Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

5 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 3 Empty Re: General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Here is first look at Darkseid in his DCnU/ New 52 first appearance in Justice League #4:
General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 3 Darkse10
Hm. Not bad. JLA #1 pretty much pointed right to Darkseid as the big bad so this isn't a big surprise. Still, cool pic.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 3 Empty Re: General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ)

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 am

Ya not that bad of a design alot of simularity to old look with some new changes that doesnt really throw off the look for the character.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 pm

I don't get why they made it so busy.

And purple?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:30 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I don't get why they made it so busy.
Comic book artists today generally put in a LOT more detail in their pages than was the case, oh, maybe 10, 15, 20 years ago. In a lot of cases, that means redesigning/enhancing costumes to support that level of detail. This new costume basically makes Darkseid's appearance more of a piece with the New 52. Now is the time to introduce his updated look.

And purple?
A traditional villain color. Not a traditional Darkseid color (at least not in my observation) but still traditionally associated with villains.

I'm not defending (or, for that matter, criticizing) this new look, just pointing out possible reasons here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I rather enjoyed Justice League #3. Love or hate the relaunch, one thing you can't say is that JL is shortchanging Superman or minimizing him to build up other characters. At least not so far.

On the other hand, it IS a Jim Lee comic, with everything that implies- lots of boobs, fights and general cool art. Johns seems to realize he's making the equivalent of a fairly disposable action movie with this book... and I'm honestly okay with that. If you're going to bring all these characters together, best to let 'em show off, do a lot of big action sequences and so forth. The combination plays very well to Jim Lee's strengths as an artist, in fact.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Colors, I've been reading your comments on the DC 'reboot' here & there on this forum & for the most part I'm seeing mostly positive feedback. To tell you the truth, that's about the last thing I would've expected going into this thing. The reason being, the whole 'trunks' issue, the armor, the whole 'screwing Superman over' perception, the 'reboot some, not Batman' angle, etc., etc. I guess I'd have expected you to have been all over this thing like white on rice because as it was leading up to this relaunch, I saw the general negativity towards this. Instead your comments are mostly 'thumbs up'. Just not what I expected. I fully expected this thing to be a fiasco & yes, they'll bring back the trunks, etc., etc. Instead DC has a hit on their hands, at least right now anyway, & even seem to be winning you over?

I know we previously wanted DC to fail but maybe they need to succeed? It's healthy for the industry overall, right? It generates interest & even competition. To use a wrestling analogy, 'it puts butts in the seats'! And that can only be a good thing I suppose because after all, do we really want the death of DC Comics or even worse, the comics industry in general? I think not! I'm not currently buying comics & neither can I afford them but still..........I don't want the 'death-knell' for these characters either because as you know, that could also affect our beloved films.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

non_amos wrote:Colors, I've been reading your comments on the DC 'reboot' here & there on this forum & for the most part I'm seeing mostly positive feedback. To tell you the truth, that's about the last thing I would've expected going into this thing. The reason being, the whole 'trunks' issue, the armor, the whole 'screwing Superman over' perception, the 'reboot some, not Batman' angle, etc., etc. I guess I'd have expected you to have been all over this thing like white on rice because as it was leading up to this relaunch, I saw the general negativity towards this. Instead your comments are mostly 'thumbs up'. Just not what I expected. I fully expected this thing to be a fiasco & yes, they'll bring back the trunks, etc., etc. Instead DC has a hit on their hands, at least right now anyway, & even seem to be winning you over?

I know we previously wanted DC to fail but maybe they need to succeed? It's healthy for the industry overall, right? It generates interest & even competition. To use a wrestling analogy, 'it puts butts in the seats'! And that can only be a good thing I suppose because after all, do we really want the death of DC Comics or even worse, the comics industry in general? I think not! I'm not currently buying comics & neither can I afford them but still..........I don't want the 'death-knell' for these characters either because as you know, that could also affect our beloved films.
You read my earlier comments absolutely right. I had a lot of vitriol and criticism behind this stuff. No doubts there.

And a lot of that stuff, as you say, is still on the table. This isn't a reboot. At least not the kind I would've wanted to see done. I understand DC doesn't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater (Green Lantern stuff in the past 15'ish years, Batman stuff since the mid/late 70's, etc) but this incomplete reboot bugs me. It will be a problem. Hell, it already IS a problem.

