Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official title has been announced!!!

4 posters

Go down

Official title has been announced!!! Empty Official title has been announced!!!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm surprise that nobody haven't posted this yet but according to a news article from Superherohype.com aside from the news concerning Michael Shannon being cast as Zod it also turns out the official title for the reboot has been announced and the title is... "The Man of Steel", okay really? Seriously?? Is that the best title they can think of for a "Superman" reboot?

First off, why title a "Superman" reboot film "The Man of Steel"? Okay sure, the Man of Steel is indeed Supe's nickname which the same can be said about the Dark Knight being Batman's nickname but last time I checked the name "The Dark Knight" was the title for the sequel to "Batman Begins". So why couldn't they save "The Man of Steel" title for a sequel instead? What title will they use for future sequels if they use this title for the first film?

The least they can do is put the name Superman infront of that title and might as well be called "Superman: Man of Steel" so that people will know it's a Superman film despite using the S shield with the "The Man of Steel" title infront of it which I bet they'll probably pull off! Plus, there are other titles they could come up with and use for this film and here's some examples...

SUPERMAN BEGINS

SUPERMAN YEAR ONE

SUPERMAN GENESIS

SUPERMAN REBIRTH

Either one of these titles would be fine and just save "The Man of Steel" title for a second installment just like Nolan did with his "Batman" films!

Thoughts anyone?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Official title has been announced!!! Empty Re: Official title has been announced!!!

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 am

I have ZERO issue with it being called simply "The Man Of Steel". The last film had a title similar to what you posted, and look how THAT turned out. This title CONFIRMS that it will be something different.

And it's definitely not "out of the ordinary":
Official title has been announced!!! Man_of_Steel_1
Official title has been announced!!! Steel
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Official title has been announced!!! Empty Re: Official title has been announced!!!

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:54 am

Is it "Superman- The Man of Steel"? Or just "Man of Steel"?

The wannabe marketing dude in me thinks the name "Superman" needs to be in there at some point for clarity. TDK's box office kicks the shit out of THAT theory though.

As to the legitimacy of using such a name (aside from AP's examples)...

Official title has been announced!!! 250px-Superman_Man_of_Steel_1

Sorry but the badassitude pretty much drips off that cover right there.

On top of all that, a great big part of me likes the idea of the reboot using the sequel's name. It's sort of like a parting shot to the Singerman "franchise". When people use the abbreviation "MOS" to refer to a movie in the future... they WON'T be referring to Singerman 2- Boy of Pleather!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Is it "Superman- The Man of Steel"? Or just "Man of Steel"?

The wannabe marketing dude in me thinks the name "Superman" needs to be in there at some point for clarity. TDK's box office kicks the shit out of THAT theory though.

"Man Of Steel". Short & Sweet.

As to NEEDING to have Superman in there, I think a "teaser poster" using what is on that Byrne cover would be bad ass. The S-Symbol with the words Man Of Steel under it.

Nothing more needs to be said.

As to the legitimacy of using such a name (aside from AP's examples)...

Official title has been announced!!! 250px-Superman_Man_of_Steel_1

Sorry but the badassitude pretty much drips off that cover right there.

Loves me some Bogdanove.

On top of all that, a great big part of me likes the idea of the reboot using the sequel's name. It's sort of like a parting shot to the Singerman "franchise". When people use the abbreviation "MOS" to refer to a movie in the future... they WON'T be referring to Singerman 2- Boy of Pleather!

Exactly, since that was NEVER officially listed as the title of a Singerman follow-up. The Apologists just kept repeating it back & forth to each other and it became "reality" to them.

As we ALL know, Reality + Apologist = FAIL.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Exactly, since that was NEVER officially listed as the title of a Singerman follow-up. The Apologists just kept repeating it back & forth to each other and it became "reality" to them.
Yeah, that's something else actually. I wanted to ask about that. To my recollection, the MOS thing came out of a rumored something or other from Comicon 2006. Basically, just about the time the movie opened, hey, a supposed sequel title started marking the rounds. But I don't recall that title ever being codified by any official source. As far as I can remember, Singer just referred to it a variation on "the sequel". So did other folks in a position to know.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Ya I don't see the problem with the title at all.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down