Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

+4
non_amos
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
Comicbookfan-V2
8 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 pm

I too hope the film is a huge success, and the heir stuff isnt a problem any more by the time film is release. God everythinig with the whole rights thing is one giant mess i wish wasnt a factor in things. Heck to this day i still dont understand all the dam details on whats what and if heirs win more claims what that means for wb and ultimately dc.

But back to topic on hand, on locations via cbm has some photos of parts of a plane in building from the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=44976
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:And a Captain Marvel movie wouldn't be a blockbuster like the Bros. Warner needs.
Mmm. I dunno about that. History seems to have forgotten this but there was a time when Batman, although an A-lister, wasn't the icon that Superman is. The character had a scarlet letter until 1989, when Tim Burton showed the masses there's more to Batman than just Adam West. It took time and millions in promotional efforts but Batman is probably a bigger icon (to the public) than Superman nowadays.

Anyway. Point is that DC has gone out of its way to keep Captain Marvel (an "outside" property they forcibly acquired) as a second stringer. They didn't want him treading too much on Superman's turf. But if they had to, methinks they could move him up to the big leagues. Hell, if they end up losing Superman, that's pretty much what I expect will happen. And I'd go so far as to venture that, done right, a Captain Marvel film could kick an unprecedented amount of ass. Talk about tapping in to the Harry Potter market...

They just don't hire the right people with the right vision for their characters.
Nope. Something I heard once was that DC is like the NY Yankees- they just throw money at superstars rather than put together a good team with a solid program. I don't follow sports but I think the analogy holds. YMMV.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:26 am

I can see that if done correctly, unlike the 40’s serials, Captain Marvel could be a winner for them. Particularly, given the fact that not too many would have high expectations, I’m thinking.

I think that if done using the proper source material and keeping the mythos true to the character a comic book movie will work. Marvel does it all the time, just WB has to pull their heads out of their asses and give the project to someone who will honor the character and forget check their egos at the door, thinking they alone can reinvent the character.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 am

some more set photos from that facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237537766291433.64563.221774371201106&type=1
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 am

Rduce wrote:

I can see that if done correctly, unlike the 40’s serials, Captain Marvel could be a winner for them.

What was wrong with the 40's serials? I actually own them on DVD & VHS. No, I haven't watched them in their entirety.....yet. Sidetracked by too many things, being online too much one of them. Anyway, what little I did see looked OK, especially for the 40's. And I remember reading somewhere how the flying effects were fairly decent in the serials. I have to agree. Remember that in the Kirk Alyn Superman serials Superman turned into a cartoon when he flew & became real again when he landed. Not so in the Captain Marvel serials. It was the same actor, unless they used a stunt double or something. Nevertheless what I've seen looked OK for that time period. Another thing. They modeled Cap's suit after the original design as seen on the cover of WHIZ COMICS #1 from the Golden Age, where he had a flap on his chest that buttoned on the opposite side. Interesting though how the comics debut of Cap saw him 'throwing a car' thus smashing it. Hmmm?! That sure sounds familiar doesn't it? Deja Vu'?!

But as to your original comment, you say if done right unlike the serials. So have you ever seen the serials? What I saw looked fine for its' time.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:49 am

Rduce wrote:I can see that if done correctly, unlike the 40’s serials, Captain Marvel could be a winner for them. Particularly, given the fact that not too many would have high expectations, I’m thinking.

I think that if done using the proper source material and keeping the mythos true to the character a comic book movie will work. Marvel does it all the time, just WB has to pull their heads out of their asses and give the project to someone who will honor the character and forget check their egos at the door, thinking they alone can reinvent the character.
To me, the key issue would be setting it up so that it's not immediately compared to Superman. The comparisons are obvious enough no matter what so the director has to hit the ground running to set up a tone and style utterly separate from Superman... which is why I assume a more Harry Potter vibe is the way to go rather than yet another "superhero epic".

As to the material... yeah, you definitely have to be careful with it. Whoever writes the thing can't adhere to shlock formulas.

For example, you can't have a love interest. Can't. Cannot. It's just creepy. Billy (a child) becomes Captain Marvel (an adult). Any female you throw his way... sorry, there's no escaping the ick factor no matter what age she is.

Further, Billy's defining characteristic is that he's pure of heart. In spite of everything he's seen, everything he's been through, the fact that life has been completely unfair to him, the kid is still smiling and taking what joy he can in life. So you can't make him a whiny, angsty, emo brat. Can't be done. Else Shazam would never have chosen him.

Frankly, I think adapting the Golden Age comics is the route to go. That zany, borderline surreal tone instantly separates you from all things Superman. In fact, as it is Captain Marvel, you're better off setting him in a universe of his own rather shoe-horning him into a live action continuity with other DC heroes. That's how the character was published for years and that's where he works best.

Anyway. We're way off topic now but the point is that a Captain Marvel film could be big bucks if WB could find the right talent to do it. Based upon Spy Kids, I'd give Robert Rodriguez a call.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 pm

TCB, you have nailed my thoughts of Marvel having to be done correctly. But, as I sit here writing this, I just know some Hollywood douche would want to make Billy an angst filled teen wanting to “feel normal!” or as you wrote, some hot Megan Fox look-alike falling in love with Marvel.

Non, I have seen the 40’s serials and while I agree that Captain was done pretty well for the time, my mistake was lumping it in with the rest of those done then. My real disdain is for the Batman serials and mainly how lackluster they seemed to me. Mainly that Batman drives the same freaking car as Bruce Wayne, come on couldn’t the studio spare a different car for the day? Or Batman's total lack of gadgets and his appearing in the daytime!

