Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR

+2
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises
Anne Hathaway to Play Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises!
by SuperHeroHype
Jan 19th, 2011And Tom Hardy is set to play Bane
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies."

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Great to finally know at least one of the lead female roles. I was really hoping to see selina/catwoman again. I hope nolan does the character well. Also its great choice in anne she is a good actress. Though i did wish she wasnt selected for batman so she could have done superman and be lois lane. Also interesting that hardy will be bane. I didnt expect this character at all. I thought he would have been black mask or hugo strange per the on going rumors. Now i cant wait to see who else is cast.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Idiotic fucking title)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty Re: Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Bane? In the Nolanverse? I remain skeptical.

But, with apologies to the Apologist Puncher, at least this gets Anne Hathaway off the table as Lois.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty Re: Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Ya i am surprise bane is going to be in the film. Now i know the joel S film totally screwed the character over in what he is and all that. I vaguely remember him from BTAS show. I am curious to see how nolan uses him.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:44 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya i am surprise bane is going to be in the film. Now i know the joel S film totally screwed the character over in what he is and all that. I vaguely remember him from BTAS show. I am curious to see how nolan uses him.
I know basically nothing about Tom Hardy but is he American? British? Bane, being from South America, should have a South American accent. Wonder if Nolan will go that route... or if he'll totally reinvent the character and give him an established name (as seems to be Nolan's MO). We'll see, I guess.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 pm

could be i dont know much on comics bane, did they ever give him a real name/alias he used?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm

webhead2006 wrote:could be i dont know much on comics bane, did they ever give him a real name/alias he used?
Last time I checked in, he didn't have an actual name. He was just "Bane". He was born in a prison and nobody ever gave him a name.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:26 pm

ah ok then colors, i might have to wiki him later to learn some more details on the character. AS i dont know much on comics bane much. But still cant wait to see how hardy will look/play the character. same with anne as selina kyle, and i do hope she will be catwoman in the film. right why bother doing just selina and skipping out on catwoman side of the character. Plus come on i am sure nolan would treat the character a whole lot better then the mess halle berry film was. plus being finale nolan batman film would love to see her be catwoman too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:50 pm

webhead2006 wrote:why bother doing just selina and skipping out on catwoman side of the character.
I wouldn't put it past him.

Plus come on i am sure nolan would treat the character a whole lot better then the mess halle berry film was.
So? Being better than the Halle Berry crapfest doesn't automatically make something good.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:52 pm

true but it would be nice if she is catowman. Her being a thief could be a nice storyline to play with bruce's emotions for love and his duty as batman and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty RE: Two official casting news!!!!

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Please explain something to me. Tom Hardy may have a 'DAB' of muscular physique but HOW are they gonna portray him as BANE who looks like a friggin' 'Hulk' type?! I know BATMAN & ROBIN sucked but at least THAT guy had the mass! Even though he was a bobybuilder/wrestler, 'Jeep' Swenson (sp?) was like 400 SOLID pounds but then I think he died of a heart attack, no doubt brought on by 'performance-enhancing agents'. So what is NOLAN going for? A TOTALLY different direction?

Also, WHY use BANE? Hey Nolan! What's wrong with the PENGUIN or the RIDDLER?! They're FAR more well known to the general movie-going public & we ALL know you'd do YOUR take on them anyway, so what's up with THAT?! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Ya i would have thought riddler or peguin would have been right up nolan's alley for characters to use through the yrs. Though then there was reports before nolan didnt like peguin for what ever reasons and then riddler being cross off the list awhile ago. But i guess he and his brother/goyer came up with something good to use for bane and possibly catwoman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty RE: Two official casting news!!!!

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:27 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya i would have thought riddler or peguin would have been right up nolan's alley for characters to use through the yrs. Though then there was reports before nolan didnt like peguin for what ever reasons and then riddler being cross off the list awhile ago. But i guess he and his brother/goyer came up with something good to use for bane and possibly catwoman.

But Nolan wouldn't have used Tim Burton's version of the Penguin anyway! Now I didn't particularly LIKE that version myself because BURTON changed the character. However, I remember Colors saying one time, possibly on the old 'Steve' site that if Nolan used the Penguin, then he'd be just 'another Mob boss' or some such. I STILL rather see the Penguin though. AAARRRGGGHHGH!!!!! Mad

Last edited by non_amos on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong emoticon)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:41 pm

well in the comics isnt peguin a more regular mob like character? only certain cartoons/and burton changed him up alot?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 pm

webhead2006 wrote:well in the comics isnt peguin a more regular mob like character? only certain cartoons/and burton changed him up alot?

