Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

+3
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
non_amos
7 posters

Go down

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Empty Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165385-faora-a-villainess-in-man-of-steel

Faora a Villainess in Man of Steel?
by SuperHeroHype
Apr 14th, 2011
And what might Krypton look like?

Latino Review has posted bullet list of rumors about Zack Snyder's Man of Steel that they say came from a solid scooper:

Here is what my source told me:

- You will see JOR-EL and his wife, Lara.
- Daniel Day-Lewis was looked at for JOR-EL and not the villain.
- Krypton will not be a crystal planet like the Donner film; this Krypton will PROBABLY look like the Coruscant skyline from Star Wars.
- The Kryptonian villainess is not URSA...Well sort of. The villainess is FAORA.

In the movies Superman and Superman II, the female Kryptonian villainess URSA is based on Faora.

Also:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-man-of-steel-will-reveal-a-new-krypton-more-13234

So Ursa won't be used but rather the real villainess? Can we expect 'Non' to now be cast? What was his real name anyway? But I guess since Zod is the main villain, it stands to reason his 'crew' would be present also.

Good to here that 'Crystal Krypton' is history! Interestingly I don't see this reported yet at duh Homopage, at least it's not on the main page yet but it is at SHH & Latino Review. Hopefully this is a real scoop & not false info.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Empty Re: Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

Goddamnit, you beat me to it!!! Mad Mad Mad Oh well, moving on...

Well now that they announce that Faoru is the female villain or villainness to appear in the film we can all assume that she'll be Zod's right hand woman. Personally I can't be certain if this is either a good thing or a bad thing regarding to the annoucement of Zod being the villain which lead to many to believe the possibility of a "Superman II" rehash but aleast this is someone who is hail from the comics this time! But as I preached on another thread, they better come up with something different & unique that'll be distant to what "Superman II" have already achieve! Once again Synder, don't you dare screw this up!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And as for the announcement of Krypton being untirely different from the one in the Donner films thats definitly good news in my prespective since we're actually going to see a Krypton that is more of an inhabitable planet that has an atmosphere thats capable of becoming either day or night along with technological advances that far acceeds to what the human race on Earth has ever achieved rather than than being a planet that has a civilization made out of crystals with an atmosphere that is only pitch black with a red sun looming over it!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Empty Re: Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 am

Assuming there's any truth to that stuff... GOOD! The Krypton/Coruscant and Faora things line up with my sensibilities rather nicely. In fact, I think I even tossed out Coruscant as inspiration for Krypton in some thread or another.

As to Faora, talk about a psychotic, sadistic bitch. Chick's got issues. Her key defining element is that, unlike Ursa, she's anything but Zod's lackey.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Was just reading the news about an hr ago. First its nice to see they are/will do faoroa right. It is nice to see using the actual characters from the comics. Second as nice as the ice world krypton was it has been high time to see a new one. I do like the rumor/spoiler saying going star wars planets look. Definately what I think would be a solid look. As for the other stuff some cool stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

non_amos wrote:http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165385-faora-a-villainess-in-man-of-steel

Faora a Villainess in Man of Steel?
by SuperHeroHype
Apr 14th, 2011
And what might Krypton look like?

Latino Review has posted bullet list of rumors about Zack Snyder's Man of Steel that they say came from a solid scooper:

Here is what my source told me:

- You will see JOR-EL and his wife, Lara.
- Daniel Day-Lewis was looked at for JOR-EL and not the villain.
- Krypton will not be a crystal planet like the Donner film; this Krypton will PROBABLY look like the Coruscant skyline from Star Wars.
- The Kryptonian villainess is not URSA...Well sort of. The villainess is FAORA.

In the movies Superman and Superman II, the female Kryptonian villainess URSA is based on Faora.

Also:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-man-of-steel-will-reveal-a-new-krypton-more-13234
If this is true, WB's inclusion of those two episodes of S:TAS on the All-Star Superman Blu-Ray suddenly makes sense.
道
Target
Target

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Assuming there's any truth to that stuff... GOOD! The Krypton/Coruscant and Faora things line up with my sensibilities rather nicely. In fact, I think I even tossed out Coruscant as inspiration for Krypton in some thread or another.

As to Faora, talk about a psychotic, sadistic bitch. Chick's got issues. Her key defining element is that, unlike Ursa, she's anything but Zod's lackey.

