Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Woman's Return To TV

+3
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV - Page 5 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's Return To TV

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 pm

A clip of the show. I'd embed the thing here but I lack the code and am too lazy to search YouTube for it.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150388451792575
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 am

More? Yeah, there's more.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150386922427575

If nothing else, I'm now pretty much sold on Palicki in the role. She's got my vote if a JLA movie ever gets up off the ground.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 am

Nice action Scenes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:36 pm

For those of you with bad taste, here's the pilot in it's entirety.

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

Don't ask me how it is. I didn't watch it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am

Not to resurrect an old thread or a topic for that matter but I just want to let everyone know (Although they may not care and I'm cool with that) that I downloaded the pilot and toke a look for myself and all I got to say was "eh", since I find it on the level of being "so-so"!

The action scenes were okay but the rest I don't approve... Diana runs her own industry that is name after her suppose place of origin (Themyscira), equips her with her costume and her jet (Not an invisible one) along with her self-merchandising and for the most part everybody (Literally) knows Diana & Wonder Woman are two of the same! Seriously really??! I say the creators must have taken a page book from another comic book character who also happens to own his own industry that equips him with tech and becomes a super hero on any given day. And oh yeah, she's depowered to a minimum range!

Bottomline... They should just focus on bringing WW to the big screen and lay off the small screen treatment and sticking to the source material.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm bumping this due to this recent development. This might should actually go in the TV section but I didn't see a category for Wonder Woman. Anywho:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172565-the-cw-developing-a-wonder-woman-series

The CW Developing a Wonder Woman Series?

by Spencer Perry
September 06, 2012

The CW must be really confident in what they've seen for their upcoming show Arrow, or they just remember how much success they had from "Smallville" and they don't want it to go away any time soon. Vulture is reporting that the CW is currently shepherding a new TV series about none other than Wonder Woman for their network.

Allan Heinberg, who has written both "Wonder Woman" comics and the CW series Gilmore Girls, has been tapped to write the script which bears the working title "Amazon." As of now, the script is all that has been ordered. There's no pilot or series commitment yet, and Heinberg is taking the character back to the beginning with a retelling of the origin. Vulture says the series "will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty."

It hasn't quite been a year since the last incarnation of Wonder Woman tried to get on TV from David E. Kelley - hopefully this series makes it further.

So let me get this straight. First we're getting 'ARROW' who's ashamed to be called GREEN ARROW & is also ashamed of 'comic booky'. Now we're gonna get 'AMAZON' who is possibly ashamed to be called WONDER WOMAN? Will she even have super-powers? Or is it just 'par for the course'?

Another winner from duh CW?! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Never forget that WB let go of Joss Whedon in favor of Joel Silver's opinion five years ago, the biggest fuck up.

And for fuck's sake, stop with these damned TV shows! Go for the big screen! Rolling Eyes
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm

I found another link which reiterates some of the same but watch for the punchline in bold:

http://screencrush.com/the-cw-wonder-woman/

Here we go again, folks. Just when you thought that David E. Kelley’s 2011 ‘Wonder Woman‘ reboot at NBC had officially laid the character to rest among the TV landscape, The CW is looking to summon their own version of the classic DC superhero for an hour-long drama. But will the new Wonder Woman be Diana of Themyscira as we know her, or a new modern take akin to ‘Smallville‘ or the upcoming ‘Arrow?’

Vulture is reporting that The CW has begun developing a script that would return Wonder Woman to live-action TV for the third time, under the working title of ‘Amazon.’ Written by Allan Heinberg (‘Grey’s Anatomy,’ ‘The O.C.’), The CW’s take would focus on the early days of a young Diana, akin to the network’s long-running Superman origin story ‘Smallville.’ The network has only ordered a script for now, though Heinberg’s work on the teen soaps as well as the ‘Young Avengers’ comics would certainly make he and the character a good fit for The CW.

Should The CW move forward with ‘Amazon,’ the series would prove the first successful live-action incarnation of Wonder Woman since the original Lynda Carter TV series, following the aborted David E- Kelley / Adrianne Palicki pilot in 2011, as well as numerous failed attempts to bring the character to the big screen. It isn’t known if ‘Amazon’ moving forward would impact a big-screen Wonder Woman, considering how DC is looking to get its ducks in a row for a ‘Justice League‘ film, though ‘Smallville’ certainly didn’t halt the release of ‘Superman Returns.’

If successful, ‘Amazon’ would join fellow DC character Green Arrow on The CW with its upcoming action-thriller ‘Arrow,’ though the producers of that series made clear their intentions to shy away from DC’s most iconic superheroes within their series.

What say you? Do you think ‘Amazon’ would be able to successfully translate Wonder Woman to the small screen? How would you like to see the character rebooted? Lasso up your thoughts in the comments below!

