Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 15 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Father Finian Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Am I the only one wondering where the hell his arm is going there?

No, but I can't get past how he tucks his jeans into his shoes!

I think he's just trying to remain upright.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 15 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 am

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10026#comments

The story here revolves around that newly surfaced Action Comics/jeans-and-shirt pic that just surfaced with the cops shooting at this early days-era Superman.

Apologist derp wrote:#42 | Whogaman on July 18, 2011 11:15am EST
How can some of you dismiss the relaunch without even reading an issue? We don't know the context of what we are seeing, whether in Action Comics or Superman's main title.

The only facts we know for certain is that Superman in his main title and in Justice League (and the other heroes for the most part) is supposed to be younger than the 29 or 32 years old that he has mostly been portrayed as being. He is supposed to be the "first" super hero and people don't know what to make of him or even trust him.

Nit picking without knowing the context of the covers and pictures we have seen so far is useless. Those of you who say you will quit buying comic because you think 'the short cape is as dumb as Captain Marvel's' are not giving this a fair shake.

We don't know what Action Comics #1 will show. To me it looks like Superman is trying to find himself as he did in the 1938 Action Comics.

My point is that we should not dis the changes until we see where this goes. So please reserve your judgement until these comics are released. And then, like the Man of Steel movie, give us your opinions. As it stands now, any opinion has no merit.

(Now jump on Whoga! Wink

Peace Whoga
That all seems fair and reasonable, right? Give the material a chance before you condemn it, right?

But I should remind each of you that this is the same puke who bashed on SV on innumerable occasions based solely on promo pics or vague plot descriptions. We know more about the relaunch than we do certain SV episodes this fucktard preemptively ripped to shreds. He can go eat a dick for all I care.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

That all seems fair and reasonable, right? Give the material a chance before you condemn it, right?

But I should remind each of you that this is the same puke who bashed on SV on innumerable occasions based solely on promo pics or vague plot descriptions. We know more about the relaunch than we do certain SV episodes this fucktard preemptively ripped to shreds. He can go eat a dick for all I care.

Also keep in mind that this is the same douchebag who collectively called all of Smallville, 'METROVILLE', along with his other douchebaggery. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Father Finian wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Am I the only one wondering where the hell his arm is going there?

No, but I can't get past how he tucks his jeans into his shoes!

I think he's just trying to remain upright.

And remember, this is the guy who will ban you 4-EVAH! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Sure I am same way some times willing to give something a chance. But when we got details and looks that don't sound good its like urrrgh really they doing this.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 am

More desperate Apologist malarky and spouting assumptions as "facts":

crazy_asian_man

Re: The Zack Snyder Superman Movie
« Reply #3436 Today at 2:05am »

My irritation at the film is solely because after SR, the bar was set so high (imo) that anything less than that will be disappointing, so maybe I'm purposely pushing down my expectations as much as possible.

Also, knowing that Snyder's film comes at the cost of Singer's MOS--- can't help but feel--- "ok then.... if this is replacing SR 2--- then it better be DAMNED GREAT--- but I don't feel it will...."

It's replacing not only Singer's film, but the Donner version of it--- so- yeah, hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised. After all the heartache of waiting for another Superman film, I don't think I'll be satisfied with an 'eh, it was ok' Supes film, particularly if it's going to be involved with retelling the origin in a new way as well.

Similarly, just saw the new trailer for the Spiderman reboot..... and couldn't help but feel deva vu..... in a bad way. Singer was smart to move on from the origin story- not as smart maybe to make it a bit funky continuity wise with the 'quasi-sequel' angle that confused in bits here and there, but-... oh well.... hopefully both reboots will be fresh enough in other ways to make the retreading worth it.

I like laughing at morons, and that retard gives me plenty of opportunity.....

