Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman)

+2
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Empty Re: DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman)

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Not sure if anyone cares:
Hm. Interesting. Wonder if it's a movie tie-in or something else. They already have two monthly Superman books. Tough to believe they'd add another New 52 Superman book to the roster given how many headaches they have already with the regular ones. The name is kind of suggestive too. Understand, I'm not opposed to this, just thinking out loud.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Empty Re: DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman)

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 am

Could be movie tie in. Since is coming out around same time. Or probably turn into a limited run series maybe. But that is always counts on sales.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:49 pm

I could have put this in the Lawsuit thread, but since it goes along with things predicted HERE, I'll put it here.

Grant Morrison gave an interview over in the UK, and he gave reasoning for why he is leaving "mainstream" superheroes. For now:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/16/grant-morrison-doesnt-care-whether-you-are-a-worm-or-a-zebra/

“We have disagreements,” he acknowledges, “but to me disagreements are things that you deal with, problems are things you solve, and everyone stays friends, and negotiations are done. So I kinda felt that.. it just began to feel too unpleasant to work within a comic book fan culture where everyone was mad at you all the time and giving you responsibility for legal cases and things that I have got honestly nothing to do with in my life and will shortly have zero connection with.

“But I felt that. There was a sense of, a definite sense of the temple was being burned down and it was time to run away.”

Read that bold part again. Then once more for clarity.

"Responsibility for legal cases"? Whatever could THAT mean?? Could it possibly confirm what most of us assumed NuSuperman was all about?

Methinks it does....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Obvious as it may be, (A) it's nice to have it out there and (B) it does put some of the grumbling (and some of the grumbler) in their place. You know who I'm talking about. The Apologists on the Eunuch page will bash the hell out of anything DC does with Superman. And yet Singerman always gets a free pass. So hmm. But also (C) it puts the work into a better context. It felt all along like Morrison was making the best of a bad situation and this only proves it. I dug his Brainiac storyline. It could be the SV fan in me coming out but I liked his "not completely ready for prime time" approach to Superman. No, it isn't my ideal Superman by any means but that first arc was damned enjoyable for what it was.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Apparently this is Superman's new look.

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Action18promo

Whatever legal shit may be involved in this, I'm thinking I made the right choice in dropping out of The New 52.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Really them dropping the blue now too. What gives????
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Proud

R.I.P.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Really them dropping the blue now too. What gives????
How the hell should I know? It's promo art. The context of it hasn't been disclosed.

non_amos wrote:
Proud

R.I.P.
Part of me wants to tell you that this is strictly temporary... but I'm not sure I'm comfortable making those kinds of claims anymore.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Apparently this is Superman's new look.

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Action18promo

Whatever legal shit may be involved in this, I'm thinking I made the right choice in dropping out of The New 52.

Couple of things:

1. DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Supermanlives-newcostume

2. Notice all the piping, trying to "resemble" the 'MOS' suit?

3. What's up with the red sun?

Still looks and smells like ass.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68561

COMICS: Scott Snyder And Jim Lee's MAN OF STEEL Series Confirmed; First Artwork Unveiled

It has been rumoured for a while, but we now have a first look at Scott Snyder (Batman) and Jim Lee's (Justice League) Man of Steel. Hit the jump for the first details about the series as well as some stunning artwork!
Josh Wilding - 10/11/2012

To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Superman (not to mention the fact that Warner Bros. have a brand new film featuring the character hitting theatres next June), it has today been revealed at the New York Comic Con that 2013 will see the launch of Man of Steel; a new ongoing series from the creative team of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee. Many thanks to Comic Book Resources for the following image and quotes. Be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the page to read more and sound off with your thoughts in the usual place.

