Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 am

Colors I don't know what happened with that post in jl thread. I just copy/pasted it from page. So I don't know what caused spelling errors in the post itself.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:40 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172459-marvels-the-avengers-is-coming-back-to-theaters

Marvel's The Avengers is Coming Back to Theaters!

by Spencer Perry
August 30, 2012

Marvel Studios announced today via their Facebook page that The Avengers will be returning to theaters this Labor day weekend for a one week stint. The film will expand back into 1705 theaters for the next week.

We ask whether they've added anything to the film, because on their page Marvel added a simple reminder, "Don’t forget to stay through the credits…" Now, when your announcement image features the most worthwhile thing from the end credits, why remind people to stay? Is there something new?

Written and directed by Joss Whedon, the superhero ensemble stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, and Stellan Skarsgård. The film has earned a massive $1.49 billion at the worldwide box office and it stands as the #3 film of all time globally and domestically.

Since when did it ever leave theaters?! Nevertheless will there be 'extended' footage in this like was rumored a while back? I only wish I could go.................................................................................. bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am

Just read the news myselfff a few mins ago. Would be fun if it does included cut scenes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 pm

briefcase/ten disc avengers/phase one set delayed due to lawsuit:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/marvels-phase-one-blu-ray-box-set-delayed-over-packaging-lawsuit-20120904?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Marvel's Phase One Blu-ray Box Set Delayed Over Packaging Lawsuit
BY CAIN RODRIGUEZ SEPTEMBER 4, 2012 10:17 AM

With many budgets routinely crossing the $150 million threshold, studios keep a close eye on their tentpoles, making sure the films hit that four-quadrant sweet spot with nothing, not a blemish, to stop them. Every once in awhile, however, certain details are overlooked and the detail in the case of Marvel’s blockbuster team-up film “The Avengers” will block the release of the Blu-ray box set of Phase One of their cinematic universe.

Apparently the briefcase that held the superhero film’s MacGuffin, the Tesseract, wasn’t just a generic design but rather one that is copyrighted by the German luggage company Rimowa BhmbH. While the necessary legal paperwork was filed and permission granted for the briefcase’s use in the film, the selling of replicas as part of the deluxe Blu-ray set -- which would have included the run of films directly leading into “The Avengers,” including the Joss Whedon film itself, along with a replica of the so-called Cosmic Cube -- was not part of the deal.

In a complaint filed in federal court in California, the German company alleges that “Marvel did not obtain any license or authorization from Rimowa to make replica copies of the case for any purpose . . . the plastic ‘replica case’ [is] a close copy of Rimowa’s Topas attaché case in every respect but quality -- from the proportions and coloring, to the style of the handle and latches, and, of course, in the use of the trademarked parallel ridges around the body of the case.”

Ouch. In the face of these serious allegations the set has been pulled offline and no longer available for pre-order. Fans will just have to make do with the three other versions available for the moment until a new agreement is reached (or new packaging arrives from Asgard).
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Clark gregg still working with marvel:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=66777
Clark Gregg On Working With Marvel Again, The S.H.I.E.L.D TV Show, & Those VISION Rumors

As I'm sure we ALL know by now,agent Coulson met a his demise in The Avengers,but does that mean we won't ever see him on screen again? There is enormous fan support for his return,but what does Clark Gregg think about it all.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 9/4/2012

The fans just won't seem to let ol Phil Coulson rest in peace. Ever since Loki killed the character in The Avengers, many have theorized and speculated as to how Marvel could bring him back from the dead. One theory even involves him being resurrected as The Vision, an android member of the comic incarnation of The Avengers who is inhabited by a human soul. Personally I think dead should be dead, and bringing the character back would only cheapen his heroic check-out, but there is no doubt that the man behind the "son of Coul" is very appreciative of the fan support. In an interview with Movies.com, Clark Gregg once again discusses the possibility of his return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, his plans to possibly direct for them, and those "hilarious and moving" Vision theories..

"I don't know if we'll see Agent Coulson again, but I certainly do his voice in their animated series, The Ultimate Spider-Man, and you never know, there may be a flashback or something sometime. I really hit it off with those guys [at Marvel], and I've talked to them lately about some ways I can continue to work with them, perhaps as a writer or director."

"You know The Vision is synthetic with a soul, sort of, and he's an amazing character who I loved when I used to read those comics. I love the idea of Coulson as that guy, but I don't know if that's in the cards."

