Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:The suit for Faora looks particularly freaky. What's up with THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON look anyway?! Suspect

As I have already pointed out, it is based on the old Ty-Zor design from Fly-By:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Tyzor

It's just been altered to fit into the "Neo-Medieval Krypton" they were talking about.

I didn't really think about that when I posted that but yeah, I remember you saying that a while back. It just didn't cross my mind today. It's been one of those days to say the least! Anyway, what I based 'creature' on was those hands especially & those jagged edges on the arms which made me think of something like this:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Creatu10

It's just the way it struck me at the moment. Anywho..........
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Actually, they are more 'Lord of the Rings'....

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Hand%20of%20sauron

Sauron's hand.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I still don't get what the deal is with armor. So what if DC is doing it. Do Kryptonians really need armor? Unless it's lined with lead to protect from Kryptonite, what's the point? Of course in SUPERMAN II Zod & company looked like they were going to an S&M party but still, armor? Really?! scratch
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:50 pm

non_amos wrote:I still don't get what the deal is with armor. So what if DC is doing it. Do Kryptonians really need armor? Unless it's lined with lead to protect from Kryptonite, what's the point? Of course in SUPERMAN II Zod & company looked like they were going to an S&M party but still, armor? Really?! scratch

Unlike what they did in the DCnu bullshit, this is because on Krypton they won't HAVE any powers. So armor is kind of a given. If you were a warrior during the Medieval Period, you'd wear armor. Or, you'd die in your first battle.

Zod, Faora, even Kal-El HIMSELF aren't going to come to Earth, decide to make their costumes replete with armor. The first two will be outfitted that way, the latter will find the suit and use it.

So the armor is a big non-issue for me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

MOS footage at the SDCC!

From Variety:

Warner Bros. also has reserved a three-hour block Saturday and is likely to anchor its presentation with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," out in December. Plans include first-look footage from next summer's "Man of Steel," not a surprise given helmer Zack Snyder's love for the Comic-Con crowd when he presented them with "300" and "Watchmen" in previous years (studio has never taken one of Christopher Nolan's Batman pics to the show, and there are no indications that this year will be any exception).

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055419

Happy
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Superman wrote:MOS footage at the SDCC!

From Variety:

Warner Bros. also has reserved a three-hour block Saturday and is likely to anchor its presentation with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," out in December. Plans include first-look footage from next summer's "Man of Steel," not a surprise given helmer Zack Snyder's love for the Comic-Con crowd when he presented them with "300" and "Watchmen" in previous years

Well, Zack Snyder has ALWAYS shown love for comic books, and their fans. So this is not surprising. Excited

However....

(studio has never taken one of Christopher Nolan's Batman pics to the show, and there are no indications that this year will be any exception).

Christopher Nolan has shown nothing but disdain. This ALSO, is not surprising. Sleep
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:23 pm

non_amos wrote:
Superman wrote:
non_amos wrote:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Zman_o10

And so it begins. They even included Nolan's Bat logos! Neutral

I suspect that this will be a marketing gimmick that the studio will use to try & capitalize on 'all things Nolan', for better or worse, i.e., trying to use duh Nolan's 'clout' to drum up sales & attention. I guess though that as long as they divorce themselves from Singerman it'll somewhat be a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I know. I just thought that the Bat logos were a bit...too much maybe? But at the end of the day, whatever helps MOS make more $$$ is fine by me. I just know the SR apologists will be butthurt if MOS takes home a lot of dough. I already noticed some optimists dreaming of Routh being cast in the JLA movie and even reading bullshit about the supposed muscle suit again, with today's pictures. I mean, how stupid can these people get??? Suspect
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 pm

(studio has never taken one of Christopher Nolan's Batman pics to the show, and there are no indications that this year will be any exception).

No kidding?! Who'da thunk it?! cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Superman wrote:MOS footage at the SDCC!

From Variety:

Warner Bros. also has reserved a three-hour block Saturday and is likely to anchor its presentation with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," out in December. Plans include first-look footage from next summer's "Man of Steel," not a surprise given helmer Zack Snyder's love for the Comic-Con crowd when he presented them with "300" and "Watchmen" in previous years

Well, Zack Snyder has ALWAYS shown love for comic books, and their fans. So this is not surprising. Excited

However....

Christopher Nolan has shown nothing but disdain. This ALSO, is not surprising. Sleep

He probably thinks himself above things like comic-con. After all, the source material is irrelevant, so why should he bother, eh? Well at least he did one thing right (in my book anyway), he picked Snyder. And hopefully didn't brainwash him in the process. cyclops

Well, I hope we got some more new stuff this week. Maybe they could launch manofsteel.com on the 14th, eh? Time for a poster and some stills before the teaser, no? bounce
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Superman wrote:I just know the SR apologists will be butthurt if MOS takes home a lot of dough. I already noticed some optimists dreaming of Routh being cast in the JLA movie and even reading bullshit about the supposed muscle suit again, with today's pictures. I mean, how stupid can these people get??? Suspect

If you post at any other forums, and you see that bullshit being spewed forth, link them to this post of mine that DESTROYS their claims of "padding":

https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t168p270-henry-cavill-cast-as-superman#8524

The proof is there, in full color no less!

Oh, and add this one too:

https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t168p255-henry-cavill-cast-as-superman#8511

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Other Post/Link.)
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Video of the suits:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Just for effect:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Man%20of%20Steel%20SuitWe Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Superman%2BReturns%2B2006%2Bcostume
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

Somewhere between those two suits is a superior one. One with brighter colors, bigger S crest, shorter cape, correct neckline.

