Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Here goes:

MAVERICK
Proud Member Since 1997

Wow, anyone see anything sad about the above?

"Mr. Routh, It's an Honor to get to speak to you today.

As opposed to the next time, when I will be speaking to you thru a drive-thru window.

This isn't so much a question as it is a statement of gratitude.

Prepare to be verbally felated. Should be a switch for YOU, eh?

Ever since the triumphant return of Superman in 2006, there has been alot of incorrect internet revisionist history concerning Superman Returns.

Mostly by me and my tiny group of Apologist retards. "we r duh bigast fanz of duh singerman peeps dat wez likes to defund ur mofie evr were!! u makea my peepee feelz fun. thanx u!!!"

Firstly, the reviews & reactions from critics & fans was very positive & remains so to this day, despite its few, but vocal detractors.

I guess I would think the same way if I surrounded myself with a bunch of unintelligent cretins who regurgitate the same bullshit endlessly.

But I like to live in the REAL WORLD.

Secondly, the film made ALOT of money all over the world, even though it's budget was unfairly burdened with debt from previous attempts at making a Superman film.

Superman The Movie (1978)
Production Budget: $55 million
Domestic: $134,218,018
+ Foreign: $166,000,000
= Worldwide: $300,218,018

So you're telling me that making $90 million more dollars 28 YEARS after the original came out is "ALOT of money all over the world"???

Want to know a fun little factoid? The average movie ticket cost $2.34 in 1978. http://www.natoonline.org/statisticstickets.htm

The average ticket price in 2006? $6.55. http://www.natoonline.org/statisticstickets.htm

So even though ticket prices almost TRIPLED, the revenue ONLY increased by 1/3?

Yep, it FLOPPED.

Lastly, not only did the film have plenty enough action for my taste, but it also had the the most important ingredient that a Superman film has to have: HEART. And you Sir, are the Heart & Soul of that wonderful film.

"me wuvs u bwandon bj. uz duh swooperman of mine wet dreamz!!!"

People who need nonstop, mindless, shallow action in their movies can have the Zach Snyder movie. As for me, I like my heroes with emotional depth, & you brought that & so many new layers to the Man Of Steel. Thank you for giving us the Majestic & Thoughtful movie known as: Superman Returns."[/i][/b]

Interpretation: "Look at me, BJ. Do I look like someone who appreciates action and adventure? Please. I was bullied so bad in school that I actually had to seek therapy. When the "girls" I liked shunned me, I also took drastically creepy steps. I went thru their trash, peeked when their brothers used the restroo... I mean looked in their windows, and snuck in their house late at night too. You represented everything I live for, and will eventually commit suicide to."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Father Finian Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:36 am

Ha!

I'll give Maverick one thing, he's given me a few laughs!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 am

Man, I got a good laugh reading Mav's post. Laughing

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 am

More stupidity from duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9930#comments

#1 | Doug22 on June 21, 2011 8:44pm EST
Snyder is following the lead of S:TM in casting known, established and popular actors in key roles. Crowe and Costner to name two.

This is good - a deep cast.

But 2012 is not 1978 and Superman is not a draw anymore.

I appreciate the effort but IMO this film will do just OK. Better than Returns but you wait ... once the new costume is revealed this film will be savaged on the internet as was Returns. Not for the same reason but fanboys will be part of making MOS not do as well as it could have.

I was thinking about the almost nada chance of a sequel. The film will feature Clark, Lois, the Kents. All things WB can't use in a sequel even if they wanted to do one.

As to the El family, has the court decided which side owns the rights after 2012?

So, in a very basic sense, there can be no sequel to MOS.

Given it's one-off nature hope Snyder does something dramatic. Maybe kill off Supes? Who knows.

Not enough? The saga continues:

#3 | King Creole on June 21, 2011 9:10pm EST
I know one thing doesn't have to do with another. But after watching/reading the negativity reviews Green Lantern had this past weekend, I come to the conclusion, Batman aside, the majority of the public/fan are not interestest in any movies from DC Comics. GL was a movie people wanted it to flop months before its release. I bet if GL was released under Marvel Studios, people would say it was an epic film.

Once the new Superman costume from the movie is revealed, the carnage will begin. I hope this movie does good at the box office. But I dont think so. My expectation aren't too high with this one. Not to mention it will go head to head against The Hobbits. Nuff said.
#4 | Doug22 on June 21, 2011 9:23pm EST
Indeed!

