Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Kevin feige comments, on scarlet witch, quicksilver, skrulls, and antman at avengers uk premire:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 am

No joke. This is a pretty huge spoiler. Don't get pissed off at me if you choose to watch it.

Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 am

That's disappointing to hear. What gets me is, since when is 'Comic Book Movie' actually respectable enough to even get 'one-on-one' interviews with these actors, much less get real spoilers?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:01 pm

non_amos wrote:That's disappointing to hear. What gets me is, since when is 'Comic Book Movie' actually respectable enough to even get 'one-on-one' interviews with these actors, much less get real spoilers?

They've cut-down, a little, on the made-up bullshit they used to post all the time there. So just like other online websites that do ANY kind of "reporting", they have access to press passes, junkets and sometimes to actors.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 pm

I do know one of the people there ed gross I think his name is, has another site where he does interviews. So maybe that is how they got that interview.

Captain america & hulk international spots:

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 pm

A new clip of banner/widow from the BBC show Graham norton show:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=58341
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Avengers mid credit scene leaks spoilers if you decide to watch it:
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:47 am

Webhead, that video has already been removed due to a copyright claim. What was it anyway? If you have to, tell me in a 'hidden spoiler' or PM. Thanks. Inquiring minds want to know.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 am

Hey non sorry you didnt get to see video before pulled off. I sent you a pm on it, but for others if you did want to see the scene just look you avengers post credit scene/end credit scene on youtube and look under this week/today search end. I am sure a few more copies are floating around. But in other news looks like Avengers is off to a good start in Austrila:
http://www.moviehole.net/201253960the-avengers-breaking-records-internationally
The Avengers breaking records internationally!
49 6 Email0 Digg0
By : OLIVIA MARNE (Thursday, April 26th, 2012 at 4:21 am)

Disney’s “The Avengers” has broken some big, big, big records here in Australia – where it commenced yesterday. Check out the press release from Disney!

MARVEL’s THE AVENGERS BIGGEST MARVEL OPENING DAY EVER;
DISNEY STUDIOS AUSTRALIA’S #1 OPENING DAY IN HISTORY

26 April 2012 (Sydney, AUSTRALIA): Marvel’s The Avengers has smashed the Australian box office on its opening day of release with a record breaking AUD$6 million (USD$6.2million). The stunning opening makes The Avengers the biggest Marvel Studios opening day ever – 233% ahead of Iron Man 2 (AUD$1.8 million) and represents the number one Disney Studios opening day, ahead of The Chronicles of Narnia Lion, Witch and Wardrobe (AUD$3.5 million).

The one day figure easily surpasses the combined individual opening days box office of each Marvel superhero film Australian opening (Iron Man 2 – $1.813 million, Thor – $1.3 million, Captain America – $0.86 million and The Incredible Hulk – $0.37 million for a total of $4.357 million).

The opening puts the film at the number two position of all time openings behind Harry Potter Deathly Part 2 (AUD$7 million).

“The most anticipated blockbuster for the year Marvel’s The Avengers has really lit up the box office with this stunning opening – Disney and Marvel’s biggest yet in Australia. The Avengers is testament to fabulous storytelling combined with a blockbuster cast and world-renowned director – this superhero epic is a must-see for all Australian fans and film lovers!,” said John Cracknell, senior vice president & managing director The Walt Disney Company, Australia.

With the weekend coming up, those numbers are only going to increase even more!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 pm

So with avengers just around corner. We all are probably going to do marathons for it. Which I forgot I believe we talked on this in past. Which order is the best to vuew all the movies. I just wanted to see which way you guys believe it is, or from official timelines brought up before.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 am

This just in... Comicbookmovie.com has presented three new covers for next month edition of Entertainment Weekly.

Check it out...

The Avengers News Thread - Page 14 Ewavengerscoverhulkhawk

The Avengers News Thread - Page 14 Ewavengerscoverblackwid

The Avengers News Thread - Page 14 Ewavengerscovercaptaina

As cool as they are I don't think the Hulk's chest hair have to be that noticable or visable!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 am

You, sir, have officially passed negative-200! Not for your pics, which are great, but rather for your Hulk comments. But what else is new? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:41 am

Nice covers for the film. They look pretty good. So happy only a few more days to go.