I think if people are expecting Non to show up will be disappointed. It'll just be the two of them.

I think this Faora role would be right up Jessica Biel's alley. She has the looks and physicality necessary for the part.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Assuming there's any truth to that stuff... GOOD! The Krypton/Coruscant and Faora things line up with my sensibilities rather nicely. In fact, I think I even tossed out Coruscant as inspiration for Krypton in some thread or another.

I think if people are expecting Non to show up will be disappointed. It'll just be the two of them.

I think this Faora role would be right up Jessica Biel's alley. She has the looks and physicality necessary for the part.
I dunno, man. Faora is supposed to be a murderous ice queen. Even ZOD gets a little nervous around her. But for her media overexposure, Angelina Jolie might've been a good choice. But as it is, I'm still sick of seeing her everywhere so we need to find someone else who can play a really frigid bitch.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Something else, the Apologists? Most of them are shitting themselves over this. "Whaaa... no crystal Krypton? But THAT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!" Others are saying "no Silver Age stuff please". Because, y'know, Silver Age comics are the only place you can find air ships cruising around impossibly huge skyscrapers on a futuristic world.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9605#comments

As ever, anything that fucks up an Apologist's day is okay in my book.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I dunno, man. Faora is supposed to be a murderous ice queen. Even ZOD gets a little nervous around her. But for her media overexposure, Angelina Jolie might've been a good choice. But as it is, I'm still sick of seeing her everywhere so we need to find someone else who can play a really frigid bitch.

I would puke all over my keyboard if they cast Jolie. She really ISN'T that good of an actress, despite what the media keeps telling people.

I still say Biel, but I'm sure there are others that can play the part. Maybe Katie Cassidy from Season 3 of 'Supernatural'?
Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! SupernaturalRuby_1214365438
Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Katie-cassidy
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Something else, the Apologists? Most of them are shitting themselves over this. "Whaaa... no crystal Krypton? But THAT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!" Others are saying "no Silver Age stuff please". Because, y'know, Silver Age comics are the only place you can find air ships cruising around impossibly huge skyscrapers on a futuristic world.

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Charlie-sheen-winning
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Something else, the Apologists? Most of them are shitting themselves over this. "Whaaa... no crystal Krypton? But THAT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!" Others are saying "no Silver Age stuff please". Because, y'know, Silver Age comics are the only place you can find air ships cruising around impossibly huge skyscrapers on a futuristic world.

They have also said that a a crystalize Krypton is more alien like than a Coruscant like Krypton in which I some how beg to differ since a Coruscant like Krypton can provide a visual of what an extraterrestrial looking planet with extremely advance technology would really look like!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 am

I wouldn't mind biel or cassidy for faora.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Empty RE: Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Does anyone know if this little tidbit could possibly be true?:

#31 | Sabaoth on April 15, 2011 2:43pm EST
Faora is not the predecessor or inspiration of Ursa.
Faora first appeared in Action Comics #471 (May, 1977)

Superman I & II had already begun filming simultaneously in March 1977...

Cary Bates was probably guided by Julie Schwartz and Jeannette Khan (who likely had seen the movie scripts) to write Action Comics #471-473, and create Faora.

Ursa was the inspiration for Faora.

This rumor is total bull[censored]!

This comes from our own little neighborhood apologist Sabaoth. Anyone know if this could actually be true?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 pm

non_amos wrote:Does anyone know if this little tidbit could possibly be true?:

#31 | Sabaoth on April 15, 2011 2:43pm EST
Faora is not the predecessor or inspiration of Ursa.
Faora first appeared in Action Comics #471 (May, 1977)

Superman I & II had already begun filming simultaneously in March 1977...

Cary Bates was probably guided by Julie Schwartz and Jeannette Khan (who likely had seen the movie scripts) to write Action Comics #471-473, and create Faora.

Ursa was the inspiration for Faora.

This rumor is total bull[censored]!

This comes from our own little neighborhood apologist Sabaoth. Anyone know if this could actually be true?

http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Faora

Even the above link sites Faora as the "basis" for Ursa in the Superman films. If it was the other way around, why doesn't Faora look more like the film villain? Even at least the hairstyle?

He's an Apologist, and as such, his opinion doesn't mean DICK.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Read 'em and weep, Apologist douchebags; Faora's first appearance was in Action Comics #471, May 1977. How and why would Julie Schwartz dictate to Cary Bates what type of character to write just to tie in with a movie? And *IF* he had... why not go the full nine and USE THE SAME FUCKING NAME?!

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:24 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Read 'em and weep, Apologist douchebags; Faora's first appearance was in Action Comics #471, May 1977. How and why would Julie Schwartz dictate to Cary Bates what type of character to write just to tie in with a movie? And *IF* he had... why not go the full nine and USE THE SAME FUCKING NAME?!

Doesn't anyone else find it funny that an admitted Apologist is complaining about UN-ORIGINALITY?
Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Pot-meet-kettle
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:08 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Read 'em and weep, Apologist douchebags; Faora's first appearance was in Action Comics #471, May 1977. How and why would Julie Schwartz dictate to Cary Bates what type of character to write just to tie in with a movie? And *IF* he had... why not go the full nine and USE THE SAME FUCKING NAME?!

Doesn't anyone else find it funny that an admitted Apologist is complaining about UN-ORIGINALITY?
Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Pot-meet-kettle
You kidding? They don't even know what the fuck they want!

Apologist douchenozzle wrote:#18 | Supereyes on April 15, 2011 2:43am EST
Please don't tell me they're going back to the origin, with Zod, Faora and a Non-type character, only a different Krypton. STM is a classic. That was the Superman movie, this should be a new Superman movie, but respectful of the original movie, so don't do the origin. Doesn't matter if this Superman isn't related to the CR Superman movies, it doesn't mean they have to go way back to Krypton. Flashbacks would be alright, showing the scenes and history or Krypton through Superman's training would be alright.

We know the origin story, people who don't like Superman might think this is lame, because just about everyone can tell you Superman is from Krypton and grew up in Smallville.

We need something new and refreshing. Batman Begins was sort of another origin but it was done in a different way, they didn't go way back to Bruce's childhood, they showed it through flashbacks.

Also, people have a different preference for Krypton, since there's no general agreement to what it looks like. The crystal planet could just be updated with more stuff. They've one this in STM, Smallville and SR, so it should stay that way.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9605#comments

To summarize, we need something "new and refreshing" that's just like the "original".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:15 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
You kidding? They don't even know what the fuck they want!

Apologist douchenozzle wrote:#18 | Supereyes on April 15, 2011 2:43am EST
Please don't tell me they're going back to the origin, with Zod, Faora and a Non-type character, only a different Krypton. STM is a classic. That was the Superman movie, this should be a new Superman movie, but respectful of the original movie, so don't do the origin. Doesn't matter if this Superman isn't related to the CR Superman movies, it doesn't mean they have to go way back to Krypton. Flashbacks would be alright, showing the scenes and history or Krypton through Superman's training would be alright.

We know the origin story, people who don't like Superman might think this is lame, because just about everyone can tell you Superman is from Krypton and grew up in Smallville.

We need something new and refreshing. Batman Begins was sort of another origin but it was done in a different way, they didn't go way back to Bruce's childhood, they showed it through flashbacks.

Also, people have a different preference for Krypton, since there's no general agreement to what it looks like. The crystal planet could just be updated with more stuff. They've one this in STM, Smallville and SR, so it should stay that way.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9605#comments

To summarize, we need something "new and refreshing" that's just like the "original".

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Herp-Derp-zerp-derp
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:02 am

I still see no bloody problem with zod or having origins retold. This is a new take on the characters so its timeto see why things are different and all that. Heck look at all superman toons/shows they all done origins here and there and each have there place. So doing it again isn't a problem.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?! Empty RE: Faora the NEXT Villain?! A New Krypton?!

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I still see no bloody problem with zod or having origins retold. This is a new take on the characters so its timeto see why things are different and all that. Heck look at all superman toons/shows they all done origins here and there and each have there place. So doing it again isn't a problem.

Yeah, duh apologists whine because what DONNER created was ICONIC. Yeah, I don't deny that but..........how long ago was that? December 1978. When does THE MAN OF STEEL come out? December 2012. For duh apologists (herp.....derp), how many years is that, boys & girls? 34 YEARS!!!!! Less time than that passed between the end of the GEORGE REEVES TV SHOW & the Donner/Reeve film. Even the film had its' critics due to the TV show, & ain't it good we didn't have the Internets back then huh?! But CHRISTOPHER REEVE won people over, we all know that!

The point is, that 34 years at this point may as well have been a LIFETIME! And although 'iconic' the 1st film is, is it impossible to improve upon that?! And many of today's kids think Superman is boring & irrelevant. I say time to make him relevant again! If that takes bringing everyone 'up to speed' so to speak, what's wrong with that?! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Yup non its time to bring superman to the forfront and why he is the greatiest/first hero.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

non_amos wrote:The point is, that 34 years at this point may as well have been a LIFETIME!

Gee, thanks very much, you whippersnapper!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 pm

non_amos wrote:And although 'iconic' the 1st film is, is it impossible to improve upon that?!

Do what Snyder seems to be doing and do a new take on it. Look at the "improvements" Singer brought to the Donnerverse. Why bother?

I agree though, it is vital that the new film has nothing to do with the Donnerverse IMO, but forget notions of trying to "improve" a classic film. Maybe I am showing my age but I think it's always worth remembering that to many of us "oldies" Christopher Reeve is iconic, and will always be remembered as Superman no matter who or what comes next.

For instance:My enjoyment of Lois & Clark, Smallville or any of the animated features/series is not dulled or soured by memories of Reeve or STM, whereas I obviously still hold Singer and his boys in absolute contempt for what they tacked on and for having the gall to cast a plank of homosexual wood to play Christopher Reeve playing Superman.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Father Finian wrote:
non_amos wrote:And although 'iconic' the 1st film is, is it impossible to improve upon that?!

Do what Snyder seems to be doing and do a new take on it. Look at the "improvements" Singer brought to the Donnerverse. Why bother?

I agree though, it is vital that the new film has nothing to do with the Donnerverse IMO, but forget notions of trying to "improve" a classic film. Maybe I am showing my age but I think it's always worth remembering that to many of us "oldies" Christopher Reeve is iconic, and will always be remembered as Superman no matter who or what comes next.

For instance:My enjoyment of Lois & Clark, Smallville or any of the animated features/series is not dulled or soured by memories of Reeve or STM, whereas I obviously still hold Singer and his boys in absolute contempt for what they tacked on and for having the gall to cast a plank of homosexual wood to play Christopher Reeve playing Superman.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm no longer exactly 'young' myself but not really old either. I'm Diane Lane's age. But I don't really look my age. But anyway.....

Also, I'm not suggesting that they 'improve' Superman by changing him.....like Singer did. I'm not even suggesting that they change him. I'm basically saying to do Superman with the true spirit of Superman, like is in the comics sometimes. John Byrne rebooted Superman in 1986. He may have had some radical ideas but somehow it resonated with the fanbase, such as 'Businessman' Luthor. But I think what Byrne did wasn't so much change Superman like later efforts did (electric Supes anyone?). I think he tried to capture the spirit of Superman. Now, even Byrne was influenced by the 1st Donner film to some degree. I believe that's why he went with the really 'cold antiseptic' look of Krypton, like in the film, although he did his own version. But I think we could agree that even Donner to some extent 'got' Superman because of his own actions. He didn't want a 'buffoon Superman film' like duh Salkinds likely would've produced if they'd entirely gotten their own way. I read they wanted either Paul Newman, Burt Reynolds, etc., to play Supes. Donner felt it should be an 'unknown' because, I mean, Newman was so well known that the audience wouldn't even see Superman, they'd see Paul Newman. Duh Salkinds also wanted to have TELLY SAVALIS (Kojak) on a street corner saying, "Who loves ya baby?" while Superman flew by. So although I may not know all of the events surrounding Donner's 'firing', I think you could say there were 'creative differences'.

The problem today though is that many people can't get past those films, including Singer. I agree S:TM is a classic. However, we need something new today, not a 'changed' Superman but rather, a new starting point. With today's FX, if the story is solid & the suit doesn't suck & the acting is great, they could literally knock this thing out of the ball park! And frankly that's what I want. I guess you could say capture the 'spirit' of Superman in this reboot. Definitely get rid of the crystals & all of that stuff but still stay true to Superman. I guess you could say, not really changed but true to character.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 am

non_amos wrote:I'm Diane Lane's age. But I don't really look my age.

So YOU reckon!

I think we're all on the same page here. But yeah, obviously they must stay true to the character, otherwise make your own super hero. Like Singer should've

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down