Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

5 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 10 Empty Re: General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

Post  non_amos Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:23 pm

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-comics-new-52-whos-who-zero-issues.html

DC's New 52 Who's Who Resets ALL First Appearances to 2011

By Newsarama Staff
posted: 05 September 2012 02:02 pm ET

DC Comics has a new take on their classic "Who's Who" listings, giving basic details on their characters, teams and concepts. Power Sets, basic origin stories, current affiliations and recent appearances are all included, as they were in the old "Who's Who" sets. For example, Superman's entry in Action Comics #0 looks like this:

First Appearance

Justice League #1 (2011)

Base of Operations:

Metropolis

Powers:

Under a yellow sun Superman is extraordinarily strong in addition to
being nearly invulnerable. He can run and fly at incredible speeds and possesses other abilities such as super-hearing, heat vision, x-ray vision, and much more!

Other Appearances:

Batman: The Dark Knight #5-7

Swamp Thing #1

Supergirl #1-3

O.M.A.C. #7

History:

As the planet Krypton exploded and a civilization died, baby Kal-El was rocketed to safety by his parents. A rriving on the planet Earth and adopted into the care of Jonathan and Martha Kent, Kal-El would discover he had amazing powers and abilities because his alien physiology was exposed to the rays of Earth’s yellow sun. Raised to live as a human with the utmost moral standards, Clark would strive to be the best he could be in every situation.

Approximately five years ago, Clark made his debut fighting injustice in the streets of Metropolis. At first he did so in secret as his powers continued to grow exponentially, but the threat of Brainiac, the alien collector of worlds, forced Superman into the public eye. Superman would be victorious and go on to inspire other heroes to step forward. He would also incur the wrath of many others who saw his existence on Earth as a threat, most notably the genius Lex Luthor. Superman is the most powerful being on the planet. His affiliation with the Justice League and his never-ending acts of courage have, for better or worse, put him in the spotlight.

Most of it sounds pretty standard, and the DC Comics character and history we've known for decades. But there is one big change: that First Appearance category. According to this entry, Superman's first appearance is not Action Comics #1 from June, 1938. Instead, it's 2011's Justice League #1, the first issue of the New 52.

Looking through the other entries in this week's Who's Who reveals the same status for all of their characters, new and old. James Gordon, a relic of May, 1939, now has a first appearance of Detective Comics #1 from 2011. Green Arrow first showed up in his own #1 last year, and Earth 2 first appeared in 2012.

It's not the first time we've seen some of these first appearances thrown to the wind. In the character sketch pages in the back of the first six issues of Justice League, the heroes of that team were listed as having JL #1 as their first appearance. So, the Who's Who seems to simply extend that way of thinking to all of DC's characters.

Despite multiple reboots and rejiggerings of the DC Universe in the past, the official Who's Who entries have always kept the original first appearances intact. This puts to question DC's commitment to prior continuity. The company line has been "most everything still happened, just maybe not in the exact way it did before," but some big continuity questions have still been lingering. With everyone's first appearances reset to 2011 and 2012, too, it seems there's a lot less need for DC Comics to honor past stories as they continue to develop future ones.

Got a comment? There's lots of conversation on Newsarama's FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

Does anyone really even care about this anymore?! I may not be buying comics currently but if I were, I wouldn't know if I were coming or going with all this crap that DC pulls. Have they really lost their way?! Lame
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 10 Empty Re: General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Ya with how many times dc has rebooted and rebooted there universe what's the point in those who's who lists.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 pm

This is actually a really good idea. If they decide to jettison The New 52, they've made it completely severable from what has come before... and vice versa. In fact, the cynic in me is starting to think DC may have more non-New 52 books coming and the purpose of this Who's Who series is to specify where they consider The New 52 to have started to avoid confusion with what else might be coming.

But then I could also be completely freakin wrong on this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 am

Wonder woman earth one book in the works:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=66939
Wonder Woman Earth One being made by Grant Morrison And Yanick Paquette'

We know that Grant Morrison still has a Wonder Woman project planned for DC Comics. Well,now we know that it is a Wonder Woman Earth One project . And it will be drawn by his Seven Soldiers and Batman Inc compatriot Yanick Paquette,currently working on Swamp Thing. And it should be launched next year… Malcopunch - 9/7/2012

We know that Grant Morrison still has a Wonder Woman project planned for DC Comics. Well, now we know that it is a Wonder Woman Year One project (UPDATE: Or is it Earth One?). And it will be drawn by his Seven Soldiers and Batman Inc compatriot Yanick Paquette, currently working on Swamp Thing. And it should be launched next year…

Here are a couple of pointers to what Morrison has planned

''So Marston had all these ideas and it was very deep, there was a book by him which was hidden in the DC Comics vaults because they didn’t really want anyone to see it, and a friend of mine at DC sneaked it out for me one time. And it’s this thing, and honestly you can’t read it, it’s deranged, it’s like the guys just done mescaline or something, talking about his sexual theories.

…But then Marston died, and that energy left the strip, it just disappeared… when you took the sex out of Wonder Woman, the thing went flat. And the sales died immediately after Marston himself died and never ever recovered.

… I think I’ve found a way, but I’m not gonna tell you what I’ve done because hopefully the Wonder Woman series will be out next year sometime or thereabouts. But I think I’ve found a way to get all that back in again but it took a lot of reading. This has been the hardest project I’ve ever done.

That Superman’s meant to be this ultimate expression of masculinity and he still gets to be sexual, while Wonder Woman’s meant to be the ultimate expression of womanhood and yet she isn’t allowed anything to do with sex.''

Here is a Image:
General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 10 LL
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:23 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=76967

Geoff Johns has revealed Zatanna's "new" look.

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 10 Zatanna-new-look-600x984

Basically they deleted the top hat. To the extent the character is recognizable at all, it's mostly the fishnets and the top hat. Well, she only has one of those now.

But at least she has the same high collar as everyone else so yay for consistency and stuff.

Oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 am

Thought I posted this already but apparently not. This is Lobo for The New 52.

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 10 Redesign-Lobo-New-52-Concept-Art

www.fanboysanonymous.com/2013/08/new-52-lobo-redesigned.html

In other news, the Twilight fans are overjoyed about the character's new look.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 pm

High-heeled boots?

Wow....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10