Fuck it, I'm basically talking about a slighter variation of Christopher Reeve's suit.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 am

Am I the only one who noticed this?:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Zman_o10

"Producer of The Dark Knight Trilogy"?

Producer? I thought he DIRECTED IT??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 am

They probably should have illustrated... "And Producer Christopher Nolan Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy" just to avoid confusion!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am

I'm sure I read that about Nolan but for some reason I just didn't notice it. Too much other stuff on my mind I guess. In reference though to the video you posted, I found this associated video after the other one finished playing:

I don't agree with everything this chick is saying, namely like she'd rather have Michael Bay than Zack Snyder & questioning Snyder's competency but ohhhhh! Is she ever the Nolanite! And btw, they're not underwear, they're trunks. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:22 am

The more the video went on, the more I realized she wasn't a total outsider to fandom. Never would've realized she was the Supurbia chick though.

I championed Michael Bay for a lot of years there. His participation (or lack of same) was never a deal breaker for me. I simply argued that he would do a credible film about Superman filled to overflowing with large scale action sequences, good casting and patriotic visuals; basically most everything Superman ever was in the comics.

Naturally, that makes Bay totally anathema to the Apologists.

Snyder wasn't my first choice but I can't knock 90% of the stuff he's done so far.

And btw, who the hell is put out by Laurence Fishburne playing Perry White? I haven't seen one outburst over that. I guess the KKK might be pissed off about it but who the hell cares what they think? Who should Snyder have hired? Frank Langella? Please...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 am

Actually she sounded like she approved of Fishburne's casting but criticized Amy Adams, comparing her to Lana Lang. Also, please get me up to speed. What's this Superbia comic? I don't think I ever heard of it but I ain't reading comics at the moment either so..........
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

non_amos wrote:Actually she sounded like she approved of Fishburne's casting but criticized Amy Adams, comparing her to Lana Lang. Also, please get me up to speed. What's this Superbia comic? I don't think I ever heard of it but I ain't reading comics at the moment either so..........
My impression of it is that it's basically Desperate Housewives meets the Justice League. My understanding is that it features a predominantly female cast. It's basically supposed to be a sort "behind the cape" kind of thing about an all-female superhero team and the drama that ensues when they're not fighting off alien invasions.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 am

Wasn't Lois Lane's hair color at one point red? Different eras kept switching from black to brunette to black again, I could have sworn at one point she was a redhead.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:15 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Wasn't Lois Lane's hair color at one point red? Different eras kept switching from black to brunette to black again, I could have sworn at one point she was a redhead.
Eh. You go back and check out, say, the early 90's comics (1990, actually) and you see she had a lot of red highlights. Not Lana red but pretty red. Just four years earlier, she had black hair (and this was during John Byrne's run, you understand). At some point after 1990, she was a brunette. Then I think she had black hair again for a while. It's been all over the place ever since about 1990.

Some Apologists are upset about it but they won't have any cred with me until they criticize Routh for having noticeably brown hair rather than Superman's traditional black hair. Until then, get out of my face.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 am

Reeve's hair went noticeably more brown in III. Then in IV he went right back to black but without the curl.

I don't mind too much. Only Supes hair I didn't like was the first official still of Cavil's hair being brushed back, but then a bunch of leaked photos surfaced with him sporting the traditional parted hair. Weird. I assume his hair gets out of place when he's in action.

Stupid thing in SR: Routh's hair would move a lot in motion like when he flew, but once he stops his hair is combed up nicely back as if it were never out of place. Neutral
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Reeve's hair went noticeably more brown in III. Then in IV he went right back to black but without the curl.

I don't mind too much. Only Supes hair I didn't like was the first official still of Cavil's hair being brushed back, but then a bunch of leaked photos surfaced with him sporting the traditional parted hair. Weird. I assume his hair gets out of place when he's in action.

Stupid thing in SR: Routh's hair would move a lot in motion like when he flew, but once he stops his hair is combed up nicely back as if it were never out of place. Neutral
Yep. I remember there was a part where he fell into an ocean. His hair was already a mess then but that wouldn't have helped. Fivehead, Cyclops and Damien fish him out of the drink and it's still Harry Potter territory. But he flies out of the plane, gets some sunlight, which I assume not only had the ability to regenerate him (in spite of the Kryptonite shard in his back that should've been poisoning him) but also had the ability to fix up his hair just in time for the "big" climax. Then it gets messy again when he goes deep sea diving, blah blah blah.

I realize there's a certain amount of credulity that any movie requires of a viewer but give me a break...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am

Great to hear snyderr will be showing some footage at comic con. I hope it gets leaked out or officially released. As for hair thing I said it before I don't mind lois being a red head as long as amy plays the role to justice. For me there is only a few characters that really need to have certain hair colors for tv/film takes.

As for routh hair god I really hated how they parted the wrong way. And his curl looked so stupid that way. When you go the reeve way makes hair look more natural looking. That is way I like it if curl is included in looks.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm sure I read that about Nolan but for some reason I just didn't notice it. Too much other stuff on my mind I guess. In reference though to the video you posted, I found this associated video after the other one finished playing:

I don't agree with everything this chick is saying, namely like she'd rather have Michael Bay than Zack Snyder & questioning Snyder's competency but ohhhhh! Is she ever the Nolanite! And btw, they're not underwear, they're trunks. Rolling Eyes

We Need Some Movie News - Page 22 Shut-up
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next