Also, when asked about the recently announced S.H.I.E.L.D tv series he replied - "You know what, that was the moment when I went, 'Great, they're doing the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show and I'm on a slab!". Not to worry, I'm sure Coulson will get a mention, maybe a little memorial plaque on the Hellicarrier bridge or something. Seriously though, if Coulson was to reappear in some form, would you guys like that or should he stay a memory? Sound off below.
Now for me I still wish they didn't off him in avengers. But definately hope if the shield show is a success maybe have an episode or two about coulson set pre avengers film.

Also I personally like the fan idea of him becoming/used for creation of the vision for the mcu. Sure its change from the comics. But would work with what we have had in the films so far. I don't really see why so many think that is a bad idea.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I like Coulson as much as the next guy but I really don't get why everybody is so in love with him. But whatever...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 am

Some more info on the phase one avengers boxset:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66942
Disney Promise More Content In Delayed "Phase One" AVENGERS ASSEMBLED Box Set

Following the news that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled boxset has been delayed to next Spring,Disney has now issued the following statement which confirms plans for a new design and more content than previously advertised. Josh Wilding - 9/8/2012

When the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled box set was first revealed, it was met with a great deal of excitement from fans. Featuring all six of the Marvel Studios movies released so far over ten discs, it was set to be released in a replica of the briefcase used by Nick Fury in the superhero ensemble and would also include a glowing replica of the Tesseract. However, a German luggage firm filed a lawsuit because of the similarities between the replica briefcase being used for this set and one of their products, indefinitely delaying the release. Well, Disney have now issued the following statement about the new Spring 2013 date.

We are sorry to inform you that there will be a delay in the availability of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled Collection. Originally, the Collection was to be available on September 25, 2012, but unfortunately we are now unable to make that date. We are currently working with Marvel to identify the exact date when the Collection will be available, but we expect it to be during Spring, 2013.

The Collection will come in a new briefcase and include even more than the content and features that were first advertised. We know that you are disappointed in this delay, and we are working hard to get your Collection to you as soon as possible. We will have an updated announcement for you in the coming weeks which will include actual timing and final details. Once again, we apologize for the delay and hope that when you do receive the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled Collection, you will enjoy it as much as Marvel enjoyed creating it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Just wondering. The Avengers DVD has been out since this past Tuesday but I don't think I've seen a peep on here about it. And there's several different versions out too, especially whereas the Blu-Ray is concerned.

I had wanted to buy it the day of release but money has been tight, what can I say? Also, the version I specifically want is the 4-disc version of the Blu-Ray which is something like 3-D Blu-Ray, plain Blu-Ray, plain DVD, Digital Copy, whatever. It also has one of those 3-D slip-cases. However, it's around 35 bucks without tax at Walmart! What I'm hoping to do shortly is that hopefully towards the holidays there's some of these insane sales where I get it at a bargain. I know, I can buy the single-disc DVD in the meantime & I may but it's not what I really want.

So do any of you guys have any of these versions yet & what of the deleted scenes & special features? Any good?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Honestly, I bought the Blu-Ray/DVD 2-pack with the Target bonus disc on Tuesday and.....still haven't opened it.

I'll let you know how it is in the next few days.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 am

non_amos wrote:Just wondering. The Avengers DVD has been out since this past Tuesday but I don't think I've seen a peep on here about it. And there's several different versions out too, especially whereas the Blu-Ray is concerned.

I had wanted to buy it the day of release but money has been tight, what can I say? Also, the version I specifically want is the 4-disc version of the Blu-Ray which is something like 3-D Blu-Ray, plain Blu-Ray, plain DVD, Digital Copy, whatever. It also has one of those 3-D slip-cases. However, it's around 35 bucks without tax at Walmart! What I'm hoping to do shortly is that hopefully towards the holidays there's some of these insane sales where I get it at a bargain. I know, I can buy the single-disc DVD in the meantime & I may but it's not what I really want.

So do any of you guys have any of these versions yet & what of the deleted scenes & special features? Any good?
Haven't had a chance to buy it (money situation) but I've watched it since it came out (thanks Internet!) and I must say this is one of the few movies I've ever seen that actually plays better with an audience. Example? Thor calling Loki his brother and then revising it to adopted brother. Plays like hell in a packed theater but watching it by yourself... eh, doesn't work quite as well. Hulk sucker-punching Thor during the war with the Chitari is kind of the same deal.

