Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod

+8
kivara
gadhero
Father Finian
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
superman1938
12 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Empty Re: Michael Shannon Cast As Zod

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 am

non_amos wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Cellophane

All I see is 'Image Hosted By Tripod'. Is there supposed to be an image here?

There IS an image there. I can see it in both my post, and YOUR response. But I fixed it with another link so maybe your computer can see it.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 am

thecolorsblend wrote:...

What the fuck is it going to take give Zod a shave already?

Heat vision and a piece of Superman's rocket?
Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 SupermanShaving
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:58 am

Yeah, I see it now, thanks! But Rduce is right, none of that in this film!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:49 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Shannon's Zod in a black body-suit that looks VERY familiar:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46413

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 8986765555
Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 9989887

And he has facial hair.

Well I certainly wasen't expecting this! First they say Shannon was going to wear a mo-cap suit which indicate that Zod's woredrobe will be in CGI now we see that Shannon is wearing a black suit with the same design as the supersuit which kind of confirms that the supersuit is indeed Kryptonian origin which would explain why it look so alien like. And speaking of Kryptonian military suits... I think that idea was taken from "Birthright" as you can see...

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Krypto10

And as for Shannon having a goatee not so surprising since I did preached that Zod was more recognizable in the media with facial hair than the one from the silver age comics all thanks to Terrence Stamp's top notch portrayal!

Also, since the black suit will obviously sport a symbol of it's own then this is what it'll most likely look like...

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Zod_sy10

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well I certainly wasen't expecting this! First they say Shannon was going to wear a mo-cap suit which indicate that Zod's woredrobe will be in CGI now we see that Shannon is wearing a black suit with the same design as the supersuit which kind of confirms that the supersuit is indeed Kryptonian origin which would explain why it look so alien like. And speaking of Kryptonian military suits... I think that idea was taken from "Birthright" as you can see...

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Krypto10

And as for Shannon having a goatee not so surprising since I did preached that Zod was more recognizable in the media with facial hair than the one from the silver age comics all thanks to Terrence Stamp's top notch portrayal!

Also, since the black suit will obviously sport a symbol of it's own then this is what it'll most likely look like...

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Zod_sy10

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 12171296
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Wow, someone ELSE repeating something already stated and acting like they were the first? Shocking!

And am I taking crazy pills, or does Shannon's goatee look NOTHING like Stamp's beard? I mean, how does anyone make that connection?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Oh, you noticed his "Rank"!

He deserves it, doesn't he?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm

As for any symbol on zod black outfit i do hope it is the Z logo i do really like that Zod symbol. As for the black suit and superman suit they probably will play it off as military wear or just kryptonian fashion. Like someone said here i believe and i saw on another board if zod shows up before clark is superman. Maybe zod does give him outfit saying its an honner thing/ was something Jorel wore. Or maybe the FOS is able to create attires? Either could turn out to be alright as long as it written well. As for Shannon sporting a goatee, i dont have much problem with it. I am glad it isnt a full beard like stamp had and clean shaven would have been fine too. I am not to worried about shannon's zod right now from all the comments we have heard from him with him not copying stamp take on character and how he wants to make his zod different. Hopefully his zod is one of the break out characters from the film. Like hiddleson(spelling?) loki was in Thor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Wow, someone ELSE repeating something already stated and acting like they were the first? Shocking!
Seriously. Kinda makes you wonder that some folks don't bother reading this stuff before they reply.

Incidentally, did you notice Shannon has facial hair? Very Happy

And am I taking crazy pills, or does Shannon's goatee look NOTHING like Stamp's beard? I mean, how does anyone make that connection?
Not a clue. For starters, Stamp had a full on BEARD.

And in case I've been somewhat vague here, what annoys me is the presence of facial hair. The dude ought to be clean shaven. (A) That's how he was in the comics for decades and (B) that's kinda sorta what any branch of the armed service is all about. A friend's brother is in the Marines and he said NOBODY is stupid enough not to shave so he honestly doesn't know what would happen under those circumstances... but he figured he'd (A) be forced to shave and (B) be forced to run shitloads of laps... and not necessarily in that order. He said it wouldn't be a huge surprise if similar, ah, discipline may be visited upon the other guys in basic as well for that one guy's error... so God have mercy on the unshaven dude once it's night time... because his comrades probably won't.

