Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 40 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  James Stocks Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:32 am

I'd say the difference between me and a typical "apologist" is that I haven't resorted to insulting and such, which is what I recall on the homepage when SR was fresh out of theaters. They would get very vicious. That's why Saving Superman was formed, to counter that shit. I just stick to my on opinion and not try to impose it on others. I like what I like, and I dislike what I dislike. Also helps to have a sense of humor, which they lack.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 am

Just thought you guys be interested to hear about Henry Cavill's thoughts on not following the same path as Brandon Routh did when he was cast as Superman, along with the possibility to play a future James Bond.

This is from an interview illustrated in an issue of Empire Magazine...

Quoted by Henry Cavill in a interview:
"I certainly haven't got my mind set on failure, that is a bad approach - you want to strive for success. What a wonderful challenge to follow up Daniel Craig. He has set the bar so high.

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm

James Stocks wrote:I'd say the difference between me and a typical "apologist" is that I haven't resorted to insulting and such, which is what I recall on the homepage when SR was fresh out of theaters. They would get very vicious. That's why Saving Superman was formed, to counter that shit. I just stick to my on opinion and not try to impose it on others. I like what I like, and I dislike what I dislike. Also helps to have a sense of humor, which they lack.

Actually, we did our most good long before "Save Superman" came into existence. The SingersSupermanSucks Blog was where the REAL "action" took place, and what showed the Bros. Warner that people did NOT like what BS did to a character we all loved. We pulled no punches, and we made our voices heard. Steve Manning just jumped on the "bandwagon" and tried to turn it into HIS cause. Took credit for others, and disappeared back into obscurity when people called him out on it.

We're still here though.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Fortress of Solitude?:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=78311

We Need Some Movie News - Page 40 Fo-sol10

"This object wedged into eons of arctic ice looks like an extra-terrestrial mothership, and that’s exactly what it is. Superman fans also know it by another name: The Fortress of Solitude."

"Man of Steel changes up the formula a little. Instead of building his own Fortress, Clark Kent steps into the existing home market — and emerges, as we see below, as Superman. The residents of Krypton are an advanced race, keep in mind. Their knowledge and exploration of the cosmos far surpasses our own, and when Jor-El launches his son to Earth, our planet isn’t unknown to them."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 am

Hmm. So Kryptonians visited Earth before Kal-El? That works for me for a lot of reasons. If that's the route they take, I'd be fine with it. No, it's not the FOS I'd like to see which Superman himself builds as a sort of home away from home but it seems like we won't be escaping from the concept of the FOS having roots to Krypton any time soon so... eh.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:12 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
James Stocks wrote:I'd say the difference between me and a typical "apologist" is that I haven't resorted to insulting and such, which is what I recall on the homepage when SR was fresh out of theaters. They would get very vicious. That's why Saving Superman was formed, to counter that shit. I just stick to my on opinion and not try to impose it on others. I like what I like, and I dislike what I dislike. Also helps to have a sense of humor, which they lack.

Actually, we did our most good long before "Save Superman" came into existence. The SingersSupermanSucks Blog was where the REAL "action" took place, and what showed the Bros. Warner that people did NOT like what BS did to a character we all loved. We pulled no punches, and we made our voices heard. Steve Manning just jumped on the "bandwagon" and tried to turn it into HIS cause. Took credit for others, and disappeared back into obscurity when people called him out on it.

We're still here though.

And speaking of which! Where is Steve, the one & only Archangel?! Remember how he & his 'wife' Emi had all the inside dope on JLA & all things Superman? This 'Emi' was supposedly good at predicting things on that now-defunct Counting Down site. So she supposedly formed her own blog which ending up becoming 'Save Superman'. Funny though how he just took over for her huh? It's enough to make you think they were 'Internet fake' but I'm also inclined to believe that there really is a couple fitting that description that may have had some knowledge but then again, where are they now? Where's Waldo?! Now that we're at the dawn of a new Superman reboot they're nowhere in sight!

It was really amusing though how he made these 'predictions' back in 2010. Even after he abandoned Save Superman he was still giving his 'scoops' over at Counting Down! Since we no longer have links to that crap just let me give you a few 'nuggets' from memory:

1) The new film would be a one-off film. One & done! Kaput. The End! Due to WB/DC losing the rights to the parasite heirs they would basically rid themselves of Superman. Or something like that.

2) Superman would be played by either Tom Welling or Jon Hamm. If by Welling I think it was to save costs. If Hamm, even though he would've been an older Superman, still, Superman was finished, right?

3) I'm sure there was more but I'm too tired to think. If anyone else remembers feel free to chime in.

Back to reality. THE MAN OF STEEL opens in theaters June 14, 2013. Superman is played by Henry Cavill. Wait a minute! Didn't 'Steve' also say that Cavill would never be Superman if I remember correctly or am I imagining things?

I rest my case. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 am

non_amos wrote:And speaking of which! Where is Steve, the one & only Archangel?! Remember how he & his 'wife' Emi had all the inside dope on JLA & all things Superman? This 'Emi' was supposedly good at predicting things on that now-defunct Counting Down site. So she supposedly formed her own blog which ending up becoming 'Save Superman'. Funny though how he just took over for her huh? It's enough to make you think they were 'Internet fake' but I'm also inclined to believe that there really is a couple fitting that description that may have had some knowledge but then again, where are they now? Where's Waldo?! Now that we're at the dawn of a new Superman reboot they're nowhere in sight!