Hey, it's MostPowerfulVaginaStench! I wonder if she will say totally idiotic things, and mis-spell words you learn in the First Grade??:

stargazer

Re: The Zack Snyder Superman Movie
« Reply #3440 Today at 11:28am »

I disagree. Wasn't Singer singed to do a sequel? They didn't have to sing him, but they did because at the time they thought SR was good. But then after TDK and Singer stalling, they changed their minds..

I also knew (via my now deceased boss) that there were 'scripts,' treatments for another Superman movie written by no name writers. My boss even offered to give me a copy to read. It was during the time when they were planning to do both the JLA movie and the SR sequel. But then the writers strike came. That stalled things even more.

You really don't have all the info to be so sure of your theory, imo.

I love how this morbidly obese pig has been so used to being told "her" opinion is just as valid as everyone else's, that she tacks on "imo" at the end of every moronic thing she says. "u can nut say i iz wrong cuz it ma onion n a onion is neva wrong!!!".

Go choke on a bag of dicks, you Apologist turds.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 am

pish they never learn huh.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:More desperate Apologist malarky and spouting assumptions as "facts":
Apologists? Spouting BS and pretending it's real? Surely you jest!

stargazer wrote:Re: The Zack Snyder Superman Movie
« Reply #3440 Today at 11:28am »

I disagree. Wasn't Singer singed to do a sequel? They didn't have to sing him, but they did because at the time they thought SR was good. But then after TDK and Singer stalling, they changed their minds..
If I recall correctly, Singer was never signed to direct a sequel. He signed up to develop a basic plot for one, and that probably after the Singerman release but before the DVD (although that's an assumption, and unlike some Apologist douchenozzles, I have no problem labeling it as such). To my knowledge, he never signed a contract to direct Singerman 2- Metrosexual of Pleather. But even if he had, methinks WB wouldn't have offered him a pay-or-play contract like they did with, say, Burton. I've seen nothing except SPECULATION to support that.

So once again the Apologists are, at best, severely misinformed on key facts or, at worst, are outright wrong.

And Singer "stalled" on doing a sequel? Bah! If WB was desperate to develop Singerman 2, they would have with or without Singer. The sheer fact that JLA even existed and was originally slotted for the summer of 2009 (Singerman 2's alleged release window) is all the proof anybody should need that Singerman 2 was never seriously on the menu.

stargazer wrote:I also knew (via my now deceased boss) that there were 'scripts,' treatments for another Superman movie written by no name writers.
That was spread all over the freakin Internet, you tart. If Mark Millar is to be believed (and love him or hate him, he ain't "nobody"), his was but one of several pitches WB entertained at one point. But who needs facts when we have inane speculation??

stargazer wrote:You really don't have all the info to be so sure of your theory, imo.
Pot, meet kettle.

Apologist Puncher wrote:I love how this morbidly obese pig has been so used to being told "her" opinion is just as valid as everyone else's, that she tacks on "imo" at the end of every moronic thing she says. "u can nut say i iz wrong cuz it ma onion n a onion is neva wrong!!!".

Go choke on a bag of dicks, you Apologist turds.
We can thank Blue Tights and Eyes Skyward, with an assist from the Eunuch page, (BUT ONLY IF YOUR REMARKS ARE PRO-SINGERMAN; otherwise you're just a blind fanboy with no understanding of what makes Superman tick) for that stuff.

The entire Apologist movement (are they even a "movement" anymore?) was once a phenomenal source of entertainment and also providers of a target-rich environment for invective. Now, they stand only as a curious and totally pathetic relic of a speck of dust on the canvas of Superman's larger history (be it all media or merely live action adaptations).

Sad. So sad.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10070#comments

Details about the upcoming Smallville season 10/entire series release. As ever, the Apologists have been/are still crawling out of the woodwork for this one. Here are a few gems.

Apologist douchebag wrote:#2 | MOONRAKER007 on July 26, 2011 1:01am EST
What a dull cover for the Final Season! I expected a bright,colorful,and hopeful cover signaling the coming of Superman!! Oh well..I guess it just represents how bland most of the episodes were! Love the complete series artwork though! I can't wait to own the Blu-ray minus some of the exclusive extras from the complete series DVD boxset! Angry!
I won't say that every single episode of season 10 was a masterpiece but, by numbers, it's one of the strongest and most consistent of the entire series run. According to my ratings, the series averages out to 3.8 (out of 5).

