Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Come on, anyone who doesn't think this movie will 'eff shit up is either a diehard Nolanite piece of shit, or a retard....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=55511#comments

darthrageracer - 2/29/2012, 9:12 AM
Abuse Alert! - Annoying Wanker (5) , Troublemaker Troll (1)
Login to report abuse
transformers 3 still looked better and spider man and bat man will own...

darthrageracer - 2/29/2012, 9:19 AM
Login to report abuse
YAY!!!!! a new power rangers movie with a bigger budget....FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

RealGothamite - 2/29/2012, 9:21 AM
Abuse Alert! - Troublemaker Troll (4) , Mean Bully (1) ,
ummm could there be a bigger gathering of [foo foo]s anywhere on the internet than right here. This is not EPIC in the slightest, [frick]ing hell Battleshit looks better than this tripe, all of Bay's Transformers took a giant dump on the lame action sequences here.

And finally before I go... The Dark Knight Rises and kicks the [frick]in livin shit out of this cartoon, kiddie, lamefest.

Billion Dollar Batman!!!!

All you mother[frick]ers come across like kiddy fiddlers by the way!!!

IntrudersMom - 2/29/2012, 10:19 AM
Abuse Alert! - Troublemaker Troll (12) ,
Login to report abuse
I don't mean to be argumentative, but when I hear total losers ragging on Christopher Nolan (literally one of the best Directors working today) or any of his amazing films, I just have to come in and bring some of you Nerds back to reality.

The Avengers WILL make lots of money

The Avengers will NOT get any Academy award nominations (except for maybe sound or SFX)

The Avengers will NOT get good reviews from the critics

TDKR WILL make lots of money

TDKR WILL get legit Academy award nominations

TDKR WILL get good reviews from the critics.

TDKR WILL be an excellent FILM.
The Avengers will be a good COMIC BOOK MOVIE.

Boy, they sure did cover every category, didn't they?

'Nuff said.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh, here is a CLASSIC from the same link above:

batfan175 - 2/29/2012, 10:39 AM
Abuse Alert! - Crazy Psycho (1)
Login to report abuse
funny how you have to make a pro-military film to get access to the equipment. It's a lot of slow motion and stuff blowing up. the characters seem decent but the Hulk's CGi is distracting and not as good as seen in "The Incredible Hulk". I may be wrong but is this another film where the US, the biggest bully in the international community, gets invaded by an alien force and we're meant to feel sorry for the warmongering US gvt.? Funny how films like this get released in a year when a nuclear war between the US and Iran gets more and more likely. I'm not saying it's propaganda but it's just very convenient how the US is ALWAYS the victim.

Words. Fucking. Fail. Me.

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Derp_Lips
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

AP, was that guy a foreigner? I can't believe he's a true-blue, red-blooded AMERICAN! That's the kind of garbage you read over at duh Homopage, speaking of which, when I get a decent chance, I plan to go over there & see what those retards are saying about this subject.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:17 pm

non_amos wrote:AP, was that guy a foreigner? I can't believe he's a true-blue, red-blooded AMERICAN! That's the kind of garbage you read over at duh Homopage, speaking of which, when I get a decent chance, I plan to go over there & see what those retards are saying about this subject.

Couldn't tell, since they hide info over at that gossip site. Something tells me he is Canadian though.

The putrid bile REEKS of, hell, LOKI from 'Thor'! Overlooked for his bigger, stronger "brother", scrawny, inherently evil? Wink

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 I-kid-i-kid
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:37 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Come on, anyone who doesn't think this movie will 'eff shit up is either a diehard Nolanite piece of shit, or a retard....
Surely you jest. Surely nobody is out there pissing all over Avengers out of some misguided, self-righteous sense of cinematic elitism. Sorry Puncher, unless you can produce some quotes, I'm getting off this bus.

douchebag wrote:darthrageracer - 2/29/2012, 9:12 AM
Login to report abuse
transformers 3 still looked better and spider man and bat man will own...
Oh my...

douchebag wrote:darthrageracer - 2/29/2012, 9:19 AM
Login to report abuse
YAY!!!!! a new power rangers movie with a bigger budget....FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

It ain't the Dark Knight that's rising, it's my urge to kill.

douchebag wrote:IntrudersMom - 2/29/2012, 10:19 AM
Abuse Alert! - Troublemaker Troll (12) ,
Login to report abuse
I don't mean to be argumentative, but when I hear total losers ragging on Christopher Nolan (literally one of the best Directors working today) or any of his amazing films, I just have to come in and bring some of you Nerds back to reality.