I sort of wish WB hadn't made this last Supes film cause if it does just OK or flops like Returns (IMO Returns deserved to flop as it was an ill-conceived film and poorly cast - from Spacey to Bosworth, to Routh) that will be the final epitath on Superman in film. Sad given S:TM.

On the bright side, the heirs will probably take their rights to Marvel/Disney. No other place to go if you want to do this kind of film. That s where the money is - in film.

So a Marvel/Disney Superman is very likely and we may yet see the day when Supes rocks at the box office.

There's a little more from those 2 jack-offs but now for some incredibly stupid stupidity:

#10 | BigDawg on June 22, 2011 12:22am EST
WOW... EVERYONE LOVES MARVEL SO MUCH.. LETS REVIEW SHALL WE.

Going in order of last released movies ( I have seen all of them.. I'm a nerd I get it)

X-Men First Class (D)
Thor (F)
Iron Man 2 (D)
X-Men Orgins (D, was bored out of my mind)
Punisher War Zone (lied never saw it.. who cares)
Incredible Hulk (D)
Iron Man (A)
Silver Surfer (F)
Spider Man 3 (C)
Ghost Rider (F - easily the worst movie ever made)
XMen Last Stand (C)
Fantastic Four (C)
Blade Trinity (F)
Spider Man 2 (A)
The Punisher (B )
Hulk (F)
Daredevil (D)

for those of you who aren't smart as a whip when it comes to GPA that is a 1.29 GPA ... AWFUL
#11 | BigDawg on June 22, 2011 12:27am EST
LETS REVIEW DC (BY THE WAY I AM GOING BACK TO 2003... )

Green Lantern (D)
Jonah Hex (F... tied with ghost rider for worst movie ever)
Watchmen (C)
The Dark Knight (A... and I'm not a "batman guy" )
Superman Returns (C ... only because it did make over 300m world wide)
Batman Begins (B )
Catwoman (F)

That is a 1.74 GPA .. better than Marvel..

So somehow this 'nocturnal emission' has determined that WB/DC has actually done BETTER than Marvel?! For one thing, he left out films like the 1st Spiderman. But look, he gave Thor an 'F'! But he gave Singerman a 'C'?!

Wonders never cease at duh Homopage! It's no small feat that they're called APOLOGISTS! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 am

non_amos (if that even is his real name) wrote:More stupidity from duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9930#comments

#1 | Doug22 on June 21, 2011 8:44pm EST
Snyder is following the lead of S:TM in casting known, established and popular actors in key roles. Crowe and Costner to name two.

This is good - a deep cast.

But 2012 is not 1978 and Superman is not a draw anymore.

I appreciate the effort but IMO this film will do just OK. Better than Returns but you wait ... once the new costume is revealed this film will be savaged on the internet as was Returns. Not for the same reason but fanboys will be part of making MOS not do as well as it could have.

I was thinking about the almost nada chance of a sequel. The film will feature Clark, Lois, the Kents. All things WB can't use in a sequel even if they wanted to do one.

As to the El family, has the court decided which side owns the rights after 2012?

So, in a very basic sense, there can be no sequel to MOS.

Given it's one-off nature hope Snyder does something dramatic. Maybe kill off Supes? Who knows.

Not enough?
Frankly, the dude's on point as far as sequel prospects are concerned. If some kind of deal or settlement isn't reached in the Siegel Parasite case, Superman as we know him will be destroyed.

non_amos wrote:
Eunuch Page members wrote:#3 | King Creole on June 21, 2011 9:10pm EST
I know one thing doesn't have to do with another. But after watching/reading the negativity reviews Green Lantern had this past weekend, I come to the conclusion, Batman aside, the majority of the public/fan are not interestest in any movies from DC Comics. GL was a movie people wanted it to flop months before its release. I bet if GL was released under Marvel Studios, people would say it was an epic film.

Once the new Superman costume from the movie is revealed, the carnage will begin. I hope this movie does good at the box office. But I dont think so. My expectation aren't too high with this one. Not to mention it will go head to head against The Hobbits. Nuff said.
#4 | Doug22 on June 21, 2011 9:23pm EST
Indeed!