To put that into perspective, season 7 (my favorite of the entire series) is rated at 3.3 average. Season 7 had two 2/5 episodes (previous seasons usually had more than that) but season 10 had *ZERO* 2/5's. In other words, based upon my ratings, I can sit down and watch *ANY* season 10 episode and enjoy it. I CAN'T EVEN SAY THAT ABOUT SEASON 7, WHICH IS MY FAVORITE.

And sorry, I trust my entirely subjective point of view a lot more than some whiny Apologist dickhead.

Apologist dillhole wrote:#3 | Lana2k5 on July 26, 2011 1:12am EST
A few impressions:

- To BigEvil_6686: It's the final season plus the complete series. I guess they need a little more time to polish it. (I could say the same thing about the series as well, but that's for another discussion.)
Ooh, BURN! This chick is an Apologist par excellence. Don't let the name fool you. Any nitwit who approves of Singerman automatically has no credibility.

The Eunuch wrote:#4 | Steve Younis on July 26, 2011 1:46am EST
Previous seasons have usually been brought out to coincide with the premiere of a new season. It makes more sense to release this set during the Christmas/Holiday shopping season.
That's unexpectedly fair of him. But then again, he's got nothing to gain by enforcing a pro-Singerman/anti-everything else party line anymore.

Incoherent fuckstick wrote:#5 | OYLUX-EL on July 26, 2011 3:02am EST
THIS SUPERMAN LOGO IS NOT THE SERIES (BLUR) LOGO.
And why Clark not use the glasses in the Dvd and Blueray cover.
More autocensorship over SUPERMAN figure, from DC?.
Sometimes, no commentary is necessary.

Apologist hoser wrote:#8 | shadanchi on July 26, 2011 6:31am EST
I like that he is in a suit but the glasses are missing.
Ibid.

Another Apologist felcher wrote:#9 | smallvilletna on July 26, 2011 8:12am EST
They rob me for all 9 seasons witch was my doing but I won't let it happen this time.
What a moron.

Another Apologist bottom-feeder wrote:#13 | funnylatinsuperman on July 26, 2011 9:43am EST
He isn't wearing the suit! Why isn't he wearing...the......
Oh yeah, that's right - THEY SCREWED US
! Angry
*sigh*

Smallville- No flights, no tights, not about the Superman period of his life, it's the journey of getting there, etc. Some assembly required.

It utterly blows my mind how someone can watch the show for ten years and not eventually grok the format they were working with.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Same link as above.

Golden Nugget wrote:#17 | Stormyhog on July 26, 2011 12:47pm EST
I'll be waiting until they release the boxset on blu-ray until then no buy for me.
I thought we'd get to something like this eventually. To my knowledge, the big boxed set is DVD-only; there is no Blu-Ray iteration. There's a good reason for that too. The first several seasons (1-4? 5?) utilized CG effects that simply wouldn't hold up to Blu-Ray definition. Unless they redo every single one of those effects for an HD release, a Blu-Ray release of the early seasons is likely impossible.

A similar thing happened with Buffy seasons 1 and 2. They were either shot on or else mastered on relatively low grade video. A proper DVD release would've required redoing every single digital effect and, put simply, there's just no budget for that with most DVD releases. So they releases the seasons on DVD based on (by modern standards) substandard masters. Yeah, those seasons look pretty much like shit but the alternative was no release at all. Actually, you could argue that the Buffy DVD's are problematic from the start as several DVD sets were released in widescreen (the show was intended for 4:3 format) and those have somehow ended up as streaming videos on Netflix. But I digress.