Did you get that? The producers of 'Arrow' are intentionally shying away from DC's iconic characters! You know, the kind of formula that earned MARVEL gazillions at the box office. Yeah, you guys, go ahead & follow that line of thinking for 'Amazon' as well. Here's a possible synopsis out of my own mind:

Diana Prince, like Oliver Queen, was stranded on an island, this one in the Amazons. She fought for her survival & made it back to civilization through 'the school of hard knocks'. Once there she encounters plenty of CW soap opera romance with her new boy-toy 'Steve' but later finds that she's bisexual when she shares a kiss with (insert female name). In the meantime she fights corporate white collar crime.

Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Jusrt read the news myself a short while ago. First glad to hear dc/wb is trrying again. I hope it turns out betterr then the david e jelly take/pilot. As for possible title I am not to huffy on title it could change from script to when the show airs/if it goes to series. Secondly hopefully they will do powers and all that. You kinda have to with ww. So crossing fingers this turns out well. And the new cw prez gets. More dc shows on the network.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

James Stocks wrote:Never forget that WB let go of Joss Whedon in favor of Joel Silver's opinion five years ago, the biggest fuck up.
I think a lot of people at WB are kicking themselves over it right now. In their defense though, "five years ago" was pretty close to the time Singerman tanked it at the box office and WB understandably had cold feet about most things comic book. It's a stupid decision in retrospect but I can see their logic in the moment.

James Stocks wrote:And for fuck's sake, stop with these damned TV shows! Go for the big screen! Rolling Eyes
Mmm, not sure I buy into that. When it comes to action stuff and effects, yeah, you can't beat a feature film's budget. But more and more I'm starting to think that a serialized format like TV is a better vehicle for comics.

non_amos wrote:
Once there she encounters plenty of CW soap opera romance with her new boy-toy 'Steve' but later finds that she's bisexual when she shares a kiss with (insert female name). In the meantime she fights corporate white collar crime.
Frustration
You said it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

COLORS EDIT- Goddamn, try again when you learn English.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

More news involving CW's plans on bringing WW to the small screen... With edition of the show being simply titled "Amazon" other planned descriptions are as followed according to some sources...

Originally illustrated by Nellie Andreeva:

She comes from a remote, secluded country and until now has spent most of her life as a soldier and a leader on the battlefield. Because of relentless brutality of her life at home, Iris looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment. She’s delighted and just as often horrified by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream. It’s all new and fascinating and sometimes slightly troubling to her. Iris is completely unschooled in our world, our culture, our customs. And she’s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. She has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what’s on her mind at all times. She’s bluntly, refreshingly honest. She can tell when you’re lying to her. And she doesn’t have time or patience for politics or tact because she’s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer. There are too many sights to see and things to learn and people to care for. Hers is a true, noble, and generous heart. And she will fight and die for the people she loves. Iris is a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic and she will fight to the death to make the world safe for innocents and true romantics everywhere.

All I can say is that I approve of the idea of the title character being raised on an remote, secluded country of some sort who was trained as a soldier through out her lifetime then wined up in civilization and try to understand & adjust to a world that she's not familiar with but the rest on the other hand... Well, not so much!!! No But damn'met seriously... Why don't they make a figgen movie for crying out load? Has the movie "Thor" ever taught the WB studio & DC Entertainment anything? Mad Mad Mad

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

I saw that over at SHH but I haven't even bothered to post it. Between work & everything else going on I just didn't take the time & it being so dead around here lately doesn't exactly motivate me either. Anyway, remember, this character is not Diana Prince but rather someone called IRIS.

And this is also why MARVEL will always be ahead of duh WB/DC in such matters. Lame
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Notice there was no mention of her having "abilities"?

I did.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

It sorta sounds like she might be in some war-torn country like that whole Bosnia/Serbia crapola in Eastern Europe. But the Amazons ain't there so I don't know where they're going with this. Same direction as Non-Green Arrow I guess. I watched the pilot for that & haven't bothered with it since.

Marvel Studios for the win! geek
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm

And just exactly what were you expecting?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174699-wonder-woman-drama-amazon-wont-premiere-this-fall

Wonder Woman Drama Amazon Won't Premiere This Fall

by Spencer Perry
January 28, 2013

Deadline is reporting that the potential CW series Amazon, based on the DC comics character Wonder Woman, will not go to the pilot stage at this time. The series, however, will stay in development at The CW for a potential pick up next pilot season or an 'off-cycle pilot' later this year.

The last update reported about the series were that they were actively casting for the role of Diana and when the script and casting were right, a pilot would be ordered.

Amazon is the working title of the series with writer Allan Heinberg penning the pilot script. Heinberg is no stranger to The CW or Wonder Woman, having written both "Wonder Woman" comics and The CW series "Gilmore Girls."

