Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
thecolorsblend
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
superman1938
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Empty Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane

Post  superman1938 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:54 pm

wtf....this chick is 36 years old...only 7 years younger than Diane lane

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/03/27/amy-adams-will-be-lois-lane/

Superman news: Amy Adams will be Lois Lane
March 27, 2011 | 10:53 a.m.

Amy Adams (Warner Bros)

EXCLUSIVE

This just in — three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams will play journalist Lois Lane in Hollywood’s revival of “Superman.”

The 36-year-old star got the news on Sunday from director Zack Snyder, who phoned her from Paris, where he was promoting his just-opened film, “Sucker Punch.” There had been a crush of Hollywood interest in the lead female role in the Warner Bros. project but Snyder said that after meeting with Adams, she was the clear choice to take on a character that dates back to 1938 and has long represented the strong, professional woman who can hold her own against any man – even if he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

“There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.”

Snyder declined to discuss the precise prominence of Lois in the story or any plot details about the film but he said the role is “a linchpin” to the project and that he considers it essential that Lois — an FDR-era creation – arrives on screen in 2012 with contemporary appeal and spirit.

Lois Lane meets Superman (DC Comics)

“It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes. That applies to Lois as well. She has to be in the same universe as him [in tone and substance].”

Adams has shown an affinity for finding the plucky but pitch-perfect center of old-school roles; in the cartoonish ”Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian” she brought a surprising amount of yearning emotion to the role of a simplified Amelia Earhart and she won rave reviews for the role of Giselle in “Enchanted” and its sly send-up of Disney princess traditions that date back to “Snow White,” which premiered just six months before Lois Lane hit newsstands in the pages of Action Comics No. 1.

Adams is coming off an Academy Award nomination for her work in ”The Fighter,” the David O. Russell film that took her into far darker territory; she played a bartender named Charlene who is fire-tested and fierce in her love for a down-but-not-out boxer portrayed by Mark Wahlberg. The film earned an Oscar win for Christian Bale, who played Wahlberg’s deliriously drugged-out brother, and he will be in the other big superhero film of 2012, “The Dark Knight Rises,” which will see Bale back in the cowl of Batman.

Margot Kidder and the late Christopher Reeve memorably brought romance to Metropolis (Warner Bros)

The big breakthrough for Adams was “Junebug,” which premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival, where Adams won a special jury prize for her performance. The star’s other notable credits include ”Doubt,” Julie & Julia,” “Sunshine Cleaning,“ “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby” and “Charlie Wilson’s War.” Later this year, she will be seen in both “On the Road” (an adaptation of the famed Jack Kerouac novel) and in Disney’s new Muppets film.

In the still-untitled Superman film, Henry Cavill will play Clark Kent and the Man of Steel. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are set to play the Kents, the adoptive parents of the last son of Krypton.

– Geoff Boucher
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Empty Re: Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Amy is a very lovely actress and good actress too. If she is indeed lois I am happy. And really big deal between real ages of folks. For all we know kevin/diane could be aged up a bit with makeup and all that.same with amy for her to be a few yrs younger.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Not a big fan.....Lois should be the same age as Superman or at least the actress should be as young as Cavill....Snyder and Nolan wanted a younger Superman but an older lois... Heck Diane Lane would be a better Lois Lane than Adams...also Adams doesn't seem to have the right look or energy to be Lois Lane.....I think Snyder chose her because she was in The Fighter and that she is a "hot" actress.
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:09 pm

I doubt that we don't know how all the casting hoices stacked up. Plus she is a 3 time oscar nomiee and a very solid actress. I don't see anything wrong with her age. She is in a fine age range and makeup and hair can easily make her look younger. Or for all we know maybe they wanted to go with a slightly older lois. Heck we don't even know what is the ages the characters will be. Maybe amy and henrey will be playing lois and clark at age 30ish. Like for example ryan reynolnds was 32/33 while shooting gl and character will be arouns 27 yrs old. Its nothing new for actors playing youolder or older.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:42 pm

She was in 'Smallville', so maybe some people will be happy that SOMETHING from the show is ending up in the reboot?

