Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 pm

I know right non I hate when collectors sets have that high of a price. As cool as it would be to get the set. I probably will just be getting one of the combo bluray sets for avengers.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Here we go again. I seem to remember Joe Johnston saying he was "uncertain" before he was let go too...

[url=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=63734[/url]

Joss Whedon Uncertain If He'll Helm THE AVENGERS 2
Despite Marvel Studios moving forward with the inevitable sequel to The Avengers, director Joss Whedon reveals he's still undecided about returning, during his Firefly panel at SDCC. Check it out!
DCMarvelFreshman - 7/13/2012

Amid the San Diego Comic-Con panel celebrating his Firefly series' 10-year anniversary, Marvel's The Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon commented on the status surrounding his return to helm the inevitable sequel. Once again remaining uncertain about the anticipated reassembly, Deadline quotes Whedon stating:

“I have not come to a decision on directing Avengers 2 yet. I am having too much fun with this [Firefly reunion] now,” says Whedon.

Despite reportedly aiming Marvel's The Avengers sequel for a 2015 release date, Marvel Studios has Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 and the yet-to-announced Guardians of the Galaxy movie already dated. Therefore, there's time before Whedon can proclaim his commitment to the sequel. And even despite all that, it's hard to imagine the studio moving forward without him, considering the film's unexpected success was ultimately the result of his writing and directing. Expect more from the filmmaker over the weekend. What do you think?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

It would be a big disapointment if they drop him. Since he was a key to avengers success and all. But again if avengers 2 is confirmed for 2015 if guardians is 2014. He has well over a yr plus. Before he wouuld need to be working on sequel script and directing. Since work probably wouldn't get under way to mid 2014 orr so. But marvel please keep him. So if that is case he would have time to relax, work on some side projects like any new firefly/etc.... stuff and so forth.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Unlike the other Marvel directors, bringing Whedon back is an investment. His name has marquee value to it, the movie's quality speaks for itself and the insane box office figures dictate that Marvel should do pretty much whatever they have to do to get him back on the bus. If the Avengers had done "only" $350 million in the US, I might not say that. But $612 million domestic? $1.4 billion worldwide? Bring the guy back... by any means necessary.

I've defended Marvel in the past for not paying directors a little bit extra (or whatever) to do sequels. I will not do so this time. Different game, different rules.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 pm

webhead2006 wrote:It would be a big disapointment if they drop him. Since he was a key to avengers success and all.
"A key"? There's a strong argument he was THE key. True, the movie had a shitload of interest before cameras even rolled and news of Whedon directing the sucker didn't excite at least me.

Even so, his fingerprints are all over the movie's artistic successes. He's indispensable to everything the movie is.

webhead2006 wrote:But again if avengers 2 is confirmed for 2015 if guardians is 2014. He has well over a yr plus. Before he wouuld need to be working on sequel script and directing. Since work probably wouldn't get under way to mid 2014 orr so. But marvel please keep him. So if that is case he would have time to relax, work on some side projects like any new firefly/etc.... stuff and so forth.
I'm actually wondering how Avengers success is going to change his participation in that new Buffy movie. Originally, Whedon had basically zero involvement in it. But now... well, maybe now he has the mojo to elbow his way in and at least make sure they do the job right.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Didn't I predict a little while ago that we'd read something like this shortly after Avengers came out?

Man, I'm good! king

But let's hope I'm wrong too.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanos mini series canceled:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/171995-comics-marvel-cancels-thanos-mini-series
Comics: Marvel Cancels Thanos Mini-Series by Spencer Perry July 27, 2012 Share this story

The upcoming prequel series is no more

Marvel has been gearing up to make Thanos a big piece of the Marvel U again lately. First was his inclusion in this summer's The Avengers along with teased appearances in the Avengers Assemble comic book and the character was going to get his very own mini-series come this October in Thanos: Son of Titan. Just today, retailers were sent this note by Diamond Comic Distributors:

THANOS SON OF TITAN #1 (OF 5) & VAR (AUG120580-1, $2.99, FOC 09/24/12) has been cancelled.

No specifications as to why this has occured as the Marvel Previews magazine featuring the title just hit stores this week.

The folks at Bleeding Cool do have an interesting speculation though: Thanos’ creator Jim Starlin, though adamantly scotching any talk of starting a lawsuit against Marvel Comics, has been making it clear that he created Thanos before coming to Marvel Comics. And has proclaimed his displeasure with Marvel over using his creations in movies and comics without financial recompense.