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Jze4a10

Scott Snyder On How The Title Fits Into Continuity And What We Should Expect From The First Arc:

This will play along with the other Superman books in the sense that it's in continuity, but we really wanted to carve out our own territory. This really is sort of the biggest, most epic Superman story we could do together while having our feet planted firmly in continuity and making sure that everyone had enough room. For us, this is an independent book and something that will challenge Superman in a big way that's unique to our book. At the same time, I'm friends with Scott and with Andy too, so we're really excited to play alongside each other and share ideas. I think one of the interesting things about him is that Clark is always Clark. But for Superman, the thing that makes him such a strong character is that the values he grew up with and the person he was raised to be are still at the core of what makes him the most powerful superhero on earth. This isn't going to be a story where it's Clark versus Superman or seeing the two of them split. It's more about challenges for Superman that rock him to the core emotionally, psychologically and also physically. It really is going to wind up putting him up against someone who can go blow-to-blow with him and really take him down.

Jim Lee On Why He Decided To Team-Up With Scott Snyder On Man Of Steel:

I would say with my Co-Publisher hat on looking into 2013, it's Superman's 75th anniversary. So we wanted to do a lot of great things with Superman in the coming year and expand the number of books we put out under his name. From an artist's point of view, I always want to work with the writers I admire. I've been following Scott's work on "American Vampire" where I actually did the variant for the first issue, and I followed him straight through to "Batman" where I loved the way he introduced new mythology and made it seem so seamless and like it'd been there forever. I wanted a chance to work with Scott and do it on a character like Superman where we could see what he could come up with to show us what this character is about even as we've known him for 75 years. Scott and I had a breakfast at San Diego Comic-Con, and he walked me through this story, and I was sold from that moment on.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 pm

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Dscn2310
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:05 am

Wonder how long it'll be before Jim Lee bails on this book too.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 am

Facebook covers.

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Fb-sup17

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Fb-sup18

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Fb-sup19

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Fb-sup20

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Fb-sup21
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 pm

The raping continues:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=69066

COMICS: Career Changes Coming For Clark Kent
DC's New 52 has brought forth a lot of changes to some of their major characters. Marriages have been wiped out, costumes changed, and some character don't even exist. Well now comes one more change, Clark Kent is leaving The Daily Planet.
WaylonJones - 10/22/2012

There have been some major changes to the Superman mythos thanks to DC's New 52. Lois and Clark are not only not married, they aren't even dating. Superman's suit even got a major overhaul seeing the end of the red underwear on the out side of his pants. Now another major shakeup is coming thanks to new series writer Scott Lobdell. Clark Kent is leaving The Daily Planet. According to USA Today, the change comes from mounting stress as Clark is dealing with Lois' new boyfriend, pressure from Perry White, and even more pressure from his boss Morgan Edge. All these event lead to what is being described as a Jerry McGuire moment where Clark has had enough and quits in front of the entire staff. "This is really what happens when a 27-year-old guy is behind a desk and he has to take instruction from a larger conglomerate with concerns that aren't really his own," explained Lobdell. He continued by saying that Superman is arguably the most powerful person on the planet and wondered how much could someone of his power sit behind a desk and be treated like the least important person in the world.

Along with Clark, entertainment writer Cat Grant will also quit the Planet. According to Lobdell Clark will be looking to get his message out to the people via the internet now with Cat bringing her skills to the table to help him. Although Clark will be quitting The Daily Planet, Lobdell says look for him to start a new type of publication. Something along the lines of The Huffington Post or the Drudge report.

To see what all Lobdell had to say about Clark's new career path head on over to USA Today. For the latest on major comic news make sure to check back here at CBM.

Gee, politics much? Let me guess, "Occupy Metropolis", right baby dick?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:30 am

So he's basically going to be a blogger? Time was I would've criticized that big time on principle. But then 2004 happened. There's a sense in which that's basically the wave of the future.

Of course, then you get into his reasons for leaving. "Big corporate conglomerate", "concerns that aren't his own", blah blah blah. Politics.. It'd play, I swear it would, if I had the slightest remnant of respect for mainstream media. But in most cases, they're an extension of the Democrat Party so spare me any bullshit about "journalistic independence". Every example of "rightwing media" someone can name is easily answered by at least four or five leftie outlets. So let's skip the numbers game and stick with the principle of the thing. Clark's reasons for leaving the Planet come down to leftie idealism.

