Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod

+8
kivara
gadhero
Father Finian
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
superman1938
12 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 7 Empty Re: Michael Shannon Cast As Zod

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 7 2e1epab
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 pm

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/michael-shannon-talks-fight-scenes-as-zod-and-whether-or-not-superman-will-kneel-15205

Michael Shannon Talks Fight Scenes As Zod And Whether Or Not Superman Will Kneel
By Andrew Weymes on October 27, 2011

Was there ever any doubt that there would be a huge showdown between Michael Shannon's General Zod and Henry Cavill's Superman in 'Man of Steel?' Probably not, but Shannon confirmed it anyway. Assuring that the two men won't just exchange angry glances back and forth until one of them dies of exhaustion, he told Digital Spy:

"We do have a fight sequence in the film. We worked on it for a long time, we rehearsed it for a long time, then you shoot it and it's done. It's kind of strange to put all this work into something that's going to be maybe a minute long [on film]."

He also commented on how he views Cavill when compared to the most iconic man to ever don the Superman costume, Christopher Reeve. He said:

"He [Cavill] seems very appropriate for the part, he's a big fella and he's very handsome and charming, so it's certainly understandable why they cast him. But I'll always have a soft spot for Christopher Reeve."

And in a separate interview with Empire, Shannon crushed the hopes of that guy who comments on nearly every 'Man of Steel' article with something like, "Kneel before Zod!" The phrase was made famous by Terence Stamp's version of the character in the older 'Superman' movies. Asked if he's been practicing the phrase and point, Shannon replied:

"No, no. It's not a sure thing that there will be any kneeling in the film. It's not a dead issue, but it's not a certainty. Maybe I'll make people stand on their tippy-toes just to change it up a little. 'Stand on your tippy toes before Zod.'"

Well, that's absolutely fantastic. Shannon must be tired from a long day of interviews or something. His demeanor is hilarious. Self-amusement is always good stuff.

From director Zack Snyder, 'Man of Steel' hits theaters on June 14, 2012.

Check out the humorous videos below, and for some shirtless Cavill, hit the link. Just don't admire too much.
*VIDEOS AT THE LINK*

And the "one minute" fight scene he is referring to is with Jor-El, not Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:07 pm

The "kneel" thing being absent is fine by me. As much distance as they can put between themselves and Donner is likely a good idea.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Some nice comments there so cant see jorel/zod and then superman and zod fights. As for the whole kneel line i am indifferent to it. So i have no issues if its there or not.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:09 am

thecolorsblend wrote:The "kneel" thing being absent is fine by me. As much distance as they can put between themselves and Donner is likely a good idea.

I agree. No reason for it to be there.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:56 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:The "kneel" thing being absent is fine by me. As much distance as they can put between themselves and Donner is likely a good idea.

I agree. No reason for it to be there.

You guys sure about that? Wink

I mean, c'mon! Don't you want Shannon's Zod, the very moment he lays eyes for the 1st time on Cavill's Superman, to point at Cavill & say, "Come to me, son of Jor-El. Kneeelllll before Zod!" This, of course, after Cavill asks, "General, would you care to step outside?" Or is it 'freedom of the press'? But c'mon you guys, surely you wanna see Shannon do all of this on duh planet Houston?

No?! Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 am

non_amos wrote:You guys sure about that? Wink

I mean, c'mon! Don't you want Shannon's Zod, the very moment he lays eyes for the 1st time on Cavill's Superman, to point at Cavill & say, "Come to me, son of Jor-El. Kneeelllll before Zod!" This, of course, after Cavill asks, "General, would you care to step outside?" Or is it 'freedom of the press'? But c'mon you guys, surely you wanna see Shannon do all of this on duh planet Houston?

No?! Question

Positive.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 am

Shannon Talks of costumes:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/31/boardwalk-empire-birth-van-alden-shannon/
In a recent interview with EW Michael Shannon had the following to say in regards to his General Zod costumes:

Was that fun to step out of Van Alden’s {his Boardwalk Empire character} shoes and into General Zod’s for an out-and-out villainous role?
General Zod is, I think, a bit stronger than Van Alden. General Zod would not go to the speakeasy and have a shot. General Zod will stop at nothing to get the job done. General Zod doesn’t have a supervisor.

Were you a fan of the Superman comics, or Terence Stamp’s Zod in Superman II?
I don’t read the comic book, although when I got the job, they sent me a giant DC Comics book that weighs about a ton. It’s got the whole history of DC in it. It’s fascinating, actually. I looked at it with my daughter. She’s really fascinated by it.

I remember Terence Stamp doing it. He was phenomenal. I have to try and figure out a way to do something different.

So you’re not saying “Kneel before Zod” while wearing parachute pants?
[Laughs] Yeah, the flowy costumes don’t really…that’s not the style nowadays. Everything’s skintight.

Do you have a costume? A Krypton outfit?