Time will tell, but we really hope this mini-series will see the light of day.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm reading this stuff about Jim Starlin lately but let me emphasize this. The dude on one hand seemed pleased to see Thanos in the Avengers film. OTOH he's griping about, "I didn't get financial compensation for it!" Well, unlike duh Siegel parasites, this guy ought to be easy enough to pay off. I mean, read between the lines. He just wants a cut. So issue him some royalty checks or something & keep using Thanos!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Know right non I too remember rreadingg back in may he was happy and pleased/surprise to see thanos in the film. But then all the new in last month breaks saying he is pissed and he created character before he joined marvel and I am like wtf. Cause it really now makes him look like he is after the billion dollar pie avengers made. And I am sure he had made money off thanos over the yrs from comics/merch/etc... but ya this shouldn't end like siegel issue and maybe marrvel just throw him some moolah at him and it be done.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Marvel getting sued:
http://www.themarysue.com/marvel-briefcase-suit/
MARVEL Being Sued Over THE AVENGERS Collector's Briefcase Set

It looks like there's a lawsuit being filed against Marvel for the design of the briefcase being used for the Phase One blu-ray set... Click for more details SaintSpidey67Re - 8/5/2012

The Mary Sue is reporting that German luggage maker Rimowa GmbH is suing Marvel for mass-producing it's briefcase design for their Phase One blu-ray set without their permission.
The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 24eytkn
I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t mess with Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. but a German luggage company is about to step up to the main man in a big way. The company, Rimowa GmbH, is suing Marvel and owner Disney’s Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Why? See that magnificent DVD case above? That’s one of Rimowa GmbH’s designs. We know that for sure because they allowed Marvel to let Samuel L. Jackson carry it in The Avengers. What they didn’t do was allow Marvel to mass produce and sell it. Oops.

Rimowa says they have no problem with how their Topas attaché case was used in The Avengers, they gave permission for that. ”However, Marvel did not obtain any license or authorization from Rimowa to make replica copies of the cases for any purpose,” says the plaintiff in the new lawsuit. Marvel is currently advertising and taking pre-orders for this set they call Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One — Avengers Assembled Box Set. We previously showed you the stylized art that is meant to go along with each of the included films.

“Images of the replica briefcase on Marvel’s advertising materials, and fan video from Marvel’s product display at this year’s Comic-Con convention, show the plastic ‘replica case’ to be a close copy of Rimowa’s Topas attaché case in every respect but quality,” states the complaint from Rimowa, “from the proportions and coloring, to the style of the handle and latches, and, of course, in the use of the trademarked parallel ridges around the body of the case.”
The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 21bmblc
I wouldn't take Disney as ones for committing blatant copyright infringement, or for their lawyers to let something like this slip by...

For more on this, please read the original article at The Mary Sue's website.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Whedon update:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=65298
Joss Whedon To Write And Direct THE AVENGERS 2; Will Also Develop New Marvel TV Series

We'll update as soon as more details become available,but it has just been CONFIRMED by Walt Disney Studios that Joss Whedon will return to write and direct a sequel to The Avengers. He will also develop a new TV series based in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Josh Wilding - 8/7/2012

The news has just broken on a Walt Disney Investors Conference Call that Joss Whedon will return to write and direct the sequel to Marvel's The Avengers; the $1.5 billion dollar blockbuster of 2012. Bob Iger (the chairman and chief executive of The Walt Disney Company) also revealed that Whedon is involved with the development of an ABC liveactionn television series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Stay tuned for further details.

" Disney just announced Joss Whedon will write and direct THE AVENGERS 2 and develop a Marvel TV show for ABC.

— Marc Graser (@marcgraser) August 7, 2012 "

As I'm sure you'll agree, this is incredibly exciting news. It was Joss Whedon's screenplay and skills behind the camera which made Marvel's The Avengers such an amazing comic bookmoviee, and it's hard to imagine anyone being anything other than over the moon with the news that he will return to write and direct the planned sequel. There is currently no word on a release date (rumoured to be 2015) or what the TV series will involve.

Now this is indeed good news to hear.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Amen to that brother! Excited
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 pm

They're making the right decision. Pay the guy whatever he wants, just get him back.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

So glad marvel and disney where wise to keep him and get him invovled for sequel and that possible tv show thing. Which I think a shield show or maybe retry that jessica jones/luke cage show.

More details on whedon deal:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=65311
Marvel Details Joss Whedon's Deal In Helming THE AVENGERS 2 And Phase Two Involvement

Confirming his involvement with Marvel's Phase Two slate overall,Marvel Studios has issued a statement in regards to Joss Whedon's return to helm The Avengers sequel and more! DCMarvelFreshman - 8/7/2012

Following Disney's big announcement that Joss Whedon will once again write and direct the followup to the third-highest-grossing film of all-time, Marvel's The Avengers, the studio has issued a statement via HitFix. Detailing an "exclusive" deal, confirming involvement with Phase Two installments, the statement reads:

“Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new liveactionn series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe.”

