Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

+4
non_amos
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
Comicbookfan-V2
8 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by webhead2006 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 am

Spoiler:

*ADMIN* When you see things in spoiler tags, USE THEM TOO.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:14 am

Spoiler:

EDIT BY NON_AMOS: I was already quoting him before I saw this correction to his post so how do I correct it?
EDIT BY COLORS- Got your back, chief.

But for future reference, you need to begin the relevant section with spoiler between a set of [] and then end it with spoiler between a set of [/].

Example- [nonexistenttag]Random bullshit[/nonexistenttag]. Just replace the word nonexistenttag with spoiler.

Also, there's a button under "others" when you type messages.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 am

Crater photos of possibly baby kal-el's ship landing in smallville:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=44700
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 am

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 _tempman-of-steel-20110818103927875

Also, why does that page continue to use Singerman imagery for the reboot? Why not come up with something as a temporary placeholder until official and topical imagery surfaces? Even those green screen stairs on that page would be a better and more pertinent choice. Now, I realize a lot of these sites probably still want Singerman 2- Bartender of Steel but it's time to finally let all that shit go. Embrace the new or don't but let the past be the past.

Also, sorry for the size of the pic but I'm hot-linking from that original page over to here. If you want to save and then re-upload it here at a smaller size, suit yourself.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:09 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Also, why does that page continue to use Singerman imagery for the reboot? Why not come up with something as a temporary placeholder until official and topical imagery surfaces? Even those green screen stairs on that page would be a better and more pertinent choice. Now, I realize a lot of these sites probably still want Singerman 2- Bartender of Steel but it's time to finally let all that shit go. Embrace the new or don't but let the past be the past.

And their also bitching about what they consider as a rehash of "Superman the Movie" or already knowing Supe's origin and now they have to see it being retold again but it's quite obvious that it's not going to be retold the same way as before and STM was the only time Supe's origin has been told on film (Not counting the serials)!

P.S. As soon as the WB release a photo of the S Shield that represents MOS then we can finally kiss the SR symbol goodbye!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 am

Well we do technically have the s shield out there. Just ya sucks sites keep using sr one. Also ya on topic of origin ibseen folks complain oh they are doing origin just great, we only get superman for 20mins or something like that. Personally I do see a problem with it myself. This is a new film incarnation, so we need to have these story points retold to be shown in a different way and to build up characters in a different way.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm

No s on cape?:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=44737
'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 Supes

Though this may be stunt actor(according to the mos fb page), and in a stunt suit maybe. So maybe the hero cape will have s on it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 am

I'm not particularly liking this! The 'S' is gone?! What?! Did they not learn anything from that abortion known as Singerman?! And the cape really is too long. It's so long he's gonna trip over it! And keep in mind that they probably ditched the trunks too!

Puh-llleeeaaazzzeee Snyder, throw us something to give us reassurance! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:18 am

non_amos wrote:I'm not particularly liking this! The 'S' is gone?! What?! Did they not learn anything from that abortion known as Singerman?! And the cape really is too long. It's so long he's gonna trip over it! And keep in mind that they probably ditched the trunks too!

Puh-llleeeaaazzzeee Snyder, throw us something to give us reassurance! Mad
No kidding. I hope like crazy this is simply a not-too-flattering picture because the long cape looks ridiculous. It's a CAPE, not a FLAG!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:39 am

non_amos wrote:I'm not particularly liking this! The 'S' is gone?! What?! Did they not learn anything from that abortion known as Singerman?! And the cape really is too long. It's so long he's gonna trip over it!

thecolorsblend wrote:No kidding. I hope like crazy this is simply a not-too-flattering picture because the long cape looks ridiculous. It's a CAPE, not a FLAG!

Now you see exactly what I've been complaining about!!! As I ask before, how the hell could Supes manuver let alone fight properly with a long ass cape on his back? Even Reeves didn't had a cape that long and as such should be the same length as Reeve's suit!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 am

Go over to the film's Facebook page, click on any comments you see pertaining to this subject, & you're gonna see mush of the same concern that we have. Some are already threatening to BOYCOTT the film! Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

Things they're seeing are that the 'spit-curl' is there but that the trunks are gone! They believe it is Cavill because there's a 'boom mic' being held in front of him but his face is being concealed by a black cloth held in front of him. Some are really bragging on the lack of trunks while others are 'threatening to quit' in so many words. I just wonder where WE will stand when it's all said & done? Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:15 am

Well, it would appear that the blue is really dark, darker than any other costume incarnation. I don't like the length of the cape, it should never drag on the ground and I don't like the lack of an S shield. The lack of trunks just confirms what the publicity still blown up showed.

I can tell you one thing, I will not be going to the midnight showing the first night! I will wait and gage the reaction of the masses before I plunk down my hard earned on another stinker!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 am

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 302698_236089726436237_221774371201106_766421_7856848_n

A couple of things.

