Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things 'Smallville'

+5
thecolorsblend
Father Finian
webhead2006
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 7 Empty Re: All Things 'Smallville'

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 16, 2012 2:04 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Yes. It's right up there with one of my favorite sequences such as the ending of "Covenant", despite my loathing of the black costume.
I rather like it. I wouldn't want it to EVER become a permanent thing because The Suit is a classic for a reason. But the way SV used that black outfit, yeah, I seriously enjoyed it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 am

Gave me too much of a MATRIX vibe. While I wasn't crazy about the red leather jacket he sported on the following season, I wasn't too bothered either plus it resembled some of the 90s Superboy stuff too which I thought was neat.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks colors it is a cool cover.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Just tried posting a video I uploaded awhile back. I've been here for 7 days, so I figured I might be able to. But I still get the 7 day notice when I attempt to post a link. Is it 7 days after joining or 7 days after my account got activated? Either way, it's fucking annoying. I even tried PMing my post to Puncher again, but I'm still restricted on that. UGH.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Just tried posting a video I uploaded awhile back. I've been here for 7 days, so I figured I might be able to. But I still get the 7 day notice when I attempt to post a link. Is it 7 days after joining or 7 days after my account got activated? Either way, it's fucking annoying. I even tried PMing my post to Puncher again, but I'm still restricted on that. UGH.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Just put the link in the body of the PM. Don't use any of the tags above^^.

Should work.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Post it in a PM like this, and it SHOULD work this time:

ht tp: // ww w.youtube.com/?tab=w1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Here's a clip I uploaded awhile back.

Mark Verheiden was one of the show's better writers and this is an example of his writing is why I thought the early seasons were superior, along with other writers like Jeph Loeb who made some great contributions during those years. Character stuff like this holds my interest far more than a gimmicky DC guest star of the week. This to me sums up Lex Luthor, a guy who tries so hard to be the man of the people and wants to help humanity reach its potential but when someone mocks him and his triumphs in front of his face or a guy like Superman steals the spotlight, he loses sight, lets his anger out then his ego blows up. It's moments like this that really make you understand why he becomes the man he will become in Superman's time.[b]

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri May 18, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADMIN: Added video.)
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks AP.

And to add more: Rosenbaum is fucking awesome in that scene.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:29 am

So issue 2 came out yesterday. Did any pick it up? I was able to pick it up and read it. Another nice issue and good work. I like the development lex is getting and the story with hank. Also love the story about swann and star labs. Some sweet connections there to the past.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 am

webhead2006 wrote:So issue 2 came out yesterday. Did any pick it up? I was able to pick it up and read it. Another nice issue and good work. I like the development lex is getting and the story with hank. Also love the story about swann and star labs. Some sweet connections there to the past.
I've been following the digital releases but, good as #1 was, #2 was better. That fucktard over on the Eunuch page has been talking the comic down as much as he can. He's a lot like Neal Bailey, only less so. Prick. How can someone with absolutely no interest in Superman review a Superman comic? Idiots.

But anyway. The final page has me interested in the confrontation between Superman and Lex. I mean, yeah, we got that conversation between Clark and Lex but a real out-and-out, face-to-face conflict between Superman and Lex was something that always held a lot of promise and emotional content in the Smallvilleverse. Or promised to anyway. Oddly enough, this is one thing the comic may fail at. With the show, the characters can emote, pause and do other things that are a lot harder to pull off even in a visual medium like a comic book. All the same, I'm looking forward to it. Seriously digging this series.

And no, the irony isn't lost on me that the only Superman comic I'm enjoying right now is based on a property that a lot of Superman-illiterate fuckwits insisted destroyed the mythos.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I too can't wait to see the lex/superman confrontation. Like you said it should be good. Plus I do really like the plot with wiping lex mind actually caused him to get wiser/smarter. That should be a fun aspect for the book to go with. I am also curious to see who is the suited female who landed in smallville. As for the knucklehead folks against sv, and from smhp site they are all complete and total moroons.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=61475

COMICS: Batman Joins The Smallville Universe In Issue #5
Get your first look at Smallville Season 11 #5 storyline called "Detective" that will feature The Dark Knight himself. Check out details after the jump and share your thoughts.