Anyway. Point is that things are rarely as simple as we'd like them. Such is technology.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:10 pm

The Eunuch posted another link to the Return To Krapton YouTube video. I guess he was desperate for hits or something, I dunno. Anyway. And as usual, several of the usual Apologist suspects weighed in on the matter. And I do mean "weigh". You ever seen an Apologist? Most of 'em border on being morbidly obese. And those are just the women, nevermind the "men".

Apologist dillhole wrote:#18 | mindhavens on July 27, 2011 4:33am EST
The House of El really reminded me of the opening to Tim Burton's Batman. It's epic.

I've always said a great film was made, we just didn't get to see it. One day I'd love to see someone get hold of all the cut footage a re-edit it as originally intended.

There's also a YouTube clip where someone has edited RTK back into the opening of the movie, it's an awesome and much better beginning.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10071#comments

One thing the Apologists have never understood is how Hollywood politics play out. In some ways, that's understandable as a lot of us work nowhere near that industry. Even so, from 2003 to about the time of Singerman's release, Bryan Singer was a bit of a golden boy. His movies had money and generated considerable critical acclaim. So when he got the job to direct Stalkerman, WB basically gave him a blank check, both artistically and financially.

The final product... well, it is what it is.

Even so, the Apologists have been crying foul play ever since word of RTK's existence first leaked. "Why was this cut out? It should've been in the MOVIE! Grr hrr hrr!" Some folks have even gone so far as to petition for a director's cut of Singerman to "correct" this "travesty". But what does Singer himself have to say?

Bryan Singer wrote:What Didn’t Make the Final Cut: “I shot a whole lot with the space sequence – the return to Krypton. There was a 2 hours and 45 minute cut of the film that I showed to friends and family. While watching it with a group of people, watching the movie unfold, I just felt it was really interesting on its own and deserved a life somewhere else. Maybe on DVD. I think it should be on 3D IMAX, frankly, because it’s designed to be 3D IMAX.

At some point I’m sure you’ll see it some time, and it’s got a little thing that’s going on. It’s very elegant. In the context of this movie where this movie needed to begin and what it needed to be about, I didn’t feel it. It’s just one of those things that you bravely do. No one told me to do it, to make these cuts. I had no time restrictions nor pressure whatsoever. I just felt the movie doesn’t need this, so I did something else instead. It could exist later in this form. I think it would be coolest in 3D because of the stuff that’s flying around.”

And...

Bryan Singer wrote:[Singerman] on DVD: What can we expect? Deleted scenes and other extras, yes, but there won’t be an extended cut according to Singer. "I don’t think I’ll do an extended cut, not at least in the DVD. I’ve never done that. Those are kind of weird, you know? The director’s cut. No, this is the director’s cut. You just saw it. They don’t tell me what to cut. I’m not a place in my career that anyone tells me that I have to cut anything or put anything in."

Source URL (for both)- http://movies.about.com/od/superman/a/superbs061906_2.htm

As ever, Apologists have no use for facts. All they care about is living in their little world of willful self-delusion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

What I find extremely tiring, and even more RETARDED, is the same ass-clowns trying their hardest to shift ALL the blame from Routh and onto the Bros. Warner and BS. And it doesn't stop with Singerman either!

Case in point, here's what Harry "My Fat Ass Is Bought & Sold More Than A .10$ Hooker" Knowles said about 'Dylan Does Dogs: Especially At Night':

AintItSomeoneElse'sNews

This is a fun minor film that I wish had had about 3-4 times the budget it had, so that DYLAN DOG could have had a big splash over here in the U.S. I enjoyed the film, but it was with acknowledging the limits that it had. I like Brandon Routh’s Dylan quite a bit. The look of the film was very fun and I enjoyed much of the film. I just know that we’re probably likely to never see another… better produced chapter of this fantastic Comic. To give Brandon and team another better shot at it.

How is it possible that every single flop BJ "starred" in somehow is a "shame" and not his fault AT ALL? All of the other reviews, STILL pointing out his complete lack of talent, must be an anomaly, huh? I guess ol' BJ is just the unluckiest actor in HollyWeird history.

