Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News Empty We Need Some Movie News

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Seriously.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:13 am

oh man i know i hope we get some solid news in casting or production news by the end of the month or end of jan.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 am

Isn't the thing supposed to shoot this summer? Methinks we'll have casting news probably starting in Feb or March then.

While we wait, look at the bright side- waiting for news about the reboot will be more productive than the Apologists' wait for sequel news, eh? Eh, AP? Eh?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Isn't the thing supposed to shoot this summer? Methinks we'll have casting news probably starting in Feb or March then.

While we wait, look at the bright side- waiting for news about the reboot will be more productive than the Apologists' wait for sequel news, eh? Eh, AP? Eh?

Want to know what's funny? When I read that bogus "sequel storyline", and when people point out the STUPID parts, they go: "but what if they do this...". DO? It AIN'T happening, dingleberrry! How freakin' STUPID are these idiots?

Good for a laugh and a shake of my head....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 am

yea if they are really shooting for june shoot date. We need to get studio and location shooting locations locked in within the next 1-2 months i think. As for casting i def want clark actor locked in by feb the latest. So then it gives proper time to bulk up, costume fitting and training for stunts and all that. As for other casting i dont really care it would probably be coming in from like feb to right into begining of filming probably. Then we probably will hear about other production members coming on board around then too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 am

If it does start shooting in the summer, expect a casting announcement in January.

Or, you can believe ArchNumbNuts, and think there will be one at the end of Novembe..... Oops.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:38 am

webhead2006 wrote:yea if they are really shooting for june shoot date. We need to get studio and location shooting locations locked in within the next 1-2 months i think. As for casting i def want clark actor locked in by feb the latest. So then it gives proper time to bulk up, costume fitting and training for stunts and all that. As for other casting i dont really care it would probably be coming in from like feb to right into begining of filming probably. Then we probably will hear about other production members coming on board around then too.
At the risk of speaking out of turn, I think it's quite likely that they've got their choices narrowed down right now. I mean, c'mon, Superman ain't an easy role to cast and time is of the essence here so you'd think Snyder would walk in to this thing with at least four or five guys in mind.

Crap, in some ways I kind of feel sorry for Snyder. Assuming I'm right about principal photography this summer, he's got to do casting, pre-production, location scouting, book stage time and who the hell knows what else all in the next five months. This thing comes out December 2012, right? That's a perfectly realistic deadline to deliver the final product but, man, talk about having to hit the ground running to get all the front end stuff done.

Seems the main issue is the deadline imposed by the lawsuit. As I understand it, the terms are to have a Superman movie in production by such-and-such a date. If so... the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if all WB plans to do is get a movie into production, satisfy the deadline and then kill the movie after the deadline passes. Yeah, that pisses a lot of money away... but if the alternative is burning $60 mill in a "cancelled" production or paying out $150 mill for not meeting the deadline... gee, tough choice!

On the other hand, the Realist in me though has to wonder that you don't hire people like Zack Snyder, Chris Nolan and David Goyer for an ashcan movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Totally colors as for casting I was just saying I hope at least lois/clark/lead villain are set no later then feb. Cause supporting cast could be signed right before filmignstarts and I don't think it will hurt anything. But yea dam lawsuit deadline the have to get shooting by summer early fall and that does limit preproduction time.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News Empty RE: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Speaking of ArchNumbNuts, where is our old friend 'Steve' anyway?! The last time I checked Countingdown I didn't see any new posts from him (will update if I do). Just WHERE is he at?! Oh, I bet he's off 'scouting' what's currently going on in Nolanverse/Snyderverse & when some NEW news is posted, he'll go, "See, I TOLD YOU!" Suspect

I'm wondering. Could Joe Manganiello REALLY be the one that they're picking to play Supes? I believe there was a recent article over at duh Homopage about this & he was thanking fans for their support but didn't exactly 'spill the beans' either. 'Steve', what SAY you?! Seriously though, physically he LOOKS the part but 'JOE MANGANIELLO' doesn't exactly 'grab' you as a NAME for the actor playing the character, know what I mean? But the main thing is that they get a REAL man to play Supes. Take THAT, Blandon! Very Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 pm

I def would mind joe. Decent actor is in great shape and good height. He would be a imposing superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 pm

non_amos wrote:Speaking of ArchNumbNuts, where is our old friend 'Steve' anyway?! The last time I checked Countingdown I didn't see any new posts from him (will update if I do). Just WHERE is he at?! Oh, I bet he's off 'scouting' what's currently going on in Nolanverse/Snyderverse & when some NEW news is posted, he'll go, "See, I TOLD YOU!" Suspect
*gasp* Do you dare imply that he makes all that bullshit up as he goes along?

Right about now probably is a good time for him to keep a low profile though. Casting news must surely be just 'round the corner and he needs to have his "I [never] told you so" posts lined up.