Also here is a new TV spot for Avengers:

Hulk centric tv spot:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:18 pm

http://www.superherostuff.com/Pages/AvengersMoviePromotion.aspx

This is an Avengers sweepstakes featuring George Perez. They want you to answer the question:

Another X-Man recently joined the ranks of the Avengers. So... Who was it?

Cyclops
Angel
Storm
Gaordoak Pippenpoopen

Anyone know which is the correct answer? Also, I know I don't buy comics anymore (at the moment) but my bigger question is, what does Perez have to do with sketching the Avengers?! I thought he was a DC guy. What am I missing here? Question

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Hmm I too thought he was with dc currently. As for an xmen in avengers group only one that makes any sense to me is storm. Since logan is on the new avengers currently. And with his issues with scott I can't see him being an avenger.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 am

non_amos wrote:http://www.superherostuff.com/Pages/AvengersMoviePromotion.aspx

This is an Avengers sweepstakes featuring George Perez. They want you to answer the question:

Another X-Man recently joined the ranks of the Avengers. So... Who was it?

Cyclops
Angel
Storm
Gaordoak Pippenpoopen

Anyone know which is the correct answer? Also, I know I don't buy comics anymore (at the moment) but my bigger question is, what does Perez have to do with sketching the Avengers?! I thought he was a DC guy. What am I missing here? Question

Not sure if you mean that strictly in the current sense or in an historical sense. If it's the first one, well, he's off Superman now. To my knowledge, that was his last regular work before this Avengers stuff right now. If you mean the historical sense, hell, if I'm not terribly mistaken, his earliest work was on the Avengers. It's where he got his start and he's arguably more associated with that title (but not those individual characters necessarily) than even Kirby.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 am

Came home today, and I had gotten this one in the mail on Friday:

The Avengers News Thread - Page 14 Ewavengerscovercaptaina
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 pm

That is a good cover/mag to have in your mail. Is the article in there any good or just you know stuff we already know?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Could marvel be changing tune on another hulk solo go. Also some other plans on marvel studios future:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/04/30/marvels-five-year-plan-for-the-avengers-to-rescue-the-movies/
Marvel's Five-Year Plan For The Avengers To Rescue The Movies

SHARE:

Yet,promoting a movie with four spotlight-hogging superheroes is not without its challenges. “It’s definitely a complex brand,” says Marvel’s Paul Gitter. “Instead of just one,you have four ingredients [Iron Man, Hulk,Captain America,Thor] to brand merchandise and get SKUs [at retail].”

As a result,The Avengers emphasizes the “Core Four” rather than any one specific superhero in TV and print advertisements. And there’s a concentrated focus to showcase all members equally on Avengers merchandise.

Marvel is also releasing individual character merchandise in “waves” to help ensure superheroes receive their turn in the spotlight. For example,the first wave of The Avengers toys by Hasbro (which holds the toy license for the property) is heavy on Iron Man and Captain America. The second wave will see an increase in toys for Thor and the villain Loki,while the third wave will emphasize the least known characters,Hawkeye and Black Widow,says Hasbro’s Daniel Benkwitt. Retailers will also receive “surprise” boxes of Avengers toys in which the character SKUs are just randomly thrown together.

Nonetheless,fans inherently prefer certain superheroes over others. “It’s just like you would think —Iron Man and Captain America sell more than Thor,” says Gitter. However,The Hulk may soon surpass them all. Marvel executives have been “pleasantly surprised by the phenomenal response” to this green superhero,and expect this fan affinity to further strengthen once the movie opens. “His sales are up in a major way. We repositioned him from where he was always misunderstood to now depicting him in a more heroic and aspirational manner,” says Gitter.

If Hulk’s successful turnaround continues,Gitter says Marvel “will spin him off to a stand-alone program next year,” supported by a big budget franchise movie in 2015. The entertainment studio is also exploring ways to promote Hulk as a “corporate icon,” similar to MetLife’s usage of Peanuts’Snoopy,where The Hulk’s image conveys a message about channeling strength to overcome workplace challenges.

Marvel’s multi-year strategy also played a role in amassing more than $100 million in promotional support for the Avengers film. Starting in 2008,Marvel approached partners with the understanding that relationships would be multi-year,multi-movie agreements. “There are many opportunities for brands to align with the big commercial in the sky [Gitter’s term for blockbuster movies],but we want to develop sustainable relationships [with our promotional partners].” As such, Harley-Davidson,Dr Pepper,and Acura are a few of the brands who initially supported individual Marvel franchises and are back again for The Avengers.