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-adams-hand-signed-smallville-trading-card-jsa_d8898c645c8d2aafc70883ab8a3d5a37

I like that they are filling the cast up with Oscar-Nominated actors and actresses. That's 3 so far....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:57 pm

superman1938 wrote:Not a big fan.....Lois should be the same age as Superman or at least the actress should be as young as Cavill....Snyder and Nolan wanted a younger Superman but an older lois... Heck Diane Lane would be a better Lois Lane than Adams...also Adams doesn't seem to have the right look or energy to be Lois Lane.....I think Snyder chose her because she was in The Fighter and that she is a "hot" actress.

I disagree. I think Lois should be a couple years older than Superman.

It would help convey the "Superman ages MUCH slower than regular humans". Plus, she doesn't look her age.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I agree I don't have much of an issue with lois being a few yrs older. Would help the case if they have her already top ace reporter with a few big time awards. To make it more realistic and alll. Ppplus she is a solid actress very good work. Would have loved widle but amy is still a very good choice.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:56 pm

A few pics:

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-Adams-Sexy
Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-Adams-Sexy-PhotoAmy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-adams-sexy
Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-adams-picture-3Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane 17d031640945e0be_Amy-Adams.larger
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:13 pm

After letting it sink in....I will have an open mind...especially after seeing the pics from AP Very Happy

....I still have an issue with the age ...especially if they make sequels...she would be in the 40s after a third movie
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

superman1938 wrote:After letting it sink in....I will have an open mind...especially after seeing the pics from AP Very Happy

Smart man.

....I still have an issue with the age ...especially if they make sequels...she would be in the 40s after a third movie

That's not really something to worry about though. How about we wait until they get ONE film right before we worry about sequels.......?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Empty RE: Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:She was in 'Smallville', so maybe some people will be happy that SOMETHING from the show is ending up in the reboot?

Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Amy-adams-hand-signed-smallville-trading-card-jsa_d8898c645c8d2aafc70883ab8a3d5a37

I like that they are filling the cast up with Oscar-Nominated actors and actresses. That's 3 so far....

AP, was she the one with the elongated jaw that sucked the fat right off that deer she hit in the middle of the road?! Was that her?! I had no idea! Oh sure, I have that season of Smallville & have seen that episode several times. That was also the first season if I remember correctly so that episode is nearly 10 years old now but from what I remember, she played a teenager who was obese & trying to diet but after a few 'Krypto shakes', she'd suck you off, literally, but not in a good way! I even believe that ep is one reason that my wife doesn't like Smallville. She tried to watch that & when the elongated jaw started sucking the deer it was too much for her! She doesn't like 'freaky stuff' at all; think more along the lines of Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, Grey's Anatomy, et al. ME? Think Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Dark Shadows, et al. Anyway, if that was Amy Adams playing that part, she did look young then, but like I said, that was about 10 years ago, but age sure doesn't seem to have hurt her.

Duh Homopage has already reported this & currently has 77 COMMENTS! I haven't had time to 'research' their comments but I don't expect much either:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9462#comments

I will admit though that I myself know next to nothing about her. However, interestingly, she's playing with VIGGO MORTENSEN in an upcoming film:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/161264-amy-adams-is-lois-lane

"She will next be seen in Walter Salles' On the Road with Viggo Mortensen and The Muppets."

Hmmmm?! The plot thickens eh?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

She's one and the same. From 'Smallville' Season 1 to 3-Time Oscar-Nominated actress in 10 years.

She was amazing in 'The Fighter'', and will be amazing as Lois Lane.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey! Here's a real 'gem':

#8 | Sabaoth on March 27, 2011 4:05pm EST
Awesome news!
My only concern is that she is 36 and will be in her 40s come sequel time!
I am so happy it wasn't the unattractive Erica Durance!

The unattractive Erica Durance?! What's this guy smoking?! Or rather, let me guess, 'he' prefers his 'BJ'. I guess it didn't take long to find a little 'nugget'! Very Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Thag was one of the wrost season one episodes of sv. But she has grown alot with her acting since then. Also guys would you want her to dye hair brown or black for the role?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:10 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey! Here's a real 'gem':

Awesome news!