Well, I'm not an authority on Batman's villains per se as far as IN-DEPTH comics versions but I DO know from my childhood as well as the Adam West TV series just HOW the Penguin was portrayed. He was a funny-looking little man, little in height but not necessarily in weight. He was always dressed in a tuxedo & top hat, black in color with the white shirt. He seemed to have a 'monacle', IF that's the correct word, in one eye. You know, like HALF of a pair of glasses. Think Col. Klink from the old TV show HOGAN'S HEROES. It seemed like he chomped on a cigar. He also had an ARSENAL of weapons, what with his umbrellas & such, kinda like the JOKER had a million gags. I don't know much else about him but THAT is the version I remember.

I seem to recall that when Tim Burton did BATMAN RETURNS that he has said that he DIDN'T like that for the Penguin, so in his own twisted Burton way, he concocted the 'half-man, half-bird' crapola. Sure, Danny DeVito is a GREAT actor but I didn't especially LIKE that version. I like the film overall fairly well but not as good as the first one & I'm sure that's at least PART of the reason.

We ALL know that IF Nolan had done the Penguin, he WOULDN'T have done THAT version, so yeah, he would've gone for the 'mob boss' approach with his 'ultra-realism', but in SPITE of that, I think it could've worked, & it would've been better than explaining a Joker who wears MAKEUP! And what happened to the rumor of Phillip Seymour Hoffman supposedly going to play the Penguin?

Another thing Nolan needs to consider. His THIRD film is so obviously NOT gonna top TDK in billion-dollar sales. For one thing, Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was a VERY controversial issue even BEFORE his death so it STILL would've done very well but probably not quite as well. However, his death catapulted it into what I'd call 'the Elvis syndrome', exponentially INCREASING ticket sales. THIS time I don't expect Nolan to HAVE that kind of windfall. Also, doesn't Nolan need some MAJOR star power to push this thing over the edge? Sure, Anne Hathaway is great & all & Tom Hardy may be OK & all but doesn't Nolan REALLY need the star power of say, a Johnny Depp or even a Leonardo DiCaprio? The latter of whom just gave Nolan success with INCEPTION. So Hardy was ALSO in Inception. WHO CARES?! THAT'S my point.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I do hope he will make a good film and it does well. I to expect it wont be as great as a bo then tdk but it probably will do well enough hopefully.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Well I knew this infromation would be posted here sooner or later but now that it did it's intresting to here that Selina Kyle/Catwoman will appear in "The Dark Knight Rises" aleast this might regain Catwoman's dignity after that fall out with Halle Berry portraying the role back in 2004 and the same can be said about Bane, after that fall out with "Batman & Robin" back in 1998 this is also an opportunity for Bane to regain his dignity.

Also I just come across a couple of concept art pics of what Bane might look like in TDKR and this is from Comicbookmovie.com by the ways...

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 22404l10

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 22405l10

Still kind of disappointed that Riddler is not in this one though he would have been badass in Nolan's direction!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Bane? In the Nolanverse? I remain skeptical.

But, with apologies to the Apologist Puncher, at least this gets Anne Hathaway off the table as Lois.

Allow me to repeat myself from the Lois thread:

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR No-darth_vader
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well I knew this infromation would be posted here sooner or later but now that it did it's intresting to here that Selina Kyle/Catwoman will appear in "The Dark Knight Rises" aleast this might regain Catwoman's dignity after that fall out with Halle Berry portraying the role back in 2004 and the same can be said about Bane, after that fall out with "Batman & Robin" back in 1998 this is also an opportunity for Bane to regain his dignity.

Also I just come across a couple of concept art pics of what Bane might look like in TDKR and this is from Comicbookmovie.com by the ways...

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 22404l10

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 22405l10

Still kind of disappointed that Riddler is not in this one though he would have been badass in Nolan's direction!

Don't be so gullible.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 pm

non_amos wrote:Please explain something to me. Tom Hardy may have a 'DAB' of muscular physique but HOW are they gonna portray him as BANE who looks like a friggin' 'Hulk' type?! I know BATMAN & ROBIN sucked but at least THAT guy had the mass! Even though he was a bobybuilder/wrestler, 'Jeep' Swenson (sp?) was like 400 SOLID pounds but then I think he died of a heart attack, no doubt brought on by 'performance-enhancing agents'. So what is NOLAN going for? A TOTALLY different direction?

Not to mention, especially if you watched Inception, Tom Hardy looked like a dwarf compared to DiCaprio.

Bane? Seriously?

Also, WHY use BANE? Hey Nolan! What's wrong with the PENGUIN or the RIDDLER?! They're FAR more well known to the general movie-going public & we ALL know you'd do YOUR take on them anyway, so what's up with THAT?! Evil or Very Mad

The ONLY thing I can think of, is they were already done in a SUCCESSFUL film. Bane? Not so much.

