Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Expendables 2'

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

'Expendables 2' - Page 5 Empty Re: 'Expendables 2'

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:27 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yeah but that also leads into the one criticism I have of the movie. Basically, I thought JCVD went down a little too easily. Sure, he beat the piss out of Sly for a while but, when all's said and done, what I really wanted was to see more of JCVD's trademark spin kicks. NOBODY does it the way he does, you know?

Actually, since they made sure we KNEW that Statham and Adkins were going to go at it, how badass would it have been to have all FOUR go at it at the same time?? Stallone takes on Van Damme. Statham Adkins. Then Statham and Van Damme have a little mano-a-mano with Stallone/Adkins doing the same? Then back again for the respective big finishes.

Would have knocked people's socks off.

Still, if the biggest complaint I have about the thing is that JVCD doesn't show his full badassitude, well, you know it was a pretty good movie.

Most definitely.

Wouldn't have minded more Jet Li either.

I just liked that, even though he couldn't commit to the WHOLE movie, they didn't resort to killing him off and can therefore bring him back in the 3rd one.

And I sense a little bit of 'The Raid' in his sequence in the film...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I hope to see the film soon myself.

Expendables 2 boxoffice:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=65986
Despite better reviews and bigger cast, The Expendables 2 grossed $28.7 million in its opening weekend according to official estimates (via BoxOffice.com). That is 17% less than the first film back in 2010 ($34.8 million). Many predicted that The Expendables 2 will most definitely make more than the first chapter in the first weekend. The film received an "A-" CinemaScore, which should result in a good word-of-mouth. It will be interesting to see the numbers for next weekend.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:58 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I hope to see the film soon myself.

Expendables 2 boxoffice:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=65986
Despite better reviews and bigger cast, The Expendables 2 grossed $28.7 million in its opening weekend according to official estimates (via BoxOffice.com). That is 17% less than the first film back in 2010 ($34.8 million). Many predicted that The Expendables 2 will most definitely make more than the first chapter in the first weekend. The film received an "A-" CinemaScore, which should result in a good word-of-mouth. It will be interesting to see the numbers for next weekend.

'Expendables 2' is suffering the same fate 'Rambo' suffered:

Kids paying to see 'Diary' or whatever kids movie is out, and sneaking in to see 'E2'.

But I see the film having legs, and making a profit like the first one did.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

Probably is the case and as long as its total run can make as good as bank as first that isn't to bad.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 am

Wow, the foreign markets just ate-up 'Expendables 2'!

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=expendables2.htm

'Expendables 2'
Production Budget: $100 million
Domestic: $80,684,984
Foreign: $186,000,000
Worldwide: $266,684,984

I can see their being a 3rd, but with a drastically reduced budget. Probably in the $75 million dollar range. But still, that's enough to tell a good story.

In fact, I think it should end with Barney's team being hunted down by Arnie's after the US Govt. sets their sights on them. My idea is much more than that, but that's the core. And it's a good way to end the series.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 am

AP wrote:

I see that phenomenon a lot over at Box Office Mojo, even with our beloved superhero/sci-fi/horror films. The remake of DARK SHADOWS made like twice as much overseas as it did here & that's just one of many examples! That even applies to MIB III. It really gets away with me sometimes because I'm like, wake up America, what's wrong with you?! Just exactly why do foreign audiences sometimes eat up our films & it's like here, no one gives a crap?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 am

non_amos wrote:AP wrote:

I see that phenomenon a lot over at Box Office Mojo, even with our beloved superhero/sci-fi/horror films. The remake of DARK SHADOWS made like twice as much overseas as it did here & that's just one of many examples! That even applies to MIB III. It really gets away with me sometimes because I'm like, wake up America, what's wrong with you?! Just exactly why do foreign audiences sometimes eat up our films & it's like here, no one gives a crap?!

Well, keep in mind, that is the total of ALL the countries it plays in. We're not just talking 3rd World jerkwater countries either. Plus, more and more countries are opening up more and more movie theaters, so there are more dollars in play overseas.

Oh, and WHY are they opening new theaters you might ask?

Because of OUR films, that's why.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Nice to hear it doing well over seas.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action