TDKR WILL be an excellent FILM.
The Avengers will be a good COMIC BOOK MOVIE.
Pretentious blowhards like this reinforce my argument that "he needed killin'" should be brought back as a viable legal defense in murder proceedings.

douchebag wrote:batfan175 - 2/29/2012, 10:39 AM
Abuse Alert! - Crazy Psycho (1)
Login to report abuse
funny how you have to make a pro-military film to get access to the equipment. It's a lot of slow motion and stuff blowing up. the characters seem decent but the Hulk's CGi is distracting and not as good as seen in "The Incredible Hulk". I may be wrong but is this another film where the US, the biggest bully in the international community, gets invaded by an alien force and we're meant to feel sorry for the warmongering US gvt.? Funny how films like this get released in a year when a nuclear war between the US and Iran gets more and more likely. I'm not saying it's propaganda but it's just very convenient how the US is ALWAYS the victim.

Okay, I usually go out of my way to not be one of those Internet warrior jackoffs who make threats about physical violence that they'd NEVER make face-to-face (because short though my temper may be, I'm not a violent person) but this asshole had better pray to God in heaven he and I never meet in person. For the moment, to hell with movies and entertainment. Dude, if THIS is how you feel about America, feel free to expatriate yourself. I'd be willing to bet Cuba, North Korea or China would be simply overjoyed to have you. Hell, I'll even help you pack!

There can't be very many people out there who are as opposed to this administration's policies as I am but until this country finally knuckles under and turns it's back on the Constitution and individual liberty, this place is the last, best hope for freedom in this world and I won't hear anybody say otherwise.

Point being that if I ever somehow meet this fucknugget... well, he won't be very happy, let's say that.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Words. Fucking. Fail. Me.
You have my sympathies, sir.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 am

What gets me is this guy complains about the CGI for the Hulk stating that it's not as good as TIH. Well, that's open to interpretation but this MOTION-CAPTURE work that Mark Ruffalo did so far looks pretty good to me! I like TIH a lot & the CGI was a vast improvement over Ang Lee's version but still, if you ask me, this version somehow looks more realistic! Sure, it looks like Ruffalo & not Norton or Bana but by the same token, in Ruffalo the studio seems to have found an actor who actually wants to play the character for the character. Not phoning it in like Bana & not being a PRIMA DONNA like Norton. That should matter a lot in that if there's a sequel, no doubt Ruffalo will be back. And hopefully the Hulk will finally catch on due to the Avengers. I sent that trailer to my nephew on Facebook & he said he would've bought a ticket just to have seen that trailer! And what is it with these Nolanites that they always ass-ume everything else is like TRANSFORMERS?

As for the anti-American crapola, words fail indeed. Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 am

non_amos wrote:What gets me is this guy complains about the CGI for the Hulk stating that it's not as good as TIH. Well, that's open to interpretation but this MOTION-CAPTURE work that Mark Ruffalo did so far looks pretty good to me! I like TIH a lot & the CGI was a vast improvement over Ang Lee's version but still, if you ask me, this version somehow looks more realistic! Sure, it looks like Ruffalo & not Norton or Bana but by the same token, in Ruffalo the studio seems to have found an actor who actually wants to play the character for the character. Not phoning it in like Bana & not being a PRIMA DONNA like Norton. That should matter a lot in that if there's a sequel, no doubt Ruffalo will be back. And hopefully the Hulk will finally catch on due to the Avengers. I sent that trailer to my nephew on Facebook & he said he would've bought a ticket just to have seen that trailer! And what is it with these Nolanites that they always ass-ume everything else is like TRANSFORMERS?

As for the anti-American crapola, words fail indeed. Evil or Very Mad
My bad, I can't believe I overlooked that but what can I say, that 99%/hippie/leftwing shit kinda set me off. But to your point, THIS IS A TRAILER. Odds are it was cut together a few weeks or months ago based on footage that was available but not necessarily completed a few weeks or months before that. Bottom line? In movies like this, you need to be careful about critiquing the CG stuff until you see the final version. Because a lot can and likely will change from the time a trailer is put together and the finished thing is released.

But beyond that... honestly, I thought the CG Hulk looked pretty good in the shots from that trailer. Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see what the beef is. It's good right now and it'll probably be even better when the movie comes out. What's the problem exactly?