I sort of wish WB hadn't made this last Supes film cause if it does just OK or flops like Returns (IMO Returns deserved to flop as it was an ill-conceived film and poorly cast - from Spacey to Bosworth, to Routh) that will be the final epitath on Superman in film. Sad given S:TM.

On the bright side, the heirs will probably take their rights to Marvel/Disney. No other place to go if you want to do this kind of film. That s where the money is - in film.

So a Marvel/Disney Superman is very likely and we may yet see the day when Supes rocks at the box office.

There's a little more from those 2 jack-offs
Again, I can't really see anything there I disagree with too much. I don't think we can accurately say how the GP feels about DC superhero movies given the dearth of them. I also think Doug22 is out of his fucking mind if he thinks a post-Siegel Parasite Superman movie will be worth half a damn but otherwise I can't really see too much there that bugs me. Would that all of Eunuch's eunuchs were so intelligent.

non_amos wrote:but now for some incredibly stupid stupidity:
To be fair, you prefaced the below with your statement above... but even so... holy shit, that guy's a nitwit.

#10 | BigDawg on June 22, 2011 12:22am EST
WOW... EVERYONE LOVES MARVEL SO MUCH.. LETS REVIEW SHALL WE.

Going in order of last released movies ( I have seen all of them.. I'm a nerd I get it)

X-Men First Class (D)
Thor (F)
Iron Man 2 (D)
X-Men Orgins (D, was bored out of my mind)
Punisher War Zone (lied never saw it.. who cares)
Incredible Hulk (D)
Iron Man (A)
Silver Surfer (F)
Spider Man 3 (C)
Ghost Rider (F - easily the worst movie ever made)
XMen Last Stand (C)
Fantastic Four (C)
Blade Trinity (F)
Spider Man 2 (A)
The Punisher (B )
Hulk (F)
Daredevil (D)

for those of you who aren't smart as a whip when it comes to GPA that is a 1.29 GPA ... AWFUL
#11 | BigDawg on June 22, 2011 12:27am EST
LETS REVIEW DC (BY THE WAY I AM GOING BACK TO 2003... )

Green Lantern (D)
Jonah Hex (F... tied with ghost rider for worst movie ever)
Watchmen (C)
The Dark Knight (A... and I'm not a "batman guy" )
Superman Returns (C ... only because it did make over 300m world wide)
Batman Begins (B )
Catwoman (F)

That is a 1.74 GPA .. better than Marvel..
non_amos wrote:So somehow this 'nocturnal emission' has determined that WB/DC has actually done BETTER than Marvel?! For one thing, he left out films like the 1st Spiderman. But look, he gave Thor an 'F'! But he gave Singerman a 'C'?!

Wonders never cease at duh Homopage! It's no small feat that they're called APOLOGISTS! Rolling Eyes
I can't really think of a nice way to say this so I'll just say it. Anybody who gives Watchmen anything less than a B is already under suspicion for having utterly worthless opinions.

Anybody who gives Watchmen the same grade as Singerman (I don't care what the grade might be) is a douchebag.

Anybody who scores Green Lantern lower than bullshit Singerman is a complete retard.

On top of all that? This ramrod doesn't seem to understand that Marvel Studios has executive produced Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America (ie, none of the rest). Two of those made shitloads of money, one of them did okay considering the last movie and the fourth one has been pretty successful at the box office and will only be more so when the DVD hits. Over and above all that, I enjoyed all of them to varying degrees.

If WB had a track record with DC superhero movies like Marvel Studios does with theirs, I'd feel a *LOT* better about all things Superman right now instead of being the "guilty until proven innocent" guy.

All of this to say that the prick has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 am

Seesh what silly comments there. As for costume heck we have no clue what the look will be. For all we know snyder will go classic look and have superman proper and have nothing to do with the revamp look and all.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:32 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Seesh what silly comments there. As for costume heck we have no clue what the look will be. For all we know snyder will go classic look and have superman proper and have nothing to do with the revamp look and all.
The main reason I still think that's on the table is because Cavill auditioned in a Reeve replica suit. Auditions don't necessarily require costumes and stuff. He could've auditioned just as easily in some other design. Or regular clothes. Hell, he could even have auditioned the way BJ Blandon did and worn a plain blue shirt, blue pants (jeans?) and what looked like a red blanket that the costume department threw together for him.