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 7 WfRL6

Cover not final. Colors will be added

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #5

Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER

Art and cover by CHRISCROSS and MARC DEERING

On sale SEPTEMBER 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

• These stories are in print for the first time after appearing online.

• SUPERMAN comes face-to-face with high-tech weapons on the streets of Metropolis.

• The hunt for his parents’ killer puts a vigilante known only as “the BATMAN” on a collision course with The Man of Steel…

I am extremely excited to finally get to see Batman in Smallville after tons of teases in past seasons. What do you think about Bruce Wayne finally joining the Smallville cast?
Source: Bryan Q Miller
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm

What do I think?

Well, for starters, I'm sick to fuck of Batman. I'm sicker still of the annoying tendency to shoehorn him into every goddamn comic book on the market. I'm sick of his asshole devotee followers. I'm sick of the tendency to always make Batman the coolest motherfucker in the room everywhere he goes. I think I don't want to see Batman in Smallville- season 11. I think I'd rather he be left the fuck out entirely. To the extent seeing Bruce/Batman in the SV universe was ever exciting, it was only when the show was on the air and probably not at all interesting as a concept after, oh, maybe season 6 or 7. I stopped giving a shit after that. Apart from that stuff, the dude's got 9 billion monthly titles, a new movie on the way, that Earth One shit at some point or another and, hell, probably another solo cartoon show before too long. Enough's enough! Let it the fuck go already!

That's what I think.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Well great to hear batman is coming soon. I am curious to see how bqm will write him for sv book.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61713

COMICS: Stephanie Brown Joins Batman In SMALLVILLE But Not As Robin
And if you think she's Spoiler or Batgirl, you're also mistaken. She's.....Nightwing? Find out more about Smallville Season 11's Batman and Nightwing after the jump.

Don't shoot the messenger....

While I'm sure fans of Stephanie Brown are thrilled to see her return to the world of comic books (even if it's not in the main DC universe) I'm sure they would prefer it in one of her traditional incarnations. Prior to the DCnU, Brown started out as Spoiler before becoming Robin and then eventually Batgirl. Well in the Smallville Universe, Stephanie Brown is none of those, she's Nightwing. That does means she was probably Robin at some point in her costumed career unless Smallville is totally reinventing the wheel and there's no way they'd do that, right....? Writer Bryan Q. Miller, who 'coincidentally' wrote a 2009 Batgirl series starring Brown has the following to share on this development---

"Bruce can be somewhat of an angry man. Stephanie's personality is so can-do and unsinkable and bright, so it's very much on purpose on Bruce's part that he has a good cop going out on patrol with him every night." (Miller says it will eventually be addressed as to why Stephanie is Nightwing in this comic and not Batgirl.)

Batman and 'Nightwing' will make their debut in Smallville Season 11 in the fourt part arc titled "Detective" this August, and then in print in September. Snarkiness aside, good writing can make any new interpretation of a comic book character seem "brilliant" and "cutting-edge" so I'll probably pick up the title and check it out. But god help DC and this title if it's simply more of the derivative drivel that the television churned out in it's later seasons.

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 7 120614mag-Smallville1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 am

Rolling Eyes
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Costume still looks odd. Really wish the bat symbol wasn't so large looking. And curious move going with female sidekick for sv universe. I hope bqm has a good story to tell with them.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61713

COMICS: Stephanie Brown Joins Batman In SMALLVILLE But Not As Robin
And if you think she's Spoiler or Batgirl, you're also mistaken. She's.....Nightwing? Find out more about Smallville Season 11's Batman and Nightwing after the jump.

Don't shoot the messenger....

