Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Yup I know its not happpening in my area. No near amc chains. So I am going to just watch them at home. Since I got the dvd/blurays of them.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:41 pm

non_amos wrote:That 1st item, the movie marathon, I just saw over at SHH. Interesting concept but I guess for most of us we'll just have to 'duplicate' it at home on DVD. Actually that idea has crossed my mind a little bit anyway as I tend to be like that leading up to a new film in a series. I recently proposed doing that with the upcoming Batman film on these forums but naturally I'd lean towards the same thing with Avengers.
My g/f is saying the same thing about the marathon. Iron Man, TIH, Iron Man 2, Thor, Cap and then Avengers. Seems like it'll take some endurance to get it all done though.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Can you imagine how much in concessions alone they will bleed from people??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 am

In edition to my recent ranting involving Hulk's physical appearance being altered due to Mark Ruffalo replacing Edward Norton for the role of Bruce Banner here's a pic of what I'am hoping the Hulk would look like in the film if they actually did decide to tweak his physical appearance alittle!

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Hulk_b10
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:In edition to my recent ranting involving Hulk's physical appearance being altered due to Mark Ruffalo replacing Edward Norton for the role of Bruce Banner here's a pic of what I'am hoping the Hulk would look like in the film if they actually did decide to tweak his physical appearance alittle!

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Hulk_b10

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2
Consider the source.

And the fog lifts...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Consider the source.

Duly noted.

And the fog lifts...

The thing that gets me is, the movie comes out in about six weeks. SIX WEEKS. And he is "hoping" they decide to change what the Hulk looks like now?

Really??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:The thing that gets me is, the movie comes out in about six weeks. SIX WEEKS. And he is "hoping" they decide to change what the Hulk looks like now?

Really??

I don't expect them to make any alterations at this point I only stating that I hope that the Hulk will look just like as he appeared in the pic that I posted above and already gotten it done while the film was still in production.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 pm

New Japanese Trailer:
http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20120315076798/
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 pm

OK, Comic Book Dude, your wish is granted!

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Hulk_210

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm pretty certain Marvel Studios isn't going to make the same first attempt twice although they should have stick with their second attempt even if it's with a different actor!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 pm

And who's to say ruffalo's take will be so different from norton's
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Well I heard in an interview with the film's director Joss Whedon, he specifically stated that the Hulk won't be ripped & cut as he was in TIH and the excuse for it is that this film suppose to take place a couple of years after the events of TIH. I think that tells a story right there which I'm hoping it's false!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Yes, because the Hulk has ALWAYS been "ripped & cut", hasn't he?

Spoiler:

Oops.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Oh, and want to see something kind of funny?

Take a look at this:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Hulk_b10

And then see if you can spot the similarities with THIS:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Ruffalo_hulkface630__120224150716

I can, how 'bout you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well I heard in an interview with the film's director Joss Whedon, he specifically stated that the Hulk won't be ripped & cut as the he was in TIH and the excuse for it is that this film suppose to take place a couple of years after the events of TIH. I think that tells a story right there which I'm hoping it's false!
In trying to parse what you're saying here, what exactly is your objection to a Hulk that's massive but isn't overly toned and defined? I don't have much of a preference either way but when you come down to it, if you're face to face off with a ten foot tall, four foot wide green monster in a dark alley, is it really somehow less shit your pants-inducing if he's blocky and massive but not very cut?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:In trying to parse what you're saying here, what exactly is your objection to a Hulk that's massive but isn't overly toned and defined? I don't have much of a preference either way but when you come down to it, if you're face to face off with a ten foot tall, four foot wide green monster in a dark alley, is it really somehow less shit your pants-inducing if he's blocky and massive but not very cut?

For some reason, he thinks THIS:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_lzapqrxxIE1qdq2du

Is somehow more "Hulk-like" than THIS:

But, as usual, he's W-R-O-N-G.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:01 am

Well, the one "criticism" I might've leveled is the apparent discontinuity between the two. But (A) that seems kind of stupid and petty to me and (B) in both pics, he's a big, green, pissed off son of a bitch and (C) they both look like Hulk to me.

So, again, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Well, the one "criticism" I might've leveled is the apparent discontinuity between the two. But (A) that seems kind of stupid and petty to me and (B) in both pics, he's a big, green, pissed off son of a bitch and (C) they both look like Hulk to me.

He hates Classic Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yes, because the Hulk has ALWAYS been "ripped & cut", hasn't he?

Spoiler:

Oops.

How's this for a decent spoiler too?

Spoiler:

Uhhhh!!!!! Duhhhhh!!!!! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:In trying to parse what you're saying here, what exactly is your objection to a Hulk that's massive but isn't overly toned and defined? I don't have much of a preference either way but when you come down to it, if you're face to face off with a ten foot tall, four foot wide green monster in a dark alley, is it really somehow less shit your pants-inducing if he's blocky and massive but not very cut?

For some reason, he thinks THIS:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_lzapqrxxIE1qdq2du

Is somehow more "Hulk-like" than THIS:

But, as usual, he's W-R-O-N-G.

