Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here*

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* Empty It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here*

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 am

The trunks are not on the suit in 'Man Of Steel'.

Yet.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237537766291433.64563.221774371201106&refid=7&_ft_a=221774371201106&_ft_tf=114765685292088&_ft_tpi=221774371201106&_ft_ti=17&_ft_sai=2305272732&_ft_fth=b8ba9d6be2c8c2f9&_ft_src=1&_ft_time_ft=1314159831&_ft_mf_objid=114765685292088#!/photo.php?fbid=238064076238802&id=221774371201106&set=a.237537766291433.64563.221774371201106&refid=0

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* 31592010

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* Urgetokillri128454235559062500

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* Empty Re: It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here*

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 am

Here's the other one:

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* 31327010

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* Empty Re: It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here*

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 am

I have no idea how I missed those pics but... SHIT! So. Okay then. New game, new rules.

Guilty until proven innocent? Bet your ass. That was never going to be any other way.

But if that modification sticks around as a permanent thing, this movie had better otherwise blow me the fuck away. Period. This a MAJOR change, I don't give a flying crap what anybody says. You make a change like this, you'd better be ready to wow me with EVERYTHING else.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 am

It just makes NO sense. Unless he was TOLD to do it, and he'll never admit to it, Snyder has a LOT of 'splainin to do.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am

Hey! I thought after the debacle that was Singerman Peeps that they wanted the reboot to actually WORK?! Cavill even called the Suit 'classic' if I'm not mistaken. Well, I guess it is if you count the 'S' shield but no trunks for real?! Cavill's physique seems awesome for Superman, assuming that is all his physique. That part is a definite improvement over Singerman. However, no trunks SUCKS! The late Jim Croce once sang, "You don't step on Superman's cape & you don't mess around with Jim!" Well, the brothers Warner didn't stop at the cape!

I'll be honest. I really want an awesome Superman film! Look what Singerman did to us. And you'd have thought that WB/DC would've learned their lesson but I guess not. It makes you wonder if this isn't also a DC COMICS move, i.e., this is not your grandfather's Superman crapola. Force-feed the masses the new Superman! And unfortunately there's enough useful idiots out there who whine for the trunks to be gone that this just might work anyway. But that doesn't make it right.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:It just makes NO sense. Unless he was TOLD to do it, and he'll never admit to it, Snyder has a LOT of 'splainin to do.
Told? By whom? Who's going to dictate Snyder do anything? WB has proven to my satisfaction that they let their directors do whatever the fuck they want with comic movies.

Literally the one person I could EVER picture dictating to Snyder is Chris Nolan... which, admittedly, is certainly a possibility. But Nolan has given the impression that he served mostly as an advocate for Goyer in the pitch. Would he really take such a hands-on role for MOS? Maybe but it wouldn't fit with how he characterized his involvement.

Then again, a movie producer bullshitting and misdirecting about his involvement in a movie? Oh heavens, that's NEVER happened before.

Man, FUCK this!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am

Something else, I'm trying to figure out (A) wtf Shannon is wearing (a mo-cap suit or what?) and (B) if there's something really huge sticking off his head.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Told? By whom? Who's going to dictate Snyder do anything? WB has proven to my satisfaction that they let their directors do whatever the fuck they want with comic movies.

Literally the one person I could EVER picture dictating to Snyder is Chris Nolan... which, admittedly, is certainly a possibility. But Nolan has given the impression that he served mostly as an advocate for Goyer in the pitch. Would he really take such a hands-on role for MOS? Maybe but it wouldn't fit with how he characterized his involvement.

Then again, a movie producer bullshitting and misdirecting about his involvement in a movie? Oh heavens, that's NEVER happened before.

Man, FUCK this!

Here's the thing though: The Bros. Warner got BIT the last time they were "hands off" with Superman. They AIN'T gonna make the same mistake twice.

And if they are interested in "saving" DC Comics, they might just say "Let's try and make everything look symmetrical, at the very least".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Something else, I'm trying to figure out (A) wtf Shannon is wearing (a mo-cap suit or what?) and (B) if there's something really huge sticking off his head.

It will be a mo-capped suit of Kryptonian Armor.

Count on it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 am

Yeah & why does Shannon have to wear a mo-cap suit but Traue wears a real costume?! Huh?! And Cavill wears a real costume?! But Shannon goes mo-cap?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah & why does Shannon have to wear a mo-cap suit but Traue wears a real costume?! Huh?! And Cavill wears a real costume?! But Shannon goes mo-cap?!

Apologist Puncher wrote:
It will be a mo-capped suit of Kryptonian Armor.

Count on it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:It will be a mo-capped suit of Kryptonian Armor.

Count on it.
Hm.

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* General_Zod_Pokolistan_001

There is precedent for Zod doing such a thing, that's all I'm saying.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 am

And:

It's Official *There Be Spoilers Here* 1329846-zod_1_super
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am

non_amos wrote:Hey! I thought after the debacle that was Singerman Peeps that they wanted the reboot to actually WORK?! Cavill even called the Suit 'classic' if I'm not mistaken. Well, I guess it is if you count the 'S' shield but no trunks for real?! Cavill's physique seems awesome for Superman, assuming that is all his physique. That part is a definite improvement over Singerman. However, no trunks SUCKS! The late Jim Croce once sang, "You don't step on Superman's cape & you don't mess around with Jim!" Well, the brothers Warner didn't stop at the cape!