I'm wondering. Could Joe Manganiello REALLY be the one that they're picking to play Supes? I believe there was a recent article over at duh Homopage about this & he was thanking fans for their support but didn't exactly 'spill the beans' either. 'Steve', what SAY you?! Seriously though, physically he LOOKS the part but 'JOE MANGANIELLO' doesn't exactly 'grab' you as a NAME for the actor playing the character, know what I mean? But the main thing is that they get a REAL man to play Supes. Take THAT, Blandon! Very Happy
We should be so lucky. Part of me would be satisfied just with a new Superman movie without Blandon BJ in it. I realize we need to aim higher than that, of course.

I think part of the problem with the news drought is that we Realists have been waiting for a reboot since AT LEAST 2007; some of us since the day Singerman opened, some even before that. Smile So yeah, it seems like it's been a long time... but we know about as much about Snyder's reboot as we did about Singerman or Batman Begins at about this same juncture.

Anyway. Just tossing that out there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:We should be so lucky. Part of me would be satisfied just with a new Superman movie without Blandon BJ in it.

Yeah. That very fact is a step in the right direction!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Yea this is the sucky part in being a fan, when there is barely any news at all to go with. So its hard to know what is what.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:29 pm

non_amos wrote:Speaking of ArchNumbNuts, where is our old friend 'Steve' anyway?! The last time I checked Countingdown I didn't see any new posts from him (will update if I do). Just WHERE is he at?! Oh, I bet he's off 'scouting' what's currently going on in Nolanverse/Snyderverse & when some NEW news is posted, he'll go, "See, I TOLD YOU!" Suspect

He's out looking for the NEXT ex-Mrs. ArchNumbNuts.

It's possible. I have a feeling it will come down to either him, or Armie Hammer.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:Could Joe Manganiello REALLY be the one that they're picking to play Supes?
It's possible. I have a feeling it will come down to either him, or Armie Hammer.
I can't think of too many times I've heard about competing actors for a comic book character when I could sincerely go with either of 'em. Hammer or Manga, I'd be happy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I can't think of too many times I've heard about competing actors for a comic book character when I could sincerely go with either of 'em. Hammer or Manga, I'd be happy.

The only name I keep hearing people bring up that I DON'T want to play Superman is Henry Cavill. The guy just doesn't do it for me, and I know he doesn't have a shot.

BUT, he would be 100X superior to BJ Routh in acting ability alone, so I would still go and see it if he was cast. I just wouldn't be "excited".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey, check this out:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3905539/board?viewpost=4116706

Sure, it's about a different film but 'STEVE' is mentioned! As a matter of fact duh apologists at Countingdown are WHINING for him! "Steve, where art thou? we NEED you!"

Read it & weep. Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey, check this out:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3905539/board?viewpost=4116706

Sure, it's about a different film but 'STEVE' is mentioned! As a matter of fact duh apologists at Countingdown are WHINING for him! "Steve, where art thou? we NEED you!"

Read it & weep. Laughing

We Need Some Movie News Princessleia

"Help us, Obi ArchNumbNuts. You're our only hope!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm

You may also find it interesting that our old friend 'The StarTreker' posts there now. If you'll recall he USED to post over at the old website but frequently sounded like an apologist. I guess he found a NEW home huh? Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 am

non_amos wrote:You may also find it interesting that our old friend 'The StarTreker' posts there now. If you'll recall he USED to post over at the old website but frequently sounded like an apologist. I guess he found a NEW home huh? Question
Yeah, stuff like I hate [Singerman's official title] but [BJ the Bartender] wasn't too bad and The Bastard Kid really expands the mythos." Yeah, I remember that bullshit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:01 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Yeah, stuff like I hate [Singerman's official title] but [BJ the Bartender] wasn't too bad and The Bastard Kid really expands the mythos." Yeah, I remember that bullshit.

Actually, my favorite line of that retarded monkey's was: "im a better swooperman fan than all of you because i don't argue about things i dont like". That piece of shit actually said that!

I remember tearing him apart back on SaveSuperman, and he used to WHINE to ArchNumbNuts on a DAILY BASIS about it. How do I know? NumbNuts TOLD ME.

Good times.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Thought this is right place for this, did any one see the rumor today at tmz and later at some entertainment sites like e online. About lindsey lohan trying to get a role on film. With all her rehab/legal problems lately. I just don't see her being a sound choice to add to the cast. Even though I have liked some of her work in the past.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Look at Younis being all "holier than thou" about Lohan being attached to a Superman project.

Excuse me, wasn't he the same guy fighting to keep Bryan Singer on board??? Because Singer is a saint.....

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:44 pm

I really hope nobody believes Lohan has a shot in hell with this movie. Seriously people...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

I to doubt she get role, would be surprised if she did. but just thought this story would be a good laugh to talk about.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next