I'm a fan of the film THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Light-years better than the Ang Lee debacle. However, in looking at these 2 pics, as well as the trailers I've seen so far of the upcoming film, I'll have to state that the Mark Ruffalo version actually looks more realistic. TIH is great & all but if you ask me, the 'effect' is greatly improved here. So what if he's not as ripped? He looks more real & less CGI. They obviously did a great job with the mo-cap work. So what's to complain about? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm a fan of the film THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Light-years better than the Ang Lee debacle. However, in looking at these 2 pics, as well as the trailers I've seen so far of the upcoming film, I'll have to state that the Mark Ruffalo version actually looks more realistic. TIH is great & all but if you ask me, the 'effect' is greatly improved here. So what if he's not as ripped? He looks more real & less CGI. They obviously did a great job with the mo-cap work. So what's to complain about? Rolling Eyes

Anyone, ANYONE, who looks at this and DOESN'T see The Hulk is a fucking retard:

The Avengers News Thread - Page 10 Hulk6fkob

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Well, the one "criticism" I might've leveled is the apparent discontinuity between the two. But (A) that seems kind of stupid and petty to me and (B) in both pics, he's a big, green, pissed off son of a bitch and (C) they both look like Hulk to me.

Not to derail the thread but I hate that you have to add that qualifier. Between Singerman, the comics from, oh, maybe 2007 to 2011 (at least) and other things, the sheer need for the "classic" label is something we should all regret. Not criticizing you for doing it, mind you; I'm criticizing the necessity of it.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone, ANYONE, who looks at this and DOESN'T see The Hulk is a fucking retard:
That's pretty much it right there. The Avengers version may end up being the best Hulk we've seen yet. The trailer alone tells me some seriously cool shit is in store for him. But something else...

It obviously plays slowly the very first time you load it. So the effect of it is like watching the stuff in slow motion. Watch carefully at the end of it and Hulk SLAPS the plane at the end. I thought he punched it or maybe crashed into it or something. No. Watch closely. He SLAPS it. And then it goes boom.

As you say, if that doesn't scream "HULK!!!" to somebody, they've got problems I can't help them with.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:05 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:

Not to derail the thread but I hate that you have to add that qualifier. Between Singerman, the comics from, oh, maybe 2007 to 2011 (at least) and other things, the sheer need for the "classic" label is something we should all regret. Not criticizing you for doing it, mind you; I'm criticizing the necessity of it.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone, ANYONE, who looks at this and DOESN'T see The Hulk is a fucking retard:
That's pretty much it right there. The Avengers version may end up being the best Hulk we've seen yet. The trailer alone tells me some seriously cool shit is in store for him. But something else...

It obviously plays slowly the very first time you load it. So the effect of it is like watching the stuff in slow motion. Watch carefully at the end of it and Hulk SLAPS the plane at the end. I thought he punched it or maybe crashed into it or something. No. Watch closely. He SLAPS it. And then it goes boom.

As you say, if that doesn't scream "HULK!!!" to somebody, they've got problems I can't help them with.

I thought he collided with that plane too only somehow I mistook it for a helicopter. Oh well. Anyway, I took it for like an accidental collision but in looking at this more carefully, you're right. As for this being the best Hulk, I think that's right also. I just showed the Avengers trailer to my cousin's son while ago, the superhero nut. He hadn't seen it before now. He really got psyched up for this film! He too agreed about how realistic the Hulk looks. And get this. I also showed him the trailers for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES & THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN. He liked Spiderman but questioned the mechanical web-shooters because he's used to the Raimi version. However, TDKR he liked..........NOT! I showed him online how Bane is supposed to look & then I showed him duh hulking 190-lb. Hardly Bane. He laughed! Then I showed him the trailer. He stated, "I don't think I'm gonna like that." He told his Dad that for the villain they got 'someone puny'. Smile

I think this film will make the Hulk rather than break him. Ang Lee had a golden opportunity & he blew it, just like Bryan Singer did after him with the Superman franchise. Well, then we got THE INCREDIBLE HULK which was a much better film but for whatever reason the public just didn't get on board (think WATCHMEN). It's like they were apathetic or something. Edward Norton's 'drama' didn't exactly help the franchise either. Even though I hated to see him go, I now look at it as his loss! Now Mark Ruffalo steps up to the plate & is a team player like the rest of the cast. And he's playing the Hulk in a film that can't lose! So this may finally be the film that will win the public over to the Hulk. Finally! And KUDOS to Marvel Studios for not giving up on the character!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Not to derail the thread but I hate that you have to add that qualifier. Between Singerman, the comics from, oh, maybe 2007 to 2011 (at least) and other things, the sheer need for the "classic" label is something we should all regret. Not criticizing you for doing it, mind you; I'm criticizing the necessity of it.

I wish I didn't have to add that little "qualifier", but I do.

When Iron Man is falling from the sky, and the Hulk comes flying out of nowhere and grabs him, sliding down the side of that skyscraper, I was SOLD. I showed a friend who isn't big on either movies OR comic characters, and even HE got excited once he saw that scene.

He does indeed "Hulk Slap" that alien jet.

I'm very excited for this film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next