Then there's Superman stuff. You said it all. And you're right on every count.

Even so, although I've always considered myself a DC guy at heart, I've never really ventured out too far beyond Superman and/or the core JLA books. Even the books I read unrelated to those could ultimately trace their roots back to Superman in some way or another (Legion). The New 52 is a chance to expand and experiment. I never gave two fucks about the Teen Titans until now. I never liked those characters or most of their costumes. I'm still kind of pissed that Young Justice (the original series) was assassinated to make room for a resurrected Titans. But the new Titans... honestly, this is interesting stuff.

Another interesting thing is Superboy. I never had a major beef with his first origin but, if you think about it, it really was a little pat. "Let's knock the basic origin out so that we can move on to the meat of the story". It made sense for the story DC was telling at time (Reign of the Supermen) but you sometimes gotta wonder that his origin was mined as well as it could've been. Scott Lobdell is dealing with that in a way I think is really interesting.

Once you get past the aesthetics of Superman (difficult, I know), the books have been pretty solid. With minor quibbles, I've enjoyed what Morrison and Perez are doing. The Suit will come back sooner or later so for now I can just enjoy (or not) what's coming out. And it's pretty enjoyable.

Most of all, Superman isn't getting punked everytime he turns around. That would've been a dealbreaker. I'm sick to hell of Superman getting shat on just so some writer can fulfill his man-crush on [[insert character here]]. JL, the Superman titles and even other books have made it pretty clear though that Superman is recognized as pretty much Boss Hoss of the DCnU. If that's the only good thing to come out of all this stuff... hell, I'll take it. I don't need another scene of Superman beating the shit out of some other Kryptonian and mentioning that Batman taught him how to scrap (why does Batman always have to be the coolest motherfucker in the room?).

Look, I'd be the last to argue that The New 52 is perfect. But it's really pretty good (at least the stuff I've read) and I'm enjoying it. I wish I could afford more titles.

I can't very well advocate you try it out but at the same time I wouldn't discourage it. You may enjoy some of this stuff.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Most of all, Superman isn't getting punked everytime he turns around. That would've been a dealbreaker. I'm sick to hell of Superman getting shat on just so some writer can fulfill his man-crush on [[insert character here]].

Actually this point is a concern for me in the Superman film franchise probably moreso than whatever is going down in the comics. The other day I was thinking about the reboot with Cavill & how that, in spite of the Suit issue, the impression I'm getting is that this version of Superman is gonna really be a 'force to be reckoned with', especially when Zod & company have pissed him off! But my thoughts also involved the use of KRYPTONITE.

You see, even though I like SMALLVILLE, I sometimes got sick to death of everyone & their cousin getting the jump on Clark because they suddenly had super-powers due to 'meteor rocks'. Even chicks for crying out loud! Or we saw Clark suddenly weakened by said substance & get man-handled by ordinary punks! And remember that still-birth known as SINGERMAN? We had ol' BJ suddenly weakened by K & flipped threw the air by ordinary goons! Then to add insult to injury he was 'given the shaft' by Kevin Spacey! So my point is that even though the use of the substance may be necessary to a point, I also feel like it's sometimes over-used to the point of being absurd.

Think about it. Shouldn't it actually be kind of rare in a sense? So even though it may exist & harm Superman, you've gotta find it first, right? Now I know Smallville had it due to the meteor shower but still they wore it out. And something else. In the KINGDOM COME story, I remember the aged version of Luthor stating that 'Kryptonite no longer affected Superman like it used to do'. It's like that Superman had gained an immunity over the years but why not? It sure beats the ridicule the character usually faces. Just imagine a villain wishing he could get his hands on the stuff but it not being within a million miles of their battle? Or even worse for him, Superman is immune! It certainly beats this statement:

I'M..........STILLLLL..........SOOOO-PERRR-MANNNNN!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 pm

non_amos wrote:thecolorsblend wrote:

Most of all, Superman isn't getting punked everytime he turns around. That would've been a dealbreaker. I'm sick to hell of Superman getting shat on just so some writer can fulfill his man-crush on [[insert character here]].