Some talent-less 2X4's just never catch a break....

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 pm

It defies imagination, actually. The guy's entire career is one huge Mulligan. How many more talented actors are probably going to wait tables in LA for the rest of their lives while Blandon gets movie after movie? Unbefreakinglievable...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:It defies imagination, actually. The guy's entire career is one huge Mulligan. How many more talented actors are probably going to wait tables in LA for the rest of their lives while Blandon gets movie after movie? Unbefreakinglievable...

Actually, I'm pretty sure his gravy-train is reaching the end of it's line.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 am

Want to see some real stupidity? This link pertains to Henry Cavill but believe me, it was so stupid it even got EUNUCH to stand up for what's right:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10073#comments

#3 | supermanprimeearth2 on July 26, 2011 8:34pm EST
No offense to Chris Reeve cause he was a real life superman but Cavill is actually an actor. Reeve was outstanding as superman but to me he was not the superman from the comics. Their where things that Reeves and Routh did that I didnt not find superman would do. Also i heard before people Reeves was Superman, Superman is not reeves. The character of Superman is much bigger than any actor portraying him I am sorry.

Christopher Reeve wasn't an actor huh?! To which Eunuch replied:

#5 | Steve Younis on July 26, 2011 8:40pm EST
No offense to Chris Reeve cause he was a real life superman but Cavill is actually an actor
I think you should check your facts... Christopher Reeve was a Juilliard-trained actor.

To which Superman-Prime of Earth-2 replies:

#9 | supermanprimeearth2 on July 26, 2011 10:29pm EST
I think you should check your facts... Christopher Reeve was a Juilliard-trained actor.
Really. Shoot learn something new everyday.

The moron-ism doesn't end there. Hear, read this dillhole:

#10 | WHSuperman on July 26, 2011 10:42pm EST
@ #5, He may have went to Julliard, but you wouldn't had known it by watching his acting. I like him, but Cavill is better.

To which Eunuch retaliates:

#12 | Steve Younis on July 26, 2011 11:24pm EST
WHSuperman wrote:
He may have went to Julliard, but you wouldn't had known it by watching his acting.
Are you serious? Christopher Reeve was a great actor.

I like him, but Cavill is better.
This isn't a "I like him better" thing or who will make the better Superman... It's not that at all. I think Cavill will be great. But to put down Christopher Reeve's acting ability... sorry, that's just ridiculous!

This douche-nozzle posts some more a few responses later but I don't feel like copying all of that. But you get the point? When duh apologists are so, well, apologists, that even EUNUCH has to stand up to them, then you know that the 'short bus' is just around the corner! lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 am

That is utterly stupefying... there simply are no words...

Holy shit...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 am

"uh iz dun no nofin bout duh kris reeves but i no him axting suxor!!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

They will never learn. And to the routh thing ya I doubt we will see him in much of anything besides crappy b movies/dtv shit. And then of course him hitting conventions to try and make a buck off that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Who wants some more of SolarisStarGazing'sMostPowerfulVaginaStench stupidity??

This is her post, in response to that poll where Superman came out as #1 with men:
The LastTrueApologistHideout

stargazer

Re: Superman Voted The #1 Superhero Men Most Want To B
« Reply #2 Today at 6:05pm »

I doubt those guys read comicbooks from that site. They probably know the character from tv and movies.

I'm also pretty sure that if a SR sequel had happened, the character would be a lot more popular. Oh well.

The only thing this cow is sure of, is her weight staying above 450lbs.....

Is this "her", enjoying a mid-meal snack??
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 15 Fatcow
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:53 pm

I've heard of a midnight snack but a 'mid-meal' snack? HA! That's a good one! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 am

non_amos wrote:I've heard of a midnight snack but a 'mid-meal' snack? HA! That's a good one! Laughing

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 15 Borat-Thumbs-Up
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Who wants some more of SolarisStarGazing'sMostPowerfulVaginaStench stupidity??
I'd say "lay it on me" but considering the visual...