But it was none of those things. It was a Reeve replica suit even though it could've been anything else. Snyder then remarked that Cavill was completely convincing wearing The Suit. I have to think there's a reason for all that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Totally agree there. Only thing that needs to be any different in snyder suit is some materials. Like a more leather boot and belt. And I don't know what material I would have for tights/trunks. And for cape I hope its silk or some other cloth material. I just don't want the suit to be restrictive like sr suit was. So we can see it bend and flex and show off cavill muscles and all that. I said before if the material was like underarmor like material would be nice. It wrinkles and flexs in the right spots. But of course i would want something of higher quality.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
The main reason I still think that's on the table is because Cavill auditioned in a Reeve replica suit. Auditions don't necessarily require costumes and stuff. He could've auditioned just as easily in some other design. Or regular clothes. Hell, he could even have auditioned the way BJ Blandon did and worn a plain blue shirt, blue pants (jeans?) and what looked like a red blanket that the costume department threw together for him.

But it was none of those things. It was a Reeve replica suit even though it could've been anything else. Snyder then remarked that Cavill was completely convincing wearing The Suit. I have to think there's a reason for all that.

Stealing my reasoning, 'eh?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Remember that idiot who verbally-fellated BJ at the 'Superman Celebration? Check out THIS little nugget:

http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=3216&page=5

MAVERICK
Proud Member Since 1997

CAM, I thought of ya a couple times while I was there dude.
And trust me, at the end of my lil speech when I finally looked up & Brandon was looking dead at me with gratitude, my knees did turn to jelly. The mic started shaking in my hand & I handed it back to the host damned quick before anyone noticed.

Did this loser just admit more than he intended or what??
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 Your-a-loser
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
MAVERICK
Proud Member Since 1997

And trust me, at the end of my lil speech when I finally looked up & Brandon was looking dead at me with gratitude, my knees did turn to jelly. The mic started shaking in my hand & I handed it back to the host damned quick before anyone noticed.

Sometimes, there are no words...

But this isn't one of those times. It sort of reminds me of the infamous "tingle down my leg" remark, except this is even creepier.

But at the same time, I occasionally get a sort of perverse joy out of reading stuff like this, secure in the knowledge that BJ The Bartender, Singer and all the rest WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER CHANCE TO DESECRATE THE LEGEND. That doesn't and never will make up for the Singerman abortion, you understand, but suck-fest posts like that that are a eulogy from a "franchise" gone horribly wrong do occasionally make me laugh... and, yes, cringe just a bit.

Besides, that Maverick dude can write whatever the hell he wants... but you know as well as I do that Routh was probably two seconds away from calling security.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Besides, that Maverick dude can write whatever the hell he wants... but you know as well as I do that Routh was probably two seconds away from calling security.

Looking at the guy, I bet he wanted them to bring a bottle of Febreeze when they kicked his creepy ass out.

He looks like he reeks of a combination of BO, Marlboro's and KFC gravy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Besides, that Maverick dude can write whatever the hell he wants... but you know as well as I do that Routh was probably two seconds away from calling security.

Looking at the guy, I bet he wanted them to bring a bottle of Febreeze when they kicked his creepy ass out.

He looks like he reeks of a combination of BO, Marlboro's and KFC gravy.
Heh, funny you should mention that. I met Marina Sirtis (Troi from Star Trek TNG) a few weeks ago at a con. It was kind of funny. She had a little packet of moist towelettes handy. If she shook hands with someone particularly loathsome, she instantly busted out one of 'em out and started scrubbing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DUDE.

Anybody want to be that Blandon probably did the same thing after his encounter with that Bailey wannabe?

In other news, sometimes you read something that's so freaking stupid...

Well, here we go. Basically this all relates to an interview Eddie Berganza and Bob Harras did with Newsarama a few weeks ago. Blows my mind I didn't post it sooner but, hey, what can ya do?

Apologist Derp wrote:#7 | Jpx98 on June 16, 2011 1:43am EST
Not once did the Nrama interviewer ask if The Death of Superman, Hunter Prey, Superboy or any major Superman avents happen. Yes I read and enjoyed Darkest Knight, and Brightest Days. And as much as I like Batman, I didn't read Killing Joke or Death in the Family so I don't really care about those, I want know to know about the major stories that I read, well like The Death of Superman for #1, and if Superboy, Steel, and the CyborgSuperman happen, or is whole storyline swept under the rug, and is Superboy a cybor or robot now? And does Powergirl even exist, or is she merged with Supergirl? Is there a JAS or only a JLA, and I guess as far Batman goes did Knight's Fall & Knight's Return,even happen.

