Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane?

5 posters

Go down

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane? Empty 3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 am

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118031515
3 considered for 'Superman' female lead
Alice Eve, Diane Kruger and Rosamund Pike compete for Warner Bros. pic
By Justin Kroll

Exclusive:With Henry Cavill set as the Man of Steel, Warner Bros. now moves on to its female lead, and a short list of contenders is coming together.
Alice Eve, Diane Kruger and Rosamund Pike have emerged as the three thesps being considered for the character, whose identity hasn't been disclosed -- but it's not Lois Lane.

Early reports had names such as Rachel McAdams and Kristen Stewart as female leads, but sources tell Variety that the studio doesn't want a name that could overshadow its leading man.

Eve has the most modest resume, but has seen her profile grow in the last year after starring in Paramount's "She's Out of My League." Besides "Superman," Eve was also considered one of the front runners for roles in "X-Men: First Class" and "Captain America: The First Avenger."

Pike has been on Hollywood's radar since her turn as a Bond girl in "Die Another Day" and has since had several supporting roles, including "An Education" and "Barney's Version."

Kruger has had significant leads in both "National Treasure" pics, "Troy" and "Inglourious Basterds" -- but this would mark one of the biggest leading roles she has landed.

Studio is also currently putting a search out for its villain as well, but no names have been set in stone.

Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David Goyer with Christopher Nolan producing. Studio is looking to start production this summer with a December release date.

All three thesps are repped by UTA. Eve is also repped by Untitled and Pike by Magnolia Entertainment.

Well this would surely be an interesting move. I dont know who it would be if not lois. And would be strange if they didnt do lois. But with snyder/goyer/jonahthan into the comics. I really cant see them not doing lois. Unless this is just a cover for lois casting.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane? Empty Re: 3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:07 am

All I have to say to all three is:

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane? No+way
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane? Empty Re: 3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am

what dont you like of those actresses ap if i may ask. For myself i do like kruger from her national tresure films. But its hard to judge these actresses much when we dont even know what this female lead is? if it ultimately isnt lois.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 am

webhead2006 wrote:what dont you like of those actresses ap if i may ask. For myself i do like kruger from her national tresure films. But its hard to judge these actresses much when we dont even know what this female lead is? if it ultimately isnt lois.

I find them to be very plain-looking, and not what I want to see in a Superman film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 am

webhead2006 wrote:Well this would surely be an interesting move. I dont know who it would be if not lois. And would be strange if they didnt do lois.
01- Superman III
02- Superboy
03- SV until recently
04- The first year or so of the Byrne Age Superman comics

Probably other stuff I'm forgetting. The point? There is precedent to spare to not set up Lois as the female lead/immediate love interest.

But with snyder/goyer/jonahthan into the comics.
The jury's still out on all three of those assholes, actually.

I really cant see them not doing lois.
See above.

Unless this is just a cover for lois casting.
WTF sense would that make? The entire point of sending shit out to casting agencies is to cast someone for their look as well as how well they read the lines. Sending out intentionally wrong information will result only in the wrong types of people pitching their hats into the ring. It'd be a waste of time for everybody involved. If you're trying to hire an MBA, you don't interview bus drivers.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:13 am

Oh, and as to who the character might be, there are possibilities.

01- Lana
02- Cat Grant
03- That Ruby chick from Byrne's World of Metropolis miniseries
04- Lori Lemaris (although even I would have a hard time wrapping my head around this one)

At least two of the three actresses mooted in the Variety article are blondies. So here's a wild idea. What if they're casting for Chloe Sullivan?

EDIT- Or it could be a new character like Rachel Dawes from the Nolan movies.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Oh, and as to who the character might be, there are possibilities.

01- Lana
02- Cat Grant
03- That Ruby chick from Byrne's World of Metropolis miniseries
04- Lori Lemaris (although even I would have a hard time wrapping my head around this one)

At least two of the three actresses mooted in the Variety article are blondies. So here's a wild idea. What if they're casting for Chloe Sullivan?

EDIT- Or it could be a new character like Rachel Dawes from the Nolan movies.

Actually, I think it WILL be a completely new character. If the "rumor" of Clark travelling the world ala Birthright is true, this is where she will come from.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 am

well hopefully some more details will come out soon on what this role is, if lois is in the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:36 pm

For my take it's either Lana Lang, Mercy Graves or could possibly be Chloe Sullivan, who knows?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Well now according to latino review they claim to know what the mysterious female role is:
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-superman-s-undisclosed-character-revealed-12492
Exclusive: Superman's Undisclosed Character Revealed
By Kellvin Chavez on February 04, 2011 0diggsdigg

It's not a bird, it's not a plane, but it's a Superman scoop you want to read about.

Most recently the powers that be, aka the producers, of Zack Synder's take on Superman released to the trades the names of three actresses who are in contention to play a character who is "undisclosed" for the time being.

Auditioning are British actress Alice Eve, German actress Diane Kruger and British actress Rosamund Pike. The trades also stated that these three are not vying for the part of Lois Lane.

There are many are speculating that Lois Lane will not be in the film, but as a buddy of mine recently said, "Superman without Lois Lane is like having Batman without Alfred."

While bloggers and fans have been scratching their heads trying to figure out which character Synder has them coming out for, LatinoReview has been alerted by a most trusted reliable source that two things are going to occur.

1: Lois Lane WILL be in the film.
2: The character these lovely actresses have come out for is none other than a Kryptonian villainess who is going by the name of URSA.