That needn't detract from the movie. Shit, there's an entire generation out there that says unless you've seen the original 1977 version of Star Wars in a full theater, you haven't seen it... and for the same audience participation factor. Allz I'm remarking on is how different Avengers plays at home vs. seeing it with a crowd.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm

non_amos wrote:Just wondering. The Avengers DVD has been out since this past Tuesday but I don't think I've seen a peep on here about it. And there's several different versions out too, especially whereas the Blu-Ray is concerned.

I watched the extra's, as well as the film, and this is my opinion of them:

Item 47 - Very good little short film, that DOESN'T end the way you think it will. If the S.H.I.E.L.D. show is similar in tone to this short, it will be pretty entertaining.

Gag Reel - Very funny, and I dig the use of the 'Smokey & The Bandit' music. And why.

The Alternate Opening/Ending - It was...different. Not bad, but different. I'm glad they went with what they did, as this opening didn't "jibe" with the tone of the film. Hill's last line was great though.

Deleted Scenes/Extended Scenes - The Steve Rogers stuff was some very good stuff, and i think they should try to find a way to fit it into 'Winter Soldier', as it truly does expand on his character. The other scenes were good. The Banner stuff I think could have stayed in. Explains where he got the motorcycle, at the very least.

“Assembling the Ultimate Team”/“A Visual Journey” - Very cool little features. Nothing too in-depth, but fun to see. Each character gets their "moment", and I enjoyed both immensely.

'The Avengers' Blu-Ray - It's The Avengers. On Blu-Ray. 'Nuff said.

I haven't watched the Target 90 minute 'Building A Cinematic Universe' disc just yet. But I will.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Bought mine the day after it came out. Was out of town day of release for work. But picked up the target exculsive bluray/dvd combo. I really didn't need the 3d ones and didn't need special comic walmart set was, and as sweet looking as best buy set look again didn't need 3d blur ray/bluray/dvd combo. But happy to have the movie now. Haven't watched the bonus stuff but going to in next few days with my schedule free.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 am

Check out this idiot:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173235-the-dark-knight-rises-cinematographer-wally-pfister-calls-marvels-the-avengers-qappallingq

The Dark Knight Rises Cinematographer Wally Pfister Calls The Avengers 'Appalling'

by Silas Lesnick
October 16, 2012

Marvel's The Avengers has proven to be enormously popular across the world, both at the box office and with critics. One man who's clearly not a fan, however, is cinematographer Wally Pfister (whose own comic-to-screen work includes Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy). In a new interview with The Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Pfister strikes out at the Marvel Studios release.

"I thought 'The Avengers' was an appalling film," he says. "They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling."

Although even the strongest detractors of this summer's The Dark Knight Rises will have a hard time arguing against Pfister's groundbreaking work with IMAX cinematography, it's Marvel's The Avengers that gets the last laugh at the box office. Earth's mightiest heroes raked in an astonishing $1.5 billion, becoming the third-highest grossing film of all time.

(Photo Credit: FayesVision / WENN.com)

Yeah Wally, Avengers was such a lousy film that it mopped the floor with Nolan. You too. Methinks me smelleth sour grapes here? lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 pm

I find the name "Wally Pfister" to be appalling....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 am

Avengers was... what? Appallingly awesome? Of course they wanted to show off their sets and effects. These are action films. They're all about effects and spectacle. If you spend half a million bucks designing and building an elaborate bridge for the SHIELD ship, bet yer ass you show it off. That's the whole point. Not every movie can be as visually "captivating" as The Dark Knight. If that's enough to ruin the movie for you, you have absolutely no clue what this genre is supposed to be all about... but then he's a professional Nolanite so what am I saying?

And of course he's all butt-hurt because Avengers kicked TDKRises' ass at the box office. But thanks for showing up, you guys!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Wow really wally haad to say that about the film. I personally had no issues with camera angles/way the film was shot. But to saay its appaalling is a abaad dig on whedon work. He could have just said he didn't like the movie and leave it at that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 am

webhead2006 wrote:Wow really wally haad to say that about the film. I personally had no issues with camera angles/way the film was shot. But to saay its appaalling is a abaad dig on whedon work. He could have just said he didn't like the movie and leave it at that.
Maybe it's not polite to speak ill of someone who obviously isn't around to defend himself but I shall not miss disfluent posts like this.

In other news, Disney now owns the rights to ALL Marvel Studios films.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/disney-buys-rights-to-four-marvel-movies-from-viacom-s-paramount.html
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17