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 1_771261607l
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am

non_amos wrote:But Nolan wouldn't have used Tim Burton's version of the Penguin anyway! Now I didn't particularly LIKE that version myself because BURTON changed the character.
Oh? The Penguin in the comics of the time had basically "jack" and "shit" going for him as a character. WB forced the Penguin into the proceedings and so Burton took a lot what had been established in the comics (penchant for high society, delusions of grandeur, bird fetish, etc) and added in additional characteristics to give him the mojo he'd need to sustain a film narrative.

Nolan? He basically invented an original character and slapped the Jonathan Crane name on there. Major difference.

However, I remember Colors saying one time, possibly on the old 'Steve' site that if Nolan used the Penguin, then he'd be just 'another Mob boss' or some such.
I stand by it too.

non_amos wrote:I seem to recall that when Tim Burton did BATMAN RETURNS that he has said that he DIDN'T like that for the Penguin, so in his own twisted Burton way, he concocted the 'half-man, half-bird' crapola.
As I said above, he took what was in the comics and then added to it because the original character was insufficiently developed for him to build a film narrative around... as WB was insisting he do.

We ALL know that IF Nolan had done the Penguin, he WOULDN'T have done THAT version, so yeah, he would've gone for the 'mob boss' approach with his 'ultra-realism', but in SPITE of that, I think it could've worked, & it would've been better than explaining a Joker who wears MAKEUP! And what happened to the rumor of Phillip Seymour Hoffman supposedly going to play the Penguin?
I think it ended up in the same place as the rumor that Johnny Depp would be playing the Riddler.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 am

So, will Nolan "flip the script" and use a LOT of CGI in TDK? Because I don't see how you make a 5'10 (And that's being generous) Tom Hardy:

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Tom_hardy-bronson

Look like a 6'8 Bane without it:

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR 77511-100908-bane_super

Nolan either "destroys" his "realism before faithfulness" take, or we get a VERY underwhelming and not quite so intimidating Bane in his next film.

I don't see any middle-ground.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty RE: Two Official Casting News!!!!

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:10 am

Not only is the obvious SIZE difference enough to make you question Nolan's motives, you also have to wonder, WHY Bane?! Like I said, there's FAR more OBVIOUS choices for villains & better ones. And after BATMAN & ROBIN why would Nolan even WANT to use the character?! But something else I thought of too. You recall that Nolan intends to somehow 'fix' his Batman trilogy so that NO ONE can follow his work? Well, is he gonna KILL Batman off? I mean, he killed off Two-Face & Aaron Eckhart was even WILLING to come back & Nolan was like, no. So who knows where he'll take Batman?!

Is he gonna follow the comics & have Bane break Batman's back? Now I didn't read that storyline when it came out because I was actually following the aftermath of 'THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN' & I didn't read the Batman story but I WAS aware it was going on. I recall sometime later seeing that 'replacement' for Batman, called 'AZRAEL' I believe, with a weird metallic looking out-fit, kinda like Batman but different. However, didn't he turn out to be an ANGEL?! Or some other supernatural explanation?! So then you've got AZRAEL mopping the floor with Bane like Bane didn't stand a chance!

The point here, Nolan, is that IF you're gonna 'adapt' the storyline, don't you need to be faithful to the SOURCE MATERIAL?! Do YOU think Nolan will go for that supernatural element? I don't! And anyone correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not an expert on the Batman comics but I do remember seeing that back in the day. And even IF Nolan 'offs' Batman, do you think WB will just abide by that forever? Can you say..........REBOOT AGAIN?! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

I too am curious to see what nolan does with bane. Also how he plans to end his series. Now sure he could kill or crippled his batman to end his story. But I don't see what would be the issue with wb doing another batman film a few yrs down the road. Where it can be a new directors take or just one off types of films. We don't really need to see full blown origin of bruce again. If anything if next film take will do a quick flashback scene and there you go.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Anne Hathaway Cast As Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Cast As Bane In TDKR Empty RE: Two Official Casting News

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Have to go to work but here's some MORE info besides just Henry Cavill:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125274-anne-hathaways-dark-knight-rises-costume-test-qphenomenalq

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Robin-Williams-Unlikely-to-Appear-as-Hugo-Strange-in-Batman-3/4949

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 am

non_amos wrote:http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Robin-Williams-Unlikely-to-Appear-as-Hugo-Strange-in-Batman-3/4949
Not too big a surprise, actually. That guy has almost been cast in Batman movies so many times now that I'm starting to think this just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next