Seriously. What the fuck? Can you HONESTLY tell me that at NO time did Cavill ever face the photographer for a clearer pic than just a shot from the back and a partially obscured shot from the front? And can you THEN tell me that the photographer never snapped a better pic that shows off more of the new outfit?

Call me crazy but I think this douchebag photographer is intentionally hoarding pics. Methinks these "leaks" are being vetted and then permitted by the production so long as they don't reveal too much.

Now, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the cape. Even now. This could precede a shot where Cavill gets hoisted up on a wire rig for a flying shot. Or maybe it's a "waist up" shot where the length of the cape is irrelevant. Or maybe they're simply doing an on-set test of a longer cape needed for something else. Or hell, there could be something else to this thing that we don't know about. For the sake of keeping the peace (at least on this specific issue) I'm willing to admit that we don't have anything even remotely close to the full story. Fair enough.

But the conveniently obscured pics of the front of outfit? Sorry people but nobody's going to tell me that this is accidental. Someone wants to keep the ambiguity alive. This isn't being done on accident.

As for other stuff...

non_amos wrote:Go over to the film's Facebook page, click on any comments you see pertaining to this subject, & you're gonna see mush of the same concern that we have. Some are already threatening to BOYCOTT the film! Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

Things they're seeing are that the 'spit-curl' is there
Call it a double standard, I just might even cop to it, but I could frankly give a shit about the spit curl. Yeah, I guess it'd be nice if it's there but there are aesthetic reasons for permitting Clark's hair to be casual and a little messy while Superman is a little more glued down. In keeping with the comics? Well, traditionally no. But, like I said, it's small potatoes.

but that the trunks are gone!
Slightly different issue here. Grooming is one thing but an essential design element of The Suit... man, that's SOMETHING ELSE. And anybody cheering the supposed deletion of the trunks (I say "supposed" because Cavill may not be wearing the full outfit just yet in that pic; actors wear incomplete costumes for rehearsals/blocking/whatever and shit all the time) seriously needs to check himself.

They believe it is Cavill because there's a 'boom mic' being held in front of him but his face is being concealed by a black cloth held in front of him. Some are really bragging on the lack of trunks while others are 'threatening to quit' in so many words. I just wonder where WE will stand when it's all said & done? Question
Personally, I've got a lot less invested in MOS than I ever did in Singerman.

For Singerman, I was pissed off about the then current direction of Smallville. The comics weren't too much better for most of that period. Yeah, there were good runs but for every good one (Chuck Austen; hey, I loved his stuff on Action), there were at least two really awful ones (Joe Casey and Steven T. Seagle, I'm looking pretty much right at you two). On top of all that, I'd been waiting just over 3/4's OF MY LIFE for a new Superman movie.

19 years of waiting, shitloads of lousy comics, a truly awful fourth season of Smallville, uncountable false starts, who knows how many screenwriters... and motherfucking Singerman is all I have to show for it. Some skinny derp running around in a pleather outfit badly reciting old Christopher Reeve dialogue ("still the safest way to travel"; when Reeve said it, it came from the heart and a twinkle in his eyes. When BJ motherfucking Two-By-Four said it, he sounded like a credit card commercial).

I get pissed off just thinking about it even now.

But now, I've got a ton of Bronze Age comics, a ton of Byrne Age comics, all the movies on special edition DVD's, STAS, the complete run of Lois & Clark (the good and the bad... even the worst of which was STILL a damn sight better than Stalkerman could ever hope to be) and, apart from season 4, a kickass Superman series in SV.

In other words, I've got a lot less riding on MOS than I did on Singerman. So if the movie is as bad a stinker as (or worse than) Singerman, well, that's how my luck's been going lately anyway. No, I won't be happy about it but I really doubt I'll have the same kind of meltdown I did back in 2006.

If MOS turns out the way some of us fear... well, (A) I hate to again play the Singerman card but let's be real and (B) I'll likely regard it the same way I do SV's fourth season or L&C's third season; good concepts but overall incredibly flawed in terms of execution.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

Just caught those new photos of the suit on set. As for blue I don't mind a darker blue. Cain suit had a nice dark blue to it. Though sucks it does look like trunks are gone booo. As for cape I don't see much problems with a long cape, heck thor had a long one too and looked fine. As for film hoping it will be the film we been waiting for we didn't get with sr.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:30 am

An excellent post TCB, but eventually I have always hoped for them to bring back the wonder and awe I had as I sat watching that first movie. Perhaps because I was just a young, have now grown, and matured the magic can no longer be matched. Perhaps I look at the world with a set of much more jaded glasses; I will never again see that reverence.

While I agree with you in principle web, I take issue with an almost navy blue suit for our hero. Cain’s suit was a rich regal blue color and this one standing outside in the bright sunlight is much darker than that in appearance. That really worries that they are trying to create a “darker Superman!”

