Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role?

+3
superman1938
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
7 posters

Go down

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? Empty Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/viggo-mortensen-superman-villain-161432
Viggo Mortensen on Warners' Radar for 'Superman' Villain (Exclusive)Producer Christopher Nolan and direct Zack Snyder eye actor as "person of interest" for reboot.
February
4 comments 9:03 PM 2/25/2011 by Borys Kit
shareComments 35
Kevin Winter/Getty ImagesNow that British hunk Henry Cavill is set to play the Man of Steel, the search is on the fill out the rest of the cast of Warner Bros.' big-budget Superman reboot. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that producer Christopher Nolan and director Zack Snyder are zeroing in on an intriguing actor to play the villain: Viggo Mortensen.

Mortensen, who is still in negotiations for Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman, is said to be at the top of the list to play General Zod, the evil and super-powered scientist first introduced not in the comic books but in 1980's Superman II. Terrence Stamp originated the role. If Mortensen's Snow White deal doesn't close, that would potentially free him up to make Superman. Or Universal and Warner Bros. could work out his schedule and enable him to do both.

Sources say no talks have commenced and that Mortensen is just a "person of interest," much like Kevin Costner is for the role of Jonathan Kent. The actors aren't the only ones considered for their respective roles, though they are the ones most seriously talked about.

Snyder is in the midst of meeting actors for not only the role of Zod and Kent, but the three female parts well. Given the Nolan pedigree with the Batman films and the tenpole nature of a Superman film, the roles are considered some of the hottest and most-desired in town.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? Empty Re: Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm

I have a feeling I'll be RIGHT again with my prediction.........
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? Empty Re: Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm

probably so ap, i dont mind the character of zod. And if viggo was picked he is a solid choice in my book. Though i rather would want to have a villain we havent had on screen yet. More so with this being possibly the last chance with superman if things dont get better with the whole copyright stuff. But cant wait to see what ultimately happens.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:06 am

I always thought that Viggo would have been a good choice for Jor-El
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 am

superman1938 wrote:I always thought that Viggo would have been a good choice for Jor-El

I've never really put much thought into who could or should be Jor-El, or Lara, or even Perry White. But IF Jor-El is going to be in it, I think Jim Caviezel is the perfect choice.
Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? Jim%20Caviezel-2

Why is he perfect, you say?

Because he has already played Henry Cavill's pappy on film:
Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? 2-book-monte-cristo-art-gvbb358a-1the-count-of-monte-cristo-2-large-jpg-large
'The Count of Monte Cristo' (2002)

Plus, he just has the right "look".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 am

*sigh* Between S2, the comics lately and SV last year... do we REALLY need to see Zod again???
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:52 am

no we dont lol, but maybe they will have a few villains in the film. like it was in the nolan batman movies. So zod isnt the only one. personally i wouldnt mind if they did a brainiac/zod pairing.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:10 am

thecolorsblend wrote:*sigh* Between S2, the comics lately and SV last year... do we REALLY need to see Zod again???

The Bros. Warner have never tried anything original with big-screen Superman. Why start now?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:36 am

ha so dam true really how hard is it for brainiac, metallo, heck even mxy, or any load of other top superman villains. All i would like to see if a character who hasnt had the chance on big screen.

http://www.moviehole.net/201137399-west-hollywood-resnorter-viggo-the-superman-villain#
In there story here about viggo it looks like daniel day-lewis is being looked at too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 pm

webhead2006 wrote:ha so dam true really how hard is it for brainiac, metallo, heck even mxy, or any load of other top superman villains. All i would like to see if a character who hasnt had the chance on big screen.

http://www.moviehole.net/201137399-west-hollywood-resnorter-viggo-the-superman-villain#
In there story here about viggo it looks like daniel day-lewis is being looked at too.

Yeah, I don't see Daniel Day-Lewis playing a part in a superhero movie these days.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05 am

Ya I don't either, from what I read about the guy. He picks his films very carefully. Though I know he has been a fan fav for casting lists. Plus is a good actor. So I wouldn't mind if he did do a cbm one of these days.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 am

My memory is fuzzy on this but didn't Singer originally want Zod in Singerman? And didn't he want Jude Law in the role?

Compared to that stupidity, Viggo Mortensen is downright INSPIRED casting (if it's true).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:My memory is fuzzy on this but didn't Singer originally want Zod in Singerman? And didn't he want Jude Law in the role?

Compared to that stupidity, Viggo Mortensen is downright INSPIRED casting (if it's true).

That was a rumor back in the "SupermanV.com" days. How true it REALLY was, I have no idea.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I still remember Viggo as Lucifer in "The Prophecy". Very creepy.

As someone who knows Satan personally, he did a very realistic job.......

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 am

thecolorsblend wrote:My memory is fuzzy on this but didn't Singer originally want Zod in Singerman?

Actually he did, he originally try to bring Zod into the equation but only wanted Jude Law to play the role and since he couldn't get'em Singer decided to re-write the script and film the movie without him. I also wonder if SR would have turn out aleast slightly better than how it already turned out if they had Zod in it but some how thats doubtful!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I also wonder if SR would have turn out aleast slightly better than how it already turned out if they had Zod in it but some how thats doubtful!

Nah, because Singer would have brought a WHOLE NEW MEANING to the term "Kneel Before Zod".

Brrr, scary....

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:My memory is fuzzy on this but didn't Singer originally want Zod in Singerman?
Actually he did, he originally try to bring Zod into the equation but only wanted Jude Law to play the role and since he couldn't get'em Singer decided to re-write the script and film the movie without him. I also wonder if SR would have turn out aleast slightly better than how it already turned out if they had Zod in it but some how thats doubtful!
How much better could it have possibly been if pretty boy Jude Law had been locked in "titanic battle" with Blandon The Metrosexual? To me, that seems like a lateral move as compared to what we got, at best.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 am

thecolorsblend wrote:How much better could it have possibly been if pretty boy Jude Law had been locked in "titanic battle" with Blandon The Metrosexual? To me, that seems like a lateral move as compared to what we got, at best.

Here's a little "preview" of what it would have been like:

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? 021109-slap-fight1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:27 am

Or this...

EDIT- Had it been any other Superman actor, it probably would've gone a little more like this.

What that guy lacks in flash and style, he more than makes up for in kicking the shit out of multiple attackers at the same time.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 am

Again, more action in those clips than two and a half hours of Singerman

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Viggo Mortensen up for Villain role? Empty RE: Viggo Mortensen up fro Villain role?

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is indeed fact or just more speculation:

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/ruffalo-ready-to-hulk-out/story/across-the-universe/

"Editorial opinion department: In case you haven't seen this report from Heatvision, director Zack Snyder is apparently highly interested in having Viggo Mortensen play the villain in Snyder's "Superman" reboot. And that villain's name? General Zod. So that confirms it: The sixth "Superman" film in the last 33 years will feature a villain already seen in the first two pictures (Lex Luthor still has Zod beat with four appearances). While the idea of Mortensen playing the despotic Kryptonian general actually sounds incredibly cool from a casting point of view, we have to wonder just what story Snyder and writer David Goyer intend to tell. If it follows the recent "World of New Krypton" story line from the comics -- where Zod tests Superman's loyalty to the surviving members of the Kryptonian race -- that could be worthwhile. But if this is going to be a souped-up rehash of "Superman II," consider us less enthusiastic (not to mention we still pine for Brainiac as the villain). As a man said at the beginning of this article, only time will tell ..."

Obviously the article starts out with the HULK info but go to the end for the SUPERMAN info. So is Zod indeed the confirmed villain?! I've not seen any confirmation at SHH or duh Homopage. Mixed feelings on this. Thoughts?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Ya I too haven't seen anything else of late about viggo/zod rumors since his name first poped up. I do hope we get something more then just zod. But even if zod is the villain there is different stuff they can do with him so we don't reharsh sm2. More so if some other stuff happen like brianiac working with zod. I hope we get villain casting confirmed soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am

Looks like viggo could be back in the running:
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/viggo-mortensen-ducks-away-from-snow-white-and-moves-towards-superman-13026
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down