Considering the statement notes that Whedon will only “help develop” the unnamed television series, we can assume he won't exactly helm the project. And also, while he's contributing “creatively” to phase two, this could mean he'll be “doctoring” the scripts for Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and especially Guardians of the Galaxy; similar to doing so in the late first phase. What do you think?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Marvel bringing back a director? Are you serious???

The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 Heartattack
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Avengers 2 potential release date:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=65440
THE AVENGERS 2 Expected Release Date Revealed?

Coinciding with Joss Whedon signing on to helm the anticipated sequel Marvel's The Avengers,Marvel's official statement,as well "insiders",may have revealed the expected release date. DCMarvelFreshman - 8/9/2012

Not too long after news broke that Joss Whedon will be helming and scripting the highly-anticipated reassembly of Marvel's The Avengers superhero bonanza, Marvel Studios issued a statement detailing his contract. In doing so, they may've disclosed the sequel's expected release date; one that an "Insider" at MTV News backs up:

“Marvel has a very set agenda of what they want to do, they are already kind of ahead of the game [on the sequel] because they've got the guy that did it before doing it again and something tells me Joss already has the template [for the film],” an inside source told MTV News. “In terms of the time frame, I think that it is well in the works. ... It looks like the release date might be May 1, 2015, but that can change depending on people's schedules.”

Looking back at the studios' past and upcoming slate, as MTV notes, the 1st of May in 2015 seems a bit obvious, especially considering Whedon's contract and “creative contribution” ends in June of 2015. What do you think?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:01 am

Kevin feige comments on avengers bluray/dvd:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=65670
Kevin Feige Dishes On THE AVENGERS Blu-ray/DVD, Deleted Scenes And More

Vaguely commenting on Joss Whedon returning to helm the sequel,Marvel's The Avengers producer Kevin Feige has offered details for the Blu-ray and DVD,and the featured deleted scenes. DCMarvelFreshman - 8/13/2012

Kicking promotional efforts into full gear for the anticipated blu-ray/DVD released for Marvel's The Avengers superhero spectacle, Marvel Studios president of production, Kevin Feige, has offered details via Moviehole. Vaguely expressing excitement that Joss Whedon is back on board to write and direct the sequel, Feige offers:

“You have to make sure that it doesn’t seem utterly ridiculous that a guy from outer space, a billionaire with a suit of armor and a guy who turns green when he gets upset could all fit into a movie together for people who have never read the books – and that’s where Joss Whedon came in. He was able to weave together their stories in a really great way.”

“Blu-rays are an incredibly important part of the movie process. We finished the big-screen release of The Avengers on the Tuesday and we started working on the Blu-ray on Wednesday. It was very immediate. There are a number of deleted scenes and a few storylines that fell by the wayside during the editing process for the big-screen release. However, we are very proud of these scenes and [“Marvel’s The Avengers” director] Joss Whedon is very proud of them, too. That’s why we’re excited that fans will be able to see them on Blu-ray”, he says, noting that we’ll see a “a few more scenes with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill, played by Cobie Smulders” and “some slightly different versions of Maria Hill and Nick Fury’s interaction with the World Security Council, which are great to watch –but there are a number of other fun scenes, too.”

“Every movie we’ve made, in particular The Avengers, all started with a group of people –including executive producers Louis D’Esposito, Jeremy Latcham, Victoria Alonso and myself – saying, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do this? And, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do that?” We’d sit around and say, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do an Iron Man movie? Wouldn’t it be cool if we could make a Thor movie? Wouldn’t it be cool if we could make a Captain America movie? Wouldn’t it be cool if they all led towards The Avengers?” Every decision we make starts with a question, and talking about this collector’s set is something we’ve been talking about and planning for years – just like with the movie itself.

“We have had a lot of fun coming up with ideas for the collector’s set. We’ve been talking about things like, “Oh, we’ve got to create a Marvel Master Timeline that showcases all of the events in all of the movies for the collector’s edition.” Well, that’s definitely in there. Also, I always love collector’s sets that look like a cool prop from a movie, which is why we decided to make the collector’s edition look like the silver case from our movies. It’s the silver case that Nick Fury shows Dr. Selvig at the very end of the Thor movie, after the end credits. It’s the same silver case that Nick Fury puts the Tesseract inside; that Loki ends up stealing at the beginning of The Avengers. It’s going to be great! We’re really excited about the collector’s edition. In fact, we can’t wait for everybody to see it.”