I actually thought the Superman serials were done well, all things considered.
I suppose many feel that the fact that they did animation for the flying brings it down, but I imagine it was the best they could for the amount of money they had to spend.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:(Fri 8 Jul 2011)
Zod & Co. track Superman to Smallville, KS and start tearing shit up in order to draw him out.

That's my prediction.

Man, I am GOOD!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:24 pm

I found this pic today at the Facebook page:

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 Plano_10

Definitely looks more impressive than duh planet Houston! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Caught that photo earlier myself. Wicked action/military shot.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:38 pm

DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!! Shocked There's definitly alot of shit going on!!! But seriously, why is all the action taking place in Smallville and not Metropolis? Is there even going to be any action taking place in Metropolis?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Probably will be. Plano ie smallville stuff was just first stuff being shot for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:27 pm

I found some more from that Facebook page...

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 30930810

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 32071410
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!! Shocked There's definitly alot of shit going on!!! But seriously, why is all the action taking place in Smallville and not Metropolis? Is there even going to be any action taking place in Metropolis?

Yeah, why haven't they shot the entire movie in the same city yet???? Plano is the ONLY location they have set for this film, and it pisses me off that we haven't seen EVERYTHING yet!!!

Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I'm beginning to think this guy is brain-damaged....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:09 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Seriously, I'm beginning to think this guy is brain-damaged....

You just couldn't resist an opportunity can you? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Seriously, I'm beginning to think this guy is brain-damaged....

You just couldn't resist an opportunity can you? Rolling Eyes
Well, you have to admit yours was a sort of weird "criticism". The movie's only been shooting for, what, just over a month? And we already know there are locations in Chicago and possibly Vancouver? C'mon now...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:11 am

Actully I'm well aware that it's been almost a month since they been filming and still have many months to come till filming is complete but still...

I was pacificly asking why all the action taking place in a small town like Smallville when it should be in a big city like Metropolis? Which of course would make alot more sense since for a big city to be the obvious place for crazy shit to be happening! Unless if their reenacting the events of "Superman II" which I was hoping that they wouldn't!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Actully I'm well aware that it's been almost a month since they been filming and still have many months to come till filming is complete but still...

I was pacificly asking why all the action taking place in a small town like Smallville when it should be in a big city like Metropolis? Which of course would make alot more sense since for a big city to be the obvious place for crazy shit to be happening! Unless if their reenacting the events of "Superman II" which I was hoping that they wouldn't!
Dude, what's hard to understand here? WE DON'T KNOW HOW THIS IS ALL GOING TO PLAY OUT. For all we know, there could be something even bigger and better planned for shoots in other locations. This could be just a pit-stop along the way. We don't know what the movie's about (apart from unverifiable rumors), we don't know what other set-pieces could be planned, we don't know where the Plano shoot fits into the larger scope of the narrative, we don't know what other scenes are being shot in Plano, so on and so forth.

From "A" to "Z", EVERYTHING is up in the air here. Bitching and whining about the film's progress up to this point is the gold standard for premature criticism.

Shit, THINK man!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am

Cbmfan all we know right now is they were shooting some pre superman smallville scenes. And a battle in streets and kent farm. Really plot wise it will probably this. Zod/faoroa escape pz or if they where on a ship. They are triggered to go to smallville probably cause of clark ship or some other device. Or like ap said if clark accidently released them by mistake wanting to learn of krypton or something after meeing first time holograms of jorel and lara. Zod tries to befriend clark first. Gain his trust and then double crosses him. There is bound to probably be some metropolis battle stuff in chicago and vancouver and heck maybbe even a fos battle too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:11 pm

I am not sure this helps, but I have heard that there is a extraordinarily colossal confrontation outside a Capezio wholesaler, which obviously cannot happen in Smallville….

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:You just couldn't resist an opportunity can you? Rolling Eyes

Nope. I don't "coddle" stupidity here.

No one does.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am

Who's this dude?!

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 Anothe10

This doesn't appear to be Michael Shannon so who is it?! Jax-Ur? Some nameless Kryptonian muscle? Over on the Facebook page someone suggested that this might be METALLO! I think the idea is that the military might be using him to fight Zod & company. Could that even remotely be a possibility?!

STEVE, wherefore art thou when we needest thee most?! Speaking of 'Steve', what rock is he hiding under anyway? He has plenty of egg on his face while simultaneously eating crow! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am

non_amos wrote:Who's this dude?!

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 4 Anothe10

This doesn't appear to be Michael Shannon so who is it?!
Um, looks like Michael Shannon to me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:46 pm

non_amos wrote:This doesn't appear to be Michael Shannon so who is it?! Jax-Ur? Some nameless Kryptonian muscle? Over on the Facebook page someone suggested that this might be METALLO! I think the idea is that the military might be using him to fight Zod & company. Could that even remotely be a possibility?!

Whoever this mo-cap guy is he's obviously portraying a possible third party villain most likey kryptonian related. But it's doubtful it's Metallo even though I would love to see him on screen! But whoever the third party villain is there's a chance that he might appear to be huge judging from the previous photos with the same mo-cap guy except with a stick on his head.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Um, looks like Michael Shannon to me.

I was going by what I read on Facebook. I got the impression people didn't know who this guy is. But you see, I also thought Shannon looked taller than this guy here & that his head had a little different shape? This guy here doesn't look particularly tall but maybe you're right, I don't know. But wouldn't they have known on Facebook it was Shannon instead of being dumbfounded?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next