Actually this point is a concern for me in the Superman film franchise probably moreso than whatever is going down in the comics. The other day I was thinking about the reboot with Cavill & how that, in spite of the Suit issue, the impression I'm getting is that this version of Superman is gonna really be a 'force to be reckoned with', especially when Zod & company have pissed him off! But my thoughts also involved the use of KRYPTONITE.

You see, even though I like SMALLVILLE, I sometimes got sick to death of everyone & their cousin getting the jump on Clark because they suddenly had super-powers due to 'meteor rocks'. Even chicks for crying out loud! Or we saw Clark suddenly weakened by said substance & get man-handled by ordinary punks! And remember that still-birth known as SINGERMAN? We had ol' BJ suddenly weakened by K & flipped threw the air by ordinary goons! Then to add insult to injury he was 'given the shaft' by Kevin Spacey! So my point is that even though the use of the substance may be necessary to a point, I also feel like it's sometimes over-used to the point of being absurd.

Think about it. Shouldn't it actually be kind of rare in a sense? So even though it may exist & harm Superman, you've gotta find it first, right? Now I know Smallville had it due to the meteor shower but still they wore it out. And something else. In the KINGDOM COME story, I remember the aged version of Luthor stating that 'Kryptonite no longer affected Superman like it used to do'. It's like that Superman had gained an immunity over the years but why not? It sure beats the ridicule the character usually faces. Just imagine a villain wishing he could get his hands on the stuff but it not being within a million miles of their battle? Or even worse for him, Superman is immune! It certainly beats this statement:

I'M..........STILLLLL..........SOOOO-PERRR-MANNNNN!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
I don't mean that stuff specifically. You call it Animated Justice League Syndrome, where some powerful super thug crashes into the room and INSTANTLY takes Superman out "to show how badass he is"... which inevitably leads to some fucking second stringer (and let's face it, compared to Superman, EVERYONE is a second stringer) saving the day... with the implied "no thanks to Superman" shit followed up.

Yeah, you've got points in everything you say but Clark/Superman getting kicked around a little because of Kryptonite is one thing*. Getting his nuts revoked by some blowhard B-movie reject all so Red Arrow or some other fuckwit can come to the rescue is bugs the piss out of me and has ruined a lot of otherwise enjoyable storylines for me over the past bunch of years.

* And before anyone says anything, there's a world of difference between "Clark/Superman getting kicked around a little because of Kryptonite" and bullshit Singerman. Being exposed to that amount of Kryptonite should've killed Singerman. Period. But assuming he was somehow capable of moving under his own power (as Singerman obviously was), Superman would've fought back against Spacey's thugs. Maybe he'd lose the fight in the end but he'd make a good accounting of himself. He'd go down swinging. As no less than Grant Morrison said, Superman wouldn't do the Catholic suffering servant thing Singerman did and just lay around and take it. He'd get at least a few good shots in. Count on it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Marvel Comics back on top, and only after three CLOSE months:

Bleeding Cool

Marvel Takes Back Marketshare Lead From DC Comics In December 2011
Written on January 3, 2012 by Rich Johnston in Comics, Recent Updates

In September, DC Comics took back marketshare from Marvel Comics. This gave DC the lead in both dollars spent and the number of comics bought in the North American direct market. And October and November only consolidated that position as market leader.

In December, however, Marvel seem to have clawed some of that back. They still don’t have the lead they enjoyed earlier in the year, but it’s a sign of the market normalising slightly. It’s also a sign of Marvel pushing out product for all five weeks of December, while DC let the fifth week go with hardly any comics out at all. Marvel started to close the gap in November, this allowed them to completely close it.

Marvel rose from 33.3% to 34.43% of dollars spent in December 2011, while DC fell from 34.69% to 33.74%.

And for the number of comics bought, Marvel led again increasing from 37.94% to 39.05% against DC falling from 39.66% to 37.72%.

This seems to be following Bleeding Cool’s earlier analysis, of the market settling down with Marvel still in the lead, but enjoying much less marketshare than they used to, with a far healthier DC Comics in second place – and sales overall being up on a year ago.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Marvel Comics back on top, and only after three CLOSE months:

Bleeding Cool

Marvel Takes Back Marketshare Lead From DC Comics In December 2011
Written on January 3, 2012 by Rich Johnston in Comics, Recent Updates

In September, DC Comics took back marketshare from Marvel Comics. This gave DC the lead in both dollars spent and the number of comics bought in the North American direct market. And October and November only consolidated that position as market leader.