In and of itself, I'm not opposed to Clark doing something other than newspaper journalism. I think the Bronze Age worked beautifully for having Clark on TV a lot of the time. If the Daily Planet staff can't see through his disguise in spite of the fact that they hang out with both Clark and Superman, why would anyone else in Metropolis be able to see through it just because Clark is on TV?

No, the change of venue bothers me not. The reasons for it... well, I've had it with liberals. I'm just fucking done with them.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Jerrysup

Well, at least there's that. Although I didn't know it was something that you should be ashamed to say....
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Alf wrote:DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Jerrysup

Well, at least there's that. Although I didn't know it was something that you should be ashamed to say....
A bunch of asswipe liberals have made expression of patriotism a "sensitive" matter for some.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Saw the career change news. I am actually surpised a little it hasn't happened sooner. With print mags/papers closing or just going digital format and all that. Bloggers/ 24-7 news shows/sites aare where things are today. So in the sense its current with modern news is going. But on other hand I like the old school paper/reporter aspect to clark kent/superman. So it is sucky there goes another thing.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Saw the career change news. I am actually surpised a little it hasn't happened sooner. With print mags/papers closing or just going digital format and all that. Bloggers/ 24-7 news shows/sites aare where things are today. So in the sense its current with modern news is going.
No kidding. For my money, blogs are where real investigative journalism take place these days and primarily by "citizen journalists".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:25 am

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2013/03/word-balloon-podcast-super-centric-talk.html

Not sure how many of you listen to podcasts in general, comic book podcasts in particular or Word Balloon to be precise. I check it out if they're dealing with creators I'm interested in. I love Elliott Maggin's Superman to this day so any chance I can find to listen to him talk Superman is fine by me.

But this episode? It also includes Rags Morales. In fact, I'm still at the Morales section of the episode. Maybe it's premature to say but I get a very dismissive "I'm so above this material" type of attitude from the guy. I at least got the impression that Superman was likely the smallest factor in his decision to do Action Comics. Seems he was more motivated by working with Grant Morrison and the "historic relaunch" factor. I'll give him props for finding inspiration in the Fleischer animated shorts. You can do worse as far as influences go. And at least it's not more stripmining of the Donnerverse. But it's really hard to shake the notion that he looks down his nose at Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 pm

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Superm10

Is that the Singerman logo?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Yeah it is. But it's over and done with soon.

Instead, we get THIS:

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Superman-art-6c69f

I mean, fuck. Blue boots? Why the FUCK do they make it seem like they WANT to fuck Superman up SOMEHOW??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 17, 2016 5:12 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yeah it is. But it's over and done with soon.

Instead, we get THIS:

DCnU Superman Thread (re: Action Comics and Superman) - Page 6 Superman-art-6c69f

I mean, fuck. Blue boots? Why the FUCK do they make it seem like they WANT to fuck Superman up SOMEHOW??
Blue, you say? I've seen people argue that the suit is black and the blue shading is just highlights.

Me, it looks like the entire suit is MOS blue.

Whatever, I'll say that it's sort of a lateral move as compared to the New 52 outfit.

The fact is DC doesn't like Superman. They just don't. Whatever the reason, they dislike the character. They're trying to develop a Superman they can understand... but nothing works because that shit isn't what Superman is supposed to be.

I can understand in some ways since Superman is basically all-powerful and basically all-good. A character who is just one or just the other is probably a writer's dream come true. A character that is both is probably his worst nightmare. And yet people wrote entertaining Superman stories for decades where he was both because they understood how to handle the challenge.

End of the day, it isn't that big a challenge to get Superman right. DC's unwillingness to try shows me I made the right choice in abandoning their comics years ago.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6