion, which isn't a big difference. For episodics to have a year's worth of archived programs for new 3D networks at minimal additional cost, that is huge."

In recent years, 3ality has been putting a lot of attention on live 3D event coverage for television markets, working with early 3D channels such as Sky3D in the U.K.

For 3ality, the Spider-Man production also underscores a move this year toward more theatrical work. The film is slated for release on July 3, 2012.

"Marc Webb is set to take the Spider-Man movies in a new direction," Schklair said, "and shooting the picture in 3D will certainly add an exciting element."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:21 am

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Yawn-726829
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Yawn-726829
QFT.

I friggin hate 3D. I already wear glasses so having to wear those glasses on top of my regular ones is freakin annoying. It doesn't contribute anything substantial to the movie but it sure does jack up that ticket price.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

thecolorsblend wrote:QFT.

I friggin hate 3D. I already wear glasses so having to wear those glasses on top of my regular ones is freakin annoying. It doesn't contribute anything substantial to the movie but it sure does jack up that ticket price.

It's funny how 3D rears it's ugly head every other generation or so. It's fine as a GIMMICK every once in a while, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay almost DOUBLE to see a movie in 3D every time they come out.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:QFT.

It's funny how 3D rears it's ugly head every other generation or so. It's fine as a GIMMICK every once in a while, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay almost DOUBLE to see a movie in 3D every time they come out.

Me and my friends often see midnight premieres you usually don't have much of a choice. They tend to be 3D only. It's damned annoying.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Me and my friends often see midnight premieres you usually don't have much of a choice. They tend to be 3D only. It's damned annoying.

I haven't been to one of those in a LONG time, so I'll take your word for that.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:28 pm

ido like 3d myself. But I agree it blows ever since avatar every dam film thinks it needs to be 3d.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Martin Sheen talks about Andrew Garfield:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128680-martin-sheen-on-spider-man-star-andrew-garfield
Martin Sheen on Spider-Man Star Andrew Garfield
by SuperHeroHype
Mar 14th, 2011"He's going to be a huge star"
Total Film magazine got a chance to talk to Martin Sheen, who plays Uncle Ben in The Amazing Spider-Man. He was asked what Andrew Garfield has been like on the set. Here's a clip:

"He's quite the marvel, a very fine actor. He's a lovely guy, very disciplined, very focused.

"He called me up and said, 'This is Andrew Garfield' and I said, 'Who?' and he said, 'Uh, we're in the movie together...' and I said, 'Yeah, what part do you play?' and he said, 'Uh, I play your nephew!' I liked him instantly.

"We had a wonderful lunch and laughed and joked and he said, "Just feel free to bring whatever you like" and I said, "absolutely." The guy who's directing takes a beating because his last name is Webb! But he's lovely."

Questioned about how Garfield was handling the physical side of the role, Sheen said: "He's very athletic, he's in great shape. He plays basketball and he works out every day. He's fit. Very wiry, thin, tall, very physically focused.

"He works in a very organic way - he loves accidents, when something happens in a scene that causes him to do something else. I went through a couple of very emotional scenes and he was right there, focused.

"And he was the same off camera. He didn't slack off. No, sir! He was equally emotional off camera. Very impressive. He's going to be a huge star."

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in theaters on July 3, 2012.

Read more about:Spider-Man
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:59 am

Some scene details:
http://comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=32142
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:21 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/161122-the-amazing-spider-man-2-signs-writer
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165111--the-amazing-spider-man-is-looking-for-a-red-head

COLORS EDIT (FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THE SAME FUCKING NIGHT)
---
Are you an attractive, female red-headed teen with dreams of appearing on the big screen next summer in Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man?

Face it tiger, you've just hit the jackpot.

SuperHeroHype has learned that a casting call has gone out for that very part under the film's secret title, "Fiona's Tale." The exact description calls for an, "actress to portray beautiful red-headed teenage girl for featured background...(18+ only)". Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at FTextras@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Naturally, the notion of a beautiful red-head being cast in Spider-Man instantly brings to mind the role of Mary Jane Watson, though the odds of casting such a part with a background actress are unlikely at best, especially if the plan is to introduce MJ later in the rebooted series. Still, the part could be a inside joke, a tease of her future appearance or, just as likely, a completely unrelated character. Let the speculation commence!

The film, which stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen and Sally Field, resumes shooting this week in New York City and is scheduled to hit theaters on July 3, 2012.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Nyc shoot prep work/info:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/166213-the-amazing-spider-man-prepping-for-new-york-shoot
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am

webhead2006 wrote:Nyc shoot prep work/info:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/166213-the-amazing-spider-man-prepping-for-new-york-shoot

Um, yay?

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Jobs_perplexed
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:51 pm

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.Com

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 28813L
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 28812L
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 28815L
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 28814L
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Empty RE: General news & set photos thread

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Twilight Spiderman, anyone? Razz
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 01, 2011 9:57 am

Nice to see some more photos with filming starting up in nyc now. There was also I saw last night a photo of a oscorp sign for the film. Here is link to show oscorp sign for any that want to see it:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167151-oscorp-to-appear-in-the-amazing-spider-man
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 01, 2011 1:24 pm

To add on there with the oscorp stuff. looks like peter is interning there in the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=36307
Does Peter Parker Work At Oscorp In The Amazing Spider-Man?
A new set photo reveals that Peter Parker may possibly be doing an internship at Oscorp in the upcoming movie, leading us to wonder whether that's where he either gains his powers or meets Curt Connors...
As you can clearly see if you take a close look at the badge Andrew Garfield is wearing, it reads: "INTERN".
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 3506v0k
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 11ig7yt

While we know that they were filming exterior scenes of Oscorp yesterday, it's unclear whether these were supposed to be taking place inside of the company which comic book fans will know is owned by the villainous Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin. It has previously been revealed that Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy will attend some sort of scientific high school in the upcoming movie, leading many to believe that that is where the young hero meets Curt Connors.

The question that this brings up is whether Connors (who later becomes the Lizard) is actually working at Oscorp, or that the glasses indicate this is a pre-spider bite Peter who actually gets his powers while doing an internship there! Well, that's my take on it anyway! Be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place.

With an all star cast that includes Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, Denis Leary as Captain George Stacy, Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May, The Amazing Spider-Man is set to be released in 3D on July 3, 2012!

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

some new set photos of andrew and emma, plus a peak at rhys ifans covered up with some possibly lizard makeup:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=36449
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.Com

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 050311_spideyhangsnyc
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Last few days been alot of cool stunt guy doing websling moves. Love the pratical way they are going for that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/suited-up-spider-man-web-slings-in-new-set-photos-13452

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 1304488142_image_spl273624_002-wm900
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_008-wm900-326x560
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_004-wm900-353x560
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_010-wm900-355x560
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 05, 2011 12:48 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://www.latinoreview.com/news/suited-up-spider-man-web-slings-in-new-set-photos-13452

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 1304488142_image_spl273624_002-wm900
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_008-wm900-326x560
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_004-wm900-353x560
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 3 Spl273624_010-wm900-355x560

AP, *Ahem*, I believe you'll notice that the top pic of Spidey has him showing too much 'junk', & not very much to say the least. 'TPTB' may want to consider that when releasing this as 'family entertainment'. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next