But anyway, you were saying?

Apologist Puncher wrote:This is her post, in response to that poll where Superman came out as #1 with men:
Ah yes, I remember now.

Without question the DEFINITIVE Apologist wrote:stargazer

Re: Superman Voted The #1 Superhero Men Most Want To B
« Reply #2 Today at 6:05pm »

I doubt those guys read comicbooks from that site. They probably know the character from tv and movies.
Alright, she can fuck off. Okay? Seriously. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Her entire interest in Superman is built around (1) Blandon The Bartender (2) Singerman (3) the Donnerverse. All or most TV shows/cartoons probably aren't on the list and don't even bother mentioning the comics. She has no business, NO FUCKING BUSINESS WHATSOEVER. bashing on ANYbody for only being familiar with the character from movies and shows and whatnot. Frankly, the comics lovers (and I include myself here once in a while) sometimes need to check ourselves for our elitism on this. But for her to pretend like she knows "jack" OR "shit" about the comics is so offensive to me I can barely see straight.

SHE CAN FUCK OFF. Period.

Without question the DEFINITIVE Apologist wrote:stargazer

I'm also pretty sure that if a SR sequel had happened, the character would be a lot more popular. Oh well.
No, he wouldn't, you freakin twit. Superman's popularity for much of the 2000's comes down to (1) Smallville (2) the Superman movie DVD releases/rereleases and (3) STAS/JLU. END OF FREAKING LIST. Singerman did more to damage Superman's credibility as a viable big screen franchise than anything those three items up there could've done to build him up.

The simple fact of the matter is that Bryan Singer had every possible advantage going in to Stalkerman Lurks. The above three things had done MUCH to build up good will for the character. 99% of average moviegoers had LONG forgotten about Superman IV. Post-9/11, I'd argue the world was eager for a pure, righteous, virtuous, self-sacrificing hero.

Bryan Singer took the mother of all golden opportunities, a creative blank check, a financial blank check, the rising crest of comic book cinema and... MOTHERFUCKING SINGERMAN WAS THE RESULT!

Sorry folks but Superman is never likely to have so many positive factors working on his behalf ever again. Not ever. I don't care what anybody says, if Singerman failed to spark popular interest when it had so many windows of opportunity (as we know was the case), a sequel was NEVER going to finish the job.

And something else, let's dispense with this self-serving, patronizing, long-debunked Apologist canard that Singer would've "pulled an X2" if he'd ever gotten to make Singerman 2- Stalker of Pleather. That's a bunch of horseshit. As I said up there, he already had complete creative and financial freedom with the first Singerman. When he made X-Men, he was under every conceivable gun there is. Limited time, limited budget, casting issues, etc. With X2, he had a far more relaxed production/post-production window, a bigger budget and... well, there is that "hot tub casting" thing that came along. But you can't have everything in life.

Point is that Singer had more money and more freedom with Singerman than he EVER had before, including X2. Bottom line? If he couldn't deliver the goods with the fucking wind at his back like it was, there's no reason AT ALL to think that he could've somehow pulled a rabbit out of the hat with a sequel.

I swear, I don't know how morons like her even manage to breathe...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 15 Ist2_1535790-i-agree%5B1%5D
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 pm

I figured this would happen when Cavill mis-worded which Superman comics he was reading, and said 'Superman Returns'. He said it right after mentioning the 'Death of Superman', so it SHOULD be clear he meant 'The Return of Superman'. But nope, Apologists just LOVE proving how stupid they are:

Singerman HomoPage

#12 | funnylatinsuperman on August 3, 2011 9:24am EST
Interesting that he said he read "Superman Returns". I assume that he referred to the Marv Wolfman novel. Interesting in that he is replacing Routh from SR

You know what they say about assumptions, right?

They make Apologists look like fucking assholes.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:00 pm

they never do learn huh ap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum