Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread

+2
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Another lizard featurette:

Two more low res tv spots:

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 pm

webhead2006 wrote:
I luvz me some Denis Leary so this was cool.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Some twitter reactions from folks who attended a Press Screening For The Amazing Spider-Man:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/WhatchuTalkinBout/news/?a=61283
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 27826310
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 27826311
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 28938210
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Pretty amazing. Only a few weeks ago it seemed like everything was going against this flick, and now with each clip being release and the press screening the tides are shifting incredibly.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm far from convinced... but, as I love Denis Leary's standup stuff so much, I'm not as rebellious as I had been. Mind you, Leary is playing a character who's going to die sooner or later so there's that to consider...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:38 am

Do really want webb take to be a hit. From production, clips, and trailers there is a lot of things I like. I do have a few minor concerns that I hope disapear once I see the full film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 pm

"Goomba" Lizard still bothers me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Pretty amazing. Only a few weeks ago it seemed like everything was going against this flick, and now with each clip being release and the press screening the tides are shifting incredibly.

Actually everything was going against it when they anounce it was going to be made but I agree with the part about the shift being turn after the trailers and clips were release to the public. Which is why I'm curious & anxious to see what the reaction/reception will be when the film fails, thats if it does!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Stockslivevan wrote:Pretty amazing. Only a few weeks ago it seemed like everything was going against this flick, and now with each clip being release and the press screening the tides are shifting incredibly.

Actually everything was going against it when they anounce it was going to be made but I agree with the part about the shift being turn after the trailers and clips were release to the public. Which is why I'm curious & anxious to see what the reaction/reception will be when the film fails, thats if it does!

Dude! Why do you always do this?! I about believe you are trolling at times! Let me ask you, is TDKR still gonna beat Avengers? Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Actually everything was going against it when they anounce it was going to be made but I agree with the part about the shift being turn after the trailers and clips were release to the public. Which is why I'm curious & anxious to see what the reaction/reception will be when the film fails, thats if it does!

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Special-kind-of-stupid
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 am

non_amos wrote:
Dude! Why do you always do this?! I about believe you are trolling at times!

I'm just not too supportive of the film considering that I'm more in tone with the Raimi films but I'm willing to give it look to see whether the film ends up good or bad! And how is it bashing TASM is considered trolling when y'all been bashing TDKR non-stop or anything related to Christopher Nolan for that matter?

Let me ask you, is TDKR still gonna beat Avengers? Frustration

Maybe or maybe not either way we won't know until July, for all we know TDKR will probably end up tieing with "The Avengers"! Who knows?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Just cause tone and what not is different then raimi. I doubt that will turn many away. As great as raimi series was. There was things he didn't do and could have done. So I am sure it will be a success. Probably on par to spidey 1/2 maybe. But also got to figure 4th of july opening. Its going to get adults/teens/kids in droves.

Also here is three new tv spots:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I'm just not too supportive of the film considering that I'm more in tone with the Raimi films but I'm willing to give it look to see whether the film ends up good or bad!

Then go watch your DVD's of the Raimi films.

When Mommy lets you, that is.

And how is it bashing TASM is considered trolling when y'all been bashing TDKR non-stop or anything related to Christopher Nolan for that matter?

Because we give valid, concise reason for our displeasure with Nolan's choices.

You can't do the same.

Maybe or maybe not either way we won't know until July, for all we know TDKR will probably end up tieing with "The Avengers"! Who knows?

I know, dingleberry.

'The Avengers' will be #1 at the box office for ALL of 2012.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Peter Parker clip:

Stan lee featurette:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Two clips from the film:

First review of the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=61654
First Official Review For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Is Four Stars; Plus Hint Of After Credits Scene

I'm actually glad Spider-Man received a quick reboot. I was never much of a fan of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man franchise. I may be in the minority but the first film was rather dull to me. Willem Dafoe's great villainous performance is the only thing in it that holds my interest. Now, the second film is actually pretty damn good, but much of that movie borrows from Superman II. Although it's great it's not winning points for originality. While the third film feels like you went to a classy Italian restaurant and all they served you was Chef Boyardee.

Also Tobey Maguire never came across physically as Peter Parker/Spider-Man to me. He was short, not thin and wiry like I had always imagined him to be. After seeing Andrew Garfield in The Social Network and Never Let Me Go I know that we aren't just getting an actor that looks the part better than Tobey, but were also going to get a more elaborate performance.

The copy below has been translated to English. Andrew Garfield is the perfect Peter Parker. He has the gift to us both in emotion and bring us up to laugh. He is slim, yet muscular, he possesses both a fragile and a dark side. He is awkward in his interaction with other people (especially girls), but has many other talents (he is wise and can be awfully good skateboarding). His action scenes are convincing and when the emotion becomes too great and the tears in his eyes pop feel that the emotion comes from the belly and not the makeup artist.

And like the Sam Raimi films Webb attempts the comic very realistically translate to the big screen. Some of the changes work as well as the way Peter Parker on the idea comes from the Spider-Man outfit, but other things than work a lot better. The scene where the uncle's life is now better connect with the story. The gangster who shot dead namely has a tattoo on his wrist and there's Spider-Man looking through a large piece of the story. It also motivates his actions and we see him gradually evolve. Second, the scene where Peter Parker becomes aware of his super powers a masterpiece with a nod to the works of Charlie Chaplin. Everything takes place in a small subway car and the scene is to feast on. The physical humor that bring about changes in the subsequent scenes are perfectly timed and works pretty well as a whole.

The Amazing Spider-Man succeeds in an interesting and innovative mix between intelligent dialogues, humorous ideas, breathtaking action, moving drama and a focus on the humanity of the characters. But the general tone of the film still has a dark side.
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:19 am

Whew! Who wrote that freakin' review?! It was laborious to read. It just as well have been written by someone at duh Homopage. Or in China. Take your pick. Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:02 am

non_amos wrote:Whew! Who wrote that freakin' review?! It was laborious to read. It just as well have been written by someone at duh Homopage. Or in China. Take your pick. Frustration
No kidding, freakin Engrish up there. Or maybe something webhead2006 might write with his questionable phone as he rushes between classes.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Whew! Who wrote that freakin' review?! It was laborious to read. It just as well have been written by someone at duh Homopage. Or in China. Take your pick. Frustration
No kidding, freakin Engrish up there. Or maybe something webhead2006 might write with his questionable phone as he rushes between classes.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Teamkim
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:59 am

I'm so... ronery...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Well according to the link it was from some belgian website. But you guys where right some bad english at times. But here is some new tv spots:

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Tumblrm5ksbrzpfd1rys4o9
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 14 Tumblrm5ksbrzpfd1rys4o9

Batman's pile being larger than Iron Man's is quite the FAIL....

Still funny though.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Some more clips are online. First is a behind the scenes featurette from a Walmart bonus dvd:

The second clip is the full "Carjacker" scene:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Emma stone on Gwen featurette:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Imageworks VFX supervisor on creating The Lizard:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=61903
Imageworks VFX Supervisor Jerome Chen Talks About Bringing The Lizard To Life

The Lizard is brought to life in The Amazing Spider-Man entirely through the use of visual effects,so how did Jerome Chen and his team go about making the villain as look as realistic as possible? Read on for details. Josh Wilding - 6/17/2012

Jerome Chen, an Academy Award-nominated VFX supervisor who has been with Imageworks since its founding 20 years ago, had this to say about bringing the villain to life on the big screen with the use of visual effects. "He’s such an iconic villain from the comic books. And there have been so many variations - our departure point started with a beautiful sculpt done at Legacy. Our Lizard was almost nine feet tall, muscular and powerful, with a sweeping tail. The face is humanoid, which was important to provide us with a connection to the human Dr. Connors, as performed by Rhys Ifans."

"Marc wanted the Lizard’s skin to have loose folds – like a Komodo Dragon – but still feel the power of the muscles moving beneath them," he said about the work which went into adding the incredible detail to the look of the Lizard. "I was taught that the key to making an animated character believable is that the audience has to see that this character is thinking. And our access point was Rhys Ifans. When he’s in Lizard mode, what’s his thought process? What would his performance be like?" Of course, this involved working closely with the actor and video reference became an essential tool for the animators. "Marc directed Rhys during the key emotive moments when the Lizard was on screen. Though the Lizard rarely speaks in the film, there are many moments where we have to read his eyes and his expression."

For the action scenes, a seven foot tall stuntman (dressed entirely in black so he could be removed during post production) was used to portray the nine-foot-tall Lizard. He would then grapple with Andrew Garfield, meaning that the villain could be digitally inserted and would match up with the stuntman's motions in order to create an entirely authentic looking battle. Is the Lizard one of the things you're most looking forward to seeing in The Amazing Spider-Man? Sound off with your thoughts in the usual place.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next