In December, however, Marvel seem to have clawed some of that back. They still don’t have the lead they enjoyed earlier in the year, but it’s a sign of the market normalising slightly. It’s also a sign of Marvel pushing out product for all five weeks of December, while DC let the fifth week go with hardly any comics out at all. Marvel started to close the gap in November, this allowed them to completely close it.

Marvel rose from 33.3% to 34.43% of dollars spent in December 2011, while DC fell from 34.69% to 33.74%.

And for the number of comics bought, Marvel led again increasing from 37.94% to 39.05% against DC falling from 39.66% to 37.72%.

This seems to be following Bleeding Cool’s earlier analysis, of the market settling down with Marvel still in the lead, but enjoying much less marketshare than they used to, with a far healthier DC Comics in second place – and sales overall being up on a year ago.
Not that this would've necessarily been the magic bullet but I have to wonder how much more interest would've been generated had DC set up a hard company-wide reboot. As it is, the New 52 inspires more of a vulture type of approach of picking through the targeted books to find out what's new/changed therein rather than investing in the entire line as a completely new entity.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Caught that last night myself woot for marvel. Lets see where dc is again in just a few more months. Sure they did great for first few months of relaunch but its not going to last forever.

Also in other things dc has released the name of that mysterious purple clad lady who has appeared in the relaunched books:
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/01/03/dc-comics-hooded-lady-pandora/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
DC Comics' Mysterious Hooded Lady is Now 'Pandora'
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

DC

We can officially stop calling the cosmic lurker that's been popping up in every "New 52" book since the end of Flashpoint "The hooded lady in pink/red/purple." According to DC Comics' The Source blog, "Her name is Pandora." That's all DC is saying so far, meaning it's up to fans to continue searching for clues about her identity and what it might mean for the fabric of reality. CA contributor John DiBello kicked around a few possibilities regarding just who and what the character might be early in the game, but it seems increasingly unlikely that Pandora is a character fans have seen before, unless either the obscure Pandora Pann is getting a revival or Pandora Radio has unorthodox product placement plans.

Back in November, Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani presented one possible I.D. for Pandora in the pages of their self-contained Tiny Titans title. In their world, Ambush Bug used the costume as an opportunity to explain the concept of continuity (and why it's sometimes best to stop worrying and love the bomb, so to speak). Something tells me that scenario isn't in the cards for DC's main line, however.

Check out a full image of Pandora below:

[Via The Source]

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/01/03/dc-comics-hooded-lady-pandora/#ixzz1iVphtQXs
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Good find, webhead. Methinks Pandora is a back door in case they need to undo the New 52. Dan DiDio or some nitwit went on the record around the time the last issue of Flashpoint came out saying that if DCnU doesn't work, they'll go with a stronger reboot... begging the question of why they didn't run with a stronger reboot to begin, but I'll spare you.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Totally agree there colors. Why half ass it. You planning a relaunch either clean slate it all or not do it. At all. But I agree they could probably make the lady be some magical wand change things back device.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am

I've got the perfect idea & I'd guess that DC has already thought of it. You don't need some lady with a magic wand or whatever. All you need is this:

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 3 Superb10

YESSS, boys & girls! All DC needs is, you guessed it. SUPERBOY-PRIME! (Wall sold separately).

Because this is what he'll do:

General DC Relaunch Thread (including FAQ) - Page 3 Superb11

DC, make out the check to my real name & send it to the address I'll provide via e-mail. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:39 am

To this day, it blows my mind that someone wrote that line, someone else reviewed it, someone else "edited" it, someone else approved it, someone else printed it and someone else bought it.

It just boggles the mind, you dig what I'm saying?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 am

But on that note, what do you expect? I mean, Superman, whether 'Prime' or the real one, has constantly been pictured with glowing red eyes & a simultaneous evil demonic appearance. I remember AP spoke about this look previously, possibly in jest, but referring to this look as an 'unshaven brute'. So I guess 'killing' goes hand-in-hand with that. And remember INFINITE CRISIS? When Superboy-Prime first arrived back on Earth, he literally knocked that tiger chick's head off, gore & all! And DC approved this too! But this was supposedly an accident. However, afterward he really turned evil!

