Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Should Play 'Faora'?

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Empty Who Should Play 'Faora'?

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 am

Anyone have any suggestions or actresses they want to see?

I like Jessica Biel, but wouldn't mind at all if Lucy Lawless got the part:
Who Should Play 'Faora'? Lucy+Lawless+2011+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+3+VxlNIEJT2sXl

Tell me you couldn't see her playing the part?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Empty Re: Who Should Play 'Faora'?

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone have any suggestions or actresses they want to see?

I like Jessica Biel, but wouldn't mind at all if Lucy Lawless got the part:
Who Should Play 'Faora'? Lucy+Lawless+2011+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+3+VxlNIEJT2sXl

Tell me you couldn't see her playing the part?
They could do worse, let's face it. Faora's a tricky part. Ursa was pretty much always a Zod groupie. Where ever he went, she'd follow. But Faora? She does her own thing, she's a complete sicko (a martini and slowly torturing men to death is how she unwinds after a long day... of torturing men to death without a martini), she's gorgeous but a sadistic killer, etc. You have to find someone who's pretty to look at but has a very icy facade and, beneath all that, is a fucking MURDERER.

Sorry but you're probably not going to get that from some early 20-something starlet, you know?

So yeah, Lucy Lawless is probably your best bet.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:12 am

Watch this:

Lucy Lawless would be excellent.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 am

don't know who to go with if they where looking for! 20/30something. But if they where to go older. Would definately be up for lucy. Really loved her in xena back in the day.. plus she did well as bad guy in no oridinary family. Plus she is still pretty rocking looks wise. Just wondering how old is shannon?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Michael Shannon is 36. Lucy Lawless is 43.

Similar to the Cavill/Adams age difference, so it works.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Taylor Cole would be cool good choice.
Who Should Play 'Faora'? 90317

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Early 20-something starlet? Check.

Babyfaced? Check.

Me having without any fucking idea why you suggested her? Check.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Cole would be nice. And thanks ap for ages of shannon and lucy.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, not sure why you would pick her out of thin-air like that? Nothing here: IMDB indicates that she would be good for the role.

And webhead, what would EVER make you think that she "would be nice"?????
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm

I have seen a little of her if I am Thinking of right person and she wasn't that bad. But someone like lucy would be a better option and brings in her fans.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:17 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Faora's a tricky part. Ursa was pretty much always a Zod groupie. Where ever he went, she'd follow. But Faora? She does her own thing, she's a complete sicko (a martini and slowly torturing men to death is how she unwinds after a long day... of torturing men to death without a martini), she's gorgeous but a sadistic killer, etc. You have to find someone who's pretty to look at but has a very icy facade and, beneath all that, is a fucking MURDERER.
Tricia Helfer. Cylon number 6 from the reimagined Battlestar Galactica a few years back. She's a better bet than Lucy Lawless.

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Tricia_helfer_db6bc
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:50 pm

That would be a nice choice too. She was pretty good in bsg which lucy also guest star in.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 pm

道 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Faora's a tricky part. Ursa was pretty much always a Zod groupie. Where ever he went, she'd follow. But Faora? She does her own thing, she's a complete sicko (a martini and slowly torturing men to death is how she unwinds after a long day... of torturing men to death without a martini), she's gorgeous but a sadistic killer, etc. You have to find someone who's pretty to look at but has a very icy facade and, beneath all that, is a fucking MURDERER.
Tricia Helfer. Cylon number 6 from the reimagined Battlestar Galactica a few years back. She's a better bet than Lucy Lawless.

Love her. Very Happy

I suggested Taylor based on her performance in The Event, where she plays an assassin. She's 5'9 and pretty well built Smile, and not a bad actress.

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Empty RE: Who Should Play 'Faora'?

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 pm

I just thought of a possibility for Faora. She's old enough now to be taken seriously but still young enough to be hot. She's coming up on her 30th birthday. It's Summer Glau:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Glau

I know her from Terminator: the Sarah Conner Chronicles but she also played in a couple of sci-fi films called Firefly & Serenity which I haven't yet watched. On the Sarah Conner show, her acting seemed a little 'wooden' (but still better than King Plank himself, BJ). However, she was playing a Terminator, so you can argue that her behavior would be cold, uncaring, robotic, etc. Maybe in that sense she played her part well. Remember even Ah-nuld played his role like that in the 1st Terminator film & look where his career went! Since I haven't seen her other work this show is all I have to judge her by.....yet.

She's already played action parts like this so I think she could be worth considering. I don't know why I haven't already thought of it. Or if they wanted 'Faora' to be older, they could even use Lena Heady, the star of the show & if you think about it, she worked for Snyder in 300. Food for thought?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 pm

道 wrote:Tricia Helfer. Cylon number 6 from the reimagined Battlestar Galactica a few years back. She's a better bet than Lucy Lawless.

You are WAY off here. Lucy Lawless has a FAR LARGER "pedigree" for this type of role. Look at that video I posted of her CURRENT work, and tell me she wouldn't be an EXCELLENT choice as Faora.

And if you do, I'll laugh at you.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:You are WAY off here. Lucy Lawless has a FAR LARGER "pedigree" for this type of role. Look at that video I posted of her CURRENT work, and tell me she wouldn't be an EXCELLENT choice as Faora.

And if you do, I'll laugh at you.
Unless you plan on giving me a swirly too, I'm afraid you'd just be wasting your breath by laughing. This schoolyard tactic just wouldn't feel... complete without a swirly.

Lucy Lawless would do a good enough job, sure. But Helfer just plain outclasses Lawless in terms of acting ability. Go watch some BSG or season 2 of Burn Notice. Lawless has that "good Xena"/"bad Xena" thing to fall back on, but Helfer had to juggle something like four different versions of the same character in BSG and keep them all straight. The iciness and the cruelty that Helfer portrays in Burn Notice is less over-the-top than Lawless' work in similar situations, as well.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 pm

道 wrote:Unless you plan on giving me a swirly too, I'm afraid you'd just be wasting your breath by laughing. This schoolyard tactic just wouldn't feel... complete without a swirly.

I have a feeling you've had one or two in your lifetime.... But ask and ye shall receive:
Who Should Play 'Faora'? Swirly-guys

Lucy Lawless would do a good enough job, sure. But Helfer just plain outclasses Lawless in terms of acting ability. Go watch some BSG or season 2 of Burn Notice. Lawless has that "good Xena"/"bad Xena" thing to fall back on, but Helfer had to juggle something like four different versions of the same character in BSG and keep them all straight. The iciness and the cruelty that Helfer portrays in Burn Notice is less over-the-top than Lawless' work in similar situations, as well.

Outclasses her? Really? Man, HollyWeird is lucky YOU aren't responsible for picking talent.....

Lawless for the win.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Who Should Play 'Faora'? Swirly-guys
Yeesh, how emo and hipster do you have to be for other emo hipsters to give you a swirly?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:33 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yeesh, how emo and hipster do you have to be for other emo hipsters to give you a swirly?

Easy to answer:

See the guy on the right, and where his hand is? He's almost touching the guy's vagina.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Yeesh, how emo and hipster do you have to be for other emo hipsters to give you a swirly?

Easy to answer:

See the guy on the right, and where his hand is? He's almost touching the guy's vagina.
Of course, silly me, sometimes the answer is just staring you right in the face.

Yeesh, I'd love to meet the nitwit who took that picture. I mean, what, are only people with douchebag haircuts and "ironic" t-shirts allowed in that photoshoot? Welcome to the pussification of America.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
道 wrote:Unless you plan on giving me a swirly too, I'm afraid you'd just be wasting your breath by laughing. This schoolyard tactic just wouldn't feel... complete without a swirly.
I have a feeling you've had one or two in your lifetime.... But ask and ye shall receive:
Who Should Play 'Faora'? Swirly-guys
I have to congratulate you for once again reverting exactly to type. Bravo. You truly do know how to play the part of the schoolyard bully to perfection.

You gotta help me though, I'm a little confused. If you are giving me a swirly in that picture, obviously I'm the guy with his head above the toilet. But which one are you? I guess you'd be the one feeling on "my" junk? I mean, how else would you be able to make a statement about whether or not "I" have anything there? You'd need some kind of hard evidence to make that statement, like personal experience... wouldn't you? Yeah, you would. Because otherwise, you'd be using an Apologist tactic, basing your comments on "feelings" instead of proof.

Outclasses her? Really? Man, HollyWeird is lucky YOU aren't responsible for picking talent.....

Lawless for the win.
Oh man, great argument. Just fantastic. You got me there! Who knew that personal attacks could substitute for actually discussing the matter at hand?

Seriously, are you that insecure? Does your rep really hang in the balance that much while we're discussing the merits of Lawless vs. Helfer?
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 pm

道 wrote:I have to congratulate you for once again reverting exactly to type. Bravo. You truly do know how to play the part of the schoolyard bully to perfection.

Not hard to impress a moron, is it?

You gotta help me though, I'm a little confused. If you are giving me a swirly in that picture, obviously I'm the guy with his head above the toilet. But which one are you? I guess you'd be the one feeling on "my" junk? I mean, how else would you be able to make a statement about whether or not "I" have anything there? You'd need some kind of hard evidence to make that statement, like personal experience... wouldn't you? Yeah, you would. Because otherwise, you'd be using an Apologist tactic, basing your comments on "feelings" instead of proof.

You think FAR too "highly" of yourself, gimp.

Oh man, great argument. Just fantastic. You got me there! Who knew that personal attacks could substitute for actually discussing the matter at hand?

Seriously, are you that insecure? Does your rep really hang in the balance that much while we're discussing the merits of Lawless vs. Helfer?

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Boring_by_john_alan
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Not hard to impress a moron, is it?
Given that you modeled your online persona after the spawn of a damp locker room floor, I'd say you'd know the answer to that question better than I.

You think FAR too "highly" of yourself, gimp.
Hey, you chose the picture.

Here's another way it could've gone. After I made the comment about a swirly, you could've said, "Hey, y'know what? That's a little more intense than I meant it to be. You're taking that too personally. Let's just stick to Lawless vs. Helfer." And the conversation would've proceeded on from there.

Instead of defusing the situation, you escalated it. Y'see?

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Boring_by_john_alan
Easier to post an image than deal with the question about your rep hanging in the balance, huh?
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:37 pm

道 wrote:Given that you modeled your online persona after the spawn of a damp locker room floor, I'd say you'd know the answer to that question better than I.

Says the person who modeled THEIRS after Benedict Arnold.

Hey, you chose the picture.

I did indeed. And those with a sense of humor, and not a misguided sense of self-worth, saw the humor involved. You didn't.

Says a lot without you saying much.

Here's another way it could've gone. After I made the comment about a swirly, you could've said, "Hey, y'know what? That's a little more intense than I meant it to be. You're taking that too personally. Let's just stick to Lawless vs. Helfer." And the conversation would've proceeded on from there.

Which you didn't want to have happen, so what you created was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You started shit, I fired back. Just like you wanted.

Instead of defusing the situation, you escalated it. Y'see?

Games are for little girls. Are you a little girl?

Easier to post an image than deal with the question about your rep hanging in the balance, huh?

HAHAHAHAHA! Like I said, you think FAR too highly of yourself.

What you think of me means naught.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who Should Play 'Faora'? Empty RE: Who Should Play' Faora'?

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 pm

The stealth Homopage spy wrote:

"Given that you modeled your online persona after the spawn of a damp locker room floor, I'd say you'd know the answer to that question better than I."

AP, just what is he trying to say here?! The 'spawn of a damp locker room floor'?! I don't get it. Is he talking about the pic in your avatar, which I assume he is? To me, the pic looks a lot like Johnny Cash but I don't ever remember seeing such a pic of him 'flipping the bird'. So just what is he getting at exactly?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next