Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman/Batman movie?

5 posters

Go down

Superman/Batman movie? Empty Superman/Batman movie?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Superman/batman movie in works?:
http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie-news/2011/8/12/exclusive-wb-quietly-developing-batmansuperman-movie.html
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Superman/Batman movie? Empty Re: Superman/Batman movie?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Keep in mind, this site is run by that FilmRetardJamie Apologist, who perpetrated the LIE that there was going to be a Singerman sequel. Up to and including "backing" that extra-casting scam way back when.

Superman/Batman movie? B3vjmf2
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:11 pm

ya i know its those two mods from shh boards. But hey its still a nice thought of a film to happen. But with how drawn out or no development happening with dc slate who knows if it would ever materialize. A Bats/superman would be a more logical and fesible film in my book then a jl film right now for wb. But ya we shouldnt get excited to a script is locked in, director signed, and we are actually in filming.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Superman/Batman movie? Empty Superman/Batman movie?

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 am

I'm going to continually criticize this fucktard for not providing a direct link until he gets his act together. It's really starting to piss me off.

Superman Supersite wrote:ThinkMcFlyThink.com is reporting that Warner Bros. is quitely putting together a Superman/Batman team-up movie.

According to the article, sources have indicated that there are currently two plans in the works for the possible film.

Think McFly Think wrote:One version where the World's Greatest Detective is firmly established and helps mentor an up-and-coming, fresh-faced Supes and vice versa. Essentially, they're hoping they can woo Christian Bale back into the cape-and-cowl for a fourth time and in case the Oscar-winner tells them, "No thanks, I'm done!", they'll go for a new actor altogether. Both versions would feature Henry Cavill's Last Son of Krypton.

For the time being, Warner Bros. has stated that they are still developing a Justice League movie as well as a film adaption of The Flash.

Depending on how well Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, "Man of Steel" does at the box office in 2013, there will more than likely be a sequel to look forward to as well.

URL- http://www.supermansupersite.com/0813635.html

In other words, "a veteran, experienced, badass Batman teaches an incompetent, rookie, lame ass Superman." Mad

Apart from that retardation, I kind of like the idea of a more gradual build up to a JLA movie. Work toward Superman and Batman teaming up and then work from there toward the whole JLA. There's no way to top what Marvel's doing, except to take their basic formula and go a little slower and do the job better.

I somehow doubt Bale will come back for this though.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:36 am

Hey colors I had a thread on this possible news item just below this post made on friday. But ya to that supersite guy not linking back to story sources.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:In other words, "a veteran, experienced, badass Batman teaches an incompetent, rookie, lame ass Superman." Mad

Enjoy the "Superman" in DC Comics, because come September this is EXACTLY how it is going to be.

Watch and see.

Apart from that retardation, I kind of like the idea of a more gradual build up to a JLA movie. Work toward Superman and Batman teaming up and then work from there toward the whole JLA. There's no way to top what Marvel's doing, except to take their basic formula and go a little slower and do the job better.

The Bros. Warner are incapable of doing this though. They just don't respect the source material enough, plain & simple.

I somehow doubt Bale will come back for this though.

I think it depends, but I am tending to agree.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:43 am

I personally do not see WB doing much with a team up movie until after the release of MOS just to see how well the reboot goes. If MOS is mediocre or another sinking ship, I don’t see them teaming up their one and only money making character with one that could pull Bats down with him,

Of course, a great deal hinges on if the next Bat soars and how the future looks without Nolan and Bales too!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Apart from that retardation, I kind of like the idea of a more gradual build up to a JLA movie. Work toward Superman and Batman teaming up and then work from there toward the whole JLA. There's no way to top what Marvel's doing, except to take their basic formula and go a little slower and do the job better.
Apologist Puncher wrote:The Bros. Warner are incapable of doing this though. They just don't respect the source material enough, plain & simple.
That, and everyone has such a friggin hard-on for Batman these days. Look, I dig the character as much as the next guy but to see his popularity explode way out of proportion to what he is as it has these past several years... I dunno, just kinda sours me on the character.

To your point though, WB is very traditional (in the Hollywood sense) of trusting the filmmaker over whatever material they are adapting. Marvel adapts the material using the filmmaker most capable of handling the job. Love or hate, say, the Incredible Hulk, I don't think anyone would argue that Letterier (sp?) didn't understand the character.

By way of contrast, any random five minutes of Singerman is proof positive of how much Singer never understood.

Even so, this team up business does present a decent alternative to copying Marvel's blueprint. Introduce Superman and, since a Batman reboot is unlikely at this point, eventually pair him with Nolan's Batman. Then team them up with Wonder Woman. Then put together a full blown JLA flick. It's a slower burn, to be sure, but it's better than xeroxing the Marvel approach and slapping DC characters into the mix.

Of course, this all leads you back to the main issue of WB not understanding a damn thing about the goldmine they're sitting on. So there you go.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 am

Personally I would rather settle with a possible "Justice League" movie rather than a Superman/Batman team up film which I know they'll be titling it "World's Finest". I mean why settle for only two DC heroes teaming up the same ones that we see in films several times over than any other comic book character including ones from Marvel while we can see a team up of those two and others that we haven't seen on film, yet (Aside from Green Lantern)?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

A jl would be great. But with how long it taks wb gto do anything and there lack of faith on most dc slates. I think a wf film is a more fesible choice for them to go with at this time.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Personally I would rather settle with a possible "Justice League" movie rather than a Superman/Batman team up film which I know they'll be titling it "World's Finest". I mean why settle for only two DC heroes teaming up the same ones that we see in films several times over than any other comic book character including ones from Marvel while we can see a team up of those two and others that we haven't seen on film, yet (Aside from Green Lantern)?
The problem with that approach is that it will be seen as basically a photocopy of Marvel's approach. Doing World's Finest as an interim movie as part of the JLA build up will set them apart a little more.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The problem with that approach is that it will be seen as basically a photocopy of Marvel's approach. Doing World's Finest as an interim movie as part of the JLA build up will set them apart a little more.

Good point!!! But the big question is how will that be pulled off if it ever gets green lighted?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:The problem with that approach is that it will be seen as basically a photocopy of Marvel's approach. Doing World's Finest as an interim movie as part of the JLA build up will set them apart a little more.

Good point!!! But the big question is how will that be pulled off if it ever gets green lighted?
I've just said so.

Movie 01- Superman solo film.
Movie 02- Superman/Batman team-up; preferably one where Superman is respected and isn't shown to be a total rube in comparison to Batman.
Movie 03- Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman team-up; preferably one co-starring Adrianne Palicki as Diana where she takes her gear off.
Movie 04- Justice League of America.
Movie 05- Superman II. And so forth.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down