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Well, with posts of THAT caliber...

webhead2006 wrote:As for the black suit and superman suit they probably will play it off as military wear or just kryptonian fashion.

Okay, is this all an elaborate prank? Are we in an echo chamber here or are you guys involved in a complicated conspiracy to repeat each other? Yes, I realize I said this on the previous page... but I acknowledged that someone around here said it ages ago. And I'm 99% sure it wasn't you. And I'm 100% sure I said it before you.

I honestly don't know if this next bit has come up yet or not so, to everyone in general, indulge me here on some conjecture. What if we don't see the usual Clark Kent with glasses bit in this movie? Not because that concept is being deleted from this version of Superman entirely (as some people really are freaking out about; because, y'know, this movie doesn't have enough to worry about, no no, we have to invent more shit). If this is a "debut of Superman" story, perhaps you've got Clark bumming around Metropolis and looking for a job like we've seen in tons of comics over the years (MOS, World of Metropolis, arguably Birthright, definitely Earth One, implied in the 1938 Action Comics #1, etc), he becomes Superman and, in the latter part of the film, develops the glasses stuff as a disguise.

I try not to refer to that as "Metropolis Clark" as I've only seen mostly Apologists say that shit and I don't want to be lumped in with them on anything. But anyway. So there you go.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Seriously. Kinda makes you wonder that some folks don't bother reading this stuff before they reply.

Got THAT right.

Incidentally, did you notice Shannon has facial hair? Very Happy

I did not know that.

Did you know he has a goatee?

Not a clue. For starters, Stamp had a full on BEARD.

My point exactly.

Uh-oh, you too?????? Excited

And in case I've been somewhat vague here, what annoys me is the presence of facial hair. The dude ought to be clean shaven. (A) That's how he was in the comics for decades and (B) that's kinda sorta what any branch of the armed service is all about. A friend's brother is in the Marines and he said NOBODY is stupid enough not to shave so he honestly doesn't know what would happen under those circumstances... but he figured he'd (A) be forced to shave and (B) be forced to run shitloads of laps... and not necessarily in that order. He said it wouldn't be a huge surprise if similar, ah, discipline may be visited upon the other guys in basic as well for that one guy's error... so God have mercy on the unshaven dude once it's night time... because his comrades probably won't.

Clean-shaven would have been MY take, but I think Snyder and the Bros. Warner are trying to get "Joe Average" into the theater too, so they want to get them to say "Oh, ok. General Zod, I remember him".

Well, with posts of THAT caliber...

Indeed.

Okay, is this all an elaborate prank? Are we in an echo chamber here or are you guys involved in a complicated conspiracy to repeat each other? Yes, I realize I said this on the previous page... but I acknowledged that someone around here said it ages ago. And I'm 99% sure it wasn't you. And I'm 100% sure I said it before you.
Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Punkd1

I honestly don't know if this next bit has come up yet or not so, to everyone in general, indulge me here on some conjecture. What if we don't see the usual Clark Kent with glasses bit in this movie? Not because that concept is being deleted from this version of Superman entirely (as some people really are freaking out about; because, y'know, this movie doesn't have enough to worry about, no no, we have to invent more shit). If this is a "debut of Superman" story, perhaps you've got Clark bumming around Metropolis and looking for a job like we've seen in tons of comics over the years (MOS, World of Metropolis, arguably Birthright, definitely Earth One, implied in the 1938 Action Comics #1, etc), he becomes Superman and, in the latter part of the film, develops the glasses stuff as a disguise.

I try not to refer to that as "Metropolis Clark" as I've only seen mostly Apologists say that shit and I don't want to be lumped in with them on anything. But anyway. So there you go.

If you had super-powers, never got tired, were "faster than a speeding bullet" and needed a job in a big city, wouldn't bike messenger be right up your alley? Until you got the job you wanted, of course.

And how many people will see Superman up-close enough to say "Hey, isn't that the bike messenger that passed me by three weeks ago??"?

Zero.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Okay, is this all an elaborate prank? Are we in an echo chamber here or are you guys involved in a complicated conspiracy to repeat each other? Yes, I realize I said this on the previous page... but I acknowledged that someone around here said it ages ago. And I'm 99% sure it wasn't you. And I'm 100% sure I said it before you.