These are basically the "Dark Ages" for true fans of Superman.

I'll be honest. I really want an awesome Superman film! Look what Singerman did to us. And you'd have thought that WB/DC would've learned their lesson but I guess not. It makes you wonder if this isn't also a DC COMICS move, i.e., this is not your grandfather's Superman crapola. Force-feed the masses the new Superman! And unfortunately there's enough useful idiots out there who whine for the trunks to be gone that this just might work anyway. But that doesn't make it right.

I still think that they will be added in after the film is finished shooting. Once a trailer is released and people start asking where they went, and how lame all that friggin' BLUE looks, they will do the right thing.

It will be easy for them, too.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am

But wasn't that one of the many 'so-called' versions of Zod? Didn't Zod from the pocket universe supposedly 'come back from the dead' in Superman's reality & 'possess' this robot or what-not? I understand also that there have been what, between 5 & 8 versions of Zod so far, including Donner's version in the comics, which supposedly mirrored the films? Why can't we just have a classic version as originally presented back in the Superboy comics? Is that too much to ask? That would still be a military Zod & likely be more acceptable with the masses. And what's the push with DC for Kryptonians to have armor anyway? How retarded can they be?! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 am

First off great we finally got a full frontal view of the suit on set. Henry looks great. If its him or his stunt double in costume. I do like the red in cape and the blue on suit. But ya sucks trunks are gone. Dam it to heck. I still guess probably due to idiots at dc wanting new dcnu look and film to match a bit? And snyder had to make compromises? Still maybe if there is negative feedback with lack of trunks we can get them added in post.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:07 am

I’m not sure about negative feedback, but I just gagged and had a little vomit come up into my mouth….God, this is truly the end of Superman as we know him. Enter the new Superman era, Superman for the 21st Century, a Renaissance Superman who fits into the politically correct world….

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:41 am

I heard some people are saying that is not Michael Shannon but some extra in a motion-cap suit and that stick on his head suppose to provide an extended length in the character's size which means that the character (Whoever it may be) might appear as big in the final enhancements hinting that there maybe another villain in the mix and may very well also be in Kryptonian origin. But this is just what I've heard BTW and basicly I'm not taking their word for it though!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 am

I too saw some posts of that from the fan fb page. Would be interesting if it ends up being some humanoid alien muscle for zod/faoroa, or maybe some alien creature.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 am

I've noticed that some of the pics are showing guys in mo-caps suits besides Shannon. The other day that CBM site showed the one people were thinking was Russell Crowe but they showed an enlarged pic & it didn't look like Crowe. So if not Crowe, then who is that dude? And if I'm not mistaken, there seem to be some 'extras', if they're extras, in mo-cap suits. So what's going on here?! Are the extras just stunt men? Or are they additional Kryptonians? I know we've wondered about Jax-Ur but there's been no official announcement. But if it's not Jax-Ur, then who are these guys? Are they just 'Kryptonian muscle', possibly nameless? Maybe part of Zod's army?

Since we don't enough about the script yet then how can we know? Ya know what, it makes me think of SMALLVILLE......again! I forget which season it was but before Zod's phantom ever showed up to possess Lex, there were other Kryptonians who showed up in the flesh! I specifically remember a black guy & a white woman & I believe it was insinuated there were others as well. I seem to recall this 'alien invasion' really concerning Lex & the military was beginning to get involved. Gee, does what we're hearing NOW sound familiar?!

So Zod possibly shows up with an entourage but possibly only he & Faora count as far as having names?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:12 am

Well its probably just un named evil kryptonians or alien/creatures. Also hopefully soon we get a better clear shots of supes suit to get better look at waist area for belt and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:38 am

So are you saying we are just getting a big budget Smallville episode filmed here?

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 pm

No it could just be many things we just don't know at this point.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm

The reaction to the removal of the trunks has been fairly telling. Some Apologists are actively cheering this change. A lot of real fans are... maybe not pissed off but they're a little annoyed by it.

But civilians? The reactions I've seen (of which there have been few) are mostly along the lines of "geeze, so he decided to wear his panties on the inside for once, get over it".

And honestly, I don't begrudge that last reaction. But the reactions to the missing trunks should tell you all you need to know about who's a real fan and who isn't.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Over the years, whenever there seems to be some major Superman development in the news, whether films or comics, it seems to even get comments on my local news station. Visualize this. I believe the last time may have been after Singerman was released. Anyway, the news item itself is shown, even if it originated elsewhere. However, before the news anchors move on to something else, they seem to always have to chime in with some remark like, "And he still wears his underwear on the outside!"

This is apparently how the general, non-fan public views the subject of the trunks. When the new film is released, if the trunks remain gone, I guarantee it'll be BIG NEWS. Even my local station will no doubt put in their '2 cents worth'. I can tell you what, my neighbor who I talk to about things like this, he didn't particularly like the 1st pic of Cavill. He 'politely' said, "It's different." But he also offered a good point. Maybe this isn't the final suit? He used Batman as an example, how they change his suit by the end of the film or whatever, so maybe they'll give Superman his own final suit? Interestingly duh apologists are coming up with the same questions.

Anyone know if Zack Snyder has his own blog or whatever so that we can send him hate e-mail?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next