While, I will wait to see about the cape, I really see no purpose for a cape so long that it is touching the ground. I read an article about all the capes that were made for Chris to used. There were flying capes, walking capes, capes with no S on the back for scenes that you were never going to see the back of the cape. So many capes that several were recycled and modified for use in the Superboy TV show of the late 80's. Nevertheless, the length of this cape is troubling to me.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am

Ya I was bringing up same point with the cape photo from yesterday I posted. There is always many stunt costume/costume parts for different things. So maybe it will look different on screen. Same goes with the suit color, just to me even with a darker blue doesn't mean oh film is going to be dark or superman will be dark just cause nolan on this. I think that is a stupid viewpoint to think. Also we don't know what type of lenses/filters they are using on camera, or color correction they may do in ost. So maybe colors could be more richer and pop, more on screen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Let me ask this & let's be honest about it. I know we're all concerned about where they're going with the SUIT & rightly so. Some 'newer' fans like at duh Homopage or Facebook are just eating it up about NO TRUNKS, etc., like 'BRING IT ON!' Other 'traditionalist realist' fans are threatening to not even see the film! But what if this film really delivers the goods, trunks or not? We will still support it?

Remember, a little while back, Snyder promised that his Superman was gonna be a 'very physical cat' & in the process he took a swipe at Singerman without even calling it by name but we knew what he meant. So Snyder is aware that Singerman Flops was an 'arthouse film' & he himself intends to deliver a WATCHMEN level film. I saw on Facebook the other day where someone posted that in Plano they had an 'over-turned train car' made out of styrofoam. I assume it was also very realistic looking.

The bottom line? I believe Snyder will deliver in the action department, trunks or no trunks. I also believe that when Superman battles Zod & Faora that we won't be getting the 'sissy kicks' of Superman 2! An over-turned train car? Perhaps they'll be slamming each other with things like that? Maybe some 18-wheelers? And instead of a government that just willing 'gets on its' knees' for Zod, instead we're gonna have a very active military.

I believe the film will basically be an origin story but updated to today's FX. I expect it to have the big production values of the 1st Reeve film. I expect the action to be out of this world. If done properly, it may even outshine some of Marvel's films! And to tell you the truth, I hope it does! That's no slight on Marvel either but let's face it, if WB/DC want to step up to the plate with something besides BATMAN then the film needs to be that good! It's the only way they're gonna be able to compete!

So back to the original question. If this film delivers the goods (except for maybe the Suit), are we still gonna support it? Is this issue a 'deal-breaker' or not?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

That is a tough call, if it does deliver the goods I would be very happy on the film for those merits. Ya I would be a bit pissed on some costume design choices. But if the film is 95% good and the 5f is just minor things not liked. I would be a happy camper. Though that doesn't mean I wouldn't want no trunks and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Listen, I am still pissed at STAS for leaving off the cape’s S shield. I fully realize that it is costly for animators to sit there putting it into the shots, which was Singer’s whine about why he left it out of his CGI’d masturbation fest.

But, the fact that Superman without the trunks is going to resemble a unitard wearing pedophile will not stop me from seeing this film IF it is gets good reviews. I have no intention of plunking down my coin until I hear some fan reviews; I was burned on SR, I will not be on MOS!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Rduce like I and I think ap said there is a chance though slime that any fan engativeity about the costume could be fixed digitally in post. Since they will have a long post peroid.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:34 pm

You know what, take a look at his hip below the belt. Why do I see something there, and it appears to be red?
'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 30269810

Look closely, and see what I mean.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:50 pm

i agree ap there does appear to be something around the waist area besides the belt in that photo. to what it is hard to judge.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Rduce wrote:Listen, I am still pissed at STAS for leaving off the cape’s S shield. I fully realize that it is costly for animators to sit there putting it into the shots,
I buy it with STAS. I maintain that's still a bit of an excuse but at the same rate there's likely a ton of truth to it. But...

which was Singer’s whine about why he left it out of his CGI’d masturbation fest.
That's where I have to get off the bus. The CG animators created a sequence where an entire planet splintered into literally hundreds of millions (if not more) SPLINTERS, a 777 airplane fell apart and, in so doing, produced reasonably effective smoke and pyrotechnic effects, etc.

But putting a yellow S-emblem on the cape was somehow -- SOMEHOW -- "too difficult"? I call shenanigans on the whole thing, sorry.

But, the fact that Superman without the trunks is going to resemble a unitard wearing pedophile will not stop me from seeing this film IF it is gets good reviews. I have no intention of plunking down my coin until I hear some fan reviews; I was burned on SR, I will not be on MOS!
I understand. But I'm a fan of the character. A big fan. If a new Superman movie is coming out, I'm seeing it at midnight. I'd even have seen Singerman 2- Bartender of Pleather at midnight. At least so I can criticize it with the full knowledge (although luckily we dodged that particular slow-mo bullet to the eye).

The above is a far cry from some "fans" who have already vowed not to see the movie because Blandon The No-Hit Wonder isn't coming back for seconds.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next