Actually nobody is trying to steal your thunder by taking credit for a theory that you have INDEED started first, I'm pretty sure of that! The only reason why we're reiterating whats already been stated is because we happen to agree to it and somehow show some identification that we aleast have the same opinion in which you should be greatful for. Now if only somehow you can return the favor!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Actually nobody is trying to steal your thunder by taking credit for a theory that you have INDEED started first, I'm pretty sure of that! The only reason why we're reiterating whats already been stated is because we happen to agree to it and somehow show some identification that we aleast have the same opinion in which you should be greatful for. Now if only somehow you can return the favor!

Actually you are.

See most people, when they agree with someone's assertion, will EXPAND on it and NOT just mimic it without quoting the person who said it. By refusing to do so, you are making it seem like you were the only person to notice or state it. You weren't. If YOU can't see why it's an issue, that's YOUR problem.

No one else's.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Okay, is this all an elaborate prank? Are we in an echo chamber here or are you guys involved in a complicated conspiracy to repeat each other? Yes, I realize I said this on the previous page... but I acknowledged that someone around here said it ages ago. And I'm 99% sure it wasn't you. And I'm 100% sure I said it before you.

Actually nobody is trying to steal your thunder by taking credit for a theory that you have INDEED started first, I'm pretty sure of that! The only reason why we're reiterating whats already been stated is because we happen to agree to it and somehow show some identification that we aleast have the same opinion in which you should be greatful for. Now if only somehow you can return the favor!
Steal my thunder? WTF?! I JUST FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGED THAT SOMEONE SAID IT BEFORE I DID. I don't remember who, when or where. Maybe non_amos (if that even is his real name), Finian (before his hissy fit) or someone else. I'm 98% sure it wasn't Puncher and 99% sure it wasn't me. Could've been you for all I know. But someone suggested it and, to acknowledge and to then expand on it, I mentioned that theory is strengthened by GENERAL Zod wearing a body suit in some ways similar to Superman's.

It wasn't my theory. Without using pictures, I'm not sure how much more obvious I could've made that. I only ever brought it up in the first place so that maybe someone else would run with the idea a little bit more. Instead, we're setting here debating semantics over who's a bigger nitwit- me for not remembering or you for being illiterate.

Yeesh!!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:42 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

While you are correct in your reasoning. I submit to you, how do we really know what Krypton’s army standards really were, especially when you are dealing with an egotistical demigod? Just because the United States armed forces do not allow facial hair this is not the case for all armed services world wide and let us face the facts the U.S. Marines are fanatical, thankfully so.

The entire persona of ZOD is entitlement while rules and laws do not pertain to him. Look up the term megalomania and it should show a picture of ZOD! I think that this is why in the present he is portrayed with a mutineer likeness of which facial hair seems to fit the persona.

Personally, I am disappointed with the use of him again. It is a premise that could have waited or abandoned altogether, I mean once you have found a way to defeat your own kind, how is any other imposing villain considered threatening? ZOD and company would have made for a nice final film in the trilogy.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:38 am

Well we still have the likes of doomsday, darkseid, and a few other huge villains that could give superman some trouble. I still would have loved either metallo earth bound film, or brianiac for first villain for this series. But now we can just hope they will be in sequel/forshadowed for appearances later. I do hope this zod story works out for the best and we get a good film out of it.

With all the talk we have been doing about zod and facial hair, i was wondering if any one had photos of zod in all his incarnations from begining to present day? I would love to see how zod character has changed through the yrs. I only have seen a few myself.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Steal my thunder? WTF?! I JUST FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGED THAT SOMEONE SAID IT BEFORE I DID. I don't remember who, when or where. Maybe non_amos (if that even is his real name), Finian (before his hissy fit) or someone else. I'm 98% sure it wasn't Puncher and 99% sure it wasn't me. Could've been you for all I know. But someone suggested it and, to acknowledge and to then expand on it, I mentioned that theory is strengthened by GENERAL Zod wearing a body suit in some ways similar to Superman's.

I'm thinking that Webhead first suggested it but I may be wrong. I've also kinda thought that AP may have suggested it but you said he probably didn't. I do know it wasn't me.

non_amos (if that is indeed my real name)

Real name is *********. Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:49 pm

webhead2006 wrote:With all the talk we have been doing about zod and facial hair, i was wondering if any one had photos of zod in all his incarnations from begining to present day? I would love to see how zod character has changed through the yrs. I only have seen a few myself.

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Images10

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Images11

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 Untitl11\

Michael Shannon Cast As Zod - Page 5 20100510

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for a few photos.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 am

nice interview even though shannon wasnt able to say much on mos.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 pm

I love Michael Shannon's attitude 10,000,000 times more than Tom "Bane-y Me" Hardy's:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=47740

On director Zack Snyder:
Shannon says director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) "makes it a lot of fun. He runs a real loose set no matter how much pressure he might be feeling because of the budget and the expectations ... It's a lot of pressure. People have a lot of expectations."

On fanboys and set photo leaks:
"The thing I've learned about the fanboys is that they don't wait for you to be prepared for anything. They're already in the bushes, snapping photos of us and putting them online and dissecting the whole thing. But I think that kind of enthusiasm is great. It's better than nobody caring. You put all that work into something and everybody yawns or nobody bothers to come to the theatre -- that would be a lot more difficult to deal with."

On what he's reading to prepare for the role of General Zod:
"I'm reading Ulysses S. Grant's memoirs. I'm reading those, trying to see what it's like to wake up everyday in those shoes," he says of the Civil War general and 18th U.S. president.

"For me, (Zod) is a very complex character. He doesn't have horns coming out of his head; he's not breathing fire. He's a citizen of a different civilization. He's from another planet. That's a lot to wrap my head around. And he's a general too. I've done a lot of military-themed work, but I've never been higher than a sergeant, so it's quite a promotion."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Great comments from him.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:36 am

You can't put a price tag on that kind of positivity and professionalism.

But then, what else were we expecting from Michael Shannon? It's not like I know the guy or anything but apparently his reputation in the industry is pretty much what those comments there would suggest. He brings dedication, hard work and a good attitude with him day in and day out. It's not glad-handing or "office politics" with him; he really does feel that way.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 am

thecolorsblend wrote:You can't put a price tag on that kind of positivity and professionalism.

But then, what else were we expecting from Michael Shannon? It's not like I know the guy or anything but apparently his reputation in the industry is pretty much what those comments there would suggest. He brings dedication, hard work and a good attitude with him day in and day out. It's not glad-handing or "office politics" with him; he really does feel that way.

And like was already pointed out, he doesn't have Tom Hardy's attitude!

This really is good to see. I know I've pointed it out before but look back over the years. For every actor who actually seems to appreciate the comics characters, it seems like there's so much more who have total disdain for it. Or partial disdain at least. We had Josh Hartnett who was GLAD he didn't do Superman. We had Ashton Kutcher who quoted 'the Superman curse'. I'm sure there are others too if I really took time to think about it & I'm sure I'll remember some later.

But look at the Marvel films for example. You have actors who are ENTHUSIASTIC to play the roles! And it's not just the 'unknown quantities' like Chris Hemsworth. I wouldn't call SAMUEL L. JACKSON unknown, would you? And look at this guy who is on a roll, Jeremy Renner. Didn't he win some awards or something for HURT LOCKER? But here's the dude wanting to be HAWKEYE! And just look what this genre did for the career of Robert Downey, Jr.!

I liked Ed Norton in the last HULK film but it does appear that he ended up being a bit of a 'prima-donna' in the end. But this Mark Ruffalo guy is embracing it! And for past history, we know that both Michael Keaton & Jack Nicholson appreciated the genre but I'm not sure I can say the same for Christian Bale. Is it just a paycheck with him or what?! Bale, you'll never be Keaton, NEV-AHHH! And I think it's safe to say that Christopher Reeve certainly appreciated his fanbase.

One way to look at this is with George Reeves. I recall reading somewhere, probably online, that he wasn't particularly crazy about playing Superman because he wanted to further his career & not be typecast like he was. However, as I understand it, he still didn't diss his fanbase! He 'grinned & bared it' or whatever but obviously he was cordial about the whole thing, especially with the kids.

Not that's class!

Last edited by non_amos on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down