It was really amusing though how he made these 'predictions' back in 2010. Even after he abandoned Save Superman he was still giving his 'scoops' over at Counting Down! Since we no longer have links to that crap just let me give you a few 'nuggets' from memory:

1) The new film would be a one-off film. One & done! Kaput. The End! Due to WB/DC losing the rights to the parasite heirs they would basically rid themselves of Superman. Or something like that.

2) Superman would be played by either Tom Welling or Jon Hamm. If by Welling I think it was to save costs. If Hamm, even though he would've been an older Superman, still, Superman was finished, right?

3) I'm sure there was more but I'm too tired to think. If anyone else remembers feel free to chime in.

Back to reality. THE MAN OF STEEL opens in theaters June 14, 2013. Superman is played by Henry Cavill. Wait a minute! Didn't 'Steve' also say that Cavill would never be Superman if I remember correctly or am I imagining things?

I rest my case. Suspect
My suspicion was that Emi actually had some cred when it came to scoops. She supposedly outlined a bunch of shit on Counting Down, the A-Z of which came to complete fruition in Singerman. I never bothered to verify the stuff for myself but someone who doesn't participate in this board anymore did and verified what she posted by the date stamps. Archdouchebag, on the other hand, had a much spottier track record (to say the least). The problem is that they both have the ultimate copout in that everything was up in the air at the time. The Justice League of America movie is happening, actually it isn't, no wait it's back on again, George Miller is directing it, no he isn't, yes he is, Tom Welling might be Superman, there's no chance in hell he'll be Superman, Tom Welling is playing Superman, he's definitely not playing Superman, good luck finding anybody in the cast who looks old enough to buy alcohol, the movie is happening, oops it got cancelled. It doesn't help that at least one of the Apologists went on the record that he intentionally muddied the water by sending BS reports to that IESB page, which of course had absolutely no filter and posted any random bullshit that came their way. Go ahead, you can probably find his confessions about it on eyesskyward.com, the ass-hat. I think his handle is "Slimple". It's one of those ass-grabbers, you're on the right track.

Steve pulled his infamous disappearing act and then resurfaced on, of all places, Counting Down, presumably because they had high turnover and so he could be assured of a plentiful audience of suckers. Off hand though, I can't remember him making so much as one prediction that ever came true... but, as I said, everything changed day by day for a while there so who the hell knows anymore? I use past tense up there because apparently Counting Down was shut down (not "closed by the owner"; shut the fuck down) so apparently the douchebag quit forums entirely or else uses a different name.

I look back on that whole mess now and realize that the 2007/2008 era is pretty much when the Apologist/Realist drama was at its zenith. "Openly fucking hostile" is what at least one outsider/casual fan called it, and he's right. Too lazy to dig but I remember it reaching the point on more than one occasion that the Eunuch would post every scrap of Singerman 2 news that came his way just to mollify the Apologists, no matter how incidental or uncertain it seemed. Kevin Spacey said words to the effect of "I have a strong feeling [Singerman 2] will go into production no later than the end of 2008" or some such. Similar stuff from Frank Langella, BJ the Bartender and others too. Meanwhile though, Kate Fivehead, Parker Posey and other minor cast members signed up to do other movies and TV shows and shit, which, combined with the JLA movie stuff, told me everything I needed to know about Singerman 2's prospects.

Archnumbnuts eventually got shamed into obscurity, Bryan Singer got fired from Singerman 2 and lost his chance to do Logan's Run AND the Harvey Milk biopic, Blandon is surely just a step away from government assistance and that IESB guy was on the run from the law last I heard; through it all though, it seems like the Eunuch, arguably the BIGGEST offender when it comes to causing all this drama, is the only one who hasn't gotten his comeuppance for his role in causing all this trouble. The closest he's come to getting his due is being utterly passed over for the MOS/Snyder set visit which that other movie page picked up. I must admit that it gives me considerable schadenfreude to know that the Eunuch cannot legally post anything his own staffer was shown... but that seems like cold comfort considering the mess(es) he directly caused.

Sorry to blabber your eyes out but obviously this is all still a touchy subject for me...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 am

non_amos wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:

We're still here though.

And speaking of which! Where is Steve, the one & only Archangel?! Remember how he & his 'wife' Emi had all the inside dope on JLA & all things Superman? This 'Emi' was supposedly good at predicting things on that now-defunct Counting Down site. So she supposedly formed her own blog which ending up becoming 'Save Superman'. Funny though how he just took over for her huh? It's enough to make you think they were 'Internet fake' but I'm also inclined to believe that there really is a couple fitting that description that may have had some knowledge but then again, where are they now? Where's Waldo?! Now that we're at the dawn of a new Superman reboot they're nowhere in sight!