For the complete interview with Kevin Feige, where he further discusses the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled collectors set, as well the Item 47 one-shot, make the jump over to Moviehole.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Avengers 2 release date officially confirmed:
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-avengers-2-release-date-officially-set/#more-134263
‘The Avengers 2′ Release Date Officially Set; Will Likely Have Subtitle Posted on Thursday, August 16th, 2012 by Germain Lussier

Briefly: As everyone surmised, The Avengers 2 will now officially open May 1, 2015. Written and directed by Joss Whedon, the film will likely return the current members of the team (Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner) and incorporate characters and storylines from Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe even Ant-Man. Mark it on your calendars, it’s gonna be massive. Read the official statement, with a title tease, after the jump.

Here’s the official statement. Notice the title:

The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios’ sequel to the biggest Super Hero blockbuster and third highest grossing film of all time, Marvel’s The Avengers. Joss Whedon returns to write and direct the UNTITLED MARVEL’S AVENGERS SEQUEL set for release May 1, 2015.

Sounds like The Avengers 2 will go along with Thor and Captain America and have a subtitle, as opposed to the Iron Man route. What could it be?

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

What clark gregg's agent coulson would look like as the vision:
http://www.therpf.com/f62/agent-coulson-has-vision-157460/
The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 DSC_0048-1
The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 DSC_0050
The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 DSC_0053-1
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Not so fast....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/17/vin-diesel-dropping-vision-hints-will-we-see-him-join-the-marvel-movieverse/

Vin Diesel Dropping Vision Hints – Will We See Him Join The Marvel Movieverse?
Written on August 17, 2012 by Brendon Connelly in Film

I have, in the past, been cynical about the veracity of some things posted to Facebook by Vin Diesel. For months, if not years, he teased us, then downright told us about, plans for a third Riddick film. I never expected it to happen, but it did – the film has wrapped and it won’t be long now before we see some footage.

I’m not sure, then, quite how to take his latest updates.

Diesel has added an image of Marvel comics character The Vision as his new Facebook profile picture. This image, in fact.

The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 The-vi10

I don’t know who spotted it first but a few blogs have now commented on the pic. The first link out of the hat is… Unleash the Fanboy.

The Vision, as my comics-challenged mind understands it, is some kind of artificial human, created by an evil robot. He has a mind attained from scanning somebody’s brain, and he has the power to control just how solid his matter is. Not in the sense that he melts, but more that he can turn wispy and intangible. I think he could go a bit ghost like, stand inside you and then turn solid again, messing you up bad.

Diesel’s update might be nothing more than a bit of fanboy baiting, or it might somehow be him hinting that he’s in the frame for the part.

Or, and this is what I consider the most likely, it could be an effort to generate for himself, and to perhaps get himself at least considered for the role, should it ever even open up.

Since the picture, Disel has updated with a comment that might suggest he was playing some kind of prank, though it’s really almost as vague as him posting the image in the first place:

Note to self… Haha… P.s. Thanks for the positive energy…

Prank Haha or self congratulatory Haha? Elated Haha or cynical Haha? Perhaps I’d have a better grasp on how to read this if I wasn’t imagining those words in the voice of The Iron Giant.

One might guess that the as-yet untitled Avengers sequel would be the best fit for the character, though he could be set to turn up anywhere, especially in those infamous end-credits button scenes.

If Marvel really are looking to fill the role of The Vision right now, it would likely be in Iron Man 3 that they’d want to introduce him, what with the man-machine themes of that film’s Extremis-derived storyline.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Vin Diesel posted a picture to Facebook. He’s been pretty honest with this stuff in the past, and seems to be quite a sensible chap, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a chain-yanking side to him somewhere.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:32 am

I like vin for his stuff like in the fast films. But I really don't want to see him as vision. I do hope he won't be selected if vision was to be in the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:14 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I like vin for his stuff like in the fast films. But I really don't want to see him as vision. I do hope he won't be selected if vision was to be in the film.
What's wrong with Vin Diesel exactly?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 pm

I don't have any personal things wrong with him. Just I think he be more suited for a chaaracter like lobo for example then vision. But if he ultimately was picked I hope he do well.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I don't have any personal things wrong with him. Just I think he be more suited for a chaaracter like lobo for example then vision. But if he ultimately was picked I hope he do well.
I see.

I'm still waiting on an answer for the below from the JLA thread, btw.

thecolorsblend wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65896
How is it that text you've supposedly copied and pasted has spelling errors absent from the supposed source web page?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I don't have any personal things wrong with him. Just I think he be more suited for a chaaracter like lobo for example then vision. But if he ultimately was picked I hope he do well.

The 'Iron Giant' disagrees with you:

The Avengers News Thread - Page 16 Iron-Giant-Superman-Shield-Necklace-Pendant-Tie-Clip[/quote]
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next