The unattractive Erica Durance?! What's this guy smoking?! Or rather, let me guess, 'he' prefers his 'BJ'. I guess it didn't take long to find a little 'nugget'! Very Happy

I bet that little troll looks like THIS:
Amy Adams Cast As Lois Lane Derp-news
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey! Here's a real 'gem':

Awesome news!

Common is popular over there too, don't forget. I think the real problem is that Snyder's Superman is starting to fill up with attractive women. Apologists don't know what to do with that.

I should add that I, for one, am happy that Gemma Arterton from Clash of the Titans wasn't cast. (A) I'm sick of seeing her (B) I'm sick of seeing her dumbass name in general and (C) wtf, did I miss something? Since when did Lois look like a dour, chubby European??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Common is popular over there too, don't forget. I think the real problem is that Snyder's Superman is starting to fill up with attractive women. Apologists don't know what to do with that.

Sure they do. They go to shirtlessoilybeefcake.com or some shit.

I should add that I, for one, am happy that Gemma Arterton from Clash of the Titans wasn't cast. (A) I'm sick of seeing her (B) I'm sick of seeing her dumbass name in general and (C) wtf, did I miss something? Since when did Lois look like a dour, chubby European??

Were there actually people "calling" for her to play Lois? And if so, why??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Common is popular over there too, don't forget. I think the real problem is that Snyder's Superman is starting to fill up with attractive women. Apologists don't know what to do with that.

Sure they do. They go to shirtlessoilybeefcake.com or some shit.

Were there actually people "calling" for her to play Lois? And if so, why??
Because Apologists and dumbasses in general have a serious hard on for nobody actors playing iconic comic book roles, even if the actors look *NOTHING* like the character.

Of course, every casting choice from Iron Man puts paid to that idiotic notion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Guess who jumped in to "defend" that shot at the gorgeous Erica Durance?

Eunuch himself!

#63 | Steve Younis on March 27, 2011 7:27pm EST
Guys, relax. The wink at the end of Saboath's remark makes it obvious he was joking. Can we please stop the personal attacks?!

Personally, I think Amy Adams is a great choice for Lois. I thought she was fantastic in "Night at the Museum 2" and can easily play younger than her age. That's what actors do, they pretend to be other than what they really are.

I see. if someone puts a "wink" at the end of an attack on 'Smallville', it's just a JOKE. But did that work when people were trashing Singerman?

Of course not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:01 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I see. if someone puts a "wink" at the end of an attack on 'Smallville', it's just a JOKE. But did that work when people were trashing Singerman?

Of course not.
Fuck you, Steve Younis. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Wink Wink Wink Wink

Hm. The guy's a twat.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:I see. if someone puts a "wink" at the end of an attack on 'Smallville', it's just a JOKE. But did that work when people were trashing Singerman?

Of course not.
Fuck you, Steve Younis. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Wink Wink Wink Wink

Hm. The guy's a twat.

And he'll read that when he comes to read what we got on our site.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 am

I'll say this, first off... Glad to hear that they finally found an actress to cast as Lois Lane, second... I too am abit skeptical as superman1938 on Amy Adam's age in regards to the role that she has been cast for and eventually she'll be playing but something tells me that age won't be a factor in the film since Hollywood history has it that actors & actresses don't always play roles that fit their age in which that will give me a reason to have me roll with it.

Plus, I'm also surprise to find out that this was the same actress who once starred in a "Smallville" episode about a decade ago, who knew that was going to happen?

I also want to add that this will be good time to start comparing her with Kate Bosworth do to her reputation she had for being miscast in the last "Superman" film!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 am

Hey, what's up with the 'Bulls-eye'?! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:02 am

Apparently it suppose to represent me as a target for a certain someone, aleast I'm assuming!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:50 am

Oh man kate b was way way wrong for lois and what the role was. Now I didn't really mind her in past work I may have seen. But she was a very lousy lois. She was dull, didn't fit the story for character and lacked any chemistry with the cast. Where as amy I think she is a pretty solid actress. Has grown alot since she first started working over a decade ago. And she is a better caliber actress then kate is. I am sure she will turn out well as lois and probably worked well with henry who I am sure was a deciding factor in casting with who worked best with henry.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next