Bear in mind though, my gold standard for bad CGI is that Playstation 2-grade shot of Superblandon flying over Sydney. Ugh, THAT was bad.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:13 am

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 The_av10

NUFF SAID! MAKE MINE MARVEL! EXCELSIOR!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:26 am

On the cgi for me everything looks pretty dam good. And the film isn't out for almost two more months. Most films ie big sfx driven films usually continue to touch up effects shots untill at least 3 or so weeks before first official screenings take place. So there is still some time for enhancements to take place if they are.. and likke you guys said who know when exactly these scenes where put together..

Now to those comments boy are there some yahoos. First and formost hardly any comic book movie ever gets noms for good catagories like best actor/screenplay/film. Thhe acedmey has always shun films like these. That is usually why ty end up only getting techniocal nom/wins. Where as they get better fair at kca/saturn awards, mtv movie awards, etc...... type award shows. As for the film itself everything looks good and there has hardly been anything bad to say on film or from critics so far. Where as bbatman while yes nolan has made a good series and brought him back after shcumaker screwed the poouch. There is still areas that nolan could have worked better on. Heck that is where marvel studios got over wb/dc. They know how to create a world where realistic characters live and breath but fantastical things like magic and aliens can happen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 pm

non_amos wrote:The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 The_av10

NUFF SAID! MAKE MINE MARVEL! EXCELSIOR!

Anyone else notice that Hulk has chest hair??

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Traile10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone else notice that Hulk has chest hair??

01- Nope, I sure hadn't. But remember, it's still "shitty CG". Nevermind expensive, time-consuming little nuances like that, okay?

02- Just watched the trailer again and it seriously holds up. I'm still excited about this bad boy. For my money, THIS is the movie to beat this summer. Everything else is looking more and more like a footnote.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:01- Nope, I sure hadn't. But remember, it's still "shitty CG". Nevermind expensive, time-consuming little nuances like that, okay?

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Nolanite

02- Just watched the trailer again and it seriously holds up. I'm still excited about this bad boy. For my money, THIS is the movie to beat this summer. Everything else is looking more and more like a footnote.

I sent it to a friend, and he watched it while we were on the phone together. I could tell the exact second he saw the part where Hulk catches Iron Man, and he's not a "funny book guy" at all.

Even he can't wait for 'The Avengers'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone else notice that Hulk has chest hair??

01- Nope, I sure hadn't. But remember, it's still "shitty CG". Nevermind expensive, time-consuming little nuances like that, okay?

No, I hadn't noticed that either but looking at this enlarged pic I noticed something else too. It looks like Hulk hasn't shaved! But like you say, this CGI belongs in the toilet, right? Rolling Eyes

Remember, in 1978 Richard Donner 'made us believe that a man can fly'. In 2012, Christopher Nolan will 'make us believe that a 190-lb. weakling can be the monster Bane'!

Nolanites, meet duh apologists. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

Interesting find there ap. Didn't notice it myself..
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Anvengers trailer tops tdkr trailer record for most views in 24hrs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=55655
UPDATE: New Trailer For THE AVENGERS Breaks TDKR's iTunes Record As The Most Viewed Movie Trailer

The record that The Dark Knight Rises held with its theatrical trailer,has been topped by Marvel's The Avengers new trailer,with 13.7 million views in just 24 hours. Check it out... WolvieCBM - 3/2/2012

I'm sure we will get a press release soon (I'll update as soon as we do), but for now we have this tweet from the editor of BoxOfficeGuru.com. According to him, the latest full-length trailer for the Joss Whedon-directed comic book adaptation The Avengers, has topped The Dark Knight Rises trailer as the most viewed movie trailer on iTunes. The Dark Knight Rises set a record back in December with 12.5 million views in 24 hours (previously held by The Avengers), and now Marvel's The Avengers is back on top, with big 13.7 million views.

#Avengers trailer viewed a record 13.7M times in 1st 24 hrs on iTunes. Most ever for movie trailer on that platform.

— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) March 2, 2012

UPDATE: BURBANK,Calif.,March 2,2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Marvel Studios announced today that its new trailer for this summer's most highly anticipated movie, "Marvel's The Avengers," has been viewed over 13.7 million times in the first 24 hours of its debut,setting a new record for the most viewed trailer on iTunes ( http://www.apple.com/trailers ) and the iTunes Trailers app for iPhone,iPad and iPod touch.