The person did mention Superman, but not really in detail. I don't know, I'll get #1 of Action Comics, Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, and the of the Superman titles I get along with the rest of the DC books I get, but I really don't think I'm going beyond #1s I can't start all over again. Why DC did this I don't know? I don't know, this may be the end of Superman for me.

#8 | Jpx98 on June 16, 2011 1:45am EST
Not once did the Nrama interviewer ask if The Death of Superman, Hunter Prey, Superboy or any major Superman avents happen. Yes I read and enjoyed Darkest Knight, and Brightest Days. And as much as I like Batman, I didn't read Killing Joke or Death in the Family so I don't really care about those, I want know to know about the major stories that I read, well like The Death of Superman for #1, and if Superboy, Steel, and the CyborgSuperman happen, or is the whole storyline swept under the rug, and is Superboy a cybor or robot now? And does Powergirl even exist, or is she merged with Supergirl? Is there a JAS or only a JLA, and I guess as far Batman goes did Knight's Fall & Knight's Return,even happen.

The person did mention Superman, but not really in detail. I don't know, I'll get #1 of Action Comics, Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, and the of the Superman titles I get along with the rest of the DC books I get, but I really don't think I'm going beyond #1s I can't start all over again. Why DC did this I don't know? I don't know, this may be the end of Superman for me.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9908

If you can read that for too long without making your eyes bleed... I mean, look, I realize it's unrealistic to expect most folks to have an encyclopedic knowledge of comic book history. Some people just don't have the interest in that.

I also realize that you're on thin ice if you expect ANY Apologist to know jackfrigginshit about comics. I get that too, trust me.

But even with the above in mind, holy shit, this guy is a special brand. Talk about getting lost in stupid.

"Darkest Knight"? "Knight's Fall"? Look, I'd understand the mistake if one of them wasn't a VERY recent and major crossover by DC (Blackest Night) while the other is one of the most important Batman stories in history (Knightfall)... but since they're anything BUT obscure... I mean, it's hard to find the words to account for something that moronic.

For those of you who may not have known, any time someone says they've never read The Killing Joke or A Death In The Family, you can pretty much ignore whatever they say Batman's continuity "ought to be". And my best advice is to not engage them. They're a breed apart. Don't try to understand them. And don't try to make them understand you. Just walk away. Slowly.

As if all that wasn't bad enough though, homeboy just HAD to double post his inanities. And look at that time stamp. Two minutes apart. It's not like he double-clicked the "Submit" button over on the Eunuch page. Motherfucker had to knowingly push the thing TWICE.

When people tell you that everyone has an opinion and all are equally valid, I want you to remember posts like like the one from the Apologist hoser above.

No. Not all opinions are equally valid.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Heh, funny you should mention that. I met Marina Sirtis (Troi from Star Trek TNG) a few weeks ago at a con. It was kind of funny. She had a little packet of moist towelettes handy. If she shook hands with someone particularly loathsome, she instantly busted out one of 'em out and started scrubbing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DUDE.

Should have offered them one too, to complete the insult.

Anybody want to be that Blandon probably did the same thing after his encounter with that Bailey wannabe?

Nah, his "handlers" probably had to.

BJ ain't too bright.

When people tell you that everyone has an opinion and all are equally valid, I want you to remember posts like like the one from the Apologist hoser above.

The people who think or say this usually know their opinions are horseshit.

No. Not all opinions are equally valid.

And never will be.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Remember that idiot who verbally-fellated BJ at the 'Superman Celebration? Check out THIS little nugget:

http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=3216&page=5

MAVERICK
Proud Member Since 1997

Jesus fuckin Christ......talk about creepy.

At least it's clear why Maverick "gets" Singerman.....This fop shouldn't get too carried away though. If you're Brandon Routh compliments on your work are virtually non existent. It's a wonder Ruth didn't run up and kiss this guy! Just like Sydney........

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Father Finian wrote:Jesus fuckin Christ......talk about creepy.

And yet, not unexpected....

At least it's clear why Maverick "gets" Singerman.....This fop shouldn't get too carried away though. If you're Brandon Routh compliments on your work are virtually non existent. It's a wonder Ruth didn't run up and kiss this guy! Just like Sydney........

