Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

+4
superman1938
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
8 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Empty Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Duh HomoPage

May 23, 2011: Bombshell Superman Announcement Coming From DC

The LA Times reports that Geoff Johns and Jim Lee are set to make "bombshell" announcements about Superman and the DC Universe at the Hero Complex convention in early June.

Superstar comics creators Geoff Johns and Jim Lee say they are bringing bombshell announcements about the future of Superman and the entire DC Universe to the Hero Complex Film Festival on June 11.

The DC leadership duo will be interviewed on stage by Hero Complex lead writer Geoff Boucher as part of the still-expanding Saturday program. Single-day tickets for Saturday are $45 and include a double feature of "Superman" and "Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut," as well as an on-stage interview with Donner, the director who brought the Man of Steel to the screen in historic fashion in the 1970s. Surprise guests, prize giveaways and more programming will make the day a must-not-miss moment for DC fans and Hero Complex readers.

The 2011 Hero Complex Film Festival runs June 9-12 at the Chinese Six Theatre in Hollywood, LA. Purchase tickets online.

I might try getting tickets for this thing, just for shits & giggles.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Empty Re: Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

So far, people are speculating that DC will be relinquishing Superman or that Flashpoint will end in a company-wide reboot (BOUT FUCKING TIME).

I just don't see anything good coming out of this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Empty Re: Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm

If I go, just to see Supes I & II on the big-screen again for the first time in 25 years, I'll let you know.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm

I wonder what it will be.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Looks like the big news is out for what is happening for dcu from johns and jim lee, also first info on one of the new titles:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-the-issue-one-renumbering-of-the-dc-universe/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Twitter

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-geoff-johns-and-jim-lees-justice-league/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Twitter
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Everything will be reset to #1. This fuels the rumors about a universe-wide reboot.

But never returning to the original numbering of legacy titles? Pfah! Back in 1986, DC had no plans to return Superman (the monthly title) to its original numbering... and yet that's what happened with #650 back in 2006. Sorry but I don't think the new numbering will last.

The prospects of a complete, company-wide reboot intrigue me though. This could be a great opportunity to *REALLY* build from the ground up, something even Crisis On Infinite Earths didn't deliver on in the end. For starters, I hate Superman's existing origin. For seconders, as cool as Batman has been the last 25 or 30 years, he needs a fresh starting point just so we can be sure wtf is in continuity and what's out. Yeah, that means getting rid of Dick Grayson as Nightwing, Tim as Robin (or whoever the fuck he is these days), Oracle and all the rest but you never made omelets without breaking a few eggs.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2011-05-31-dc-comics-reinvents_n.htm

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/DC-Universe-Reboot-Announcement-110531.html

People are interpreting this as a complete company-wide reboot now.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Dc-new-justice-league-lee-big

This in part means new costumes for at least some characters (although I'm sure almighty fucking Batman's will probably stay mostly the same). As for Superman, looks like the collar of The Suit will be much higher and the trunks will be eliminated. My uneducated guess is that the boots and yellow S-emblem on the cape will be gone as well.

Somewhere, an Apologist just creamed himself, I'm sure.

EDIT- I've been trying like hell to get into the unbooted/restored Legion of Super-Heroes and I'm running out of patience. This could be very good news for them.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Ya looks like a whole new reboot for everyone. Hopefully it all turns out for the good. The jl new suits don't look bad. Wonder what flash/batman will look like. As for supes I don't care much for high collar, the s shield looks alright. But sucks they removed trunks it needs to be there to break up all the blue in the suit. Hopefully boots are still red. As for s on cape hopefully its there. But if itsnt I wouldn't be to mad. Though with different artists on the solo titles maybe there could be some slight changes in looks.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2011-05-31-dc-comics-reinvents_n.htm

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/DC-Universe-Reboot-Announcement-110531.html

People are interpreting this as a complete company-wide reboot now.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Dc-new-justice-league-lee-big

This in part means new costumes for at least some characters (although I'm sure almighty fucking Batman's will probably stay mostly the same). As for Superman, looks like the collar of The Suit will be much higher and the trunks will be eliminated. My uneducated guess is that the boots and yellow S-emblem on the cape will be gone as well.

Somewhere, an Apologist just creamed himself, I'm sure.

EDIT- I've been trying like hell to get into the unbooted/restored Legion of Super-Heroes and I'm running out of patience. This could be very good news for them.

Holy Fucking Dogshit. Really?

You know, I've had a sneaking suspicion that DC has been "preparing" for the loss of parts of the character for a while now. Taking him out of his own books, then the whole "walking the Earth" lame-fest, then the "I'm not an American any longer" fiasco, to this completely RETARDED change to the suit. They want the Superman "brand" to be less than desirable, so IF the Heirs tried to make their own version of the character, that the bad-taste in people's mouths will cause it to fail.

And it's disgraceful.

Why is Superman the ONLY character in that picture to have a completely DIFFERENT suit? Does Green Lantern look just like Green Lantern? Does Aquaman look just like Aquaman? Does Wonder Woman look just like Wonder Woman, except with a little extra "bling"? But "Superman"? How in the FUCK can "Clark Kent" hide that collar under a business suit?? Where are the iconic trunks? What is the point of a fucking belt on a ONE PIECE UNITARD??

If this is what he will look like in the reboot, and I have a STRONG feeling he will, then I am done. Never again will I spend money on anything Superman related. Never again will I talk about a character I have loved since I was 3 years old.

Superman will have died for ME in 2011. Permanently.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Letter sent by DC to comic book retailers wrote:We are positioning ourselves to tell the most innovative stories with our characters to allow fans to see them from a new angle. We have taken great care in maintaining continuity where most important, but fans will see a new approach to our storytelling.

URL- http://www.nerdsraging.com/2011/05/31/dc-revamp-comics/
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!

So they're revamping and relaunching and rebooting BUT THEY'RE STILL MAINTAINING THE EXISTING CONTINUITY?!?!

I hate this current goddamn motherfucking piece of shit continuity! HATE IT FUCKING HATE IT!! I don't need a fucking rainbow of Lantern Corps', the last time a Robin was as annoying as Damien Wayne we readers voted to kill him and Sucky Origin epitomizes everything that Superman SHOULDN'T MOTHERFUCKING BE!!

If you're going to reboot this thing, guess what you fucking nutless wonders! You're going to have to fucking RESTART EVERYTHING FROM MOTHERFUCKING SCRATCH! I don't care how much fans like a certain concept, how big a hard on it gives Geoff Johns or anything else, REBOOTING MEANS FUCKING STARTING OVER. If it's anything else, if it's anything less, it's not a fucking REBOOT! GET IT?!?!?!

These fucking cocksuckers, I swear to Christ, when this industry finally fucking dies, I'd better not hear a fucking WORD from Dan DiDio, Geoff Johns, Matt Idelson, Bob Harras or any of those other fucking hacks wondering what the hell went wrong. And they'd better fucking hope we don't ever meet face to face.

Maybe I'll regret this later but at this moment I'd love it if some activist judge would give the Siegels EVERYTHING EVEN TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO SUPERMAN so that they can take him over to Boom Studios or something and let REAL talent tell his stories.

Fucking hacks.

EDIT- Oh, some other stuff.

01- Anybody want to bet that the ONLY continuity elements that will remain will be the bullshit Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison came up with?

02- Kurt Busiek just posted on facebook that he has no "inside information" but he seriously doubts the Lois/Clark marriage will be in tact when the Superman books roll out. So at least that part of continuity should be gone.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

"Hey everybody! We are sooo excited to tell you that we are going to change EVERYTHING! New costumes for "everybody", well, "Superman" anyway, and new #1's too! We are starting from scratch, well, not really we are STILL going to continue the exact same storylines already running, and this is going to make our characters relatable and identifiable!! Except for "Superman", he's going to look like shit, because really, who cares?? Yay DC! We are so da bomb, yo!!!!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Tumblr_lm390oXSJA1qks3c7o1_500
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 9:57 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Tumblr_lm390oXSJA1qks3c7o1_500

Yep, so Batman still looks like Batman too. How predictable.

I guess they decided to fuck Wonder Woman up a little also. Didn't she look something like that recently anyway? So it's nothing new.

Nope, the only one to get the complete fuck-over is "Superman".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Ya I agree why do what looks to be a company wide reboot but stick to certain things remaining. What's the point there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-the-hooking-up-of-superman-and-wonder-woman/

Flashpost: The Hooking Up Of Superman And Wonder Woman
Submitted by Rich Johnston on May 31, 2011 – 7:00 pm

Okay, out of all the post-Flashpoint stories I’m running, this is the one on the least firm foundations. But, if true, will have the biggest multi-media implications.

I’m told that Superman and Wonder Woman will be getting together.

In a very media friendly fashion, indeed.

Or at least it will be a plot point. A possibility. And why?

Because this may be as a result of DC Universe/Flashpoint merged continuity, with a non-married Superman and a non-married Lois Lane. Without a messy divorce, without a deal with the devil and without some kind of memory bomb. That aspect is on more firmer footing.

I’m not sure how it fits what I’ve seen of a rejuvenated Superman. But hey, would a Superman that young expect to be tied down? To Lois or to Wonder Woman? Not counting use of a Golden Lassoo…

Okay that’s it. That’s really it. By the time you read this I’ll be in bed.

Tomorrow, Post-Flashpost.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Well there goes lois and clark for some time I guess.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC 38-1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 10:22 pm

It just keeps getting....worse.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-the-new-superman/

Flashpost: The New Superman #1
Submitted by Rich Johnston on May 31, 2011 – 4:30 pm

In Superman #1, launching in September, we will see what appears to be a new uniform for Superman. Based on the usual style, but more segmented with scores, seams or raised lines running across and around his arms, legs and torso. Kneepads as part of a segmented bulky boot. And a belt that reflects the Superman shield shape. And involvement in some form by George Perez. I’m also told Rags Morales may be involved with Action Comics #1.

And moreover, I’m also told Superman appears younger than we’ve seen him of late, almost Superboyish. Ultimate Superman?

UPDATE: The image given to USA Today seems to confirm some of this. A rejuvenated Justice League? Certainly an early twenties look. No boot or buckle though, see if I can fix that.
Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Belt-570x282
Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC Boot

Knee pads.

'Nuff said.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Holy shit. Something just came to me.

Apologist Puncher wrote:If this is what he will look like in the reboot, and I have a STRONG feeling he will, then I am done. Permanently.

THIS:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/02/05/zack-snyder-my-favorite-superman-artist-is/

For Snyder, he narrowed it down to a two-man split decision: Jim Lee and Curt Swan.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC 5256325_282d76b502_o
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Looking at the full group shot looks like bats could also not have trunks, looks like flash just got costume on chin more. Batman looks pretty same besides gloves. Cyborg looks pretty neat. Aquaman seems mostly the same.ww looks nice with silver trimming and looks like they are keeping the new pants look for her.

Hopefully snyder decides to keep more classic look for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm

Hopefully snyder decides to keep more classic look for the film.

I think that Jim Lee and Johns has catered to Snyder and Nolan to make a more realistic and contemporary comic universe. I got a bad feeling Superman's costume will look like the update in the comics.
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 11:28 pm

well i guess we will just have to wait and see there. Hopefully snyder will choose to go classic look. Also we dont even know how "realistic" snyder superman will be. Heck with snyder track record he is more intune for the full on comicbooky stuff and the crazy out there scifi/fantasy stuff. They wouldnt go with someone like him if they were going to go for a ultra realistic approach to superman. Which i doubt they would even do. Superman doesnt need to be taken like that as nolan's batman was.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Knee pads.

'Nuff said.

Well that would've been compatible with SINGERMAN! Ol' BJ is probably familiar with the 'need' for knee pads. Wink

As for what I'm reading otherwise, I almost can't believe it. It brings to mind what 'superman1938' just posted:

I think that Jim Lee and Johns has catered to Snyder and Nolan to make a more realistic and contemporary comic universe. I got a bad feeling Superman's costume will look like the update in the comics.

I fear that that may be 'words of wisdom'. Can someone tell me what is it with this current generation of comics writers & artists trying to cater to the whims of Nolan & Donner?! Remake the comics in the image of the films (not the other way around)?! I mean, Nolan already apparently dictates what WB/DC can & can't do with their film properties. Is he now gonna hijack the comics?! And they're gonna drop 'America' from the 'Justice League' title?! Why?! Because it's not 'PC' anymore, lest we offend duh terrorists?! And WB/DC must really be expecting the worst with the lawsuit to radically change Superman like that! That's just the sort of garbage that duh apologists have been wanting all this time & I'll have to agree with Colors on that one, duh apologists probably just 'climaxed' when they read that one! I haven't checked this out at duh Homopage yet but I'm sure they won't disappoint!

IF Snyder follows this lead with the film reboot, I won't know what to say. I'm not currently buying comics & maybe that's a good thing?! But I do have my heart set on the film & if they screw that up after the debacle that was Singerman, I'll be 'beside myself' so to speak.

It's enough to make you wish duh heirs would take it to Marvel! Superman at Disney?! Via Marvel Studios of course?!

At this point, why not?! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 am

Well, didn't take long, now did it?:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9852&c_start=0

Here's the latest from SABAOTH:

#56 | Sabaoth on May 31, 2011 8:29pm EST
I haven't read any of the comments, having just read this not so shocking news, but one thing is I'm bet on: Superman's new costume in the comics will be the costume he wears in Man of Steel.

Someone actually doesn't like it!:

#57 | SuperBatTim on May 31, 2011 8:32pm EST
WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH SUPERMAN'S COSTUME!?!?!?!?!? I don't understand why people insist on changing something that doesn't need to be changed!

To which Sabaoth replied:

#58 | Sabaoth on May 31, 2011 8:36pm EST
@SuperBatTim

It's a done deal! Costume changed.
Trunks outta here!

More 'nuggets':

#63 | Sabaoth on May 31, 2011 8:53pm EST
The trunks might not be there at all. I've heard some say they are blue. Is that being based off of the sole JL picture we have? If so, I don't see any.
Anyway, good riddance.
I hope Superman has not been "de-aged".
But I love the collar and the modern shield.

#89 | Sabaoth on May 31, 2011 10:27pm EST
GOOD NEWS: Hasta la vista Lois Lane's marriage to Clark Kent!
Allelujah!
I hope they don't mess up his origin story too much!
#90 | Sabaoth on May 31, 2011 10:29pm EST
how much will the digital comics cost?

#102 | Sabaoth on June 1, 2011 12:51am EST
^ Actually, yesterday's deliberate announcement regarding the reboot of the DC universe may not be the promised "bombshell" that is expected next week.
Maybe a pic of Henry in the NEW Superman costume?

Re:Clark Kent
For now yes. If the heirs get their way in 2013, then he will have to get a different disguise. Maybe they will reveal that Superman has several secret identities in this version.

Remember, people:

This reboot does not just make Superman younger and change the costume ,
it also includes a whole new origin story (not Birthright or Secret Origin) which I think will have new, never before seen aspects which distinguish it from the Superman we used to know, in case WB cannot make a deal with the heirs in 2013.
Now, some of you may be thinking that these changes will only last a few months, a year at most, and then it will all revert to status quo, red trunks, and all.
BUT,....just like Spidey One more Day....,
IF THE SALES ARE DECENT....THEN IT STICKS!

So if it sells well, get ready for this to be permanent.

Sabaoth is one apologist who never fails to disappoint! No doubt by now he's had 'multiple orgasms' over this news. Suspect

But what a load of crap to true Superman fans! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 am

non_amos wrote:But what a load of crap to true Superman fans! Evil or Very Mad
You are so not even kidding. The reactions I've seen from real Superman fans (whether through e-mail, facebook, blogs, whatever) has been uniformly negative when it comes to the design changes to The Suit.

The real acid test in these kinds of situations is, like always, figuring out if the respondent is an Apologist (although even that's slightly imperfect since even a few Apologists think DC is crossing a line here; how fucking bad IS THIS REALLY when even some APOLOGISTS are calling foul?). Real fans are mortified over this. Mortified, and VERY pissed off.

For my own part... well, actions speak louder than words, do they not? So here's my pull list from my comic shop.

Legion of Super-Heroes (DC)
Adventure Comics (DC)
Daredevil (Marvel)
Fear Itself (Marvel)
The Walking Dead (Image)
The Walking Dead Weekly (Image)
Morning Glories (Image)
Irredeemable (Boom!)
Incorruptible (Boom!)

Notice anything significant there? Only TWO DC titles, both of which are part of the Legion family of books. And frankly, I'm starting to think they might be a lost cause too. If I drop those titles, this would be the first time in my entire life that I've not followed ANY DC titles.

Something else is that (counting The Walking Dead as a single book and the Legion family as two books, which is only fair), half my fucking list comes not only from third tier publishers but from creator-owned titles. Of the creator owned books, two aren't even superhero books and the other two are anything but traditional superhero books.

There's just not too much that Marvel or DC put out that I'm very interested in. The reboots, the fucking endless "crossover events", etc, it's a fucking MESS. If I didn't know better, I'd swear the people involved were determined to kill their own industry.

And like the Apologist Puncher, I fear the ramifications this could have on Snyder's MOS. True, he screen-tested Cavill in a Reeve replica suit (he could've chosen anything or, hell, not even used a costume) but the reboot has been guilty until proven innocent in my book from Day One. Go back and check any of my posts on this, my record is crystal clear.

Ah well. I've got 15 years worth of Bronze Age Superman comics, 20 years of Byrne Age Superman comics, Fleischer, STM, the early seasons of L&C, the first season of the Reeves show and ten (or nine worthwhile) seasons of SV to keep me going. Better than nothing, right?

EDIT- Oh, and you'll notice that the majority of the Apologists are trotting out the usual Singer-approved platitudes. "The S-emblem has been in flux pretty much since the beginning, it's never been finalized as a design, it's constantly evolving," motherfucking blah blah blah. I don't even have that big a gripe with the redesigned emblem but knowing that they approve of it makes me instantly suspect I could be wrong by association.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next