Man! It's enough to make you homesick for the 70's era huh?! Proud
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

non_amos wrote:Man! It's enough to make you homesick for the 70's era huh?! Proud
Absolutely, the 70's comics ROCKED. Very underrated period, if you ask me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Man! It's enough to make you homesick for the 70's era huh?! Proud
Absolutely, the 70's comics ROCKED. Very underrated period, if you ask me.

And comics in the 70's, whether Superman or not, were simply good! Take the Superman comics for example. Many of the stories were 'one-shots' so to speak. Now I'm not saying that there wasn't any continuity. I remember Clark Kent being a reported for that TV station run by Morgan Edge who as far as I know wasn't a criminal then. I also seem to remember this being an ongoing thing. However, what I'm getting at is this. You didn't need a continual 'crisis after crisis', multiple 'tie-ins' & such & you didn't have to buy multiple titles in a particular series just to enjoy the stories. And not only did they consistently have good stories, the comics were cheap too! Whatever happened to this industry anyway?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm

non_amos wrote:And comics in the 70's, whether Superman or not, were simply good! Take the Superman comics for example. Many of the stories were 'one-shots' so to speak. Now I'm not saying that there wasn't any continuity. I remember Clark Kent being a reported for that TV station run by Morgan Edge who as far as I know wasn't a criminal then. I also seem to remember this being an ongoing thing. However, what I'm getting at is this. You didn't need a continual 'crisis after crisis', multiple 'tie-ins' & such & you didn't have to buy multiple titles in a particular series just to enjoy the stories. And not only did they consistently have good stories, the comics were cheap too! Whatever happened to this industry anyway?
Back then, a lot of comics had circulations somewhere in the middle or upper hundred thousands. It was mostly newsstand stuff. Drugstores, gas stations, etc. Starting in the early 80's though, the direct market (comics shops) became a bigger part of the business model. Comics went from being more of a hobby to, I dunno, a geek fetish. This audience wasn't satisfied with one shots each month. They had more sophisticated tastes. The comics companies bowed to that need and thus you have comics with storylines spread over multiple issues far more frequently. As you say, it wasn't unheard of before but it wasn't necessarily the norm either.

This, I think, is the main reason for the success of trade paperbacks. They're sold at Barnes & Noble and they typically have a beginning, middle and end; very convenient for casual shoppers who would never darken the door of a comic book shop.

I think the times they are a-changin' though. Disney bought Marvel and, surprise surprise, you're starting to see Marvel books in places like Toys R Us and whatnot. I think the newsstand sales market will come back to some degree or another. The comics companies will then need to placate that audience and so I think you'll see a return to more self-contained/one shot stories.

Something has to give though. DC, for example, can't satisfy the direct market (give me huge, sprawling storylines), the Barnes & Noble shoppers (give me a trade with a clear beginning and end point) AND the retail market (give me a one-and-done 22 pg comic). Even so, a workaround could be using multiple titles. You could use, say, Batman for one-shot stories and then use Detective Comics (or whatever other title) to do tie-ins for the latest crossover they're doing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:To this day, it blows my mind that someone wrote that line, someone else reviewed it, someone else "edited" it, someone else approved it, someone else printed it and someone else bought it.

It just boggles the mind, you dig what I'm saying?

It reminds me of a line from 'Hot Shots! Part Deux:

"Now I will kill you until you die from it!"

But 'Hot Shots!' was intentional.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:29 am

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dc-comics-raise-batman-and-detective-comics-399-green-lantern-combo-pack-announced
DC Comics To Raise The Price Of Some Comics
The New 52 sees some price increases. Six books are slated to go up in price this year. Is your favorite on the list? Hit the jump for details.
Thorverine - 1/6/2012 Batman and Detective Comics are making the jump to $3.99, but the page count is upped to a whopping 40 pages (up from the previous 32).

Justice League, Action Comics, All-Star Western and Men of War are going to be a member of DC's $3.99 group. DC is still "holding the line at $2.99" on other 32 page comics.