This Maverick twink wasn't offering BJ work, so BJ wasn't going to bend over forwards for him.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:34 am

Father Finian wrote:Jesus fuckin Christ......talk about creepy.
No kidding!

And now for something entirely different...

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9988

Basically, Eunuch sent this out as part of his spam mail list. In short, it's all part of that print vs. digital thing.

Printed comics offer back issue/collector appeal while digital comics cannot and will not.

There will ultimately be a price difference between the prints vs. the digitals. So if you don't mind waiting a while, you can get a break on the price of your DC comics.

Prints aren't portable in mass quantities; digitals are.

Other shit too.

Because, y'know, none of this stuff ever occurred to a single human being before Eunuch came along to kick some awesome science on our lame asses.

Now, I'm not arguing the merits of one over the other here... mostly because most of you likely already have a preference (if you even have a dog in the fight at all, that is). Allz I'm saying is that if this is the kind of Captain Obvious bullshit the dude slings in his little spam list, I can only hope and pray he's got few subscribers... but then I remember that his audience is still principally made up of Apologists, who, by definition, are not noted for their intelligence or discernment.

So in the end, it's probably just one idiot yammering to a bunch of other idiots. Sounds like another day on the Eunuch page to me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:53 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9988#comments

Revisiting the Print vs. Digital thing...

Calling this nitwit an Apologist is an insult to Apologists wrote:#22 | lemarjones on July 8, 2011 9:24am EST
Borikua, it's interesting that you should say that. Did reading and collecting paper media have cons BEFORE digital media?

I look at it like the phenomenon of vitamin suppliments in the 20th century. Were their cons to just eating properly BEFORE vitamin suppliments?

Were their cons to drinking water from manicipalities BEFORE those same waters were marketed and sold in plastic bottles?

I'm not quite sure what the gist of my argument is, but it is food for thought.

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 N82104281548_2215421_4575024

Neal Bailey and his chick.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 N82104281548_2215421_4575024

Two things come to mind when I see that picture:
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 116142_res7_silentbob

And:
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 Puke
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 N82104281548_2215421_4575024

A) Is that really Neal 'Fagley' Bailey? And if so, where did you find that pic?

B) What's with the chick & the little girl look?! Is he some kind of perv or something?! At least you could argue though that she's female.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Here's an Apologist quote that will definitely leave you with a headache:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10022#comments

#3 | ehevns on July 17, 2011 11:07pm EST
Superman has a lot of material from the comics books that should be exploited ! like in the last episode what happen to the stolen crystals that lex luthor stole from the fortress of solitude in the last episode ( played by Brandon Routh )..also I think any comic book movie like a Superman movie has to stick with the comic book script generally...and this is what the producers attempt to do they may create an episode..but they have an intention of staying with a comic book script.. but one thing that one should know that these Movies - Superman is for entertainment, and should not be critized by some critic that could delay any future production of the Movie- I like Superman- I enjoy his adventures ! So if the critics don't like his adventures just stay away and don't say anything damaging that would delay the makeing of the next movie ! I sure wilsh his next adventure will Let him find those Lost Crystals taking them Back to the Fortress of Solitude ! You know the Kryptonian Culture was thousands of years ahead of Earth's and there is no way for his adventure to have a lack of material ! I would like to see if the kryptonian city Kandor was resurrected and was able ot Occupy the place of krypton and Superman found some kind of communio with his fellow kryptonians...He has enjoyed his glory of using his superpowers in helping saving mankind but it would be Nice if he could find some peace by being united with his fellow Kryptonians...Superman has really battled some lonelilness thru the years ! In the future if the producers just get exhausted producing Superman movies let the poor fellow find his Lost race ... that some how a few was able to be saved in the Phantom zone or something like that ! I hope his saga will continue - I don't want to see Superman die - Superman has done a lot for mankind, he has been a loyal American and All of the patriot stuff ! He need to Triumph and get a just Reward for his love of America, and keeping with Justice and the American way !

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 14 Youtube_confuseidiot
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 am

Looks like a creeper.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 am

Am I the only one wondering where the hell his arm is going there?

As for how I found it, seems he and I have some mutual fb friends in the comics field so his name popped up under the _people you may know_ thing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Am I the only one wondering where the hell his arm is going there?

It's going up his ass.

Duh.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum