Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casting Lois Lane

+2
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Casting Lois Lane - Page 2 Empty Re: Casting Lois Lane

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:05 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Yup. And to your question, I saw The Devil Wears Prada, Get Smart, bits of Brokeback Mountain and bits of the Princess Diaries. Probably a few other odds and ends too that I can't remember.

In each, she either comes off as "sweet and cute" or else "sweet and cute but trying not to be".

So. You saw Get Smart, and thought she came off as "cute"? Really?

Check out Havoc too.

I guess an analogy would be Meg Ryan in Addicted To Love. You ever see that? Basically Meg Ryan plays this tough chick in a leather jacket who's all jaded and whatnot... and in each scene, you just don't believe it.

I disagree.

Anne Hathaway hasn't built her career on "America's Sweetheart"-type roles like Meg Ryan has.

Kinda the same thing with Tom Hanks in Road To Perdition. He almost sells that "calculating murderer" bit in certain scenes but mostly you just see "Mr. Nice Guy Tom Hanks" no matter what his dialogue or given scene revolves around. The intended effect of him getting shot to pieces by Jude Law therefore plays a lot more tragically than I think the material deserves. Dude was a killer and he got killed by a killer. But since it's Forrest, you empathize more than you probably should.

Again, I disagree. I think Tom Hanks did an amazing job playing a character you don't really see him playing. He was cold, both to his son AND the mobsters, he was violent, and was NOT "funny" in the slightest.

And the way he was killed was played exactly how it should have been played. His son saw what happened, got his revenge IMMEDIATELY, then was able to move on with his life.

If she's cast, hey, there's every possibility Hathaway could surprise me and really sell the character as something other than the "sweet and cute" thing (Sandra Bullock did it in Forces of Nature)... but what I've seen her in so far, I just don't expect that to happen.

And just to put it all in perspective, I've seen more of Hathaway than I have of Armie Hammer.

I don't see what you see, obviously.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 am

Just to keep this thread full of Anne sexy goodness....

Anne in Havoc:

Casting Lois Lane - Page 2 Sexy
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:15 am

I haven't seen havoc yet how is it?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:25 am

webhead2006 wrote:I haven't seen havoc yet how is it?

It's decent.

You get to see a quite bit of 18 year old Hatha-boobage, and that ain't not bad.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:So. You saw Get Smart, and thought she came off as "cute"? Really?
I didn't buy her as the "tough" character she was supposed to be.

And since we're on the subject, parts of that movie just torqued me right off. Maybe I just spent too much time watching the show as a kid but the Barbara Feldon 99 was competent and accomplished but she didn't have this ridiculous chip on her shoulder. The Don Adams Max was clueless but he wasn't the idiot savant he was in the movie. I dunno. But anyway. Not the thread for that, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:32 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:I didn't buy her as the "tough" character she was supposed to be.

Ok.

And since we're on the subject, parts of that movie just torqued me right off. Maybe I just spent too much time watching the show as a kid but the Barbara Feldon 99 was competent and accomplished but she didn't have this ridiculous chip on her shoulder. The Don Adams Max was clueless but he wasn't the idiot savant he was in the movie. I dunno. But anyway. Not the thread for that, I guess.

Well, with Steve Carell you can't expect much. He was "hamming it up" as Smart, and wasn't good until the action scenes. Unbelievable as it may seem...

But Hathaway's 99 I think was supposed to represent the "modern" female, and how they would be as an agent.

I think she did just fine, and looked amazing doing it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:14 pm

so was over at superherohype and a few other entertainment sites. There is a story up about natalie portman dissmissing the rumors her name been up for lois and batman role. Though its a common thing alot of the bigger names do. Wouldnt mind if she was in superman or batman. But even if she was hired i dont think she would be able to do it now. Since she recently revealed she is pregrant and if she is only a few weeks known now, by the time both batman and superman are due to start production in may/june time frame she likely would be starting to show. But she is still a very good actress.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:27 pm

webhead2006 wrote:so was over at superherohype and a few other entertainment sites. There is a story up about natalie portman dissmissing the rumors her name been up for lois and batman role. Though its a common thing alot of the bigger names do. Wouldnt mind if she was in superman or batman. But even if she was hired i dont think she would be able to do it now. Since she recently revealed she is pregrant and if she is only a few weeks known now, by the time both batman and superman are due to start production in may/june time frame she likely would be starting to show. But she is still a very good actress.

You know, it's funny. Ever since I heard the story about what she did in the movie "Closer", every time I see her face, I can't STAND Natalie Portman. And I was a fan ever since "Leon". She was at least nice to look at in Episode II, especially in her tight white outfit.

But now? No thank you, you self-centered prude. Stay away from ANYTHING involving Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 am

yea ap, i didnt like her for awhile myself too. But i think she has grown alot as an actress. As i said i wouldnt mind her being in superman or batman. But its not going to happen now with her pregos and all that. May i ask what the story was, i dont think i read anything/heard about it?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:32 am

LOL! Got me curious too....off to google "Closer" I think.

Happy New Year all!

We've had ours here on the otherside of the time line......am a little seedy.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, it's funny. Ever since I heard the story about what she did in the movie "Closer", every time I see her face, I can't STAND Natalie Portman.
Guess I'm drawing a blank. Was it something that happened during production? Wouldn't surprise me. The way I heard it, the only reason George Lucas didn't fire her from Episode III was because Keira Knightley was unavailable. Apparently she was a serious pill on the set.

For my part, I've not liked her ever since she did junkets for some movie between Episode I and II. Maybe it was Anywhere But Here, I don't remember, but when asked if any Star Wars fans had talked to her on campus (she'd just started college at the time), she said she'd been "really fortunate" and that none of "those people" had "bothered" her yet. After that, she and I were done. Professionally.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Ok, here's the deal with Portman and "Closer":

In the movie, she plays a stripper. Strippers usually get naked right? Well, they filmed a scene where she did just that, but then later she was so "upset" about people possibly SEEING HER NAKED, that the director not only cut the scene, he BURNED THE FOOTAGE.

How freaking retarded is THAT?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Ah ok ap, was wondering what the story was. But hey some times actresses are like that about getting nude and all that. But it did sound like something silly. As for her not liking sw fans or the whole scifi community or what not. Some times actors are like that. Heck I recall alec g who played obi wan in the old series never cared for it either and was only doing it for money. But it sucks when actors are dissing fans.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:59 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ah ok ap, was wondering what the story was. But hey some times actresses are like that about getting nude and all that.

Gee, I never expected this from YOU....

Here's the deal, chuckles: If you have issues with being nude, DON'T FILM THE STUPID SCENE. Not film it, then weeks later cry to the director about it so he BURNS THE FOOTAGE.

Use your brain.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Haha yea
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Ok, here's the deal with Portman and "Closer":

In the movie, she plays a stripper. Strippers usually get naked right? Well, they filmed a scene where she did just that, but then later she was so "upset" about people possibly SEEING HER NAKED, that the director not only cut the scene, he BURNED THE FOOTAGE.

How freaking retarded is THAT?
Fuckin hell. What gets me is that someone like Portman has the clout to either force non-nude scenes to be filmed (wear a flesh-colored body suit and move the camera around it so it looks like she's in the buff) or else demand a body double. But shooting the shit and then forcing the director to burn the footage... well, (A) it's such a prima donna thing to do and (B) it makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Par for the course with her though. Another Star Wars story (and this one's on the record, it really happened) was after principal photography wrapped after the summer of 2000, she went to a Halloween party. Minor reshoots had already been scheduled for earlyearlyearly in November (this is how Lucas rolls; principal photography, reshoots, reshoots, wide release) so what do that twat do for her little Halloween party? Fucking dyes her hair PINK! Yeah, cuz, nobody will notice if Portman randomly has pink fucking hair in a few shots in Episode II or anything, no no.

So the poor make up and hair people were trying like hell to restore her hair in the 24 (or less) hours they had. There was a cutesy article about it on the main Star Wars page not long after where the make up people joked about it but if you read between the lines, you could tell they were pissed.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Fuckin hell. What gets me is that someone like Portman has the clout to either force non-nude scenes to be filmed (wear a flesh-colored body suit and move the camera around it so it looks like she's in the buff) or else demand a body double. But shooting the shit and then forcing the director to burn the footage... well, (A) it's such a prima donna thing to do and (B) it makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Par for the course with her though. Another Star Wars story (and this one's on the record, it really happened) was after principal photography wrapped after the summer of 2000, she went to a Halloween party. Minor reshoots had already been scheduled for earlyearlyearly in November (this is how Lucas rolls; principal photography, reshoots, reshoots, wide release) so what do that twat do for her little Halloween party? Fucking dyes her hair PINK! Yeah, cuz, nobody will notice if Portman randomly has pink fucking hair in a few shots in Episode II or anything, no no.

So the poor make up and hair people were trying like hell to restore her hair in the 24 (or less) hours they had. There was a cutesy article about it on the main Star Wars page not long after where the make up people joked about it but if you read between the lines, you could tell they were pissed.

Want to see me bring things "full circle"??

I give you Natalie Portman in "Closer"!:

Casting Lois Lane - Page 2 Natalie_Portman_1(2)
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:44 am

Well to get out of the stuff with portman, was bored so was going through news sites and all. And CBM site which we all know are crap most of the time with news reporting/reporting bs-made up things. A user there claims 3 actress's are being looked at for lois:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scoops/news/?a=27306
RUMOR:3 Leading Actresses final targets for Lois Lane in Superman

3 of Hollywood's leading actresses are the only candidates for the coverted role of Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's "Superman", due for release in 2012.

The 3 actresses have been wittled down from a list of around 12 which included Natalie Portman who will star in 2011's Thor, produced from rival Marvel Studios. Portman turned down the role due to commitments with Marvel.

WB and DCE execs. have quickly wittled down the list so early with only 3 actresses vying for the role with WB confident one will accept.

Emily Blunt, Anne Hathaway and Olivia Wilde are the only candidates WB want for Lois Lane. One of these will play alongside an unknown actor in the role of Superman along with a star studded cast due for release in December 2012.

Zack Snyder is directing, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Deborah Snyder, Charles Roven and Thomas Tull are producing a story by David Goyer, Christopher and Jonathan Nolan with music from Tyler Bates.

Editor's Note: As with any rumor like this, it is suggested you take it with a grain of salt.
DISCLAIMER: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal of copyrighted material, contact us HERE.

CBM Contributor
1/2/2011

As for the 3 names in this rumor. I like each three. Anne is a great young and talented actress. She would be a wonderful lois in my book. Emily is another good actress only seen a few of her films and i could see her too as lois. Heck i was hoping for her to be in some other roles too. Wilde i havent seen any of her work myself yet. Still need to go see tron legacy and she is next up in cowboys and aliens.

So what are your guys opinions on these names/rumor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 am

Casting Lois Lane - Page 2 Olivia_wilde_1024x768-cuero

Yum
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:07 am

Sold!

Actually she does have that "angular" face i associate with Lois

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Casting Lois Lane - Page 2 Anne%20Hathaway

The fact that she is in contention for Batman means she has a GOOD shot at Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Good. Her and Blunt can act. I haven't seen Wilde in anything though.

So far it seems they're being a lot more "serious" about this reboot and not casting someone's beard to fill a slot.

Had to laugh, went with a mate to help him buy a new HD TV yesterday. The store had Singerman on all the sets......(great film to use, it's almost monochrome to begin with, looks just as bad on the cheap sets as it does on the top line stuff...)

But yeah, there was "the forehead" in all her glory, looking as dull, lifeless and uninspiring as everything else in that film.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:35 pm

i for one would be happy with any of those 3 ladies if either of them actually score the role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Father Finian wrote:Good. Her and Blunt can act. I haven't seen Wilde in anything though.

So far it seems they're being a lot more "serious" about this reboot and not casting someone's beard to fill a slot.

Had to laugh, went with a mate to help him buy a new HD TV yesterday. The store had Singerman on all the sets......(great film to use, it's almost monochrome to begin with, looks just as bad on the cheap sets as it does on the top line stuff...)

But yeah, there was "the forehead" in all her glory, looking as dull, lifeless and uninspiring as everything else in that film.

Eww. To see her ginormous forehead on multiple TV's would be a preview of HELL for me.

But yeah, it looks like they are going to try and do things RIGHT this time.

Finally.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm

It was a bit of fun to be honest, playing dumb with the shop assistants. My mate is not a Singerman fan either, him and I saw STM together all those years ago.

"What's wrong with this set? Superman's cape is supposed to be red, isn't it?" etc etc

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next