I rest my case. Suspect

Last I heard, he and Emi broke up and after CountingDown got nuked there hasn't been any trace of either of them since. Heck, they pretty much left before the site got nuked IIRC.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102251319758976

Another TV spot. When you get to the "ideal to strive towards" line, it looks like Superman (modern day) can somehow see Jor-El on Krypton.

Somebody read Birthright before making this movie...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 02, 2013 1:43 am

I see that the skeleton is back on the front page. What's up with that? I thought news was pouring in now. It certainly is on my Facebook page. Oy.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 02, 2013 1:49 am

No shit. I bought this just today in fact:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBsqL57sKFSzfibIyDjUiNIgp4ufGCle-fukWo89JIVfu9F6EMFw
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am

I know it seems rather late but a new poster has just surface and this one seems to be much better than the last one but not too spectacular though. Aleast this one has a more uplifting perspective which is what a MOS poster should require.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 40 ManofSteelFinalPoster
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 03, 2013 2:07 pm

http://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumor-that-would-change-superman-for-t-487577190

tl;dr version- The unsubstantiated gossip right now is that Krypton will not explode in MOS.

Now, I happen to think that's completely illogical given the tone of the trailers up to this point. I find this all very hard to believe. I've been wrong before though.

If true, is this is a deal-breaker for me? Normally I'd say yes but perhaps Snyder and Goyer may have something up their sleeves for this. The last thing I need is some fucking Apologist lecturing me about the core mythos. Their preferred version pissed all over those mythos. Say whatever you want about a surviving Krypton but that isn't intentionally stabbing everything Superman ever stood for in the back and then breaking the knife off at the handle.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102251319758976

Another TV spot. When you get to the "ideal to strive towards" line, it looks like Superman (modern day) can somehow see Jor-El on Krypton.

Somebody read Birthright before making this movie...

I have a feeling what happens is, Superman is somehow knocked for a loop by General Zod, and he has a "conversation" with Jor-El, kind of like in 'Spider-Man' with Uncle Ben. Him slowly fading back like that makes me think he's coming back around as Jor-El fades away.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 03, 2013 3:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:http://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumor-that-would-change-superman-for-t-487577190

tl;dr version- The unsubstantiated gossip right now is that Krypton will not explode in MOS.

Now, I happen to think that's completely illogical given the tone of the trailers up to this point. I find this all very hard to believe. I've been wrong before though.

If true, is this is a deal-breaker for me? Normally I'd say yes but perhaps Snyder and Goyer may have something up their sleeves for this. The last thing I need is some fucking Apologist lecturing me about the core mythos. Their preferred version pissed all over those mythos. Say whatever you want about a surviving Krypton but that isn't intentionally stabbing everything Superman ever stood for in the back and then breaking the knife off at the handle.

Michael Shannon has stated in the past that part of why Zod does what he does is he lost his home planet.

As for their "theory" based on what EW said, I think it's more likely that:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:http://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumor-that-would-change-superman-for-t-487577190

This should be all the reassurance you need:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 40 32156610
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 am

Another nasty rumor bites the dust. Fine by me. It was probably some dickwad Apologist who started it anyway.

Guilty until proven innocent... but it's funny how this movie keeps being proved innocent everytime I turn around...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Here's a National Guard commercial Zack Snyder directed, with some snippets of new footage:

And here's a behind the scenes video of it being made:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

That's fucking perfect. Lots of soldiers do sport an S shield tattooed on their arms, because like Superman they're putting themselves on the line, to help out the little guy.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 pm

What a unique way to promote the film and the national guard! First using the NG as film extras then using the film to promote a commercial for the NG. Talk about a win-win!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 10, 2013 3:03 am

It's the kind of thing that Singer never really got with the "truth, justice, all that stuff". I get that he felt sensitive about it because it was the Bush era and the country was going through a very unpopular war and that it may sound unappealing to international countries, but the phrase "truth, justice, and the American way" is supposed to represent THE IDEAL, what the people should strive for and with Superman trying to hammer it home. Even after Nixon in the 70s, Mankieiwicz and Donner still had Superman say that line because they got it. Donner even admitted that as much as a liberal he is he still respects the whole idea of Superman and it shows.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 10, 2013 5:19 pm

New TV spot, with Zod Heat Vision goodness!:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:New TV spot, with Zod Heat Vision goodness!:

Awesome!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:New TV spot, with Zod Heat Vision goodness!:

I saw that before I went to work from my Facebook page. I just watched it again after work. A couple of questions: 1) In that same scene displayed of Superman when the video ain't playing he lifts his hand up forcefully. I hear some noise but have no idea what's going on? and 2) Ain't that Zod crashing into the plane while Superman screams?

Personally I can't wait! I hope you guys are aware of the Walmart promotion? Next Saturday morning, 5/18/2013, you can purchase tickets for an advance screening on 6/13/2013 at 7 PM. For 'select theaters' of course. The tickets go on sale at 8 AM that morning for both 2-D & 3-D showings. I don't know if IMAX is included. I hope so. Anyway I want to participate myself but due to the suckage of 'work' I'm not sure I'll be able to participate but I guess where's there's a will there's a way.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 11, 2013 1:44 am

My friends and I are getting in on it. Why not, right? We'll be there early in the morning before heading off to a con.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next