Are you dissapointed the series is being delayed? Sound off below!

The misspelled word there is courtesy of SHH, not me. Anyway, like I said, is this really a surprise? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 am

I can understand the allure of TV, esp for Wonder Woman. DC in general and Wonder Woman in particular have a good history of success on TV.

That said, it seems like nobody has a really good bead on what Wonder Woman ought to be. Oddly enough, that's certainly true of her in the comics. Hell, a lot of people who care more about her than I could ever pretend to argue that she hasn't really been handled well as a standalone character since the 60's -- and even that's being generous.

There's something to be said for developing a take on her ("warrior princess", "the superhero community's diplomat", "exotic explorer in a foreign land" or whatever else) and sticking by it. Maybe that's easy for me to say since I'm not the one investing millions of dollars and inevitably facing pressure to turn this into an insipid "girl power" type of show. Still, I think looking to SV for inspiration might be barking up the wrong tree. To the extent I give a shit about Wonder Woman at all (which is not much), I don't really care to see some type of "coming of age" drama. Why not follow a Buffy the Vampire Slayer type of route? I have no idea (or concern) what this might do to her canon but why not set up in the pilot that Diana is sent to man's world at about the age of 14 or 15, put her in high school and have her act as a sort of protector in a known trouble spot for some of Hippolyta's enemies? Skip calling her Wonder Woman and the secret identity stuff if you must (this is the CW after all) and avoiding trying to reinvent the wheel with a character 99% of people have heard of and just as many couldn't care less about?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

WB's greatest mistake concerning Wonder Woman is when they hired Joel Silver to produce who ended up butting heads with Whedon. I know by that point Silver had been a long time proven producer of successful action films thus had more clout than Whedon (who only just came off of Serenity and Angel), still it's a bummer we missed out on that.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

James Stocks wrote:WB's greatest mistake concerning Wonder Woman is when they hired Joel Silver to produce who ended up butting heads with Whedon. I know by that point Silver had been a long time proven producer of successful action films thus had more clout than Whedon (who only just came off of Serenity and Angel), still it's a bummer we missed out on that.
Eh. Wonder about that sometimes. I think pissing on WB too much post-Avengers is a kind of Monday morning quarterback thing to do. Still, I think the jury is out on Wonder Woman in terms of public appeal. It's one thing to be an icon. It's another to be a character that people really care about.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Given his work on Buffy, I think he could have done that for Wonder Woman.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 am

Apparently the TV show isn't happening. Between that and the lack of a solo movie, a lot of people are pissed.

I don't see the problem, actually. People want to view this in bullshit, PC, egalitarian terms. Fact is though that women tend not to be AS interested in comic stuff as men are. The other thing is that men tend not to be AS interested in female-dominated stories as women are.

Any exceptions you care to bring up only prove the rule. And what is the rule? Supergirl, Catwoman and Elektra didn't exactly light the box office on fire. Maybe those movies weren't as good as they could've been but they don't exactly enhance the egalitarians' position that women "need" to star in the movies because something something misogyny.

Because of that, shit like a Wonder Woman movie, for example, is a pain in the ass to market because you lose women on some aspect of it and you lose men on other aspects. The audience you eventually attract may very well not be large enough to entice very many advertisers. It's not sexism. It's just business. It's why precious fucking Marvel Studios still hasn't mounted a solo Black Widow film even though they've had damn near four years to do it.

Maybe MOS II will change peoples minds about all this but the way that it is now, there's just not very much business logic in bringing solo female superheros to the big screen in nine figure films. The numbers just don't make sense.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 am

Yep. Wonder Woman is not only being saved for Batman vs. Superman but without a doubt for the JLA film as well which I'm sure they're intent on making. And it's not just female characters either not getting solo films. As popular as Jeremy Renner was as Hawkeye in Avengers, Hawkeye ain't getting a solo film either. I guess it amounts to some supporting characters just not being worth the risk to the studio for a big-budget film outside the confines of their respective team-up films. Now Mark Ruffalo's HULK on the other hand, that's another story & I'd love to hear Marvel's explanation for that.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:09 am

What story is there to tell? Hulk was the break-out character of Avengers. Sad that it took two solo films and a team-up movie for people and Marvel to finally recognize Hulk's potential but whatever, at least it's happening now.

Or is it? Marvel hasn't done a hell of a lot to capitalize on Ruffalo or Hulk. The TV show... fuck, who knows what's going on there. Seems a waste without Ruffalo though (which I assume would be the case). As for movies, I've not seen an announcement about that either. It's been, what, a year and a half since Avengers and the most we've gotten is a jokey cameo in Iron Man 3's end credits. There's something to be said for pulling back and letting audiences get over your last media blitz but COME ON!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5