There’s two different modes. There’s something that I have to wear a motion-capture suit for, because if I actually wore it, I wouldn’t be able to move. It’s a very big…thing. I actually don’t know what it’s going to look like, I just know that it’s very cumbersome. There’s another thing that I wear that’s an actual costume. It’s pretty simple. There’s no paisley or anything.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Armor.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Again, it's not unprecedented.

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 7 General_Zod_Pokolistan_001
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Plus i dont mind it either myself as we seen he has donned armor in the comics. Plus heck smart move making it cgi so shannon while filming had free range of mobility and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Or how about this one? This one seems to be a popular choice for some reason!

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 7 Zod10
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:14 am

It may be in the comics & all but why does a Kryptonian, including Zod, need armor in the first place?! If they're invincible, what's the point? Is it a fashion statement or what? What am I missing here? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 am

its probably for fear/intimination and maybe if they are wise enough like superman has done protect against kryptonite?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 am

I just come across a pic that I found over at the forums of Superherohype.com that features Michael Shannon in some sort of armor plated attire the look abit military like. But I made a few of my own details such as darkening the arms & legs, added crease patterns on the legs, added a goatee on the facial and change his hairstyle abit.

Since we seen pics of Shannon in a jet black version of the suit that Cavill wears I figured Snyder and co. would probably think of something alittle more creative than that like adding some armor like garments over most of the black suit just as Crowe wore an armor like robe over the similar suit that Cavill wears! Aleast in this pic Shannon looks as if he is sporting a Kryptonian style military suit since he suppose to portray someone who is well... A general! Plus, it kind of matches the suit that Antje Traue sports!

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 7 Zod_bm11

Personally, I hope this is an example of what we get in the film and as for a second suit... I think I'll go with the one from my last post!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Its a nice drawing man, but do u have the original image?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, I have the link right here, just click it below!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Adenjo/zodcencept.jpg
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Meh, don't like it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Meh, don't like it.
I don't understand the hard on people have about wanting to put Zod in something other than a military or prisoner type of uniform in live action. The guy doesn't need tights and capes and stuff.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:48 am

Well tell that to Synder and co. cause it seems Kryptonian woredrobes (Aleast a few of them) seem to involve tights & capes and even special garments put under them!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:53 am

I'm still waiting for a rational explanation for why Kryptonians even need armor! Sure, some incarnation of Zod or something in the comics. 'Superboy-Prime' with his 'yellow sun-channeling' armor. Now even Superman himself in duh DC reboot. And it seems that Snyder may be following suit with the film, at least with Zod & company anyway. But I still ask.............................................................................................................

WHY?! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 am

non_amos wrote:I'm still waiting for a rational explanation for why Kryptonians even need armor! Sure, some incarnation of Zod or something in the comics. 'Superboy-Prime' with his 'yellow sun-channeling' armor. Now even Superman himself in duh DC reboot. And it seems that Snyder may be following suit with the film, at least with Zod & company anyway. But I still ask.............................................................................................................

WHY?! Suspect
Well, the Pokolistan Zod, as I recall, was somehow weakened. The armor... well, let's face it, the armor existed to serve as a disguise and create ambiguity. That was the real purpose. But the in-story issue there, from what I remember, was that he'd been weakened somehow and the armor was supposed to amp up his powers to be more in line with Superman's.

It can be justified in some ways. Depending on how you execute it, you could argue that Zod is pushing for a psychological edge on Superman in using Kryptonian technology. Or you can make a thematic element out of it ("Superman is destroying his heritage to protect his future" or perhaps "Superman relies upon Kryptonian biology for victory while Zod depends on Kryptonian technology and is met with defeat, it's a triumph of the 'human' spirit!" or some shit). There are ways to justify it... but (A) Goyer has jacknothing in his history to make me believe he can execute something like that without it coming off heavy-handed. Don't believe me? Just how many times does Batman Begins use some variation on the word "fear"? But also (B) I think it goes somewhat against what the public wants in a modern Superman movie. They don't need or want handicaps like armor or Kryptonian weaponry or what have you. They want to see Superman go toe-to-toe, one-on-one with a supervillain in good old fashioned John Wayne fisticuffs. The armor has every possibility of being a needless embellishment that actually detracts from the visceral action rather than enhance it. Just seems unnecessary and very possibly counterproductive.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

well like i said back a page what if its for fear an intimidation to others, and also on side note if they are wise enough or known of kryptonite poisoning so to protect against that?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:53 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm still waiting for a rational explanation for why Kryptonians even need armor! Sure, some incarnation of Zod or something in the comics. 'Superboy-Prime' with his 'yellow sun-channeling' armor. Now even Superman himself in duh DC reboot. And it seems that Snyder may be following suit with the film, at least with Zod & company anyway. But I still ask.............................................................................................................

WHY?! Suspect

Easy answer: They don't have powers on Krypton?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:

WHY?! Suspect

Easy answer: They don't have powers on Krypton?

Yeah, but they do have 'em on Earth. I could buy a portrayal while still on Krypton but you'd think they'd figure it out after they're here? To quote Hackman-Luthor from S2, "with all this accumulated knowledge you'd think these dummies would learn to use a door knob". Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next