Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Official Catwoman Pic

4 posters

Go down

First Official Catwoman Pic Empty First Official Catwoman Pic

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

*SIGH*

After the pic of Henry Cavill as Supes, now WB has made sure that we get our 1st look at Catwoman, or should I say 'Selina Kyle':

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168123-its-anne-hathaways-qcatwomanq-from-dark-knight-rises

It's Anne Hathaway's "Catwoman" from Dark Knight Rises!
by Edward Douglas
August 05, 2011

Just one day after Warner Bros. revealed the very first picture of Henry Cavill as Superman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, they've given us another treat with the first official photo of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

Yesterday, a number of less official photos leaked from the set in Pittsburgh, so Warner Bros. proactively made sure that a better official picture of Hathaway's character turned up unannounced on the official site TheDarkKnightRises.com, and it looks like the spandex-clad thief has stolen Batman's Batpod! Mind you, the site clearly refers to her as "Selina Kyle" rather than directly as "Catwoman," which may be somewhat telling that like "Harvey Two-Face," Nolan is going for a more realistic approach to the character.

As per the Cavill request, puh-leeeaaazzzeee someone upload this pic! Nolan's REALISM strikes again!

It looks like it'd finally come to the point that 'enough is enough'! Certainly in the years after Nolan's departure someone else will use their own vision & not necessarily follow his continuity. Not that his films are bad. No. But this 'CAN'T & WON'T' use certain characters & comics elements because they're, well, 'too comic booky', has got to go!

What I find interesting here is that, although I myself don't play video games, but when I watch these trailers for various games on say like, SHH, I watch a trailer for a Batman video game & it has the fantastical as well as the realistic! Case in point. I don't remember the name of the latest game but it features the PENGUIN who looks like a cross between Tim Burton's version & the classic interpretation of the character, but talks more like the classic. Oh, & get this. Who takes a swing at Batman? "SOLOMON GRUNDY! NOT BORN ON A MONDAY!"

See, that's what I'm saying. If these video games can present such stories, which probably have any number of the rogues gallery, then why can't the films? The games are popular, right? The films could equally succeed IMHO.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

First Official Catwoman Pic Empty Re: First Official Catwoman Pic

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

There is also some other photos of anne stunt actor in the suit too. Now first nice to finally get look at catwomen. I don't think its to bad. Also on another board someone made the comment that this suit we see here could be selina early look/prototype suit. Like bruce had in bb. Also reports did say they where going for more tatical look like more modern comics have. Hopefully it will evovle more.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

First Official Catwoman Pic Selina12

First Official Catwoman Pic Catwom11

So yeah, Scarlett Johansson called. She wants her Iron Man 2 costume back.

non_amos wrote:As per the Cavill request, puh-leeeaaazzzeee someone upload this pic!
Done and done, old friend.

Nolan's REALISM strikes again!
No shit.

It looks like it'd finally come to the point that 'enough is enough'! Certainly in the years after Nolan's departure someone else will use their own vision & not necessarily follow his continuity.
I wonder about that sometimes. A lot of Hollywood types have a strange insecurity about the source material. The fans are almost as bad sometimes. Even after Nolan is gone, I've wondered that we might just get more of the same "realistic" shit.

Not that his films are bad. No.

Well, there's no accounting for taste, let's say that.

But this 'CAN'T & WON'T' use certain characters & comics elements because they're, well, 'too comic booky', has got to go!
I agree. I had... well, I can't call it an argument. But I had a discussion about this basic issue with a dude who works at my comic shop. He loves the idea of comic book movies because people come to his store wanting to read more about, say, Green Lantern.

Well, inevitably they get disappointed in the differences between the comic and the movie and the comic book store dude sees this as an opportunity to deprogram the guy and set him straight on what the comics are all about.

He said that 9 times out of 10, they eventually come to be disappointed in the movies for not being more like the comics. Heh, makes me wish he could've gotten his hands on some Apologists back in 2006. But no use crying over that one anymore.

Point is that the comics are strong enough to stand on their own. There's this bizarre, self-loathing assumption a lot of comic fans have that, just by virtue of being comics, any adaptation must make changes because certain things are "too goofy" or what have you for wide audiences.

To me, that implies that comic book fans are either incredibly smart or incredibly stupid, and I can't really accept or believe either of those.

What I find interesting here is that, although I myself don't play video games, but when I watch these trailers for various games on say like, SHH, I watch a trailer for a Batman video game & it has the fantastical as well as the realistic! Case in point. I don't remember the name of the latest game but it features the PENGUIN who looks like a cross between Tim Burton's version & the classic interpretation of the character, but talks more like the classic. Oh, & get this. Who takes a swing at Batman? "SOLOMON GRUNDY! NOT BORN ON A MONDAY!"

See, that's what I'm saying. If these video games can present such stories, which probably have any number of the rogues gallery, then why can't the films? The games are popular, right? The films could equally succeed IMHO.
You're preaching to the choir, dude. But the other thing here is that putting characters like Superman or Batman in a realistic setting only underscores how realistic they are not. I could maybe buy that for a Marvel film since that universe makes some pretense toward being more or less "our world" (although there's necessarily a very sci-fi edge there) but it just doesn't play anywhere near as well with DC characters.