While I'm sure fans of Stephanie Brown are thrilled to see her return to the world of comic books (even if it's not in the main DC universe) I'm sure they would prefer it in one of her traditional incarnations. Prior to the DCnU, Brown started out as Spoiler before becoming Robin and then eventually Batgirl. Well in the Smallville Universe, Stephanie Brown is none of those, she's Nightwing. That does means she was probably Robin at some point in her costumed career unless Smallville is totally reinventing the wheel and there's no way they'd do that, right....? Writer Bryan Q. Miller, who 'coincidentally' wrote a 2009 Batgirl series starring Brown has the following to share on this development---

"Bruce can be somewhat of an angry man. Stephanie's personality is so can-do and unsinkable and bright, so it's very much on purpose on Bruce's part that he has a good cop going out on patrol with him every night." (Miller says it will eventually be addressed as to why Stephanie is Nightwing in this comic and not Batgirl.)

Batman and 'Nightwing' will make their debut in Smallville Season 11 in the fourt part arc titled "Detective" this August, and then in print in September. Snarkiness aside, good writing can make any new interpretation of a comic book character seem "brilliant" and "cutting-edge" so I'll probably pick up the title and check it out. But god help DC and this title if it's simply more of the derivative drivel that the television churned out in it's later seasons.

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 7 120614mag-Smallville1
I've always liked Stephanie so I'm okay with this. I do love watching Apologists and Nolanites shit themselves over it though. I guess it's perfectly okay to make Henri Ducard an alias for Ra's al-Ghul but don't you dare mess with their Dick!

I think the easy answer here is that there's already a Batgirl in the mix and they want to leave that open for her. But they probably don't want to call Stephanie "Spoiler" either because that moniker has come to mean something else these days. So all that leaves on the table is Nightwing in terms of familiar names.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 am

Why does Batman have such a freaky looking costume?! drunken
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am

non_amos wrote:Why does Batman have such a freaky looking costume?! drunken

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's Halloween and he decided to dress up... silent
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:45 pm

I would prefer if its just some sort of special armor suit for a specific reason. But probably isn't. I hope it grows on me once we get more images of it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm kind of fed up with that Year One'ish type suit so what I've seen of this one doesn't bug me too much.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 pm

BQM on Batman for Smallville Comic:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62068
Bryan Q. Miller On Nearly Using Batman In SMALLVILLE And His SEASON 11 Introduction

Bryan Q. Miller was a writer and executive story editor on Smallville and has recently taken on the challenge of writing the Season 11 comic book. Here he talks about whether or not Batman was ever going to be introduced in the TV series,his role in this series and much more. Josh Wilding - 6/20/2012

Talking to Comic Book Resources, Bryan Q. Miller has talked revealingly about just how close we came to seeing Batman's small screen debut in Smallville and goes into great detail about his upcoming introduction in DC Comics' digital series, Smallville: Season 11. He also mentions that Vandal Savage was another character who almost turned up in the show and comments on both how the Caped Crusader's appearance would have differed from this series to the TV show and why he ultimately decided to use Stephanie Brown as Nightwing rather than any of the other well-known sidekicks. For more, be sure to click on the link below to read the interview in full.

On Whether There Were Ever Any Serious Discussions About Including Batman In The Smallville TV Series:

I don't think we actually ever got down the road with what the story would be, but at the beginning of each season -- especially in the latter years, after DC Entertainment formed --there was always that hope that it would happen. "Maybe we'll get to do Batman this year." And then inevitably, it was like, "No, sorry. No Batman this year." We'd have that with certain characters every now and again. We'd ask if we could do something with a character but he or she would be tied up with a feature or something else. A lot of ducks had to get in order for that to happen. At one point, we almost had a Vandal Savage episode -- it was the one that we had with Dean Cain -- and literally at the last minute, features said, "We have a feature in development." It was years ago when I think New Line had something cooking, so we had to change it to a generic character named Curtis Knox and it was inferred that he was probably Vandal Savage. Stuff like that would come up all the time, not just with Batman.

On Whether The "Detective" Arc In Smallville: Season 11 Would Have Been The Same In The TV Series:

I think just from a basic logistical standpoint, yes. The four-part story "Detective" that we're doing is an action movie, essentially. It's "Lethal Weapon," it's "Bad Boys," it's a buddy cop movie with Bruce and Clark as they go through the adventure. And it gets exponentially bigger and bigger and bigger as we go along through the four issues. So again, from that standpoint, no, we could not have come close to telling this story on "Smallville." Maybe, maybe, there is an action sequence that ends the first 30 pages and starts the second 30 that would have probably been the culmination of what we could have afforded to do with the Blur and Batman on "Smallville" at that point, but not the whole thing. From an emotional standpoint, there is certainly a character journey that Batman goes on when he comes to Metropolis, which is definitely, I think, what we would have done with him on the show. But it's certainly not anything that we planned to do because we never got that far down the road.