John Rood, DC's executive vice president of sales, marketing and business development, said that there was a good reason for the price and page change - a "story reason" that has yet to be announced.

In addition to this news, DC will now be offering new "combo packs" for Green Lantern and Detective Comics. GL will be priced at $3.99, with Detective and Batman at $4.99. The combo packs and subsequent price increases will snag you a coupon for the digital copy of the book.

Both Detective and Batman are off to great starts. The exciting part of all of this, price increase aside, is the "story reason" for the additional page count. I don't know if they will tie in at all, both books have Batman at different points, but a big story is more than likely coming. The price increases for the other books may just be that, but with the Bat books it looks like it's part of a larger arc. What do you think? Sound off below
Source: CosmicBookNews
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:26 pm

I'd be lying if I said I saw the GL/Detective combo pack coming but the price increase? The "holding the line at $2.99" bit wasn't going to last forever. It seems DC is promoting Action Comics more than Superman so it stands to reason that it would go up to $3.99. Ditto Justice League and some of the other big sellers.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

And here is the start we will probably see sales slip slip and slip away for dc.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Six New 52 Titles are being cancelled and replaced by six other titles.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-bob-harras-new-52-second-wave-12-01-12.html

- Earth 2 by writer James Robinson and artist Nicola Scott, detailing the life of the JSA as they collide "with other worlds;"

- Worlds' Finest by writer Paul Levitz and artists George PĂ©rez and Kevin Maguire, which details the life of Earth 2 heroes Helena Wayne and Karen Starr as they are stuck on "our Earth," seemingly meaning the main New 52 Earth;

- While Earth 2 is now confirmed, and DC did talk about "parallel worlds," DC would not confirm to Newsarama that there are 52 worlds. But the company's continuing use of the number "52" would suggest they're sticking with that number in the DCnU, as would the already announced upcoming Morrison mini-series Multiversity.

Bob Harras: One of the things that was especially gratifying with the launch of the New 52 was that people really were excited about being able to jump on, learn about these characters, feel like they were in there from the beginning. And what the second phase is is really world-building and really expanding on the universe, building on what's gone before, taking core DC concepts and kind of like burnishing them and re-presenting them for 2012.

Earth 2 has been such a part and parcel of DC mythology that we thought this would be a great place to bring it back. And because a lot of story and a lot of characters have been discussed since the beginning, since before the launch of the New 52, we had discussions: What would it mean if there was an Earth 2 out there? What storylines would this bring to us? What drama? What tension? And that's one of the reasons we went in that direction.

At the end of the day, we said, this brings us a lot of potential dramatic story. That's really the reason we went for it.
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-new-52-new-titles-120112.html

The Earth 2 creative team is James Robinson and Nicola Scott, seemingly confirming that this is the Justice Society series by the pair announced last August. World's Finest will be written by Paul Levitz and illustrated by the rotating art team of George Perez and Kevin Maguire, and depict Huntress and Power Girl as Earth 2 exiles stranded on "our world."

The article did not reveal full creative teams for each of the series, but disclosed that Earth 2 "features the return of the fan-favorite Justice Society," suggesting that it may be connected to the Justice Society project by James Robinson and Nicola Scott that was announced last year. World's Finest was also said to take place on a parallel Earth, and star The Huntress and Power Girl.
I'm probably most interested in Worlds Finest and Earth 2. I've been following the Huntress miniseries, the latest issue of which implied that Batman and Catwoman are once again Helena's parents. Beyond that, somebody (DiDio? Harras?) said that the Huntress miniseries would begin answering the questions people have about Earth 2. Apart from the aforementioned latest issue though, I haven't really noticed that happen.

Don't understand why "Worlds Finest" is being used as the title though given the connection specific to Batman and Superman that the title has always had.

As to Earth 2, I could go either way about it. Part of me likes having the Justice Society of America as part of the main universe/Earth 1. But at this point, the only way to really make that happen is to go Smallville-style with it and update their story to Vietnam or something as WW2 vets are just too old nowadays. And the JSA really benefit from having the connection to WW2 specifically, if you ask me. So there are advantages to either approach.

I suspect I'll be checking out both books.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next