Look, back in the 1970's, I'm sure Richard Donner needed all the artistic credibility he could get. So you eliminate the supervillains and other stuff as mass audiences genuinely weren't accustomed to anything that went too far beyond the gritty, cynical, more realistic films they'd been weaned on up to that point and, in any case, even Donner had to overcome the stigma of Adam West.

But these days? Sorry, but a heavily science-fantasy, "comic booky" Superman would hardly be the most outlandish film concept mass audiences have been introduced to in the 15 or 20 years.

EDIT- To bring it all somewhat back to topic, it looks like this stuff with the Black Catwoman Widow could take place in the same sequence as the Dwarf "Bane"/Batman fight. And the fake snow obviously implies a winter setting. So hmm.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm

First Official Catwoman Pic Selina12[/url]

First Official Catwoman Pic Meh
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm surprised no one saw this:

*EDIT* False Alarm. Fake.

My initial reaction still stands.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm surprised no one saw this:

Huh?! What did I miss?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 pm

non_amos wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm surprised no one saw this:

Huh?! What did I miss?

A photo-shopped picture, nothing important.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:27 pm

More updates from Anne Hathaway:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168153-anne-hathaway-on-christopher-nolans-the-dark-knight-rises

Anne Hathaway on Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises
by SuperHeroHype
August 09, 2011

There's been a lot of speculation about Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises ever since the picture on the left was released early Friday morning. Now, Anne Hathaway has addressed the photo and more while promoting her new movie One Day.

Hathaway was asked by Shockya about all the photos from the set that have come online since the production started filming in Pittsburgh.

"It's disappointing. I think everyone feels a slight frustration with it because those stills so undercut the work that's being done," she said.

But the actress added that it's not ruining the movie. "No, no one's nervous about it. I mean, honestly, like, wait till you see this movie. Chris is doing insane things in it. And it's gonna be marvelous and it's gonna be way beyond what anyone imagines that it could be. You can't imagine the things that he's doing, at least I couldn't until I read the script and I was like, 'You're really? Okay, you're going there!' And it's Chris Nolan; even the picture that he released of me, that's not everything. That's like a tenth of what the catsuit is. And I've got to say, I find it frustrating and I know he finds it frustrating, but I also think that he's having fun with it, kind of like spooning out secrets. He has a lot more control than you think."

The production will pick up shooting in the city tomorrow again and filming should last there through August 20th.

It seems she & others may be aware of the negative reaction from the fans? Look how she emphasizes just what Nolan is capable of, like, in 'you're really going there'? Whatcha gonna do, Nolan, break Batman's back via THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE?! It seems Hathaway was trying to give her own version of a disclaimer & trying to reinforce just how 'awesome' Nolan really is.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one who smelled serious spin control there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:37 am

This came out a few days ago, and even though I wanted her as Lois, this REEKS of "You fat nerds are too stupid to "get it"":
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668688/dark-knight-rises-anne-hathaway-catwoman-reaction.jhtml

Anne Hathaway Responds To 'Dark Knight Rises' Catwoman Reaction
'If you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do,' actress promises MTV News.
By Kara Warner (@karawarner) with reporting by Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz)

It was the photo that launched a thousand blog posts, tweets and message-board debates. Last week, the Web was ablaze when Warner Bros. released the first photo of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle in "The Dark Knight Rises."

MTV News was immediately on the case, offering up our own analysis, as well as thoughts from a few experts on what the photo of Hathaway in costume, riding what looked to be Batman's motorcycle, meant for the character and her assumed transformation into Catwoman.

Check out our photo analysis of Hathaway's Catwoman.

Now, in knowing how tight-lipped the "Dark Knight Rises" stars are sworn to be about the films, when we caught up with Hathaway as she promoted the upcoming movie "One Day," we didn't expect her to offer any commentary about the photo — but she surprised us.

"I was not going to admit it: I asked someone to send me a few reactions [to the photo]," she said. "And I happen to know that MTV's reaction was 'meh.' "

Now, we're not sure about the "meh" quote, but we will admit to using the phrases "cautiously optimistic," "unflattering" and "underwhelming" in our analysis.

Regardless, Hathaway said that no matter the first impressions, there is a lot more happening with that suit.

"What I am happy to say is, if you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do," she promised. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

So, in an OFFICIAL release, where we weren't shown ANYTHING, we have "bad taste" when we call it a turd-sandwich?

First Official Catwoman Pic Bitch-please
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 am

It's Hard-ly Bane that we really should be worried about! Walking around in those scenes with an accent that sounds like he's impersonating an aristocratic English snob or something! Are we really supposed to take that seriously? Oh sure, Nolan will dub his voice, whatever. What will he sound like then? Christian Bale?! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 pm

more catwomen photos on batpod:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CoastToCoastStation/news/?a=44197
webhead2006
webhead2006