The new trailer,unveiled Wednesday,February 29,exclusively on iTunes,gives fans an exciting look at "Marvel's The Avengers"--an action adventure of a lifetime--based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series "The Avengers," first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since.

Starring Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Cobie Smulders, The Avengers is set to hit theatres on May 4, 2012!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:00 am

Is this really a surprise? I don't think so! It's a no-brainer if you ask me. I mean, compare the two & it ain't 'apples & oranges' either! In The Avengers we see the HULK catching Iron Man in freefall. Totally frickin' awesome! But in TDKR we have duh hulking 190-lb. Bane, a character that should be a 'Hulk' of sorts himself but instead we get a member of the Christopher Nolan Fan Club. Or one of his 'permanent' employees. And he blows up a football stadium. YOWSA!

Which film do you wanna put your money on? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 am

non_amos wrote:Is this really a surprise? I don't think so! It's a no-brainer if you ask me. I mean, compare the two & it ain't 'apples & oranges' either! In The Avengers we see the HULK catching Iron Man in freefall. Totally frickin' awesome! But in TDKR we have duh hulking 190-lb. Bane, a character that should be a 'Hulk' of sorts himself but instead we get a member of the Christopher Nolan Fan Club. Or one of his 'permanent' employees. And he blows up a football stadium. YOWSA!

My only beef here is that I'm frequently disappointed by the decisions made by the American public. So the cynic in me is wondering that TDKRises will earn more money at the box office and be better regarded than Avengers just because most people are shitheads.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:53 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Is this really a surprise? I don't think so! It's a no-brainer if you ask me. I mean, compare the two & it ain't 'apples & oranges' either! In The Avengers we see the HULK catching Iron Man in freefall. Totally frickin' awesome! But in TDKR we have duh hulking 190-lb. Bane, a character that should be a 'Hulk' of sorts himself but instead we get a member of the Christopher Nolan Fan Club. Or one of his 'permanent' employees. And he blows up a football stadium. YOWSA!

My only beef here is that I'm frequently disappointed by the decisions made by the American public. So the cynic in me is wondering that TDKRises will earn more money at the box office and be better regarded than Avengers just because most people are shitheads.

Good point. I just hope you're wrong this time. The Avengers ain't just 'popcorn entertainment' but by the same token, TDKR ain't the Oscar winner everyone already has it to be by default. But this general public is hard to figure out at times. Like they make the TWILIGHT saga a runaway hit yet people barely showed up for WATCHMEN?! You gotta be kidding me! Ya know, there must be more apologists than we even realize. I didn't know they can breed. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 am

As much as I'm looking forward to "The Avengers" movie as the next guy there's still one thing that bothers me and that is the re-casting of Bruce Banner and the redesign of the Hulk.

I understand that they didn't get Edward Norton back for the role due to some financial related issues but still they could have aleast find an actor who can not only play out the role but also look like the actor that recently played that role rather than hiring someone who just happens to be a friend of Edward Norton.

It'll just end up giving me the impression that I'm witnessing a wholely different character rather than giving me the impression that I'm witnessing the same character that I saw in another movie! But since the deed is already been done I would expect that since they hire Mark Ruffalo for the role they would have to explain how Bruce Banner look abit different than how he looked before and as much as I understand that the Hulk's facial will be based off of Ruffalo's facial just as Hulk's facial was based off of Norton's in "The Incredible Hulk" they could aleast design the Hulk's body the same as in TIH and even have his hair as moistful as such.

The bottom line is I was already accepting TIH film as the more improve & definitive interpretation of the Hulk and just when I thought that we'll be seeing that same Hulk/Bruce Banner in "The Avengers" we'll end up seeing another version of the Hulk/Bruce Banner instead which I'm not too fond of the idea and in turn I hope they'll be some explainations given during the course of the film in regards to physical appearance change.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 am

Oh sure i hate the whole matter of recasting in any film series. And if you know anything on the behind the scenes stuff with norton and the guy from ironman 1. They did have there problems with marvel. Personally i have no problems with ruffalo he is a solid actor and does good work. So i cant wait to see what he brings to the hulk.

In other news here is some new photos/info from the film from the upcoming Avengers making of movie book(Spoilers within):
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SupermanSmallville/news/?a=55882
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Concept art:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=56142

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 R4yhr4t5yheyh

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Etgdryhhe

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 6rt5tthth

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 65uj6jy6j
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Although I've seen pics of this issue ever since I was a child, I find it interesting in light of the plot for THE AVENGERS film.

