Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Woman's Return To TV

+3
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV Empty Wonder Woman's Return To TV

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Well as many probably read a few weeks back it was announce that a ww tv series was in the works. It will be exec produce by david e kelly. Just thought we make a thread to talk about what we hope turns out for this new take on ww. Also to bring some new details in here. Was just reading at what's playing that south african model/actress tanit pheonix is looking into/ is likely going to be considered for the role of diana and is liked by wb. Also at the site it mentioned that it might start out with a telemovie to premire the character. Which sounds cool. Also saw images of this lady she is pretty smoking looking. Also has the proper height too for the role. I don't know her work myself but if she lands the role wish her the best of luck.[b]
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV Empty Re: Wonder Woman's Return To TV

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Well as many probably read a few weeks back it was announce that a ww tv series was in the works. It will be exec produce by david e kelly. Just thought we make a thread to talk about what we hope turns out for this new take on ww. Also to bring some new details in here. Was just reading at what's playing that south african model/actress tanit pheonix is looking into/ is likely going to be considered for the role of diana and is liked by wb. Also at the site it mentioned that it might start out with a telemovie to premire the character. Which sounds cool. Also saw images of this lady she is pretty smoking looking. Also has the proper height too for the role. I don't know her work myself but if she lands the role wish her the best of luck.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 am

Sorry was on my cell when I made the post so I didn't have a link on hand of images of her. But if you google her name you are bound to find some.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Here is link to the whats playing article about ww:
http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/11/hollywood-insider-lost-girl-as-wonder-woman/

Also here is some photos of tanit pheonix:
Wonder Woman's Return To TV Tanit-phoenix-gm_l1
Wonder Woman's Return To TV Tanit-Phoenix-10
Wonder Woman's Return To TV Tanit-Phoenix-sexy-hot-beautiful-gorgeous-actress-20750936560
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Thank you.

Wasn't that hard, was it?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 am

No sorry ap just I didn't have the link on hand at the time of my first post. But as for this actress she def has the looks fior the role. Don't know her acting skills but if she is given test I hope she does well.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Some disapointing news, deadline is reporting the show is delayed/dead for now. Due to licensing fees and that cw/fox/nbc/cbs,abc(not a option with marvel now) citing production costs are too high. Hopefully the show isn't dead for good. Maybe they could find a home on a cable channel like syfy/amc/hbo/showtime/starz. This totally blows, was really hoping it would have happened. With them having kelly on this would have been a good show. Oh well hopefully it will still happen down the road. Here is the link to the story:
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/tv-wonder-woman-not-going-at-this-time/
TV 'Wonder Woman' Not Going At This Time
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday January 7, 2011 @ 7:30pm PST
Comments (19) Email This | Print This |
The TV reboot of Wonder Woman is being postponed. David E. Kelley's high-profile take on the female superhero has been shelved after not landing a deal at a broadcast network because of what sources called unfortunate timing. The project hails from DC sibling Warner Bros. TV where Kelley is based with an overall deal. The Practice creator Kelley had been looking to do a contemporary take on the World War II-era Amazon, and at the end of September, he met with the DC team, who also had been looking for ways to launch a new Wonder Woman TV franchise. Soon after the meeting, Kelley started working on a pilot script, which, like his other recent projects, was written on spec. The script was reportedly taken out to the broadcast networks on Wednesday night. Fox and ABC passed, while WBTV's sister network the CW could not afford it. While the project was never considered a fit for Fox and was taken to the network mostly out of courtesy, the ABC pass was more politically motivated. With its empowered female lead, Wonder Woman seems well suited for for the network, but word is a potential DC-Marvel clash got in the way. ABC parent Disney acquired Marvel last year for $4 billion, and ABC and Marvel have been busy developing Marvel properties, including a Hulk series with Guillermo del Toro and David Eick and an adaptation of a Marvel female superhero, Jessica Jones, with Twilight writer Melissa Rosenberg. This left CBS and NBC in play. I hear the CBS executive team was split, while the fluid situation at NBC where new programming chief Bob Greenblatt is yet to take the reins, made it impossible to get the type of license fee that the studio was seeking in order to do the show Kelley had envisioned. So a decision was made not to go with the show at this time. The script may be taken out again in the future.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Changed the Thread title because it ain't happenin'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm

It blows it not happening right now. Dam problems/money. As I said above really would have liked to see what kelly was going to do with ww.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:57 pm

webhead2006 wrote:It blows it not happening right now. Dam problems/money. As I said above really would have liked to see what kelly was going to do with ww.

Won't happen at all.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:21 pm

http://www.ksitetv.com/4941/david-e-kelley-thinks-positively-about-wonder-womans-tv-future/
David E. Kelley Thinks Positively About Wonder Woman’s TV Future
Written by Craig Byrne (1240 Posts) - Posted on January 13 2011

Although a new Wonder Woman television show is a no-go for next season, writer David E. Kelley told reporters at the Television Critics Association Winter Press tour that he is still optimistic that it will happen.

TVLine’s Matt Mitovich reported from the event which was held today (January 13). “The bottom line is I had a lot of fun writing it, and we’re still optimistic that we’re going to do it,” Kelley said. “We’ve got a script that [Warner Bros. TV] and DC are very excited about.”