Now expect the powers that be to deny deny and deny. As Superman fans can recall the character URSA was in both "Superman: The Movie" and "Superman II" played by British actress Sarah Douglas.

This will lead many to wonder whether or not General Zod will be in the film as URSA, along with Zod, were two thirds of the criminals banished by Jor-El to the Phantom Zone.

Now Zack Synder has gone on record stating that General Zod will not be in the film, stating, “For now, it’s just a rumor.” But directors and screenwriters often make changes before shooting begins.

With production on the film beginning this summer with a late 2012 release date expect decisions to be made shortly regarding the principal cast.

Well this is interesting if it is indeed ursa(based off the character foaora from the comics). I wonder if this means zod is a contender again. Even though snyder dismissed zod months ago. I wouldnt mind seeing zod again. But i would rather start out with a villain who hasnt appeared in film series yet. Like metallo, brainiac, parasite, heck even a character like toyman or mxy. Hopefully we find out whats up shortly.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

3 considered for Superman Female Lead? possibly not lois lane? Empty RE: 3 Considered For Superman Female Lead? Possibly Not Lois Lane?

Post  non_amos Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Webhead, in reference to that Latino review link you posted, I glanced at the comments. Here's one that stood out to me:

"Arthur Marcus · 10 hours ago
They better not include Lex Luthor or General Zod in any Superman movies for a while. This is the time to rebuild the franchise. They should utilise the villains that weren’t included in the previous films such as Bizarro, Brainiac, Doomsday, Metallo, Toyman, Darkseid, Atomic Skull, Bloodsport, Bruno Mannheim, Conduit, Cyborg Superman, Faora, Gog, Imperiex, Intergang, Jax-Ur, Kryptonite Man, Livewire, Mala, Mercy Graves, Mongul, Morgan Edge, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Parasite, Prankster, Sam Lane, Silver Banshee, Solaris, Superboy-Prime, Superman Revenge Squad, Terra-Man, Titano, Ultra-Humanite, Ultraman.
This is a second chance to get it right. This is an opportunity."

I, for one, wouldn't mind a MODERN version of Zod with TODAY'S F/X but like they said, Zod's already been done. Remember, Singer's 'dynamic duo' writers were gonna do something like that for 'the sequel that is just around the corner'? While on ONE hand I wouldn't mind Zod, done right, OTOH, can't they think of anything ORIGINAL?!

*SIGH*! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:56 pm

ya i ultimately wouldnt mind zod again too. Though i would rather like to see a character who hasnt had film yet get first dibs then in sequel do the whole zod and all that card. Hopefully we will get more news soon on other villains.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Zod's been done to death. Terrence Stamp back in the 80's, the comics lately, SV last season, etc. I totallyunderstand not wanting yet another "Superman vs. Lex Luthor" story completely but there are other villains to choose from besides Zod and Lex.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Ya would be nice to get a how new villain. But one thing to consider would be interesting if this ursa is not working with zod.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya would be nice to get a how new villain. But one thing to consider would be interesting if this ursa is not working with zod.
Actually no, it would be friggin retarded. You'll note the difference.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Also we might cross kruger name from list. Comingsoon interview her and she said not testing or something. But we all know that could just be a cover some times. But interested still to see who lands the role. And colors what if for example they had ursa working for/woth brianiac.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 am

You know, if I was of "lesser intelligence", I would buy into this "Ursa" rumor. I would be fretting that no matter what SHOULD be done, these filmmakers will just keep taking two steps back for every step forward with Superman. "Ursa AGAIN?" I would say. "Being in the first TWO FILMS wasn't enough?" I would moan.

But I'm not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 pm

It is interesting to see where it does go. And if really it is bs/cover up for a different character. And to cover up the true villain casting. I just sucks waiting as a fan. To we get offical word from studio/director on what is 100% real.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 am

What a surprise. First one of the actresses says "Nope, not true" to rumors about her being in Superman, now actress #2 just took a role in the Clash of the Titans sequel.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/rosamund-pike-is-andromeda-in-clash-of-the-titans-sequel-12530
Guess that Rosamund Pike won't be trying to get any roles in Zack Snyder's "Superman" flick anytime soon. The actress is finalizing a deal with Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures to be in the "Clash of the Titans" sequel.

Jonathan Liebesman is directing the sequel with Sam Worthington and Gemma Arterton reprising their roles. Pike will be playing the role of Andromeda which was originally played by Alexa Davalos. The actress is currently unavailable to take part in the sequel, and that's where Pike comes in. It is rather nice to read that Pike isn't rumored to be a part of any comic book production, which was the case with Snyder's "Superman" and even "X-Men: First Class" when they were casting the character of Emma Frost.

Pike recently appeared in "Barney's Version" alongside Paul Giamatti. She'll next be seen in David Frankel's "The Big Year," a comedy about competitive bird-watching that also stars Jim Parsons, Owen Wilson, Rashida Jones and Steve Martin. "The Big Year" flies it's way into theaters on October 14th.

Gee, was I right AGAIN?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Saw that story earlier. Now all that is left is alice if the ursa thing turns out true, unless someojne else name pops in. I do hope we get another role cast soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

I just thought of another female lead that they might put in... Maggie Sawyer!!! Think about it, they can put her in as a Comissioner Gordon type role, even that could work!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Good point there, totally forgot that character. Would be neat to see sawyer and even dan turpin.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I just thought of another female lead that they might put in... Maggie Sawyer!!! Think about it, they can put her in as a Comissioner Gordon type role, even that could work!

It's going to be a character created for the film. Lois will factor in at the end.

My prediction.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down