The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Avenge10

But the Hulk also left in the 3rd issue. Let's hope that's not the case for any sequels to this film though.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Cool concept art. As for sequel lineup. Probably counts who stays and if they throw in someone new like antman/wasp/black panther.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am

Some avengers news:
http://www.slashfilm.com/amc-plans-film-avengers-marathon-3/
AMC Plans Six Film ‘Avengers’ Marathon on May 3

Posted on Monday, March 12th, 2012 by Russ Fischer

Does your summer vacation start early, or do you want to burn a personal day just as summer gets rolling? Then pencil Thursday, May 3 on your calendar, which is when AMC Theaters will run the Ultimate Marvel Marathon. For forty bucks (that’s $40) you’ll get to see Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America (the latter two in 3D) followed by a midnight screening of The Avengers, also in 3D.

AMC’s website doesn’t yet feature a full list of participating theaters. A few outlets (below) started selling tickets last night and this morning, and other theaters will go on sale March 16. Here’s the current list of theaters where you can buy tickets for the marathon:

Boston Common 19 (Boston, MA)
Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
Downtown Disney 12 (Anaheim, CA)
Aventura 24 (Aventura, FL)
Empire 25 (New York, NY)
Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
Downtown Disney 24 (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
Metreon 16 (San Francisco, CA)
Alderwood 16 (Lynnwood, WA)
Tysons Corner 16 (McLean, VA)
The Avengers News Thread - Page 9 Ultima24

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=56201
Joss Whedon Reveals THE AVENGERS Official Runtime
Joss Whedon's superhero extravaganza The Avengers will be over two hours long, but how many additional minutes are audiences in store for?
nailbiter111 - 3/11/2012

While talking to Collider director Joss Whedon opened up about the runtime of Marvel's The Avengers. He says the first cut was about three hours long, but has been cut down. And if you're hoping to see a longer director's cut, don't count on it. He is very adamant that the final cut is the best cut:

“No [there won’t be a director’s cut on the DVD]. I… believe very strongly in putting
the director’s cut into the theaters. I believe that the director’s cut is the best movie for
the studio and the best version of the movie for the audience."

“My first cut was three hours long and it’s now down to 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I’m extremely proud of that. I had always intended to go over two, under two and a half. There was no way a movie with this many great actors and this much epic scope was gonna clock in under two and not feel a little anemic, somebody wasn’t gonna get their moment if that happened. But at the same time, I get very angry that romantic comedies run over two hours long, it’s like ‘Guys, that’s not okay.’ More isn’t more. I don’t want anything in the movie that shouldn’t be.”

“There’s a lot of me that got cut out, but I think part of the process in a situation like this is you make the movie, you make your movie, then you remove yourself out of the equation. At some point you stop looking beyond The Avengers movie at your own stuff, you don’t look at that horizon you look at this movie and you go, ‘You know what, The Avengers are more important than I am so these things that I’m obsessed with aren’t necessarily moving the story forward, and therefore they are baggage.’ You can do that in a TV show, you can bring your baggage and sort of lay it out because you have a season to do it, but in a movie you actually have to remove yourself from the equation a bit and when I was finally able to do that, I saw a much clearer road to how to get the best experience for the audience.”

Joss also won't include any nods to his past films or television show in The Avengers. He understands that the Marvel universe has nothing to do with his Whedonverse. But he did include nods to the Marvel universe in the film. He tells Collider, “There are a couple of mentions of things; we were preserving the continuity and I threw in one or two things where I’m like, ‘Well this is something one of them would say because it’s part of the Marvel universe even if it’s not a part of this movie necessarily.’"

Visit Collider to read the rest of the interview.

Man would have loved it to be 3hr film. To that matter director's cut would be nice. But what ever is cut will probably be included as deleted scenes for video release. But i am glad he decided to go in the 2hr 15min-2hr 30min range. That i think is a good length.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

That 1st item, the movie marathon, I just saw over at SHH. Interesting concept but I guess for most of us we'll just have to 'duplicate' it at home on DVD. Actually that idea has crossed my mind a little bit anyway as I tend to be like that leading up to a new film in a series. I recently proposed doing that with the upcoming Batman film on these forums but naturally I'd lean towards the same thing with Avengers.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next