On How Long The Batman In Smallville: Season 11 Has Been Operating And His Different Costume:

Batman has been doing the Batman thing for probably a couple years longer than Clark was doing the Blur thing. I would say age-wise Bruce is on par with Oliver and Lex, if not slightly older than the two of them. He has definitely been rooted in his war on crime for a while. The first bunch of designs and pages we got in featured very fierce line work, and that works because, specifically, at the beginning of the story, Batman is in a very intense place. I think Cross definitely brings his artistry to the project. He's also a big fan of the show, so he certainly knows the look of the show and the approach to "Smallville" storytelling. His action is great. As for the design of the armor, a lot of that is Cross and the rest of it is story-dictated. This is a Batman that has been doing this urban warfare for a while, and he is not wet behind the ears. He knows what it takes to get the job done and he has a lot of money to spend on it.

On Deciding To Use Stephanie Brown As Nightwing:

From a writer's standpoint, I felt I couldn't get any deeper into this without having Stephanie somewhere. This is the Stephanie that people who read "Batgirl" came to know and love. Not much of her has changed. She's just wearing a different costume. Choosing Nightwing as opposed to Robin just seemed like the nice kind of take we'd have done on the show so it's not exactly the same thing as the comics because there are a bunch of other comics where you can get that. We're doing our own take, which isn't too far from, in quotation marks, "how it's supposed to be," but it's our little corner of the world.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Season 11 (digital) #9. One byproduct of the weekly release thing is the screwed up pacing. It feels like it's been a bunch of issues since the lurker in the field was introduced. But, no, just one full issue. True, we don't have any resolution as to that person's identity even still (some people think it'll be Lana; hell if I know) but it's wasn't that long ago he/she was introduced.

Anyway. Apart from that, #9. It's funny, I probably have a reputation as this big Smallville apologist. Well, if that means I give/gave the show a fair shake, sure. But that hardly means I'm onboard with every single little subplot that comes along. A good example here is Tess Mercer. Frankly, I would've been fine if she'd been dead, buried and forgotten after 10.22- Finale. Her "ghost" or whatever the fuck that is... I don't need it, I don't want it and I'm not enjoying it. It's not enough to ruin the series for me, you understand, I'm just not hip to what's happening with it.

Another minor quibble is Emil Hamilton. The series established him as a fairly young, good looking, dark haired guy in glasses. Was never hip to that either but whatever. It's done. But drawing that type in a comic book means you have someone who looks a bit too much like Clark. You want to know why we have those supposedly "annoying" text labels? Well, apart from keeping things reader-friendly (which I'm never opposed to), it helps keep things straight between Clark and Emil.

Not much to say about this "issue". It's mostly expository. Yeah, you have the opening page or two with Superman and Lois sharing a sweet, tender moment (which I really liked, btw) but in general this thing is about positioning this character or that subplot. It's more mechanical in nature. That's how this type of writing is done, particularly in a "season premiere" (which is what the Guardian storyline essentially is). So this angle doesn't really bother me so much.

As for goings on with Hank Henshaw... I like it. No, it's not how the comics did things exactly but there's resonance there. In his origin story, Henshaw at one point possessed/assembled a robot. This is somewhat harmonizes with that. I say all this because I'm sure this some asswipe Apologist douchebag out there having a conniption fit over what he thinks Henshaw's origin story is and I want to forearm you guys against this type of stupidity. Trust not what any Apologist says. Verify everything... even if they tell you the sky is blue.

Not that the bar is set very high anymore but this is easily the best Superman comic coming out these days.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

New Detective Cover:

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 7 Qhw9Y
http://blueskybriccabraq.squarespace.com/blog/2012/7/9/information-attack-smallville-season-11-6.html

Art by JAMAL IGLE
Cover by MICO SUAYAN

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next