This hefty promotional support meant Marvel had to be proactive to avoid superhero oversaturation. “We looked at every retailer strategically to see how can we be different. We think we came up with a nice mix,” says Gitter.

Walmart’s program,for instance,centers on technology and the Marvel Avengers Super Hero Augmented Reality mobile app. Shoppers have instant access to Hawkeye,but can only “unlock” Iron Man,Thor, Captain America,the Hulk,and Black Widow in the aisles of the store. Comparatively,Marvel worked with clothing retailer Aeropostale to develop visually distinctive displays to catch the attention of “hip and trendy” teens. Target’s The Avengers initiative utilizes broadcast and traditional media,and Toys R Us is about the in-store experience,and has opened Avengers-themed in-store boutiques at 600 locations.

While The Avengers’May 4 opening marks the end of the current multi-year plan,Marvel has already developed a detailed marketing strategy for the next five years. Whereas this approach saw the feature film as the finish line,the upcoming campaign will “synergize” the Avengers into a “multi-platform brand that can live 365 days a year.” To that end,Marvel is introducing digital initiatives,new print and comic book titles,and The Avengers animated TV series on the Cartoon Network in 2013. Iron Man 3 hits theaters next year,and Captain America and Thor sequels are in the works. Although the Black Widow isn’t yet scheduled for her own stand-alone movie,the character’s lifestyle will inspire a collection of athletic gear and beauty products.

It’s also likely that Marvel superheroes will soon be spotted in the theme parks of its corporate parent Disney,and in Broadway shows, similar to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. Gitter doesn’t directly confirm these initiatives,only stating that Marvel is “exploring all land-based opportunities,including stand-alone shows and attractions.”
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 pm

This tracks pretty well stories I hear from friends and the comic shop guys. Hulk is starting to get a lot of attention. Long overdue, if you ask me. I think TIH proves that Hulk can star in good movies. I blame the relatively low performance more on Ang Lee's stench than I do anything related to TIH. If Marvel thinks it's time to bring the Hulk back, hey, fine by me. It'd be nice to keep the same actor for multiple movies for once though.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Ya its good in my book too. Also just picked up midnight tickets for avengers. Though I know I should order sooner. Midnight imax tickets where already sold out. Crap on me. But I do plan to see it again during weekend with a friend. So will do imax then.

Mark ruffalo talks avengers, and contract with marvel:
http://collider.com/mark-ruffalo-the-avengers-hulk-movie-interview/160722/
Mark Ruffalo Talks THE AVENGERS, Deleted Scenes, and Reveals He Signed a 6 Picture Deal with Marvel

With The Avengers opening next weekend in North America, Marvel/Disney recently held a massive press junket in Los Angeles and I was able to interview most of the cast, director Joss Whedon, and Kevin Feige (Marvel Studios President). Every day this week I’ll be posting a new video interview from the junket. Yesterday was Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and today I’ve got Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/The Hulk).

During the interview, Ruffalo talked about his reaction to reading The Avengers script for the first time, deleted scenes, and how funny the movie is. In addition, Ruffalo revealed he signed a six picture deal with Marvel and he’s excited to keep making movies with them after seeing The Avengers. Hit the jump to watch.

Finally, as I’ve said many times on Twitter, I absolutely loved The Avengers. Featuring a fantastic script, amazing action, and terrific performances, The Avengers delivers on every level. Also, make sure you stay through the credits…

For all of our Avengers coverage which includes our set visit, on set interviews, clips, TV spots, posters, images and more, click here.

Mark Ruffalo

His reaction to reading the script for the first time and the challenges of fitting in so many characters into one movie We talk about how funny the movie is Reveals that he signed a 6 picture deal Talks about how he now wants to make a lot more Marvel movies Talks about a deleted scene he’s sad that was cut
Click link to view video interview
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:09 pm

webhead2006 wrote:That is a good cover/mag to have in your mail. Is the article in there any good or just you know stuff we already know?

They did a group interview with all the heroes in the film, which was pretty good. But, just like I think will be the case in 'The Avengers', RDJ dominated it.

The guy is just an Alpha.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 pm

New clip:

"Threat" featurette:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

I had to double check real quick but, yeah, that "Stop trying to be a hero" clip was fucking awesome.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 01, 2012 6:16 pm

I know it was a cool clip. Can't wait to see the full scene. By chance colors how are u planing to see avengers, 2d, 3d, imax 3d?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next