As to why Wonder Woman didn’t make it for Fall 2011, Kelley is understanding. “It’s a huge project… so it was a bit much to ask anyone to chew off for this next season,” he said. “But I think everybody’s confident we are going to see it.”

So there you have it. Wonder Woman could live after all! Though it is too bad it wouldn’t be ready for Fall 2011. Despite the costs, it could prove to be a worthwhile venture…. especially for a network like The CW, whose predecessor The WB took an expensive risk on a Superman TV series which paid dividends for 10 years.

Thanks to Chris for the tip.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV Empty RE: Wonder Woman's Not Possible Return To TV

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 am

Basically the same info is at SHH but I'm too lazy to go back & get the link (worked last night) but it says pretty much the same thing. I don't understand why the CW doesn't just go with it. I mean, it's not like they're still gonna have SMALLVILLE around, now IS it?! Oh, CW doesn't have the money, that's right! Well HOW then did they do Smallville for 10 years?! I could possibly go for this series IF it ever sees the light of day. I just wonder how it'll be compared to the ORIGINAL TV series with Lynda Carter? She OWNED the role at THAT time! One thing's for CERTAIN, though. There IS gonna be a new HULK series AFTER the Avengers is in theaters & Guillermo Del Toro is involved in it so that should definitely be good but of course, it'll be compared to the original also. Ya know, the show with Lou Ferrigno & Bill Bixby may look dated now & even campy to some degree but it was indeed one of my favorite TV series. One thing about THAT though, Bill Bixby (R.I.P.) was an AWESOME actor! He could really convey a WIDE range of emotions in that program & seemed to be the REAL DEAL. He really knew his craft. Whoever they get to play Banner, Bruce or 'David', I'm just not sure they'll have the 'chops' that Bixby had, even IF the FX are superior.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Ya non was just reading the shh article this morning. As for cw we got to remember sv was from the wb first so the wb network had alot more money to play with then the cw did/does when it was made. Second sv budget and I am sure alot of the other shows budgets have been slashed through the yrs on cw. Heck if I recall at its most sv was getting around 3mill plus per episode but now only like 1.5-2mill for episodes. A member on shh boards mentioned that before. Then for cw itself it has been stated in various places that they where not doing that great finiacally. Personally if kelly gets it going in another yr I rather see it go to a netowkr that has more money and gets a wider audience draw. Cw would be nice and should have first dibs on dc stuff due to its half owned by wb and all. But with dawn o finally leaving this yr. I rather wait to see what her replacement does and see if they cqn get the network in a more stable finacial place.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV Empty RE: Wonder Woman's Not Possible Return To TV

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:18 am

Looks like this is a go AFTER all:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114146-nbc-picks-up-wonder-woman-after-all

I just wonder why they could never get their act together on the FILM version?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I just read the news myself. Great to hear that after all nbc will give it a go. Can't wait to see who is cast, other crew memebers. The of course tone/setting/costumes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 am

non_amos wrote:Looks like this is a go AFTER all:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114146-nbc-picks-up-wonder-woman-after-all

I just wonder why they could never get their act together on the FILM version?!

Color me flabbergasted.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

I hope kelly treats her right also hopefully they will have dc guys come on board as producers/writers too. Like how sv had a bunch through the yrs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Tvline is reporting that mcg may direct the ww pilot for david e kelly. Now I know most don't really like him. But his tv work has been good on chuck/supernatural and some other shows. Plus if its just the pklot he probably wont have anything else to input on the show itself. Can't wait to see who does land the pilot, and other crew/cast coming on board.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Wonder Woman's Return To TV Empty RE: Wonder Woman's Return To TV

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Tvline is reporting that mcg may direct the ww pilot for david e kelly. Now I know most don't really like him. But his tv work has been good on chuck/supernatural and some other shows. Plus if its just the pklot he probably wont have anything else to input on the show itself. Can't wait to see who does land the pilot, and other crew/cast coming on board.

I found this link:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114322-mcg-approached-for-wonder-woman-

McG gets a LOT of flack from duh apologists, whether we're talking related to Superman OR the Terminator franchise. Some of that is obviously because of Charlie's Angels but let's face it, he does a GREAT job on SUPERNATURAL & even appeared on an episode before. If he can translate his SUPERNATURAL success to Wonder Woman it could be better than we realize. As for TERMINATOR SALVATION, I actually LIKED the film myself. It was certainly better than the 3rd film but I guess some director's can't win for losing when it comes to 'duh apologists'. Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks for posting link to stoey. Ya I give him alot of flak to over ts. Even though I did like ts better then terminator three. But as for his producer/dictor work on tv it has been good. Plus no word if he accepts it. And if its just one time deal for pilot or if he/his production company would be joining the show. So if its just one shot deal I think he could do ok.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Here is the link for the story about jeffrey reiner possibly landing the directing gig for ww pilot:
www.deadline.com/2011/02/jeffrey-reiner-closes-in-on-wonder-woman-pilot-directing-gig/

Last edited by webhead2006 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : sorry)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 pm

See above.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Here is casting breakdowns for series regular casting right now. Also production is scheduled to start march 15th. So casting news should be coming soon:
www.itsjustmovies.com/14100
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm

And from what I read, this is going to be "Ally McBeal: Wonder Woman".

No thanks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next